ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I have a college graduate that just returned from the other "big" college up there and a 12 year old here, but don't always ask them. That's what I meant when you mentioned Call of Duty, that it makes sense, now that I think of it, listening to the game chatter I hear. They would be lost and about to die, especially when I would have my fat butt in front of the tv. BUT -- I wonder if they xbox lived it or ps4 live - wouldn't they just ask the people they were gaming with where they were and tell them they were going to die???? That I hear a lot from younger son. So just to clarify, did you know him personally then? My apologies and I know I hate when someone comes to the end of thread and starts asking basic questions--it's annoying I know.

ETA for the 20th time - obviously the people were no longer online or stepped away, if that was the case, hence the tweet. I give up posting today. Mind is going to fast and not making any sense. Carry on.

All I know is but there by the grace of God go I, my poor son is now a junior up there and didn't even visit the area, had never seen the college, I just shoved him on a plane to Fargo and college coaches picked him up at the airport. Now, he did have a sister up there, but he went early due to sports and she wasn't back up there yet, so he adjusted rather well. But now he's back alone up there and this is why this case really is hitting home. I cannot imagine him being murdered after only 30 days up there. And now I hear the stories of what my kids did/have done. Whoa!!! I still need to go through Amanda's maps because I know I have been by Larry's RVs. Would love to know what was in that backpack and where it is. Do you think it's possible that LE has it and is keeping mum??

There will be a break in the case soon because there had to be DNA from murderer found on Tom's body and clothing and that information will be back soon. The tweet from Jake on Tom's phone is innocent and was not done about a serious matter. It was his Call of Duty. Everyone that keeps going back to that tweet is wrong. Tom was sober and he was playing video games all night. He was not partying heavily. He was a nice kid.

JMO.

Thank you for being here and sharing with us, Brandon14. I do not know what you mean by "Call of Duty". Please help me out! Thanks in advance.

I'm not Brandon nor am I college aged and just a PARENT but, Call of Duty is game for game systems, i.e, Xbox, Playstation, etc. If you watch tv at all they usually release a new version around the first part of November and all you see are commercials for it. I hope that helps til he answers. He can expound on that I'm sure. ;)

Wow 15 guests on here, please join us and discuss!! All we want is justice for Tom. Someone has to know something.

I'm not Brandon nor am I college aged and just a PARENT but, Call of Duty is game for game systems, i.e, Xbox, Playstation, etc. If you watch tv at all they usually release a new version around the first part of November and all you see are commercials for it. I hope that helps til he answers. He can expound on that I'm sure. ;)

Thank you SailorMoon, I appreciate it! But what did it mean in regards to his post? Was they playing the game possibly or ? I am completely lost? (Imagine that, lol!)

He planned on going back to his dorm. He never went anywhere without showering. I don't know what he had in his backpack tho. Maybe video game controller? A cell phone charger cord? Chew? A sweatshirt in case it got cooler at night?

Where is his backpack? That's the million dollar question.

You're close.....what was IN his backpack is the million dollar question!

Thank you for being here and sharing with us, Brandon14. I do not know what you mean by "Call of Duty". Please help me out! Thanks in advance.

As sailor moon said, Call of Duty is a game for a gaming system. Its an RPG (role playing game) where players assume the role of one of the characters and they communicate with each other online. I have listened to and watched my son play this. If you can imagine being in the military and a platoon fighting a battle, a role playing game would allow you to join in with other players and work together online towards whatever the goal of the game is, in this case its battling/defeating the enemies.

Hope that makes sense.

Also, sorry to all for just jumping in after lurking for so long.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

A verified insider of what?! I am in college. Pretty sure I just said these were JMO's! So I can't speculate but YOU can? Weren't you the one complaining about getting picked on? Now you are picking on me?

Trust me. No offense taken.

It seems like you PARENTS need someone on here that knows college lingo. The mere fact that you think the "lost" in the scary tweet literally meant they were lost in the directional-sense is a little humorous.

So what is your opinion on TB's violent homicide?
Why?

I'm following this case from Stockport, England. I'm the only member on this thread but we have 8 guests. I don't comment much but I'd say to our guests "join in and contribute" You might be able to help solve this horrid crime.

Snapchat is pictures. NOT WORDS. Pictures are sent back and forth with short messages. So the answer is if Pat says he was snapping with Tom, he probably had a picture of him too. He seems certain it was Tom. I don't think he would be willing to lie and be deceived. If he had a doubt that jakes tweet was nefarious, I do not think he would be sticking up for Jake. Snapchat is current pictures. It can't be an old picture either because they disappear within a few seconds after sending them.
Hi Brandon14 can I ask what you mean by "I do not think he would be sticking up for Jake" Sticking up for what?

There will be a break in the case soon because there had to be DNA from murderer found on Tom's body and clothing and that information will be back soon. The tweet from Jake on Tom's phone is innocent and was not done about a serious matter. It was his Call of Duty. Everyone that keeps going back to that tweet is wrong. Tom was sober and he was playing video games all night. He was not partying heavily. He was a nice kid.

JMO.
This makes a lot of sense to me - that TB was sober and playing video games that night. In the statement written by TB's friends' mom (can't remember her name right now) she said TB felt really bad about the DUI and was going to stop/cut back on drinking.

I wonder if Tom had a laptop (most college kids do) and was it left behind or in the backpack?

With a big thanks to Brandon for giving much needed insight, I'm starting to think that this was a random act of violence and the intent was to rob him of his phone. Not saying that it wasn't another student, because based on his location another student or someone visiting another student makes the most sense. The people he was with, other than those that were his friends, could be involved though. They are really the only ones that he was with that knew exactly what he had in his possession and the logical suspects (again because of the location he was at and where he was going).

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

JMO.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they (LE) need another DNA profile to compare it to? What if the killer has never given a DNA sample, and manages to never have to give one in the future.

Hi Brandon14 can I ask what you mean by "I do not think he would be sticking up for Jake" Sticking up for what?

I mean that he wouldn't say that people were focusing on Jakes tweet when they shouldn't be. Obviously it is of no consequence because he talked to TB after that on snapchat. Did someone dupe Pat into thinking he was talking to TB when he actually wasn't on snap chat? I think Pat would be smart enough to figure that out. Or figure out if that possibility exists. Perhaps he contacted TB due to the tweet he saw that they were lost and going to die? He'd obviously read his tweet from 11:23 pm 9/19/2014 for him to be certain enough to say Jakes scary tweet meant nothing. Unless now you think his bf was involved all of the way from small-town MN? If so, no amount of facts are going to stop you from gossiping.

I believe he was murdered by a stranger (strangers) upon leaving the party. Wrong place, wrong time. I would guess his toxicology will show that he wasn't partying too much.

I know that isn't a "fun" murder to solve and it's a lot more intriguing to think there was a reason for the murder or he was murdered by a friend but I don't think he was.

All of your sleuthing here will not help anything if it's a stranger murder.

For the record: these are just my opinions & guesses. Just as all of yours our. Peace out.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they (LE) need another DNA profile to compare it to? What if the killer has never given a DNA sample, and manages to never have to give one in the future.

Therein lies the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member