NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry and I do not want to post incorrect information. Can someone please answer my question. Would they take down the crime scene tape if they were not finished???

May just mean they are done outside in the yard. They could have put locks on the doors and windows to keep people out of the house????JMO

I made this post yesterday regarding the refrigerator. I am not inclined to jump to any conclusions regarding the dismantling of the refrigerator, based on my knowledge of this North Carolina law (I am pretty sure it is statewide--I do know it is regulated in several North Carolina counties where I have previously lived).

ty button not enough. Also it is sometimes necesary to remove the doors just to get the darn thing our the front door (been there done it, not fun).

ITA it is the code in many places that fridges have doors removed when being removed to the outside for any length of time.

Do we know if it got taken outside? Because if it did, that would be a sense of relief.

I don't know, teh. I have been responding to the comments made about the refrigerator being dismantled. I have yet to see anything "official" about it being dismantled, nor have I seen any photos of it sitting outside. This does not mean that there is not an article, or that photos don't exist--I simply have not seen them.

ty button not enough. Also it is sometimes necesary to remove the doors just to get the darn thing our the front door (been there done it, not fun).

ITA it is the code in many places that fridges have doors removed when being removed to the outside for any length of time.

I do NOT think the doors were removed so they could dispose of the fridge. JMO

I don't know, teh. I have been responding to the comments made about the refrigerator being dismantled. I have yet to see anything "official" about it being dismantled, nor have I seen any photos of it sitting outside. This does not mean that there is not an article, or that photos don't exist--I simply have not seen them.

Thanks Cleo, we all need to start keeping an eye out for it in the pics! Like I said that would be a sense of relief in it's self.

anyone have photos, footage or details on the fridge being dismantled? In what way was it dismantled? It would almost need to have been removed from the home I think for reporters to know about it? I can't imagine any being allowed in the home during the search so their facts would need to come from what was observed from the same vantage points as our locals, yes?

Zahra was not rendered totally deaf by her treatments. She had high-frequency hearing loss, where letters like "f" or "s" don't come through. The aids would have helped clarify these frequencies so that she could hear all of what someone was saying to her. (Yes I can find a link, it is one or more of the earlier MSM stories and some of our WSers who have family with auditory differences were very kind about sharing what they knew...

I do NOT think the doors were removed so they could dispose of the fridge. JMO

no comment on the possibility that they were removed in order to get the thing out of the house?

ETA for clarity, I not beleive so either, I believe they wanted the fridge out of their way and it was necessary to remove doors. MOO and all that jazz

I do know that is was not taped up and when I rode by one day, there was a man in the driveway picking up something. So I think it would be safe to say, it was unguarded.

Thank you. I thought I remembered that you had posted that info.

I haven't seen anything posted MSM about this. I relayed this information as second hand a couple of days ago. This is what the CNN technician told me while we were chatting at the scene. No way can I confirm that. I will look through my photos again to see if I see a fridge.

There is no way LE is going to put anything from that house outside! NO WAY!
I think they will release the house back to ab's boss or to ab if hes not arrested first and let them do what they want with it. JMO

anyone have photos, footage or details on the fridge being dismantled? In what way was it dismantled? It would almost need to have been removed from the home I think for reporters to know about it? I can't imagine any being allowed in the home during the search so their facts would need to come from what was observed from the same vantage points as our locals, yes?

That came from one of our locals who spoke with I think CNN crew who reported that they brought the fridge out and "dismantled" it. Punk? Was that you, or Super Hubble? (ETA: Thank you Sherlock!)

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25597830/index.html

If this reporter, reported factually they did get evidence in the house and outside the house. The gathering of LE outside the house this morning was to discuss what the plan was for the house and the next step. My guess is they agreed that the floor, wall, ceiling or whatever they needed the saws for was to come out just in case. I'm thinking a heck of a lot of footprints in Zahar's room and Kitchen and they wanted to preserve them.

Periodically, an investigator would come out with a bag. Investigators and Hickory firefighters resumed their scouring of the house, focusing on Zahra’s room in the right rear of the house. Dull thudding noises came from the room, strong enough to rattle the windows. Noises from power tools then ensued. Another investigator entered the house with a lump hammer.
About 10 minutes later, the SBI and Hickory police investigators emerged, clutching a section of drywall from the room about 4 feet across, splotched pink on one side and gray on the other. They also brought out other evidence, concealed in brown paper bags larger than their torsos.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...-return-baker-house-seize-evidence-ar-502595/
On Monday, investigators had the Hickory Fire Department aid their search, using tools that included a chainsaw, axe, wrenches and two types of Halligan bars.

Have we ever determined if the Baker house sat unguarded for some days between searches?

Good question. This will come into play when this goes to trial. JMHO.

I have no idea, but I would hope so. Even if eyewitnesses did not directly see LE, doesn't mean that the property was left unguarded. JMHO.

OK, we do know they took what we think is a car tarp into evidence as well. Theories on this?

Felony Obstruction of Justice is common law in NC and is a bailable offense. I have no idea where the money would come, from but everything EB has been charged with is bailable and she could get out with a bailbondsman.

What do most of you think happened to Zahra? I really don't know what to think after all of this.

I believe EB murdered Zahara. I don't know that AB helped with the murder, but I believe he is involved in some manner.

I do not think that EB or AB are going to talk. They have no incentive to and I'm positive EB's attorney at this time has told her not to talk at all.

Although a murder case can be tried in NC without a body I certainly hope they have some overwhelming evidence. I do know that NC doesn't take kindly to prosecuting a murder case without a body, but it is done with overwhelming circumstantial and DNA evidence.

MOO

What do most of you think happened to Zahra? I really don't know what to think after all of this.

Given that the one thing missing in this whole case is Zahra, and they have continued to rake though mulch, I think it's obvious.. They have found enough of Zahra to bring about a case... I have a good theory but am not ready to put in print... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow