NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly said:
There is no inside discussion. I have no idea where this odd outburst from "MagnumIII" came from.

In answer to the original question, of course I would take him back at any age.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you speak of Hidalgo, TX, and swimming in the river. Jason has NEVER been to TX. I have been to TX, but it was 25+ years ago, before he was born. I have no idea where Hidalgo is located. Jason and I have never swam in a river together. I do not think he ever swam in a river, period, and I do not swim at all.

Your ridiculous "psychic" revelations have no place on this thread and are entirely inappropriate. Your responses while waiting for a response also seem rather cold. My faith is in Him, not those who mock him by playing "psychic".

I will be reporting your post.

Please do Kelly. I find this kind of stuff very offensive and insensitive.

Kelly said:
I just wanted to thank my wonderful online family for all the support given us in the past 5 years. We had the poster campaign and the prayer vigil at the park and I would say we accomplished the goals for this event and more.

At the event, people started showing up right away. Kinkos Copies at 71st and Dodge donated a giant poster of Jason, 500 B&W posters, 250 color posters, and 50 copies of the Prayer Vigil. If we'd had to pay for this, I'm sure it would have cost at least $300 or more.

You'll be thrilled to hear that we completed the postering of the target area of our neighborhood. The 500 posters were placed in an hour and a half! We also gave out quite a few of the color ones for people to put in businesses. We had Jason's button to give away, and I know that we gave out many of those, too. (I'm too tired to count them tonight.) We had coverage from 3 TV stations, and we were top story on one. I also had a radio interview.
Kelly,
This sounds like a lovely vigil. How wonderful that the community rallied to support Jason. It is surely a ray of light and hope! May your prayers be answered. Thinking of Jason and your family, as always. Jennifer

inquiringmindz said:
Kelly,
This sounds like a lovely vigil. How wonderful that the community rallied to support Jason. It is surely a ray of light and hope! May your prayers be answered. Thinking of Jason and your family, as always. Jennifer

That's a perfect description of the event: a ray of light and hope. I am renewed every time I drive down the neighborhood streets now and see all the posters placed, which were a labor of love.

My LE said he will keep me updated on any leads.

In other news, Valerie has extended the Pampered Chef fundraiser through June 26. At this time, we still are at one order in.

Gabby, your beautiful thread over at the Not Forgotten area was ruined by a very vicious post wherein a member played upon my heart in the cruelest way imaginable. He/she plays "psychic" on some other threads here and must have taken offense to my blog series on the truth of the matter and then lashed out at me. In summary, he/she said I have little faith and that Jason is dead. It's all so ridiculous, but it's also very cruel. I was so shocked that anyone would do such a thing here. I did report the post, but so far have heard nothing about the report. I don't want anything more said about it here, but invite members to indicate your outrage on that thread. Thank you.

Edited to add that a moderator has removed the offending posts...thank you.

Kelly
There may be a raincloud over my head, but God gave me an umbrella.

Gabby said:
While this has been posted on another thread, I would like for each of you to say a special prayer for the family & friends of Jason Jolkowski.. Tomorrow is the 5 year mark of the day that Jason was last seen by his family... This is a difficult day for his loved ones, and I know that they will be able to feel our thoughts and our prayers going out towards them and Jason... Everyone please pause for a moment of prayer that soon Jason is back with his family if it be God's will.

We love you Kelly and all the good work that you are doing in Jason's name. God Bless you and yours tomorrow and every day.

Gabby

Gabby, what a great idea!!!!

Kelly, I'm sending warm wishes and prayers your way.

emma l said:
Please do Kelly. I find this kind of stuff very offensive and insensitive.
you know, there is no time or place to put down anyone because their loved one has been missing for so long, this forum is a place to show our support to those that have a missing loved one and not to play " physic " there simply isn't any indication that jason has ever met with foul play or any other circumstances other than he is un accounted for and has been for so long. there has been several cases just discovered recently of persons that went missing some 20 plus years ago and have been found alive and well, I hold out any light of hope that jason is still out there somewhere, even with this much time gone by makes one think otherwise, but I feel he is still with us. sorry, but it is very offensive to make an open wound that much more open then to make such assumptions that jason is dead when there is not a shread of proof to support such claims. kelly is a wonderful person in my opinion and has done very well with such a horrible time in her and her families life. until information proves us wrong, we should all just support one another and keep the negative thoughts to ourselves. opinions are like our backside, we all have one. I am so surprised to find someone on this forum that thinks that someone holding out hope is insensitive and offensive, there is always hope, our faith keeps us stronge in our own beliefs. if you yourself lack either one of them, then I certainly will offer what ever prayers to you I can. myself and nearly ever other poster on websleuths have grown to know kelly and support her very much so.

dannyodie said:
you know, there is no time or place to put down anyone because their loved one has been missing for so long, this forum is a place to show our support to those that have a missing loved one and not to play " physic " there simply isn't any indication that jason has ever met with foul play or any other circumstances other than he is un accounted for and has been for so long. there has been several cases just discovered recently of persons that went missing some 20 plus years ago and have been found alive and well, I hold out any light of hope that jason is still out there somewhere, even with this much time gone by makes one think otherwise, but I feel he is still with us. sorry, but it is very offensive to make an open wound that much more open then to make such assumptions that jason is dead when there is not a shread of proof to support such claims. kelly is a wonderful person in my opinion and has done very well with such a horrible time in her and her families life. until information proves us wrong, we should all just support one another and keep the negative thoughts to ourselves. opinions are like our backside, we all have one. I am so surprised to find someone on this forum that thinks that someone holding out hope is insensitive and offensive, there is always hope, our faith keeps us stronge in our own beliefs. if you yourself lack either one of them, then I certainly will offer what ever prayers to you I can. myself and nearly ever other poster on websleuths have grown to know kelly and support her very much so.

Well said.
Kelly is a wonderful person. We love you Kelly!

dannyodie said:

You know seriously, responding to this garbage is giving it too much attention. Please just let admin handle it behind the scenes and let's just allow the positive notes to remain on the forum, ok?

Ya'll, please contact admin at any time should this sort of thing happen in the future. There is no place for that negativity on this forum. :)

Kelly said:
Gabby, your beautiful thread over at the Not Forgotten area was ruined by a very vicious post wherein a member played upon my heart in the cruelest way imaginable. He/she plays "psychic" on some other threads here and must have taken offense to my blog series on the truth of the matter and then lashed out at me. In summary, he/she said I have little faith and that Jason is dead. It's all so ridiculous, but it's also very cruel. I was so shocked that anyone would do such a thing here. I did report the post, but so far have heard nothing about the report. I don't want anything more said about it here, but invite members to indicate your outrage on that thread. Thank you.

Edited to add that a moderator has removed the offending posts...thank you.

Kelly

Kelly I am so sorry that happened. They will have to pay for this in the afterlife, if not before... Hugs dear friend and God Bless You.

Jeana (DP) said:
You know seriously, responding to this garbage is giving it too much attention. Please just let admin handle it behind the scenes and let's just allow the positive notes to remain on the forum, ok?

Ya'll, please contact admin at any time should this sort of thing happen in the future. There is no place for that negativity on this forum. :)

Jeana is right. Let's say no more about it. People like this do crave the attention and should not be satisfied in that respect.

I did want to say thank you to the members who posted and rallied behind me.

God bless,
Kelly

Kelly, I'm so sorry someone was so cruel. :( I think about Jason every day and say a prayer for him and your whole family. I don't post a lot because others always seem to say what I'm feeling, but I wanted you to know that ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelly said:
Thanks, T.

Happy 25th Birthday today, Jason, wherever you are.

Love,
Mom
Kelly,
My thoughts and prayers are with you today and will be for all days to come. Happy Birthday to Jason.... I'm sure that wherever he is, he knows that you are thinking of him and love him!

happy%20birthday1.gif

Happy Birthday Jason! Come home soon!!:woohoo: :HappyBday

Hi All, I am new to this site, as a poster that is, but I would like to commend everyone for coming together and establishing such an important website. Kelly, I truly believe there are no words, none that I can convey to you, as a parent myself that would be of any relief. I just commend you for your strength and perserverance. Never give up though I know you won't. Fight the good fight and you will win it. May answers come soon. You are in my prayers....

Welcome to WS, Magruff, and thank you for your kindness.

You are right in that I will never give up, not for Jason, and not for the others.

God bless you and yours,

Kelly

lilsister: Thank you and I am. See below:

http://www.kptm.com/news/local/3239911.html

New Alert Could Help In Search For Missing Persons

Scott Lea - KPTM FOX 42 News

A local group is doing its part to help find missing people more quickly.

Project Jason, named in memory of Jason Jolkowski, the Omaha teenager who went missing in June, 2001 wants a law enforcement to create a new classification (<<<not our wording) of a missing person. The group says they hope this new classification will save lives.

The plan is in police hands as of today, and it is already getting results.

Clicking through the Project Jason website, Kelly Jolkowski say she sees proof that more needs to be done to find missing people. "We need to do something, and this is the perfect thing to do," she says.

What Project Jason has come up with is a proposal to Omaha media outlets and area law enforcement.

It essentially gets television and radio station more actively involved with more missing persons cases.

"n the case of a TV station, they will start a crawl or a ticker at the bottom of the screen to give information about the person who is missing," Kelly says.

It's called a Project Jason Alert, modeled after a program used in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Right now, an Amber Alert can only be issued when there is proof that a missing child is danger. Under Project Jason, age doesn't matter.

Police would also only contact the media when the family and authorities are concerned about that missing person.

"It's something in between, too often nothing gets done," Kelly says. "We want to save lives."

The plan is already getting a good response. Omaha police say they are interested in the idea and will research how Cedar Rapids works. The Sarpy County Sheriff's Office says they talk about it on Wednesday.

"It makes us very happy we all want to cooperate together," says Melissa Harris, who spent the day taking the plan's details to rural police.

Project Jason leaders hope the special alert will keep recent tragedies like Amber Harris, Tracy Tribble and Jessica O'Grady from happening again.

"Even if it just saves one life, that's enough," Melissa says.

The Harrison County Iowa Sheriff's Department has also agreed to be part of the plan. In October, nationwide missing person experts will come to Omaha to train police.

*Watch for more news about the proposed Project Jason Alert tomorrow.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member