NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths Nosee_Parker. It's great to see some more Aussies on the board :)

Thanks for the welcome darnudes.

I really wish the bio Mum would speak on behalf of her daughter - to me, that would be the right (and respectful) thing to do.

Why would an adult target a child? Why would an adult target a child with a disability? How on earth do people arrive at such a stage in their lives. No words.

It is my sincerest hope that Zahra comes back to rest in Australia where the fondest memories of her life are cemented. Nothing against America, but clearly this was not a smart move on behalf of her Father. Shame on him for relocating his child to another country in the arms of a monster.

Hello everyone, this is my first posting here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been following this story as closely as possible and can only say that this little girl has touched me as deeply as no other has in a long time. I was hoping for such a better outcome for this angel.
I have had a bit of trouble keeping up with the threads/postings, so if I ask a question that has already been asked and answered, please forgive me.
Thanks for all the hard work for keeping us informed here.

I know exactly what you mean. It's extremely hard to get your head around.

Someone mentioned earlier about Zahra being in the same top throughout a number of photo's - I was equally puzzled by the creative work on her hair. In the picture of Zahra receiving her hearing aid's, she has yellow 'skunk stripes' in her hair, in others she has rather radical 'choppy' do's. She seems a little young for 'out there' hair styling. Perhaps I'm conservative, it just seems awfully young to be primping a youngster.

Anyway, the same top and the hair styling is attached to the myriad of other red flags in this story.

God take care of Zahra :angel:

In regards to her hair, I haven't put too much weight on it because maybe she had lost hair due to cancer treatments and the very short haircuts were a result of her hair growing back. I know that if my daughter had lost all her hair and letting her have a "skunk stripe" in her hair would boost her mood/confidence/attitude, I'd probably let her have it! Keep in mind, this is coming from a mom who has both her kids in an extremely conservative Christian school (uniforms required!), so a "skunk stripe" would not be in my normal acceptance range! Point is, I've given a bit of leeway on Zahra's haircuts and styles due to her illnesses and treatments.

The shirt, that's another story...

Has anyone else noticed that she appears to be wearing the same black top with pink and silver on it in a lot of the photos?

I understand kids have their favourite clothes but there doesn't seem much change in her wardrobe.

The poor kid. The same question comes to my lips with many of these childrens cases - Why didn't those who knew what was happening say something?

*sigh*

I noticed. Shes even wearing it in the halloween "costume".

In regards to her hair, I haven't put too much weight on it because maybe she had lost hair due to cancer treatments and the very short haircuts were a result of her hair growing back. I know that if my daughter had lost all her hair and letting her have a "skunk stripe" in her hair would boost her mood/confidence/attitude, I'd probably let her have it! Keep in mind, this is coming from a mom who has both her kids in an extremely conservative Christian school (uniforms required!), so a "skunk stripe" would not be in my normal acceptance range! Point is, I've given a bit of leeway on Zahra's haircuts and styles due to her illnesses and treatments.

The shirt, that's another story...

I considered the implications of chemotherapy/radiotherapy treatment too beachygirl but, my understanding is it was some time ago she was considered in remission. From the news stories, Zahra's cancer was while she was in Australia (so about two years ago) ... I could be wrong however. For me, chemicals on her hair - regardless of how long ago her treatment was - would be a little bit harsh on rejuvenating hair follicles. Anyway, I probably raised a rather irrelevant point, it was just another thing I've more than likely over-analysed given the history that's dripping through the media at the moment.

Poor darling. I hope the SM is having a long, hard think about her actions right now.

I considered the implications of chemotherapy/radiotherapy treatment too beachygirl but, my understanding is it was some time ago she was considered in remission. From the news stories, Zahra's cancer was while she was in Australia (so about two years ago) ... I could be wrong however. For me, chemicals on her hair - regardless of how long ago her treatment was - would be a little bit harsh on rejuvenating hair follicles. Anyway, I probably raised a rather irrelevant point, it was just another thing I've more than likely over-analysed given the history that's dripping through the media at the moment.

Poor darling. I hope the SM is having a long, hard think about her actions right now.

I was hoping SM is getting prepped for a court appearance right about now, but cannot find her on the docket anywhere! I know she's got to be there though.

I am so disturbed by this story right now that I've had to step away a couple of times. Zahra is with the angels and and in Peace.

This story has brought lots of newbies to this forum. Under the circumstances it sucks but I hope ya'll still around after this one is closed. Welcome and I look forward to reading more of your posts. :newbie:

:Welcome-12-june:

I am so disturbed by this story right now that I've had to step away a couple of times. Zahra is with the angels and and in Peace.

This story has brought lots of newbies to this forum. Under the circumstances it sucks but I hope ya'll still around after this one is closed. Welcome and I look forward to reading more of your posts. :newbie:

Know how you feel, tk71texas. Had to time myself out a couple of times.

Welcome new folks! Hate that we meet under such horrible circumstances. Look forward to hearing from you more.

Nosee, Acer, Max'sMom, Bev, and all our other newcomers -- we're so glad you joined us! :grouphug:

:seeya::Welcome-12-june::seeya:

Thanks so much for the welcome, I will be sure to stick around. Unfortunately cases like Zahra (and Kiesha) will not be the last.

Here's a link to another Australian article. The ABC are considered the most credible of all news sources here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/13/3036787.htm

kcsmom, thank you for your beautiful, heartfelt post. I love your sweet spirit! :rose: :hug: :rose:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wo...girl-zahra-baker/story-e6frf7lf-1225938351849

This is my first post on this wonderful site. I have been reading for a while and you all amaze me and have my respect for what you all do to help the missing. I was reading the article above and something caught me eye as strange. For the last couple of days the police have said no one outside of the house has seen Zahra for the last month, but yet they say the dad is not a suspect???? If they think she has been missing that long, how did dad not notice??? A little suspicious to me....

I dont know if this has been mentioned...this post is moving so fast. I have try to keep up in between work. Sorry if it has.

Max's mom

I think they are keeping Adam on a tight leash they obviously want him to give up the location of Zahra or else they would have slung his hide into jail along side the step mother, it seems they are letting his warrants slide for now.

Hello everyone, this is my first posting here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been following this story as closely as possible and can only say that this little girl has touched me as deeply as no other has in a long time. I was hoping for such a better outcome for this angel.
I have had a bit of trouble keeping up with the threads/postings, so if I ask a question that has already been asked and answered, please forgive me.
Thanks for all the hard work for keeping us informed here.

bevichan

Ask away! Someone will always fill you in.

OT: just watching a live feed of the next miner coming up Alex Vega Salazar. At least something good happened today.

I'm overwhelmed by the beautiful heartfelt messages written here for Zahra. The sadness and fear of what happened to this precious child is unbearable, but within the heartbreak I see a lot of strength and courage as well. It comes from a place deep within the human heart, and is the same strength and courage Zahra found within herself to weather serious illness and cope with limitations. She will continue to inspire many for a long time to come.

Max's mom

I think they are keeping Adam on a tight leash they obviously want him to give up the location of Zahra or else they would have slung his hide into jail along side the step mother, it seems they are letting his warrants slide for now.

I noticed in a couple of articles on local sites last night that the sheriff of Burke County (where they were searching) said that the father wasn't being "cooperative" or "sincere" in assisting them. If he doesn't help turn up something significant very soon, I look for his behind to be thrown in the pokey forthwith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow