DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Police: 'Several' bodies found at North Dakota business
MANDAN, N.D. -- Police responding to a medical call at a North Dakota property-management business on Monday found "several" bodies, authorities said.

The Mandan Police Department issued a three-sentence news release confirming that officers had found "several people who were deceased inside" the business in the city of about 22,000 just across the Missouri River west of Bismarck. Police did not say how many people were dead and did not immediately respond to requests for more details.

People with friends or loved ones who work at RJR Maintenance and Management gathered beyond a police line outside the property, anxious for news about those inside, as several hours passed without additional information.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
'Several' People Dead at North Dakota Property Management Company

"Gina Kessel, 52, of Mandan, showed up at the business Monday to pick up her son, Mitchell Kessel, an employee there. She said Mitchell “called me, said something is going on.” She said he didn’t tell her what.

The pair hugged, with both of them crying. Her son did not speak before going back behind a police line.

Judy Praus, 70, came to RJR seeking information, saying she was a longtime friend of the owner and his family. She said she had no details on what happened.

“When I was notified, I shattered. Unbelievable,” she said.

Darin Helbling, a manager at a nearby bowling alley, said police asked to see his business’ surveillance video. Helbling said the video showed only a couple of vehicles on the road that separates the businesses since 10 p.m. Sunday.

RJR’s website identified it as a family-owned company that has been handling commercial and residential properties in Bismarck and Mandan for more than 20 years. Its services include collecting rent for landlords, paying mortgages, re-renting apartments, building and grounds maintenance, lawn care, and snow removal. It also rents out storage units."

Several' bodies found at North Dakota business

MANDAN, N.D. – Police responding to a medical call at a North Dakota property-management business on Monday found "several" bodies, authorities said.

The Mandan Police Department issued a three-sentence news release confirming that officers had found "several people who were deceased inside" the business in the city of about 22,000 just across the Missouri River west of Bismarck. Police did not say how many people were dead and did not immediately respond to requests for more details.

People with friends or loved ones who work at RJR Maintenance and Management gathered beyond a police line outside the property, anxious for news about those inside, as several hours passed without additional information.

More...
Police: 'Several' bodies found at North Dakota business

This may be somewhat weird but I’m curious as to who he attacked first. Was it the owner and he was not shot because he didn’t want to alert anyone else? Then the other guy walked in and interrupted so he shot him then stabbed him? Certainly it was the married couple because it seems that took more time. And why shoot her & cut her throat? Overkill. I’m new to this but it seems to me that 1 person killing 4 people in less that 15 minutes is crazy. And if the other 2 were in another part of the building why not stop there and run? Why go after them unless one of them were the actually target? So bizarre

What do we know about CI and his personal life? I know that it has been said that he has family in the area. Was he married? Did he have children? Did he have relationships with people in the community? It seems that all we know is that he is the suspect, ex military and a chiropractor.

Welcome to Websleuths, Kyshoegal !
Agreed, there are still questions.
I keep thinking one was the target and the rest were there at the wrong time ?
Thanks!! So excited, I’m a crime junkie. Absolutely believe only one was the target. we’ll likely have to wait for the trial to find out. I don’t know why but I have this nagging feeling it’s one of the married couple, If it was in fact over money she was the book keeper. So that would be a possibility but of course it’s completely speculation and supported only by my nagging gut.

Thanks!! So excited, I’m a crime junkie. Absolutely believe only one was the target. we’ll likely have to wait for the trial to find out. I don’t know why but I have this nagging feeling it’s one of the married couple, If it was in fact over money she was the book keeper. So that would be a possibility but of course it’s completely speculation and supported only by my nagging gut.
Welcome!

I also think the married couple was the target, but like you, it's just a feeling, not a fact.
I think he may have encountered the other two victims in the shop area as he was departing the office, after killing the couple in the office.

Jmopinion only.

Hi and Welcome!! It would make sense that only one was the target and the rest were just victims of circumstances because they happen to be there. But.............would he really think that one person would be the only person there? He could have easily found out where that one person lived and stalked that person until he caught them alone and then do his nasty deed. Then again, maybe he didn't care how many extra people he had to kill. Like someone said earlier (can't remember who---sorry), if it was a matter of money and book keeping, the books wouldn't change if she were no longer around so whatever it was, would have still been found out.

She was killed differently than the others too. More gruesome IMO.

ETA If either Mr or Mrs Cobb were the prime target, there was next to no opportunity for him to attack one of them alone since they both worked and lived together.

Welcome!

I also think the married couple was the target, but like you, it's just a feeling, not a fact.
I think he may have encountered the other two victims in the shop area as he was departing the office, after killing the couple in the office.

Jmopinion only.
He had to have known that encountering others was a possibility. Once he fired the gun, that could have alerted someone in the building who might also have had a gun and he could have been shot himself. He must have been really enraged about something to take the chance of being killed himself. What the heck could that be????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member