NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody thought about possible connection between disappearances of Jason and Brandon Perry. They are about the same age and there's just two months between their disappearances. Of course, have very different backgrounds.

I'm not sure there's a direct connection between the two but there may be parallels. Both of a similar age, vanishing into thin air. Not so much the drug angle, but both men may have been struggling with their sexuality. There is suspicion Branson was murdered by a church minister, and others have linked Jason's involvement in the church to his disappearance.

If it was someone that Jason got to know at least somewhat well, then the potential angles to look at are the places he spent the most time outside his home: work and church. He spent at least 2 hours a week at church, sometimes even taking "extra" hours. I wonder if there was someone there who he got to know. His parents would never dare accuse anyone at the church, probably never even crossed their minds at all. Of course that murks up when you factor in the limited time he had for something to happen on his way to the school. Someone from the church would had to have had some communication with him that morning to know where he'd be. The search on his computer presumably didn't show any of that, and I'm assuming his phone records didn't either. An immediate neighbor would be tough to form a tryst with, as that is very close range and other neighbors could potentially have seen it. My guess is that if this was a grooming situation, it was likely one-sided. Jason might have thought he was making a confidant or "father figure", but got more than he bargained for. And maybe given Jason's age, it's possible that the perp wasn't seeing it as a grooming. Maybe they thought that Jason could have actually been interested (as opposed to a child who a predator knows they are simply manipulating) but then lashed out when it turns out Jason wasn't.
Which church was it by name? Just wondering that, plus who the staff was at the time. Edited: Never mind! Found the name of the church in an earlier thread
that dotr noted, plus the fact he was in Boy Scouts! I don't know why I hadn't seen that, and it has probably already been discussed, but were the B.S. leaders looked into? That seems like a likely and obvious lead, bearing in mind about the bad ones who have been reported over the years.

Last edited:
I have been trying to find information about Omaha and Jason's neighborhood. As I have never visited Nebraska it is hard to imagine its atmosphere and people living in there. Of course, if there was some kind of pervert living there, it doesn't matter, if most of them were nice and friendly. How did that neighborhood look like in 2001? This is a photo of N 48. street and Bedford Avenue which I found. Though I knew, it was a residential area, this looks very country side, no?
I was surprised when I saw photos of Jason’s neighbourhood that is was an area which apparently was a hotbed for gangs and drug dealing etc, it looks very rural and suburban and quiet to me

I was surprised when I saw photos of Jason’s neighbourhood that is was an area which apparently was a hotbed for gangs and drug dealing etc, it looks very rural and suburban and quiet to me

Yes, and I might've missed in from previous threads, but it looks on Google like one walking route from Jason's home to the high school goes through a park and by a lagoon named Fontanelle. I assume the lagoon was checked out thoroughly.

Yes, and I might've missed in from previous threads, but it looks on Google like one walking route from Jason's home to the high school goes through a park and by a lagoon named Fontanelle. I assume the lagoon was checked out thoroughly.

Would be shameful, if it wasn't checked. As far as I know Jason's route from home to school wasn't quite clear. I would assume that he (if he ever got that far...) chose the same route that he used to go as a pupil of Benson High School. Most of people walk the usual way, no?
As for Jason perhaps struggling with his sexuality – who knows? He is said to have been shy with people. Sometimes that was seen as if a person has something to hide, something like his sexual orientation. For instance, speculations about Michael Jackson's sexuality began, because he was shy and somewhat awkward during interviews. People started to think, he has something to hide (naturally there was more to that like his high voice). In those religious circles there are many people who really are struggling with those issues as religion often has very strict rules about them. That's why I find people within those church circles as candidates... Or Boy Scouts. There has been many ugly things going on in that organization as we all know. Apparently all that was considered at the time.
There are always things that police doesn't tell to large public. I wonder, what those things might be in Jason's case. It's nearly 20 years now – it wouldn't harm anybody anymore, if they told all that might be useful.

I emailed the current church in Tuscon, AZ where Jason's (then) priest currently works. I asked if there was any way to get in direct contact with him. Obviously did not state the reason why. But I would love to ask him some questions about what exactly Jason did there. Haven't heard back yet.

I emailed the current church in Tuscon, AZ where Jason's (then) priest currently works. I asked if there was any way to get in direct contact with him. Obviously did not state the reason why. But I would love to ask him some questions about what exactly Jason did there. Haven't heard back yet.
wow! would be interesting to hear the response, if any lol, keep us posted. :)

Was wondering if it’s possible that Jason had some sort of extra support with his minor learning disability or involved in any group pertaining to that either in school or college or church, maybe like a home tutor in the past who came and gave him extra support with that. Just thinking of other ways he could have met or come across an older male

Would be shameful, if it wasn't checked. As far as I know Jason's route from home to school wasn't quite clear. I would assume that he (if he ever got that far...) chose the same route that he used to go as a pupil of Benson High School. Most of people walk the usual way, no?
As for Jason perhaps struggling with his sexuality – who knows? He is said to have been shy with people. Sometimes that was seen as if a person has something to hide, something like his sexual orientation. For instance, speculations about Michael Jackson's sexuality began, because he was shy and somewhat awkward during interviews. People started to think, he has something to hide (naturally there was more to that like his high voice). In those religious circles there are many people who really are struggling with those issues as religion often has very strict rules about them. That's why I find people within those church circles as candidates... Or Boy Scouts. There has been many ugly things going on in that organization as we all know. Apparently all that was considered at the time.
There are always things that police doesn't tell to large public. I wonder, what those things might be in Jason's case. It's nearly 20 years now – it wouldn't harm anybody anymore, if they told all that might be useful.

My theory about Jason's sexuality is purely subjective, I'd like to add. Just because he was shy, socially awkward and didn't have a gf, doesn't mean he was gay. However, I believe there was a sexual motive behind his disappearance, and it wasn't a random abduction. Factor in that Jason was part of the church, and people with religious upbringings sometimes are sexually repressed, the pieces might fit. Again, just my hunch.

My theory about Jason's sexuality is purely subjective, I'd like to add. Just because he was shy, socially awkward and didn't have a gf, doesn't mean he was gay. However, I believe there was a sexual motive behind his disappearance, and it wasn't a random abduction. Factor in that Jason was part of the church, and people with religious upbringings sometimes are sexually repressed, the pieces might fit. Again, just my hunch.

That's exactly what I have thought too. Jason's sexual orientation isn't even crucial here. As far as I know he hadn't any kind of active romantic life. Can't see him being part of Omaha gay scene. I wonder, if there was any... He is said to have been a family oriented young man, likely happy to live with his parents and brother, perhaps having some distant plans to start to live independently some day in the future. Whatever plans he may have had, it's so sad that he never got the chance to make them to reality.

That's exactly what I have thought too. Jason's sexual orientation isn't even crucial here. As far as I know he hadn't any kind of active romantic life. Can't see him being part of Omaha gay scene. I wonder, if there was any... He is said to have been a family oriented young man, likely happy to live with his parents and brother, perhaps having some distant plans to start to live independently some day in the future. Whatever plans he may have had, it's so sad that he never got the chance to make them to reality.

I agree, I don't feel we should even be surmising about this, as IMO it is not a factor. And even if it was, IMO it is up to his family to speak on that matter out of respect for them in case they read our posts.

1) There are only two ways to get to the school parking lot for the meet up with Jason's ride...one is right past his church.
2) It is doubtful the police or Jason's parents considered that someone affiliated with their church could be responsible for Jason's disappearance.
3) JMO, I don't believe whatever happened to Jason was planned. I think it was possibly an argument which turned into a deadly accident.

Just my opinion.

1) There are only two ways to get to the school parking lot for the meet up with Jason's ride...one is right past his church.
2) It is doubtful the police or Jason's parents considered that someone affiliated with their church could be responsible for Jason's disappearance.
3) JMO, I don't believe whatever happened to Jason was planned. I think it was possibly an argument which turned into a deadly accident.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Which church did Jason belong to again? Was it the Holy Name Church?

If so, the Holy Name Church was literally just around the corner from Jason's home. It would've been a slight diversion but not much of one. Jason was last sighted by his brother walking down Bedford Avenue. Jason could've took a sharp right onto Fontenelle Boulevard and visited the church. It would also tie into the fact that no one else saw Jason walking through the neighbourhood that morning. For me, this suggests he was either picked up by someone early on or went somewhere nearby.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Which church did Jason belong to again? Was it the Holy Name Church?

If so, the Holy Name Church was literally just around the corner from Jason's home. It would've been a slight diversion but not much of one. Jason was last sighted by his brother walking down Bedford Avenue. Jason could've took a sharp right onto Fontenelle Boulevard and visited the church. It would also tie into the fact that no one else saw Jason walking through the neighbourhood that morning. For me, this suggests he was either picked up by someone early on or went somewhere nearby.

Has the Holy Name Church moved to another building? Now that church seems to be at the corner of Maple str. and Fontenelle Blvd. It's incredible, how the church workers were beyond all suspicions! Now we certainly know better than that. Did Jason's brother really see him walking down Bedford Avenue? I have always though that he last saw him walking out of their home at North 48. street. Perhaps I should take another look on the map... I sort of remember that from Jason's home one had to walk a couple of blocks on 48. street before get to Bedford Avenue. Rkentmar might be right – it hardly was carefully planned. Somebody may have had some thoughts about Jason and saw his opportunity. But who knows? This is so very haunting and frustrating!

Kind of makes sense that the church wouldn't have been too much on radar. His parents had no reason to think he'd be going there, so attention was naturally focused on where he would be: Fazoli's . Given the circumstances and miniscule time frame, it's hard to imagine someone from the place in the opposite direction of his path would happen to run into him... which is why IF it was someone involved with the church it had to either be with prior knowledge of his route or Jason going out of his way to stop by the church. This theory has a big "why?" factor to it though- why did he go there before work and risk being late for his ride?It really doesn't make too much sense unless he would have had a good reason in doing so, otherwise it could have waited until after work. Though this could be asked about any theory that involves him making a pit stop before the school. Personally I disagree about it not being carefully planned. If the perp knew in advance that Jason would be stopping by, I would think there was some planning involved. To hide evidence so perfectly requires some effort. Crimes of impulse or passion usually leave some kind of evidence behind. The only thing I can think of is if it was a spur of the moment thing then it was in a car and took place far away from his neighborhood.

I have been trying to find information about Omaha and Jason's neighborhood. As I have never visited Nebraska it is hard to imagine its atmosphere and people living in there. Of course, if there was some kind of pervert living there, it doesn't matter, if most of them were nice and friendly. How did that neighborhood look like in 2001? This is a photo of N 48. street and Bedford Avenue which I found. Though I knew, it was a residential area, this looks very country side, no?

It's my understanding that the neighborhood has gone through gentrification in the last two decades. From what I've read, it wasn't really a "bad" neighborhood in 2001, but there were parts of it that were run-down and in diserepair. When I looked at the area on Google Streetview several months ago, it appears that the houses on 48th Street and 48th Avenue are on large lots set quite a ways back from the road. Moving south and west, the houses become comparatively smaller and closer to the street. That alone doesn't tell us anythin definite about Jason's disappearance, but for the purposes of speculation, it does lend some credence to the idea that whatever happened to Jason took place early in his route or that he didn't follow the expected route at all. (We know that he wasn't seen on security cameras at Benson High or at Monroe Middle School).

This theory has a big "why?" factor to it though- why did he go there before work and risk being late for his ride?It really doesn't make too much sense unless he would have had a good reason in doing so, otherwise it could have waited until after work.

I don’t think it needs to be that much of a mystery. We know that Jason wasn’t originally working that day. He may have had plans to see someone from the church. Jason took the shift at Fazoli's instead and stopped by the church to inform them. Again, this could be the real reason why he asked to be picked up at the school.

It's possible someone from the church was involved, but in many of the known cases of improper relationships surrounding churches the aggressor (a person in a position of authority) will have multiple victims and somewhere in that string of victims the misdeeds come to light, even years later.

I don’t think it needs to be that much of a mystery. We know that Jason wasn’t originally working that day. He may have had plans to see someone from the church. Jason took the shift at Fazoli's instead and stopped by the church to inform them. Again, this could be the real reason why he asked to be picked up at the school.

Could very well be. But still can't figure why he couldn't just call and save a trip? Unless someone specifically told him not to

Does anybody know, if the police made any research in that church at Fontenelle Boulevard? I don't mean just people who worked there but the building itself. One could have easily hide a body in that building, at least for a couple of days. The police started a serious investigation only after ten days from Jason's disappearance. It gave someone a plenty of time to think, where to take a body from there. Sorry, I am very suspicious about church in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste