NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE have NOT ruled it out, at least to my knowledge and obviously others are questioning that too. The wood-chipper has now been removed from the home. If you could please show me where LE have stated that the wood-chipper has been ruled to have not been involved in this crime.

Sarx has the links and has posted them .... (ohh 500 times? LOL) ...I am horrible at finding links once I have them. But LE stated it was a "false lead". They HAVE ruled it out.

I hope this doesn't violate the prohibtion against talking about London Dude (since I'm not speculating as to his person, etc), but I saw this discussed on another news forum. How do we know "London" means the UK? Was this ever stated by anyone?
Here are some "London's" in the USA:

London, OH
London, TX
London, AR
London, MO
London, Uninc Conecuh County, AL
London, Uninc Shelby County, IN
London, Deerfield, WI
London, Uninc Tulare County, CA
London, MI
New London, NC

Wow! Good thinking!

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

SNIPPED

The search was expanded from the area the leg was found to include both sides of the pavement along the two and a half mile road.

"They weren't cutting back brush, just walking and looking," said Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones.

Just on WSOC TV, they reported that today LE said they DID find what they were looking for but they will not elaborate. They then headed back to Caldwell county.

"Despite that, they say a lot of work is still ahead before they have the answers to the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the ten year old girl."

Ugh, I have a feeling we are getting no where.

Ok,I'm going to ask one of the dumber questions ~~~~~~~~~Why is the FBI involved? Aren't murders usually handeled by local LE? :oops:

3 years ago, The FBI assisted in the Jessie Davis murder investigation here.
I think it may have to do with processing evidence. And if a local department wants guidance on what needs to be done, they can ask the FBI to help them.

I haven't posted much but have been reading all day. I hope they find something definitive soon. I'll check in later tonight and see what you all have come up with. Heading to my son's football game.

I hope this doesn't violate the prohibtion against talking about London Dude (since I'm not speculating as to his person, etc), but I saw this discussed on another news forum. How do we know "London" means the UK? Was this ever stated by anyone?
Here are some "London's" in the USA:

London, OH
London, TX
London, AR
London, MO
London, Uninc Conecuh County, AL
London, Uninc Shelby County, IN
London, Deerfield, WI
London, Uninc Tulare County, CA
London, MI
New London, NC

Good point, but he couldn't do his job anywhere else other than London UK, if he is still employed at the same place, if not employed there any longer then I agree with you, he could be based anywhere.

Good point, but he couldn't do his job anywhere else other than London UK, if he is still employed at the same place, if not employed there any longer then I agree with you, he could be based anywhere.

ohhhhh....I wish I knew what you seem to know!!

Well..... they did spend days at the wood chipper/mulch pile which turned up nothing. They then drained a pond. Both those were costly operations that essentially turned up nothing and were based on "leads". They ALSO spent days sifting through a landfill and MAYBE found a mattress at this point.

I honestly think they are hunting for ANYTHING that will point to what happened to Zahra .... and I honestly don't think they are finding much. If they had CONCLUSIVE reason to believe that EB or AB was involved I think we would have seen charges already. T

I wouldnt say they are not finding anything. Locals watched them pick up stuff and put it in evidence bags. I dont think they would be tearing rental property apart without reason. I didnt see them do that in Caylee's case or Haleighs case. I dont believe we saw them do this for the mass murder of 8 people beat to death in georgia. I believe they have all those sealed search warrents for a reason and they wont say until after the GJ mets on monday.
No way would they do that in wild hopes of finding a stray clue. Sometimes in some cases we wish they would.

Just on WSOC TV, they reported that today LE said they DID find what they were looking for but they will not elaborate. They then headed back to Caldwell county.
it rather seems that they have put a lot of the pieces of the puzzle together..

Thanks for the update homey.

Was he the one, along with several male family members, accused to molesting and killing a number of children? If so, that's exactly what I thought of with all the heavy equiptment at Baker home and landfill.

No he was the Vancouver Canada pig farmer who killed dozens of women over years and fed them to his pigs..

(LE refused to look for these woman when they were reported missing because most were hookers and drug addicts- they wouldn't even admit there was a serial killer at all for years)

Sarx has the links and has posted them .... (ohh 500 times? LOL) ...I am horrible at finding links once I have them. But LE stated it was a "false lead". They HAVE ruled it out.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

I wouldnt say they are not finding anything. Locals watched them pick up stuff and put it in evidence bags. I dont think they would be tearing rental property apart without reason. I didnt see them do that in Caylee's case or Haleighs case. I dont believe we saw them do this for the mass murder of 8 people beat to death in georgia. I believe they have all those sealed search warrents for a reason and they wont say until after the GJ mets on monday.
No way would they do that in wild hopes of finding a stray clue. Sometimes in some cases we wish they would.

They may just be taking anything that COULD be of interest. Though I did just see a link that says they found what they were looking for ... but who knows what that was ??? :banghead:

QUOTE=bellyup;5744002]i have to post this again because i'm nearly certain it's the case...
the first dogs on the scene were local dogs IIRC. These are the dogs that were reported to "hit" on human remains.

LE ruled the hits on the woodchipper out (I know sarx has specific links that state this handy ;)

LE then states in MSM they are bringing in new dogs.

One of our on the scene people last night spoke with one of the Hickory police about the dogs. He told her that they DO NOT HAVE HRD dogs. They only have police dogs (which are typically trained in apprehension, protection and maybe blood detection) and have to rely on outside sources for HRD dogs. This is VERY common. Most local LE doesn't have HRD dogs (maybe some major metro areas).

That said it is logical IMO to assume that some media or LE incorrectly stated that the original dogs on the scene "hit" for human remains when really the dog probably alerted to the presence of blood.[/QUOTE]

You are speaking of SherlockHomey - and according to her above post #415, she isn't as convinced as you

Investigators scaled back a search at the Hickory house where missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker lived.

At the same time, the search resumed in Caldwell County along Christie Road, where what is believed to be the child's prosthetic leg was found late Tuesday. The search was expanded from the area the leg was found to include both sides of the pavement along the two and a half mile road.

Two teams with investigators and cadaver dogs walked along the highway. "They weren't cutting back brush, just walking and looking," said Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones.

Back at the house in Hickory, investigators were gone by lunchtime, but an SBI investigations truck was parked in the driveway, crime scene tape was still up around the property, and two Hickory Police cars with officers inside could be seen.

One guarded the front of the property, the other, the back. Officials acknowledged it was a sign that they are not finished looking at the house and the property just yet.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

nothing in this article indicates to me that the search is being scaled back in the slightest!

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues

(sending this to myself in PM so I can be one of the many to post it over and over.... LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne