NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yesterday was Corrie's 30th Birthday...Happy Birthday Corrie Jo!! I know she had a big party up there :)

I wonder why the boyfriend has never been arrested for the murder. It's only obvious that he is the guilty party. I wonder if LE has any evidence or anything that points to him? He can't be that smart as to leave nothing at all. I wonder if everything was destroyed when the people went in and cleaned the bedroom and washed the sheets.

Hi Bobbisangel, I don't know for sure why LE hasn't gotten Scott Petro for Corrie's murder...yet...I know that they are still working hard with what they have which isn't much. Yes pretty much all evidence was destroyed when the house was cleaned. I know that they are still working with the little bit of evidence they have. I just hope and pray that they can get it pulled together and get something done with it soon!!

Please tell me LE are still actively working on solving this case. How are you holding up DJK? I think of you often. I haven't been in here for some time but was very dissapointed to come in here today and see there has been no conviction yet. Is there any updates?

This was the only update I could find, from Oct 3, 2009.

Murder remains unsolved
By Jan Rahn
The Grant Tribune-Sentinel

One year has passed since Corrie J. Wood was found dead in her home in Grant, the apparent victim of a homicide.

No arrests have been made and no suspects have been formally identified. However, the Nebraska State Patrol maintains the investigation into Wood’s murder is active and ongoing.

According to Perkins County Attorney Rick Roberts, parties involved in probing the case are trying to wrap up the investigation and he will meet with them soon to determine where things stand.

“It’s still at the top of our list of pressing cases,” said Roberts. “It takes a long time to put something like this together.”

The 28-year-old single mother was found unresponsive on Saturday morning, Sept. 20, 2008 by her boyfriend, Scott Petro, after the two of them had been celebrating her birthday with friends at a bar in Venango. The Perkins County Sheriff’s Office and the Perkins County Ambulance responded to Petro’s 911 call.

Wood’s daughter, who was four years old at the time, was not at home.

An autopsy performed at the Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff, indicated she had died as a result of blows to the head and body.

At the request of the county attorney and county sheriff in Perkins County, the Nebraska State Patrol stepped in to assist in the murder investigation of the 1998 Chase County High School graduate.

http://www.imperialrepublican.com/i...cle&id=1181:murder-remains-unsolved&Itemid=63

Please tell me LE are still actively working on solving this case. How are you holding up DJK? I think of you often. I haven't been in here for some time but was very dissapointed to come in here today and see there has been no conviction yet. Is there any updates?

I'm hanging in there! Thank you for your thoughts :) I've never been through something like this in my life, as most of us haven't and you just don't know how to really react until you are faced with it. It is so incredibly frustrating that nothing has come to light yet but I am still confident and keeping my faith that they will make an arrest and Corrie's case will come to justice. I do believe that they are still working with the case and trying to make something solid come out of it. Again thank you! :)

Has anyone contacted LE lately and asked them what is going on with this case? I strongly believe that LE reacts to the knowledge that people have not forgotten a case. They are only human, and they have a LOT of cases to solve, so keeping things at the front of their brains is a good idea. I think of the Tori Vienneau and Dean Springstube case. I have a recorded voice mail that a detective from San Diego left me after I emailed him, begging him to not forget the case! Of course, that case was really easy because it was obvious to the WORLD who murdered Tori and Dean (and the just got two consecutive life sentences - yea!!!). Anyways, the detective assured me that they were still working on the case, and that it would be solved! We shouldn't all contact LE, but someone who has been tightly connected to this case could. Just a thought.....

Has anyone contacted LE lately and asked them what is going on with this case? I strongly believe that LE reacts to the knowledge that people have not forgotten a case. They are only human, and they have a LOT of cases to solve, so keeping things at the front of their brains is a good idea. I think of the Tori Vienneau and Dean Springstube case. I have a recorded voice mail that a detective from San Diego left me after I emailed him, begging him to not forget the case! Of course, that case was really easy because it was obvious to the WORLD who murdered Tori and Dean (and the just got two consecutive life sentences - yea!!!). Anyways, the detective assured me that they were still working on the case, and that it would be solved! We shouldn't all contact LE, but someone who has been tightly connected to this case could. Just a thought.....

Yeah I know what you mean and we do have a couple people that contact LE regularly about Corrie's case and they always tell us that they are still working on it. They are trying to work with what they have and building a solid case so that they can take down the person responsible with no mistakes! I hate that it is taking this long because it is so frustrating and so hard to remain patient but I want them to take their time so that they get it right and are able to take down the person who did this to Corrie so that they can pay forever.

Just had Corrie on my mind today and wanted to refresh her thread. RIP Corrie Jo, we are never giving up!

Thinking of you Corrie! I'm NEVER giving up and letting this rest until Scott Petro is in prison for the rest of his life for taking your precious life away!

Bumping this thread for Corrie. She is in my thoughts today. Prayers for her family and friends. Be strong. Hopefully 2010 will have some answers for you. LN

04-08-2010 is Scott's release date! I hope they get some more charges ready to slap on his dead beat *advertiser censored* and keep him in there for longer, he deserves to spend the rest of his pathetic life in prison! I haven't heard anything in a long time, hope they are still working!!!!

04-08-2010 is Scott's release date! I hope they get some more charges ready to slap on his dead beat *advertiser censored* and keep him in there for longer, he deserves to spend the rest of his pathetic life in prison! I haven't heard anything in a long time, hope they are still working!!!!

I have VERY bad news! I think he is out - Need to double check!!! :furious:

It still says projected date in April but I am hearing otherwise - yuk. I hope he doesn't have the chance to harm anyone until his alleged pending arrest - can run but CAN NOT HIDE from what was done to an innocent mother!! You will NOT BE FORGOT Corrie!

VERY BAD NEWS!!!

He is in a halfway house in Hastings, NE - WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???????

God Bless Corrie and all of her loved ones!!

Thanks NSC for the news. OMG I cannot believe this! I am just sick about him being released! I would like to know WTF they are doing!! Corrie deserves justice and letting her killer out of prison was a huge mistake! Un-freakin-believable!! :furious::banghead:

It still says projected date in April but I am hearing otherwise - yuk. I hope he doesn't have the chance to harm anyone until his alleged pending arrest - can run but CAN NOT HIDE from what was done to an innocent mother!! You will NOT BE FORGOT Corrie!

Yeah what the hell is with the wrong information on the Federal Bureau of Prisons site saying that he is currently at DENVER CCM and his release date being 04-08-2010!! Shouldn't that information be updated daily??!! This is just so frustrating! :furious:

So that miserable *advertiser censored*, Scott, has a new facebook page and he had the nerve to put up a picture of him and Corrie as his profile picture. I can't even look at his face without getting sick to my stomache, then to have a picture of the 2 of them up just pushes it!! Something has to be done with this idiot! :furious:

SCOTT PETRO 20726-047 39-White-M 04-08-2010 RELEASED

This is what the Federal Bureau of Prisons website has for information. Just makes me sick! :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back