Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wlos.com//news/features/...emains-recovered-owens-wood-stove-20190.shtml

Maybe if he admitted to killing these people and knows he’s done for he will break down and admit to being involved with Zebb’s disappearance. Or maybe he’s told his wife about Zebb and she’ll spill the beans. Zebb’s mom is such a nice woman and she deserves the truth.

From your link:

Buncombe County Sheriff Van Duncan said this is the same Robert Jason Owens as the one who was originally a person of interest in the Zebb Quinn case but will not comment on that case. He mentioned it is an Asheville Police Department case. However, Sgt. Dave Romick says this is a big event for the Quinn case.

BBM. I don't think the Sgt. would just say something like that if something new did not come up in Zebb's case during the recent events. I can't wait to hear more, it's just so sad that all this had to happen at the expense of the lives of another family.

I remember the first time I saw Zebb's disappeared episode. I was totally in shock when the episode finished and I learned that no arrests were ever made in his case. I just sat there frustrated thinking WTF?! How was this not solved?? It really bothered me and I can't remember being that upset over a case before. So glad we might see some justice for Zebb finally.

Hi everyone - I've been following this case for a while, too (absolutely heartbreaking all around) and there's a new comprehensive update over on Reddit's Unresolved Mysteries (/r/UnresolvedMysteries/) you may be interested in, titled "Zebb Quinn Update Pt. 3.

(I guess posting links to Reddit isn't allowed?)

From your link:

BBM. I don't think the Sgt. would just say something like that if something new did not come up in Zebb's case during the recent events. I can't wait to hear more, it's just so sad that all this had to happen at the expense of the lives of another family.

I remember the first time I saw Zebb's disappeared episode. I was totally in shock when the episode finished and I learned that no arrests were ever made in his case. I just sat there frustrated thinking WTF?! How was this not solved?? It really bothered me and I can't remember being that upset over a case before. So glad we might see some justice for Zebb finally.

Good eye, I read the article so fast I didn't even see that!!

Please give him a fair and speedy trial, and a slow and painful death.. I'm embarrassed for our human race on occasions like this

I'm a little foggy this morning, but am I getting this straight? Did a mobile home with human remains on Owens' property burn to the ground after he was in jail?

I'm a little foggy this morning, but am I getting this straight? Did a mobile home with human remains on Owens' property burn to the ground after he was in jail?

The reporting on that specific question has been really unclear. What is clear is that a home on Owens' property burned down on 3/20/2015. Owens was (and still is) in jail at that time. Whether the remains were found and removed before or after the fire is what I'm most unclear on. Hoping that future news stories will clarify this.

The reporting on that specific question has been really unclear. What is clear is that a home on Owens' property burned down on 3/20/2015. Owens was (and still is) in jail at that time. Whether the remains were found and removed before or after the fire is what I'm most unclear on. Hoping that future news stories will clarify this.

Yes you are correct . The structure that burned on the Owens property . Was in fact a mobile home and was actually the childhood home of Jason Robert Owens .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone above had asked if the Zebb Quinn full episode of "Disappeared" was available online...

Here it is on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky9uI67nUm4
(though it appears to be an hour long, the episode is actually 30 minutes and plays twice).

I have a few questions after watching this episode.

Perhaps someone here who's been sleuthing this case longer than I have already knows these answers:

1 – In the re-enactment, Zebb's car is depicted as having the plastic headlight casing busted out after [supposedly] rear-ending Jason Owens's car. --> Were any pieces of this broken plastic or reflectors found on the side of the road in the area described by Owens?

2 – Jason Owens claims Zebb left to return a page at a payphone... if he was back in 15 minutes, I'd take that to mean the payphone was within about 7 minutes driving distance (just for example's sake). --> Were Zebb's fingerprints found on any payphone? And did call records from any payphone show any attempted calls going out to his Aunt Ina's #?

Someone above had asked if the Zebb Quinn full episode of "Disappeared" was available online...

Here it is on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky9uI67nUm4
(though it appears to be an hour long, the episode is actually 30 minutes and plays twice).

I have a few questions after watching this episode.

Perhaps someone here who's been sleuthing this case longer than I have already knows these answers:

1 – In the re-enactment, Zebb's car is depicted as having the plastic headlight casing busted out after [supposedly] rear-ending Jason Owens's car. --> Were any pieces of this broken plastic or reflectors found on the side of the road in the area described by Owens?

2 – Jason Owens claims Zebb left to return a page at a payphone... if he was back in 15 minutes, I'd take that to mean the payphone was within about 7 minutes driving distance (just for example's sake). --> Were Zebb's fingerprints found on any payphone? And did call records from any payphone show any attempted calls going out to his Aunt Ina's #?

Good questions. Another one...did misty, her mom, or the aunt ever admit they made the call or did they stand by someone broke in to use the phone story?

Good questions. Another one...did misty, her mom, or the aunt ever admit they made the call or did they stand by someone broke in to use the phone story?

From what I've read, nobody was at Ina's house at the time the page was made &#8211; unless I have misinterpreted something &#8211; I think the aunt Ina was actually having dinner at Misty's mom's house with: Misty's mom, Misty, and Misty's boyfriend (Misty's mom and Ina were discussing opening a restaurant together). Ina initially did not say anything about her house being broken into, then [supposedly] said she thought her house must have been broken into b/c she was not there at time of the page and some picture frames had been moved around [this could have been an offhand comment and not any declaration of fact], then later denied having said her house was broken into. Ina later moved out of state. Personally, I do not think there is any actual Ina connection to Zebb's disappearance other than [my personal theory] that Jason Owens and his [suspected yet unknown] accomplice took advantage of knowing that Ina was his aunt and that she would not be home that night b/c she so happened to have dinner plans that night, and these bits of info would likely be something that someone nice and trusting like Zebb would share w/ his "friend" Jason Owens in regard to the girl he was interested in. <--again, this is all my speculation.

As far as whether it's suspicious that Ina later moved out of state: If I were Ina and had nothing to do w/ Zebb's disappearance, and a page had come from my home while I was not there and I could not explain it other than 'maybe somebody broke in?' without really being able to say that w/ certainty, I think I would move out of state too since I would not feel safe in my home, as there would be no way of knowing if the person who sent page from her house would be able to gain entry without leaving visible signs of breaking in again.

It seems clear to me that the weird "clues" left in Zebb's car (a puppy, lipstick on windshield, hotel key card, etc) were all just diversions, so perhaps logic follows that sending a page from his aunt's house was also part of the diversions / creating more suspects / Owens taking advantage of knowing what Zebb had shared about the girl and her boyfriend?

So, someone other than Owens burned down the trailer with more possible evidence of who-knows-what inside. Interesting, to say the least.

I watched the episode of Disappeared tonight. I had not read about JO working at Wal-Mart too. I realize at the time the Volvo plant JO worked at was in that area as well (Arden, fletcher, Skyland). I just think it's odd that JO would work at that Wal-Mart. I know at that time the Wal-Mart off tunnel rd wasn't there and the one in fletcher wasn't there-so in 2000 remind me was that the closest Wal-Mart in asheville?

I watched the episode of Disappeared tonight. I had not read about JO working at Wal-Mart too. I realize at the time the Volvo plant JO worked at was in that area as well (Arden, fletcher, Skyland). I just think it's odd that JO would work at that Wal-Mart. I know at that time the Wal-Mart off tunnel rd wasn't there and the one in fletcher wasn't there-so in 2000 remind me was that the closest Wal-Mart in asheville?

I think it was the Hendersonville Rd Walmart

Didn't see this posted:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/Mother-of-missing-18-year-old-addresses-deaths-of-couple/31870606

Mother of missing 18-year-old addresses deaths of couple

Zebb Quinn&#8217;s mother, Denise Vlahakis, released a statement Wednesday, saying, &#8220;Like everyone else in the community, our family is horrified by what has happened.

"Our hearts go out to the families of the Codd couple.

"The fact that Jason Owens has been charged with their murders surprises us, yet it doesn&#8217;t. Jason was, and still is, a person of interest in the disappearance of my son, Zebb Quinn, on Jan 2, 2000.

&#8220;We feel Jason&#8217;s criminal record speaks for itself. We want to remind everyone that Jason&#8217;s arrest has nothing to do with Zebb&#8217;s case, and that as of now, there is no new information concerning Zebb that we are aware of. We are hopeful that if anyone has any information concerning Zebb&#8217;s whereabouts and/or disappearance, they will now come forward.

&#8220;All information will be treated confidentially. There is currently a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to Zebb&#8217;s location.

&#8220;We would like to ask the public to please not overshadow this couples heartbreaking investigation with statements, posts, and questions about Zebb. &#8230; We acknowledge and appreciate the abundant support we have always received from our friends and community and trust you will all give the Codd/Schoen families the same gift.

more at the link

Didn't see this posted:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/Mother-of-missing-18-year-old-addresses-deaths-of-couple/31870606

Mother of missing 18-year-old addresses deaths of couple

Zebb Quinn&#8217;s mother, Denise Vlahakis, released a statement Wednesday, saying, &#8220;Like everyone else in the community, our family is horrified by what has happened.

"Our hearts go out to the families of the Codd couple.

"The fact that Jason Owens has been charged with their murders surprises us, yet it doesn&#8217;t. Jason was, and still is, a person of interest in the disappearance of my son, Zebb Quinn, on Jan 2, 2000.

&#8220;We feel Jason&#8217;s criminal record speaks for itself. We want to remind everyone that Jason&#8217;s arrest has nothing to do with Zebb&#8217;s case, and that as of now, there is no new information concerning Zebb that we are aware of. We are hopeful that if anyone has any information concerning Zebb&#8217;s whereabouts and/or disappearance, they will now come forward.

&#8220;All information will be treated confidentially. There is currently a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to Zebb&#8217;s location.

&#8220;We would like to ask the public to please not overshadow this couples heartbreaking investigation with statements, posts, and questions about Zebb. &#8230; We acknowledge and appreciate the abundant support we have always received from our friends and community and trust you will all give the Codd/Schoen families the same gift.

more at the link

BBM

What a kind and gracious message. The Quinn seem like a wonderful family.

Also someone mentioned Facebook . Social networks often provide a number of clues in cases like this . I have been dedicating a lot of time to solve this case . While digging through Facebook I came across the profile of Jason Owens . It was private and didn't offer much info . However when I looked at his wife's page . I was shocked too see pictures of a lab puppy similar to the one left in Zebb's car 15 years ago . Now I realize these were not pics of the exact puppy left in the car . I still find it very interesting .

Ready for this? I looked at the wife's photo album you mentioned, and the lookalike dog's name is "Mistie."
[edit] I just rewatched "Disappeared," and the dog they show is a black lab, not a golden like the one on the FB page. I haven't dug around for actual photos of the original dog, so there may be no real correlation there. I did want to edit my post right away, since they may not be lookalikes. However, I still find the new dog's name interesting. If I were in the Owens' shoes, I wouldn't name a dog Mistie, whether I was guilty or innocent.

The real scary thing here is a person or group of people . Seem to be working together with JO . His child hood home burning is just to convenient. Given that fire is also his preferred and admitted way of destroying remains /evidence .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back