NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm guessing on her route, but I'm thinking the coworker entered the high school through N 52nd St based on the direction she was coming from. But I'm wondering if the coworker looped around the parking lot to Bedford Av and tried to meet him en route or to see if he were walking up the hill. Or did she exit the parking lot the same way she entered? I would have looped around to Bedford, taking a quick look to see if he were nearing the high school before I left, but that's just me.
That assumes she would know which way he was=coming from. She might not have known that.

That assumes she would know which way he was=coming from. She might not have known that.
True. Based on what we were told about Jason not being good at directions, I'm assuming he originally attempted to give directions to their house and Bedford Ave may have been mentioned, before agreeing to meet at the high school. Since they both attended Benson, I'm also assuming they knew the general area, at the very least, the main streets which surround the campus, too.

I will admit I haven't read through much of this so if I'm wrong, please educate me.

Is it possible this was a lovers quarrel gone terribly wrong and that the lover was male. He's Catholic, which would explain being ashamed and keeping his relationship hidden. It'd explain the long walks. Willingly going into the person's car/house. Motive is passion or control related. Just some ideas, in no way fact.

I have been following the disappearance of Jason for quite some time. I have thought of every theory, scenario, and motive as to why or what could have happened to Jason, but I honestly believe the critical issue, in this case, was that law enforcement waited 9 days to investigate this. Yes, Jason was 19, but this is not normal behavior, and with that short of a time frame for him to disappear and no real motive for him to disappear of his own will, something is overlooked. Sure, a "thorough" investigation is said to have been done, but how thorough could it have been when 9 days have already gone by? Often, cold cases are solved by going back over the initially cleared individuals.
I do know that there has been at least one coldcase investigator who looked into this case, who I was told by enquiring has since moved on. I would luv to see this case gone over by a whole team of coldcase investigators, if that were only possible. If anyone ever sees a request for this by some retired LE team or another, I would surely request JJ as the one! Time after time in various online forums, his case is described as THE most bewildering missing person case ever, even an investigator has said so. I recall there was a tv show in recent years delving into past cold cases, this is the type of thing that would be great for JJ's case! I'm sorry for repeating these thoughts periodically, lol, but it is just such a frustrating case!

Last edited:
I do know that there has been at least one coldcase investigator who looked into this case, who I was told by enquiring has since moved on. I would luv to see this case gone over by a whole team of coldcase investigators, if that were only possible. If anyone ever sees a request for this by some retired LE team or another, I would surely request JJ as the one! Time after time in various online forums, his case is described as THE most bewildering missing person case ever, even an investigator has said so. I recall there was a tv show in recent years delving into past cold cases, this is the type of thing that would be great for JJ's case! I'm sorry for repeating these thoughts periodically, lol, but it is just such a frustrating case!
Unfortunately I doubt that it will ever get its own episode for tv. There's just simply not enough to go on, so the best airtime it could get was the short segment on Montel Williams back in '04. It'd be hard to stretch even 30 minutes saying he was here one minute then he was gone. No leads, no activity, no POI. But a cold case investigator could hopefully pick up the case.

Agreed. Though this JJ disappearance is one of the most talked-about missing persons cases out there (both on this site & others), I don't see this ever being featured on an hour-long TV show - like Disappeared for example. There's just not much to go on here.

Usually episodes like this have re-enactments of what they think may have happened re: the cases - which are typically co-mingled with actual film footage/pictures, etc.

However, in this case - other than a handful of pictures of JJ/his family; Fazoli's; the H.S.; and his neighborhood - I don't know what else could be included in an episode like this. Including some re-enactments theorizing what could have happened to JJ on his way to the school (i.e., like those we've discussed on this thread) would probably be irresponsible in this case....given that no one reported seeing him after his brother & the neighbor last saw him in front of his house - right before he left for work. I.e., it's one thing to discuss these possibilities online. However, it's quite another to explore these possibilities in a documentary series about missing persons that a lot of people will see.

Last edited:
Agreed. Though this JJ disappearance is one of the most talked-about missing persons cases out there (both on this site & others), I don't see this ever being featured on an hour-long TV show - like Disappeared for example. There's just not much to go on here.

Usually episodes like this have re-enactments of what they think may have happened re: the cases - which are typically co-mingled with actual film footage/pictures, etc.

However, in this case - other than a handful of pictures of JJ/his family; Fazoli's; the H.S.; and his neighborhood - I don't know what else could be included in an episode like this. Including some re-enactments theorizing what could have happened to JJ on his way to the school (i.e., like those we've discussed on this thread) would probably be irresponsible in this case....given that no one reported seeing him after his brother & the neighbor last saw him in front of his house - right before he left for work. I.e., it's one thing to discuss these possibilities online. However, it's quite another to explore these possibilities in a documentary series about missing persons that a lot of people will see.
I think a shorter episode, or a segment in a show similar to Unsolved Mysteries, might work. But I agree. There's not enough out there for an hour long/full length episode, but I'd sure like to hear firsthand accounts from his brother, the coworker who was to pick him up, the two neighbhors who saw him last, as I read there were two, and what he did in the days leading up to his disappearance. Like, when was his last regularly scheduled shift, prior to Wednesday, that sort of thing.

I think a shorter episode, or a segment in a show similar to Unsolved Mysteries, might work. But I agree. There's not enough out there for an hour long/full length episode, but I'd sure like to hear firsthand accounts from his brother, the coworker who was to pick him up, the two neighbhors who saw him last, as I read there were two, and what he did in the days leading up to his disappearance. Like, when was his last regularly scheduled shift, prior to Wednesday, that sort of thing.

It would not be wise for any of his co-workers to appear on such a show. There are already plenty of accusations against them online already. If they identify themselves, they will open themselves up to even more harassment.

Agreed. I actually don't see the co-workers willing to appear in a show like this - unless it's possibly anonymously & in shadow/silhouette with their voices disguised, etc.

In the past 2-4 years, in a news video clips about the case - one of the neighbors that saw him (right before he vanished) was briefly interviewed.

Last edited:
It is still my belief that Jason started walking and kept on going, not as a 'runaway', not as something planned, just the spontaneous act of one who may be a lot deeper and more complicated than possibly perceived, imo, speculation.

You think he may have spontaneously decided to just walk away, but not a "running away, " i.e. to "start a new life?"

(I can think of a few others things you might mean, but could we hear your opinion/theory? I may have had this conversation with you already in the past and don't remember...)

I'm guessing on her route, but I'm thinking the coworker entered the high school through N 52nd St based on the direction she was coming from. But I'm wondering if the coworker looped around the parking lot to Bedford Av and tried to meet him en route or to see if he were walking up the hill. Or did she exit the parking lot the same way she entered? I would have looped around to Bedford, taking a quick look to see if he were nearing the high school before I left, but that's just me.
I mean the whole point of meeting at the school was because she did not know where he lived. So I am sure she had no idea where he was coming from.

Agreed. I actually don't see the co-workers willing to appear in a show like this - unless it's possibly anonymously & in shadow/silhouette with their voices disguised, etc.

In the past 2-4 years, in a news video clips about the case - one of the neighbors that saw him (right before he vanished) was briefly interviewed.
Where is that interview with the neighbour? Thanks

IIRC, Jason's church (Holy Name Catholic Church) had a schedule in which various volunteers would offer continuous prayers in the sanctuary.
I remember reading in an earlier thread that Jason was often asked to "fill in" when others were not available for 'continuous prayer.'
My theory is that Jason decided to drop by the church on his way to the HS parking lot to let them know, in person, that he wouldn't be able to fill in that day (or that he'd be late).
There are only two ways to get from Jason's house to the school parking lot for the meet up with Jason's ride...one is right past his church.
IMO something happened at the church.
It is doubtful the police or Jason's parents considered that someone affiliated with their church could be responsible for Jason's disappearance.

My opinion only.

Where is that interview with the neighbour? Thanks

Here's the clip - it's from the 20th anniversary of JJ's vanishing (2021). It was previously posted on either this thread (#4) or the earlier one (#3).

Note "Interview" may be a strong word here; the neighbor just says a few words about JJ's disappearance.

Last edited:
IIRC, Jason's church (Holy Name Catholic Church) had a schedule in which various volunteers would offer continuous prayers in the sanctuary.
I remember reading in an earlier thread that Jason was often asked to "fill in" when others were not available for 'continuous prayer.'
My theory is that Jason decided to drop by the church on his way to the HS parking lot to let them know, in person, that he wouldn't be able to fill in that day (or that he'd be late).
There are only two ways to get from Jason's house to the school parking lot for the meet up with Jason's ride...one is right past his church.
IMO something happened at the church.
It is doubtful the police or Jason's parents considered that someone affiliated with their church could be responsible for Jason's disappearance.

My opinion only.
I'm not from the area, but according to Google Maps, I see several, more direct routes from his house to the school. If I'm reading the map correctly, and have the right church, the church is out of the way and would have doubled his time to get to the school. In her own words, the coworker told him he'd better be there, so he knew he couldn't make a side trip without missing his ride, or, at the very least, possibly angering his ride.
However, you may not be way off base. If Jason had time blindness, or a poor concept of time, he could have thought he had time to go there. Also, I appreciate you pointing out how close his church was to his house. I didn't realize that. It's certainly food for thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieleeds
Back