NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

Not sure about this. On another site several years ago, I did read an anecdotal account of someone who claimed to have seen JJ @ the gas station that morning. This person allegedly remembers JJ due to his clothes. I.e., JJ was allegedly carrying his work shirt/clothes & wearing his Chicago Cubs shirt when he was last seen.

Obviously, note that without any kind of video footage proving this gas station sighting either way - this is sheer speculation. But, without anything else to go on - all we can do is speculate.
That's the first time I've heard about JJ making it near to the gas station. If that was the case, then Jason would have more likely walked on Maple St, down from N 48th St (near the Church). That would certainly open up possibilities....but were cameras pointing down Maple St from the school, so if Jason did go that route, he didn't make it to the gas station I wouldn't have thought.

But that is actually interesting...because now I look at the map, if Jason did the route I attached to this post (route1.png), he could have had to go past the Church to get onto Maple Street (depending on if he was walking straight down N 48th St).

Maple Street is actually the more logical road you'd want to walk on; because Benson High School is nearer Maple S than Bedford Ave. hmm. On this route, you go past Fontenelle Blvd, which has the Church car park exposed. If someone was at the Church and offered him a lift...that could be a possibility, but we don't know if A) that's the route he did or B) he made it that far

I always found the neighbour's comment very strange - about Jason "walking towards Benson". How the heck would the neighbour know where Jason was walking towards??? you couldn't possibly know where Jason was heading. The only thing you could say with certainty was that; "I saw Jason walk out of the road he lived on". Just because you saw Jason walking out of the road you live on, you cannot possibly tell if he's walking towards Benson...UNLESS the neighbour saw Jason walk down Pinkney St, which would look like route2.png (attached to post).

If Jason did walk the route showed on route2.png, then I'm running out of ideas and would probably fall back on the "neighbour" theory, where a semi-random neighbour has done something.

Without knowing the exact route he would have taken, no witnesses, no clothing left behind/dropped, and no CCTV, it makes this extremely difficult.

Attachments

• route.png
    route.png
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • route2.png
    route2.png
    562.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
There's nothing suspicious about the neighbor. He, like everyone who has looked into JJ's vanishing, knows he was headed to the school as the main end destination to meet his ride for work. And the neighbor was no doubt in contact with the family right away and with LE 10+ days later.

Without knowing the exact route he would have taken, no witnesses, no clothing left behind/dropped, and no CCTV, it makes this extremely difficult.

Yes. And, note that even if we knew the exact route JJ was planning to take, that wouldn't help here - unless there were CCTV/Ring camera footage somewhere proving (or disproving) that he passed by a specific street at a specific time. And, it's obvious that CCTV/Ring camera technology wasn't really used back in 2001. So, without this our theories are just that, theories.

I.e., even if it was known that he was planning on going on a specific way ahead of time, that could have changed. He could have walked 2-3 minutes away from his house until he was out of sight of his brother/neighbor, and then immediately afterwards could have either gone into a house or been picked up by a car.

Last edited:
Yes. And, note that even if we knew the exact route JJ was planning to take, that wouldn't help here - unless there were CCTV/Ring camera footage somewhere proving that he passed by a specific street at a specific time. But, without this our theories are just that, theories.

I.e., even if it was known that he was planning on going on a specific way ahead of time, that could have changed. He could have walked 5 minutes away from his house until he was out of sight of his brother/neighbor, and then immediately afterwards could have either gone into a house or been picked up by a car.
Ring and most other home security cameras did not exist in 2001.
Even business and municipal cameras were far less common and recorded on much shorter loops back then before overwriting.
It's not surprising no video existed,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexandercombes
Back