NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought...like crematorium or maybe an incinerator @ high heat..but in a regular fire, it wouldn't hardly do anything, right?

My first post, I hope I am doing this correctly.
When we had my father cremated 20+ years ago, we had many questions for the funeral director, one being about the bones. It was explained to us that all was burned that could be and the remaining bones that would not burn would be crushed and mixed in with the cremains. Yes, I looked at the cremains, a lot of grayish-black ash with a lot of little white pieces obviously un-burned bone pieces. I hope this helps.

Agree entirely, and perhaps this is the SAR perspective- but since this is a discussion board and we can discuss as we see fit within TOS- I am going to make a point from a SAR perspective. We want to FIND THIS CHILD. I realize we ALL want to find this child, but do ya'll realize how much more productive it would be to discuss and investigate Zahra's case (or any MP's case for that matter) with focus on actually finding this child? Is that not the point of this forum? Zahra, and where she is? We will know a whole lot more once we find her. So perhaps a bit more discussion on where she might be would be helpful. JMO, of course.
Freedom of speech is fine and ya'll can talk about whatever you like- I sure as heck can stomach it- but there are LEO's, SAR, crime scene investigators, and a lot of other investigative bodies on the ground working like crazy to find this child. Any help in that specific department I think would be greatly appreciated by them all.

I think they have found her.
They have known she was deceased from the beginning.
Everything from that point forward is about the criminal investigation and convictions.

My port is still there,as the Dr says the cancer will reoccure.. I'd think hers is still there. Mine can't be seen.

Mine can't be seen either, but they are usually easier to see in kids especially thinner ones. I just know they frequently remove them earlier in kids (once they're in remission for awhile) because when kids grow they tend to get 'encapsulated' and then they're tougher to get out, scar tissue etc. Just my experience with kids though. I'm no oncologist.

a bone belonging to Zahra would blow the case open and maybe he knew this information before it was released to the public ?? what time did they start the search this morning

Oh, it has nothing to do with being able to stomach it, I just don't find it all that productive. To date she is still on NCMEC and that means she is still missing. To me that means I want to keep scouring and collecting as much information as I can to find her. To me, everytime it turns this way, that search comes to a grinding stop and precious time is lost. That's what I was trying to say.

We have a mix of folks on WS ... which is a good thing.

Those who are researchers, engineers or, scientists are more used to collecting the data and not making any assumptions until all or most of the data is in.

There are others who are more used to rapid deployments such as prototyping or proof of concept ... an iterative process where you get something going, run with it and, evolve it.

There are all sorts of extremes from very conservative to way out there speculative and that is what makes WS refreshing.

If ever Zahra became a Featured Case Discussion it would have its own Forum with structured threads and then we could organize info better. We typically have General Theory threads, News threads, Topical threads, etc.

We are not there yet, Kyron just made the big time into a Forum ... so it feels more chaotic and un-productive since the thread is fast moving and covers everything.

Hopefully we won't need a Forum for Zahra and she will be brought home soon to be laid to rest in peace, love and, respect. We are all guilty of one thing ... we are her for Zahra. Lets bring her home.

When we had my father cremated 20+ years ago, we had many questions for the funeral director, one being about the bones. It was explained to us that all was burned that could be and the remaining bones that would not burn would be crushed and mixed in with the cremains. Yes, I looked at the cremains, a lot of grayish-black ash with a lot of little white pieces obviously un-burned bone pieces. I hope this helps.

Welcome to WS!!!

Mine can't be seen either, but they are usually easier to see in kids especially thinner ones. I just know they frequently remove them earlier in kids (once they're in remission for awhile) because when kids grow they tend to get 'encapsulated' and then they're tougher to get out, scar tissue etc. Just my experience with kids though. I'm no oncologist.

tyvm Oriah, very usefull info for us to have. So there may or may not be a port still insterted, but probably not if it has been a while since it was needed as it the body could surround it with scarlike tissue over time and with growth.

`snipped`

Deal said investigators are not necessarily finished with the area.

"We are going back until we're satisfied we've recovered everything," he said.

The sheriff’s office blocked off Christie Road while it was conducting its search. After the bone was discovered, that changed the nature of the investigation along the roadway, said B.J. Fore, public information officer for the sheriff’s office.

“It’s a crime scene now,” he said.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/03/11/bone-recovered-zahra-baker-case-ar-508596/
From the link -

"Deal would not comment on what part of the body the bone appears to be from."

So it appears they know it's human and not animal? :waitasec: MOO

Hi folks,
Don't post much but am following along with the rest of you. Just wanted to ask if this the "J" from the JBR case years ago. I could swear she lived in Hickory. Maybe HER ?????

Lera, I was just jumping off your post :)

I KNEW that 'nic' sounded familiar! This person looks to have just joined IS..but from what I remember the J poster in the JBR case was an odd duck..(no offense WhyaDuck, lol!) Tricia would probably know that J's posting style, I bet..

may not be connected at all, but as soon as I saw the nic and read the posts, I was like..hmm..

eta~Very curious if there is the Hickory connection!

My port is still there,as the Dr says the cancer will reoccure.. I'd think hers is still there. Mine can't be seen.

My mom still has hers also and it can't be seen. I forget it is there until she mentions it is time for a flush.

tlcox, thank you for your astute observation on skimming past posts that you find upsetting or incorrect or overly speculative for a case. Very difficult to do with certain cases that are close to home (for whatever reason.)

I think I'm taking your advice and backing out of this one. Good luck with the discussion, folks. I hope tomorrow is the day Zahra is found and LE informs us of that.

:Welcome-12-june: Jamaicanmefrooti...Hope you enjoy being a part of our family...I love your name also.

If Zahra's remains were disposed of in some way in the area near where the prosthetic was found, I would imagine that the person who dumped it there would have knowledge that also in the same general vacinity it is common for hunters to dispose of deer corpses.

Anyone else find that a coincidence? Someone who lived in the area, hunted or had been around hunters in the area enough to know would find that a good location to dispose of a body. MOO

ETA also MOO I haven't hunted since I was a child with my father and uncles but an area that was commonly used to dispose of deer carcases would also be a popular area for scavengers to frequent. For one planning to dispose of human remains they did not want found, it might seem like a very clever place to do just that.

I am still very hopeful that she started out whole there and over time, nature, the elements, native life, etc has dispersed them.

I sincerely think this might finally be it. If the bone is human, I think it is likely we will find our lil gal.

It does!..and welcome to WS! I had a neighbor many years ago that was a funeral home director and thought I remembered him saying something like that..He always made me curious because while I guess one would get used to that type of job..I know his wife would bring his dinner and he would eat while he was *working*..:eek:..always kinda freaked me out thinking about that..

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25609778/index.html

----video of him leaving the house, with mum,brother...

...neighbours taunt----

If my brother, or any family member for that matter, was clearly suspected in a murder and especially that of a child, I would not - I repeat - I would not be standing up for them. I would not block the cameraman. I don't understand it! This is about their defenseless niece/granddaughter. Makes me sick.

a bone belonging to Zahra would blow the case open and maybe he knew this information before it was released to the public ?? what time did they start the search this morning

Exactly! How did this person know this? He or she only has less than 40 posts so it doesn't take much time to read them.

He/she also knows the color of Zahra's bedroom! (Hot pink btw)
+ many other things. At times he/she kinda steps back as though they are just a bystander but then at other times he/she gives way to much detailed info. :waitasec:

Who is this person? One member who is also a local and has been to the house called him/her out as being a member of LE.

Zarah was here 2 years,right? When did she have lung cancer? What I'm getting at,she should have had it removed,but she got no medical care.. So mabe the port(if she had one) was found..

NG on now here. Zahra is the subject of tonight's show.

Hubby made me step away from the computer for a while and get a bit more composed before returning. I thought I was.....but just don't think I'm gonna be able to stay tonight. I'm sure I'll have a bunch to catch up on in the morning.
Zahra - Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart my love

Are my eyes deceiving me or has Zahra's hair been color chunked in this photo? Who color chunks a ten year old child's hair?

Oh wait... the reason is right behind her.

I always thought that was weird too but never said anything because no one else did so I thought maybe I was weird. I don't have any kids so don't really know what's what with that stuff :crazy:

ETA In thinking I bet one of evil stepmom's daughter's did this as a kind of bonding thing. I could see BS (is that the right one? The one that had Zahra over a lot?) telling Zahra they're going to have a girls weekend and do fun stuff like that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3