NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remember that Zahra's threads are not dream threads. Please do not post dreams/visions. Thanks.

Every time this comes up, I can't help but think of the cell phone pic, taken on August 9, that ABC News acquired from the family friend.

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

Who wears a "do rag" wrapped at eyebrow level like that? (I haven't even come across any other pics of Zahra wearing a do rag. Doesn't seem like it was a norm for her.)

I keep wondering if poor Zahra may have had a somewhat serious head injury, even as far back as August. Wonder if her head was wrapped to conceal a gash on her scalp, forehead, or both.

If so, the timing of this could explain why Zahra was not enrolled in school and the homeschooling excuse came up.

I wish we knew if the furniture store lady had noticed Zahra wearing any headgear, hat, or anything in her September sighting.

Can someone with medical expertise speak to this:

Is it possible for a person to have a skull fracture, subdural hematoma, or both.. and die from it as long as 4-6 weeks later?

Sadly, of course, it's a possibility Zahra was being subjected to more and more frequent recurring beatings to her face and head. :(

Is she missing her eye tooth? Her eyes look dark and her face puffy. You could be right . E looks like a meth head.

Do you think he knows/feels that?

I do think he allowed EB t be the primary caretaker and I think he didn't challenge EB. I think it is quite a leap from that to EB abusing him IMO. But I do believe she hunted gullible, passive men on the internet. And I do believe that AB had a duty, an obligation to see to the needs of his beautiful daughter. I think he let her down. I think he is culpable in Zahra's disappearance if only through neglect.

After the him not aware/involved in harming/killing Zahra I don;t know what I think s it changes, one new development aftger the next, back and forth, like a pendulem.

When LE speaks, I am sure the next line of thought wil become clear.

The above is all my own opinion.

Well, IF he wasn't involved in Zahra's death, I see him as being terrified after the fact that he would be in trouble, too, and going along with a plan to explain her disappearance rather than tell authorities the truth. He did have those outstanding charges against him, we aren't sure about his legal status in this country, may have been into the whole drug thing with Elisa or some other seedy activity, frightened about being here alone now that his wife was locked up...

I can see him being so frightened for his own welfare after this happened that he tried to put one over on the system. But then when I get to that point in my analysis, I have to think...what is worse, to be possibly accused of and charged with murder or to immediately tell about your part after the fact and take your lumps for it?

I guess I'm kind of waffling on his culpability because we just don't know enough. In that kind of situation, I try to give the benefit of the doubt, and I will try to keep doing that til we know more. But he doesn't make it so easy!

Is she missing her eye tooth? Her eyes look dark and her face puffy. You could be right . E looks like a meth head.

I think it's the cell phone making it look that way. The entire picture is very dark and distorted.

New here, btw. You all are doing a fantastic job. I have been lurking since poor Z went missing :(

I tried viewing their house and property using google maps, but think I may have been looking at the wrong one. Was their house right next to a tire store? Also it looks like their is a block of businesses right across the street.

snip

count of failure to appear for a charge of returning rental property

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...r-arrested-worthless-check-charges-ar-481519/

wonder what that property was he rented and when he rented it.

I'd be willing to bet it was jointly rented with EB. I can't recall the specifics, but her charges mention home furnishings and (IIRC) a television?

Since she has no substantial income, he would have needed to jointly apply if she wanted to buy something rent-to-own IMO.

--Kiki

I think it's the cell phone making it look that way. The entire picture is very dark and distorted.

New here, btw. You all are doing a fantastic job. I have been lurking since poor Z went missing :(

Hi Bia., and welcome to WS.

i think it's the cell phone making it look that way. The entire picture is very dark and distorted.

New here, btw. You all are doing a fantastic job. I have been lurking since poor z went missing :(

welcome Bia!!!!!

Thank you very much for the welcome. So sad that it takes something of this nature to bring a group of wonderful people together.

The tooth had been missing a while - I've seen it missing in other photos.

It looks to me like she's missing the tooth.

Her face looks VERY swollen to me. Especially considering there are photos of her in the same time period where she looks like a thin little waif.

The family friend reportedly took the picture because she noticed a bruised eye (they both look darkened to me).

I am no doctor but if she had a brain injury she would most definitely be complaining of a headache. Her face does look bruised and puffy, but it is also a bad picture...who took it and where was she when it was taken? I can see a clear bruise under her eye and yes a tooth gone. Only family, friends, school mates, teachers could answer some of these questions though.

Her cheeks look like they are swollen and bruised about her face. The one tooth missing I thought we saw in another picture? May be normal but not the other things.

Welcome Bia, and all of our new members. Glad you joined us!!!

welcomeSwingbluheart.gif

Yeah, I just can't see it happening without consent. I mean what are they gonna do, put her in the car and not say a word to her the entire time to avoid claims of questioning w/o atty present? Even if they could manage that and videotaped it, I really believe just the act of removing her and driving her around to various places without consent could in and of itself be seen as questioning and be a violation.I think she and her atty decided it was in her best interests to give up at least some info to police and she was brought along to help verify that info, and her atty (or atty's rep) was probably present for the ride.

Alternatively, if she is playing games, she could have told them what she was doing in that area at the time in question (even if a big fat lie) and LE wanted her to point it out to them and her atty agreed to let her do so.

I would beat my head on the lovely brick wall icon, but I have enough trouble as it just being blonde. :blushing:

LOL I am not blonde but seemingly similarly challenged.

Yeah, I don't think once you've lawyered up you can just be dragged on a tour of potential dump sites. IANAL MOO

UNLESS, THEORIZING HERE!

You have a lawyer who is representing you for the more "petty" unrelated charges. Perhaps you have been courted by some (or not) and didn't end up with the Criminal defense attorney assigned til you were facing criminal charges. Are LE bound to inform attorney reprersnting you on pending charges and NOT on potential murder charges? What if the reason for questioning has nothing to do with the current pending charges (aside from EB's obstruction charge re Zahra)?

Are any of the posters who were here earlier in the day discussing attorney assigned to EB by state and yesterday thumbnails showing visits from outside criminal defense attorney (death penalty qualified?) ?

Anywho, I have no links but am theorizing all of the above!

OMG tehcloser, I might be your siamese twin, I love the fact that you have my most common typo is teh.

It looks to me like she's missing the tooth.

Her face looks VERY swollen to me. Especially considering there are photos of her in the same time period where she looks like a thin little waif.

The family friend reportedly took the picture because she noticed a bruised eye (they both look darkened to me).

Like if her nose was broken. Of course if her cancer had returned it may look that way anyhow. I have some awful pictures of our chemo kid.
Was she still on any meds?

I really dont know alot of details of the case and it would be impossible to catch up by reading the threads.

Welcome BIA!

Every time this comes up, I can't help but think of the cell phone pic, taken on August 9, that ABC News acquired from the family friend.

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

Who wears a "do rag" wrapped at eyebrow level like that? (I haven't even come across any other pics of Zahra wearing a do rag. Doesn't seem like it was a norm for her.)

I keep wondering if poor Zahra may have had a somewhat serious head injury, even as far back as August. Wonder if her head was wrapped to conceal a gash on her scalp, forehead, or both.

If so, the timing of this could explain why Zahra was not enrolled in school and the homeschooling excuse came up.

I wish we knew if the furniture store lady had noticed Zahra wearing any headgear, hat, or anything in her September sighting.

Can someone with medical expertise speak to this:

Is it possible for a person to have a skull fracture, subdural hematoma, or both.. and die from it as long as 4-6 weeks later?

Sadly, of course, it's a possibility Zahra was being subjected to more and more frequent recurring beatings to her face and head. :(

That pic also makes me wonder if perhaps she was losing her hair for some reason. I've said before that I think it's possible she may have had a recurrence, not received proper treatment, and died as a result of medical neglect.

To me, in that photo, her little eyebrows even look odd...as if they may be drawn on. I also think she looks a little jaundiced (of course, both those could be attributed to the poor picture quality). Her little face is so puffy, too. I just keep thinking liver and/or kidney failure due to lack of treatment, whether from a recurrence of cancer or some other condition.

That picture just absolutely breaks my heart. Whatever the case may have been, seeing that precious little angel still trying to smile through it all just rips your heart out. :(

That pic also makes me wonder if perhaps she was losing her hair for some reason. I've said before that I think it's possible she may have had a recurrence, not received proper treatment, and died as a result of medical neglect.

To me, in that photo, her little eyebrows even look odd...as if they may be drawn on. I also think she looks a little jaundiced (of course, both those could be attributed to the poor picture quality). Her little face is so puffy, too. I just keep thinking liver and/or kidney failure due to lack of treatment, whether from a recurrence of cancer or some other condition.

That picture just absolutely breaks my heart. Whatever the case may have been, seeing that precious little angel still trying to smile through it all just rips your heart out. :(

I think the "friend" who took this picture would have mentioned the swelling to the media though. Maybe not, but she did say she took the picture to "cheer her up". She spoke about the black eye, nothing about swelling or anything.

I do know that Brain Injuries can cause swelling but it may be far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne