ND - Several bodies found at Mandan business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This case has baffled me from the beginning and even still now. There has to be a reason. It’s just way too random.

Isaak has a reason, we just don't know what it is. What I am hoping for is that something was uncovered during this pre-sentencing investigation. Isaak will be appealing his conviction, so there is no way he'll ever say anything. IMO he is an "injustice collector".

Isaak has a reason, we just don't know what it is. What I am hoping for is that something was uncovered during this pre-sentencing investigation. Isaak will be appealing his conviction, so there is no way he'll ever say anything. IMO he is an "injustice collector".
So I really believe that I read that Isaak had an affair with one of the victims and that she broke it off. YEARS AND YEARS ago. He harbored some resentment or whatever and then somehow the rental company ended up being his rental company for his place and it made him flip. This is all MOO and speculation because I know I read this somewhere along the way but I cannot figure out where.

So I really believe that I read that Isaak had an affair with one of the victims and that she broke it off. YEARS AND YEARS ago. He harbored some resentment or whatever and then somehow the rental company ended up being his rental company for his place and it made him flip. This is all MOO and speculation because I know I read this somewhere along the way but I cannot figure out where.
Quoting my own post but if this were the case wouldn’t we have heard of it from the prosecution? Sorry. Just thinking out loud. Lol

Tuesday, December 28th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) – ND – Lois Ann Cobbs (45), employee; William Dee “Bill” Cobbs, Jr. (50), employee; Adam Fuehrer (42), employee; Robert John Fakler (52) co-owner (April 1, 2019, at RJR Maint. & Mgmt business, Mandan) - *Chad Trolon Isaak (44/now 47) arrested (4/4/19), charged (4/5/19) & arraigned (5/9/19) with 4 counts of murder (Felony AA), 1 count of burglary (Felony B), 1 count of concealment within a vehicle (Felony C) & 1 count of unauthorized use of vehicle (misdemeanor A). Plead not guilty. $1M Cash only bond. After verdict (8/20/21) held without bond.
Trial began on 8/2/21 with jury selection & ended 8/3/21 & trial began on 8/4/21 & ended on 8/19/21. 12 jurors & 2 alternates. (6 men & 6 women make up the jury with 1 man & 1 woman serving as alternates). Judge David Reich does not intend to sequester jurors. The State rested their case on 8/17/21. Defense rested their case on 8/18/21. And State’s rebuttal done. Closing arguments started on 8/19/21 & the jury sent out for deliberations. Jury deliberations 8/19/21 (Day 1: 2pm-5pm): 3 hours. 8/20/21 (Day 2: 8:30am-9:45am) of deliberations: 1 hour 15 minutes. Total deliberations: 4 hours 15 minutes. Found guilty of all charges. Sentencing on 12/28/21.
Court info from 4/5/19 thru 7/16/21 & Jury selection (Day 1-2) 8/2/21-8/3/21 & Trial (Day 1-12) 8/4/21-8/19/21 & Jury deliberations (Day 1) 8/19/21 reference post #797 here:
GUILTY - ND - Several bodies found at Mandan business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest* #2

8/20/21 Friday, Trial Day 13: Jurors begin deliberations @ 8:30am to 9:45am, approximately 1 hour & 25 minutes. Jury reached a verdict on Count 1: Murder of Lois – Guilty, Count 2: Murder of William – Guilty, Count 3: Murder of Adam – Guilty, Count 4: Murder of Robert – Guilty, Count 5: burglary – Guilty & with being armed-yes, Count 6: concealment within a vehicle – Guilty & Count 7: unauthorized use of Vehicle – Guilty.
8/20/21: Order filed to prohibit public access to trial records & exhibits. Proposed Order for PSI; Amended bond Order: held without bond, no contact with victims’ families, RJR premises & RJR employees. Order for PSI. 8/23/21: Exhibits #1 thru #14 received. 8/24/21: Exhibits #15 thru #60 received. 8/26/21: Exhibits #61 to #128 received. 8/27/21: Exhibits #129 to #192 received. 8/30/21: Exhibits #193 to #220 received. 8/31/21: Exhibits #221 to #251 received. 9/1/21: Exhibits #252 thru #356 received. 9/2/21: Exhibits #357 thru #507 received. 9/3/21: Exhibits #508 thru #600 received. 9/3/21: Exhibits #1037 to #1128 received. 9/7/21: Exhibits #1129 to 1146 received. 9/14/21 Exhibits #1147 to 1249 received. 9/15/21: Exhibits #1250 to 1372 received. 9/16/21: Exhibits #1473 to 1432 received. 9/17/21: Exhibits #1433 to 1501 received. Peremptory challenges #1502 received. Peremptory challenges.
10/15/21: Pre-sentence investigation (Index #1504); addendum to PSI-National Vital Statistics report (Index #1505). 10/18/21 Victim impact statement (Index #1506). Sentencing hearing on 12/28/21 by Judge David Reich at the Morton County courthouse.
12/7/21: North Dakota’s Board of Chiropractic Examiners has revoked the license of Chad Isaak, the man convicted of killing four people at a property management company in Mandan. The seven-member board voted unanimously recently to revoke Isaak’s state chiropractic license which had been suspended pending the outcome of his murder trial.
12/20/21: Request (#1507) for change in expanded Media Order by Media by Jack McDonald. Proposed Order (#1508): Proposed expanded Media Order from Media by Jack McDonald. Service Doc (#1509): Certificate of service on attorneys Quick, Walstad, Heck, Huska, Goter, Gunderson & Nuefield. 12/21/21: Order (#1510) Expanded Media Order from Media-denied.

