ND - Four RJR Maintenance & Management Employees Murdered by Chad Isaak in Mandan - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Police: 'Several' bodies found at North Dakota business
MANDAN, N.D. -- Police responding to a medical call at a North Dakota property-management business on Monday found "several" bodies, authorities said.

The Mandan Police Department issued a three-sentence news release confirming that officers had found "several people who were deceased inside" the business in the city of about 22,000 just across the Missouri River west of Bismarck. Police did not say how many people were dead and did not immediately respond to requests for more details.

People with friends or loved ones who work at RJR Maintenance and Management gathered beyond a police line outside the property, anxious for news about those inside, as several hours passed without additional information.

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
The right person was convicted of this crime. No relation to ID college murders except a coincidental number of victims IMHO
The whole case was weird. Lots of loose ends. The fact they had to send the single drop of blood to 3 different labs to get a "cannot be ruled out" result is questionable. The victims and wounds seem very personable. The mistress x-husband had been arrested twice for peeking in windows and wanking it. The witness and the investigator both put the perp under 6 feet. Stabbing someone with a cheap folding fillet knife without cutting hands over 100 times wearing cheap maintenance gloves. Those knives are thin and prone to snapping. It didn't have a finger guard. Those orange fibers matched any orange synthetic fiber. So those pictures of the victims in blaze orange could have matched. The wife gives her SUV to an employee to go clean out and fill up with gas when all this is happening, specially when they were on their way out of town on a trip. The wife calls the mistress, demanding the engagement rings back. Why did they not get any video surveillance heading east from the sign place? Why is there no surveillance of the back door in the shop? There is a camera there. Why did it take months to collect shoe prints from everyone? The shoe print they found wasn't even a match. It was another "could not be excluded". Why did they not ever try and find the jogger who supposedly ran by him? If it's a regular jogger should be able to find him. Zero hard evidence. So many questions, so few answers. The shoe print is also questionable. Why was the back door never checked? Or the gun in the stolen truck. I think there is a possibility he could have something to do with it. More likely, he might have done the shooting, and a scorned woman did the stabbing to the heart and the slit throat of the best friend who never said a peep about a 15-year affair.

The right person was convicted of this crime. No relation to ID college murders except a coincidental number of victims IMHO
Clearly, the killer in Idaho is not Isaak but I think this case serves as a good indicator of how a cold-blooded killer can stab his victims 100 times for no reason/motive.

I've read some over-the-top theories about the Moscow murders when there's always the possibility that some deranged killer in Idaho had no reason to stab 4 students other than the perp simply likes the smell of blood.

Clearly, the killer in Idaho is not Isaak but I think this case serves as a good indicator of how a cold-blooded killer can stab his victims 100 times for no reason/motive.

I've read some over-the-top theories about the Moscow murders when there's always the possibility that some deranged killer in Idaho had no reason to stab 4 students other than the perp simply likes the smell of blood.
I find the no motive difficult. I've been trying to think of similar cases where people are just slaughtered and there is no motive or not even a connection. Robbery, sex, affairs, anger, religion, hired hit, money. Nothing in the RJR murders not even a hint of what it could be. Especially because of the viciousness of the attack, and each victims different wounds. Can you think of any cases where there is no motive or even a hint of one? The only person with a motive would have been the wife. The building was in the sister's name so in a divorce his side of the family would have maintained primary ownership of the company. Recently giving the engagement ring to the mistress.

CI did the murders, of that there is no doubt. There IS a motive, even if we don't know it. One primary victim, the rest were collateral damage. CI is a grudge collector. The previous managers were friends of his, and he was afraid of having to get rid of his dog. Also, he didn't come to an agreement with present management regarding doing odd jobs, like leaf blowing, etc that he did for the previous manager. To us it may seem like no big deal, but that isn't the kind of person CI was. IMO only.

The whole case was weird. Lots of loose ends. The fact they had to send the single drop of blood to 3 different labs to get a "cannot be ruled out" result is questionable. The victims and wounds seem very personable. The mistress x-husband had been arrested twice for peeking in windows and wanking it. The witness and the investigator both put the perp under 6 feet. Stabbing someone with a cheap folding fillet knife without cutting hands over 100 times wearing cheap maintenance gloves. Those knives are thin and prone to snapping. It didn't have a finger guard. Those orange fibers matched any orange synthetic fiber. So those pictures of the victims in blaze orange could have matched. The wife gives her SUV to an employee to go clean out and fill up with gas when all this is happening, specially when they were on their way out of town on a trip. The wife calls the mistress, demanding the engagement rings back. Why did they not get any video surveillance heading east from the sign place? Why is there no surveillance of the back door in the shop? There is a camera there. Why did it take months to collect shoe prints from everyone? The shoe print they found wasn't even a match. It was another "could not be excluded". Why did they not ever try and find the jogger who supposedly ran by him? If it's a regular jogger should be able to find him. Zero hard evidence. So many questions, so few answers. The shoe print is also questionable. Why was the back door never checked? Or the gun in the stolen truck. I think there is a possibility he could have something to do with it. More likely, he might have done the shooting, and a scorned woman did the stabbing to the heart and the slit throat of the best friend who never said a peep about a 15-year affair.
CI did the murders, of that there is no doubt. There IS a motive, even if we don't know it. One primary victim, the rest were collateral damage. CI is a grudge collector. The previous managers were friends of his, and he was afraid of having to get rid of his dog. Also, he didn't come to an agreement with present management regarding doing odd jobs, like leaf blowing, etc that he did for the previous manager. To us it may seem like no big deal, but that isn't the kind of person CI was. IMO only.
There was no issue with the dog. He sent in the paperwork and no further correspondence was done. The dog was fine no threat to losing the dog. That was covered on the trial. They connected once in person regarding plowing and shoveling. There was no issues. That was also covered in the trial. He had no contact other then logging in once a month to pay lot fees. They sent the paperwork for his puppy and he filled it out and sent it back. When they met the tenants is the only time they ever talked about the snow plowing and when CI got the business card. No other records of phone calls, e-mails or texts. As far as anyone knows he had never even been to the office. The dog was all rumor so was the snow plowing. All covered in the trial.

There was no issue with the dog. He sent in the paperwork and no further correspondence was done. The dog was fine no threat to losing the dog. That was covered on the trial. They connected once in person regarding plowing and shoveling. There was no issues. That was also covered in the trial. He had no contact other then logging in once a month to pay lot fees. They sent the paperwork for his puppy and he filled it out and sent it back. When they met the tenants is the only time they ever talked about the snow plowing and when CI got the business card. No other records of phone calls, e-mails or texts. As far as anyone knows he had never even been to the office. The dog was all rumor so was the snow plowing. All covered in the trial.
To YOU there were no issues with those things. But to what is known as a grudge collector, it could very well have been a huge deal. How do you explain CI changing his clothes? On camera taking that route to the McDOnald's where he parked his car? Wearing a face mask on a nice day? The route of his truck caught on so many cameras. with the telltale mud on it? I haven't read up on this case in awhile, but those points come to me off the top of my head.

To YOU there were no issues with those things. But to what is known as a grudge collector, it could very well have been a huge deal. How do you explain CI changing his clothes? On camera taking that route to the McDOnald's where he parked his car? Wearing a face mask on a nice day? The route of his truck caught on so many cameras. with the telltale mud on it? I haven't read up on this case in awhile, but those points come to me off the top of my head.
Wanted to say if my post comes off as snappy I don't mean it to. I like a good debt and hearing others opinions and theories.
To your points. It wasn't a nice day It was below freezing and we just had a recent snow. Wearing a baklava early morning in April is not uncommon. The mask they found in the drier is found at every gas station and store around here. The route is weird to me. Why even park at the Walmart if he stopped it out like they said he picked the worst possible one. Smart enough to avoid all the cameras at RJR not not smart enough to park 50 feet away and avoid all the cameras everywhere. If you haven't walked the route they said he took it is an odd route for someone who as they say methodically planned this crime. Also there is gaps in the timeliness with the route. Police didn't even get all the videos. The sharriff who called in his tip didn't even pull the video from the shareiff station or gas stations which could have given proof he drove through there. Which is the route he would have taken. They never got video from any business to the east of where the truck was left. So if the killer did go that way or more then 1 killer we will never know. Cops said well we knew it was him. They made the evidence fit. Which is not what there suppose to do. That was 4 days after the murder. They got the video from McDonald's and took off with that. Everything else was dismissed. There is zero proof of changing clothing. There is no video of it, no DNA on clothing at his home, zero proof. That is only the theory. Mc Donald's worker said he had something under his sweater. For all I know it was a pound of drugs he runs a few times a week. I'm not saying he wasent evolved. I don't think he was the only perp. There was to much wrong with the case. They got the cops for saying it smelled like bleach in the laundry room. That turned out to be a lie. Bleach smell only came from the bathroom. That was gone over in the trial. Those clothing, jogging clothing. Sharriff said he jogged all the time. Because of the short days here lots of runners wear blaze orange or yellow. The knife, there is no way he wouldn't have cut his hands, and that blade snapped. The washer was searched they pulled the agent off the washer and another walked by and was like "oh look how did you miss the bright orange knife laying open in here". Like I said it's nit that I think he's 100% innocent. It's that there is to many unanswered questions. They where so stuck it was a revolver because if no brass. They didn't even consider or take the 9mm they found in the stolen truck to test. Brass isn't that hard to police. You can also spend about $12 and get a piece that snaps on to catch th brass. Even seen where people will shoot out a plastic bag to catch it. This murder could have used the victims own gun. They also found that gun in the driver's door. Weird place for it.

iam so sorry I didn't read over thar more carefully or send it through my editing program. I typed it on my phone. My brain often skips over my common errors and I miss them. Which is whybi try and have it corrected there before I post. Sorry about all the errors.

Chad Isaak's appeal was denied, court found it to be moot.

North Dakota Supreme Court Leaves Chad Issak's murder convictions stand

In an opinion released Thursday morning, the North Dakota Supreme Court has declared convicted murderer Chad Isaak’s appeal of his convictions as moot, leaving in place his life sentences in the April 2019 Mandan killings of four people.

Near the bottom of the article is a link to the opinion.

Chad Isaak's appeal was denied, court found it to be moot.

North Dakota Supreme Court Leaves Chad Issak's murder convictions stand

In an opinion released Thursday morning, the North Dakota Supreme Court has declared convicted murderer Chad Isaak’s appeal of his convictions as moot, leaving in place his life sentences in the April 2019 Mandan killings of four people.

Near the bottom of the article is a link to the opinion.
From the quoted link:

The Supreme Court, in a unanimous opinion issued Thursday, March 16, wrote "...deceased individuals’ statutory rights cannot prevail over the constitutional rights of the living. Abatement of criminal convictions would foreclose victims’ rights to fair treatment under the law and to meaningfully participate in the criminal justice system."

Justices analyzed whether a living defendant would suffer "collateral consequences" from dismissing the appeal. Isaak's conviction did not result in an order for restitution, and criminal fees were waived. Justices wrote that they were not aware of any wrongful death lawsuits or claims against Isaak's estate, and none of the victims' families asserted an interest in deciding the merits of the appeal.

A future case may have circumstances that require the court to decide the merits of an appeal after a defendant's death. But this case did not warrant such a review, justices concluded.

Thanks for posting link @MeadowMuffin.

I think all states need to review any outdated statutes regarding common-law precedent requiring the conviction to be abated “because a judgment is not final until the appeal has been decided or the time for requesting review has run." MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969
Back