ND ND - Jemini Posey, 21, poss in Grand Forks 1/5 & 1/8, last seen in Fort Totten: 7 Jan 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
27MissingSpiritLakeWoman-840x840.png

FORT TOTTEN — The Grand Forks Police Department are seeking help from the public in the search for a missing woman. Jemini Posey, 21, who has been missing for about two weeks.

Posey was last seen in Fort Totten on Jan. 7, according to a missing poster. The poster indicated Posey is 4 feet, 8 inches and weighs 125 pounds, has blonde hair and hazel eyes. Officials say she may have been in the Grand Forks area on Jan. 5 and 8

I found it odd that this article says she has an infant. Fort Totten woman reported missing | Devil's Lake Daily Journal (that led me to look further and I found a Go Fund Me to raise money for grandma to pay to feed and cloth her child, can't link but it's out there.). If she had left her baby with her Mom, over a week to report her missing seems pretty long.

I found it odd that this article says she has an infant. Fort Totten woman reported missing | Devil's Lake Daily Journal (that led me to look further and I found a Go Fund Me to raise money for grandma to pay to feed and cloth her child, can't link but it's out there.). If she had left her baby with her Mom, over a week to report her missing seems pretty long.
Yes, I saw that. That child is young, around 6 months. There is more out there as well. Will wait for MSM. Hoping she is found quickly.

IMG_2702-1079x1080.jpg

Jade LaVonne, Jemini’s sister, spoke about how difficult it is to search every day, hoping that she will bring her sister home. “We have walked miles. We walked ditches, highways, shelter belts, and through the trees. And we’re still looking. It’s amazing to see how much we’ve walked but also how much we have left.” The search teams will have to retrace all their steps once the snow has melted. Community members are even bringing their personal snow mobiles to further search through the forest and ditches, where some areas are blanketed with waist-high snowbanks. The amount of community effort put forward has been heartwarming and very much needed. LaVonne expressed how she is patiently waiting for the snow to melt, but until then, the family is expecting a drone search to fly over the snowy areas that cannot be reached by foot. She opens about this experience, “I know from the outside it may seem like there’s not much, but when you’re there looking, you realize how much is being done. It’s hard, I have days we get a feeling or people hear to check an area and I think ‘ok today my sister’s coming home’ and then nothing. It’s the sickest feeling. Heartbreaking. But trying to stay positive and not lose faith for my family. I will keep going [un]til she is home.”

Jemini-Posey-main-art-8f55b6.jpg

“We just want her home,” Jade Frier told Dateline.

Jade told Dateline that she and her family are members of the Spirit Lake tribe and grew up in Devil’s Lake, North Dakota. “It’s a smaller, quieter town,” Jade said. “If you’re into fishing, hunting, those types of things, it’s a good place to be.”

Jade describes her sister as outgoing. “She wasn’t afraid to speak her mind. She has a lot of acquaintances, a lot of friends,” Jade said. “She just recently had her baby. Her baby is 8 months old.”

Jade told Dateline that Jemini loved being a mother to her daughter, Amani. “She was really excited to have a baby,” she said. “At a younger age, she was told she wouldn’t have children and then she got pregnant with Amani — she was pretty excited.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back