Buh bye Chad.
Victim impact statements followed by prosecutor's request, followed by defense counsel argument for sentences to run concurrently.
CI finally spoke. "I can honestly tell you that I am not a murderer and that is all I have to say".
Judge stated CI showed no remorse and granted what the prosecutor requested. On the first 4 counts of murder in the first degree he was sentenced to LWOP, each to run consecutively, not concurrently as CI attorney requested.
The remaining 3 charges, 10 yrs, 5 yrs, and 1 year to be served concurrently to the murder sentences. Credit for 1000 days served.

Buh bye Chad.
Victim impact statements followed by prosecutor's request, followed by defense counsel argument for sentences to run concurrently.
CI finally spoke. "I can honestly tell you that I am not a murderer and that is all I have to say".
Judge stated CI showed no remorse and granted what the prosecutor requested. On the first 4 counts of murder in the first degree he was sentenced to LWOP, each to run consecutively, not concurrently as CI attorney requested.
The remaining 3 charges, 10 yrs, 5 yrs, and 1 year to be served concurrently to the murder sentences. Credit for 1000 days served.

Thank you!
Do you know "who" did the victim impact statements - I'd like to put those in my notes - Thanks! :)

Chad Isaak sentenced to life in prison without parole for the 2019 RJR killings | KX NEWS

Live Stream:

9:50 a.m.: Judge Reich adjourns the sentencing hearing. People in the audience clap.

9:44 a.m.: Judge Reich says Chad Isaak committed “a senseless act of extreme and brutal violence.” Says Isaak has not shown any remorse.

Reich sentences Chad Isaak to four life terms in prison without the possibility of parole, to be served consecutively. Gives Isaak credit of 1,000 days for time already served. Says Isaak has 30 days to appeal the sentences.

chad-isaak-122821.png

Chad Isaak
9:37 a.m.: Isaak’s defense team. Chad Isaak wants to make a statement. “I can honestly tell you I’m not a murderer and that’s all I have to say,” he tells the court. Defense asks that Isaak should be sentenced to life with the possibility of parole and that the sentences be served concurrently. Says questions in the case remain unanswered. Sentencing Chad Isaak to life in prison without parole belies the idea that people are redeemable. The law makes an accommodation for the inability to peer into the future at how a person has possibly changed by having the opportunity to consider parole decades from now via the State Parole Board. Who knows whether Isaak may change in the future, that he may realize what he did, show remorse and, through his actions in prison, no longer pose a threat to the community.

9:28: The state recommends regarding the murder convictions of Chad Isaak against Lois Cobb, Bill Cobb, Adam Fuehrer, Robert Fakler — the state asks for life without parole, all to run consecutively. Also, 10 years for the firearm charge. Unlawful entry, the state asks for 5 years. Unauthorized use of a vehicle, the state asks for 30 days. State says Chad Isaak acted with premeditation, one of the reasons why the state is asking for life in prison without parole. State says Isaak hasn’t shown remorse and doesn’t show remorse. State says the crimes had a level of brutality and preplanning. The level of brutality and harm to the families and community demands life without parole.

9:23 a.m.: Shirley Metzger impact statement. Adam’s stepmother. “I had Adam since he was a young boy.” “You took my kid away from me, you had no right to do that. You are a monster, yes. We’re taught that we have to forgive. I can’t forgive you. You killed my son over and over and over.” “There is nothing I can say to you, Chad Isaak, that will bring Adam back.” “What you did to Adam was brutal, uncalled for.” “Do you have feelings, I don’t think you do.”

9:13 a.m.: Adam Fuehrer’s sister impact statement. “Adam was not scared of hard work. … There was no stopping Adam.” “Adam was not a quitter.” He also liked camping. “Adam would never hurt anyone.” “I miss his laugh, smile and especially his hugs. You knew when he hugged you he loved you.” “Chad isaak, You need to sit in jail until you rot. I wish you could feel the fear you put in your victims every day of your life.” “Chad Isaak is a monster.” Adam’s other sister Stephanie statement. “To the Isaak family, I have the deepest sympathy for you.” “Chad Isaak, you have stolen precious people from their families. You need to understand what you took.” To Chad Isaak, “I will never forgive you. You do not deserve sympathy, leniency and your definitely do not deserve forgiveness. … You have not shown any human decency.”

9:09 a.m.: Melissa Fuehrer impact statement. Adam’s wife. “Adam was my husband … He was an awesome father to our boys. … They loved him so much.” “I have to take on the role of mom and dad and I find that very difficult” when your whole world has fallen. “Adam would have given you the shirt off his back.” “We had 19 years together and I will cherish those years together forever.”

8:50 a.m.: Jackie Fakler impact statement. First, reads statements from Bill and Lois Cobb family members who could not appear in person due to the weather. Amy Cobb’s statement. She is, Bill Cobb’s daughter. “April 1, 2019 plays in my head, over and over, almost daily,” Cobb writes. Bill and Lois Cobb “were amazing people who loved their children.” “They didn’t get to watch me become a mom” and they won’t get to see her children grow up. “The amount of support we have received from everyone has been amazing.” “Chad Isaak, you’re a monster who deserves nothing less than spending the rest of your life in prison.” Tyler Cobb, Bill’s son written statement. “I hope, you Chad Isaak, suffers the rest of your miserable life the way we have to.” Brianne Miller, Bill’s daughter, impact statement. “You took parents away from their kids, grandparents away from their grandparents.” Says the family is left wondering why Isaak committed the killings. “How dare you leave us stuck wondering why our loved ones are no longer with us. Our families suffered and for what?” “My parents had huge hearts so this confuses me why this happened.” “I hope your actions forever haunt you as they haunt me.” Todd, Lois’ son. “The loss of your mother, no matter your age, changes you forever.”

Jackie Fakler now speaks for herself. “Isaak you’re a coward. You did not give them a chance to flee, a chance to fight. What were you afraid of?” “The thing I have a hard time, Isaak, is I can’t forgive you. You took so much that day.” “I don’t hate but you have made me hate. Thank Good I have the individuals I have around me.” “I am glad you’re behind bars and hopefully for the rest of your life. You’re uncaring, you’re unthinking.” “I want everyone to know these four individuals were wonderful people.” “I don’t think you feel any remorse for it at all. You’re cold.”

8:35 a.m.: Jamie Vinstock impact statement. Her statement was aimed at Chad Isaak and she spoke to him directly. “You took away my father and changed people’s lives.” Her father was Robert Fakler. Describes her father as a loving person. “You took everything from my mom. The amount of suffering she’s gone through since April 2019 is harrowing.” She, her husband and children moved back to Mandan to support her mother. Says to Isaak if your goal was to ruin RJR Maintenance and Management, “you failed.” “I hope you feel lifetimes of suffering. I want you to sob the same way I did when I got the call. … I do not want your life to end. … I hope you have nightmares.” “I think you are a dangerous person and I hope you spend the rest of your life in prison until your last breath.”

8:33 a.m.: Chad Isaak sentencing hearing is underway. Judge David Reich presiding.

I hope the state someday releases more about murderer Chad Isaak. His brutal act was especially gruesome for his only female victim. I also think he wanted to ruin RJR Maintenance & Management. He failed.

MOO

Hopefully this will be the last we ever hear this man's name.
Chad Isaak found guilty in RJR murders - the Spectrum

9/2/2021

Sentencing for Isaak has not yet been decided. A pre-sentencing investigation was requested by Judge David Reich to further look into Isaak’s motives.

“I don’t have really any information about the defendant, I would like that, I think everyone would like to know a little bit more about the defendant before he’s sentenced in this manner,” said Judge David Reich. Isaak could be sentenced to life in prison without parole.

It must be tough to give an impact statement when you don't even know why your loved one was killed.

I'm curious about what was revealed in the pre-sentencing investigation ordered by the court and I'd think the families would also be interested. Maybe this was shared with them but it's not been reported on to my knowledge.

What an excellent result. Getting consecutive life sentences was the icing on the cake. He's a coldhearted killer who hasn't shown any remorse whatsoever.

If ever anyone doubted the strength of circumstantial evidence, this case should prove how powerful it can be.

I followed a South African case (Henri van Breda) where he was found guilty of the murder of both parents and his brother and the attempted murder of his sister and it too was all based on circumstantial evidence. In that case there were no witnesses at all. Just saying.

Does Anyone else have a lot of unaswered questions.
Missing survalance video from RJR.
The back door never checked
Not getting any survalance video from any of the towns the truck supposidly drove through to include the Sherriffs office he supposdly drove past
The mistress ex husband that was arrested multiple times for masterbating while peeping in windows. who Had multiple restraing orders?
No blood on the murder suspect on any of the video he is seen between each of the killing and after clean.
Never testing any of the other weapons

Questions like that

Does Anyone else have a lot of unaswered questions.
Missing survalance video from RJR.
The back door never checked
Not getting any survalance video from any of the towns the truck supposidly drove through to include the Sherriffs office he supposdly drove past
The mistress ex husband that was arrested multiple times for masterbating while peeping in windows. who Had multiple restraing orders?
No blood on the murder suspect on any of the video he is seen between each of the killing and after clean.
Never testing any of the other weapons

Questions like that
Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads