NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I don't think his height would necessarily be a deterrent for a random abductor, particular one who stopped and maybe talked to him and realized his disability. Besides, hundreds of young, athletic guys have vanished in the last 15 or so years, so it does happen.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I don't think Jason committed suicide. His body would have more than likely been found by now and the time/situation at hand before he went missing doesn't equate to suicide in my opinion: he was called in to work early; by all accounts, he gladly agreed to go in early, got ready, and left. I find it hard to believe that along the way he decided "well, now is a good of a time as any to kill myself," even if he had been thinking about it (which from what know about the case, I do not think he was).
Also, I don't think his height would necessarily be a deterrent for a random abductor, particular one who stopped and maybe talked to him and realized his disability. Besides, hundreds of young, athletic guys have vanished in the last 15 or so years, so it does happen.

BUT, I do not think it was a random abductor (though I do not rule it out so easily). I have always believed that for Jason to vanish so completely without a trace, it had to be someone he knew or was at least familiar with; possibly even someone in the neighborhood/along the route he was walking. And this case is extremely frustrating because there is so little evidence to go on, so all we can do is speculate.

i don't think a random predator would stop a guy who was 6'1 in the first place, though. it would be a whole lot of trouble to wrangle such a large person in a car in broad daylight.

most late teenage/early 20s men who have disappeared committed suicide or occasionally were abducted due to being involved in the drug world or something. these aren't usually random abductions by random predators. males who are abducted by predators are pretty much always younger and smaller. predators are strategic.

i agree with you that maybe a person jason knew stopped and talked to him and jason got in the car willingly. i still think it had something to do with bullying and jason's mom didn't really realize how bad it still was, or something. maybe a dare or prank that went bad. i just don't see jason as a viable target for random abduction

I keep going back to Jason's workplace. There were people who knew Jason would be walking alone that morning. I always wondered if there were more layers to this and that it could lead back to the workplace somehow.
I can also see a prank or bullying incident gone wrong. Maybe some kids saw Jason walking and something happened. I don't see this as a random abduction by a stranger. Jason is a grown man, but he was vulnerable. A stranger would not have known that.
I wonder if there are any local rumors floating around. Maybe someone's conscience is getting heavy after all this time.

With regard to violent sexual predators, they figure out ways to snag their victims -- tall or small, if it's someone they want, they'll give it a try.

With regard to violent sexual predators, they figure out ways to snag their victims -- tall or small, if it's someone they want, they'll give it a try.

how many tall, adult dudes have been snagged by random sexual predators though? can you list ANY cases where this occurred? males that are abducted by these predators tend to be young and small (if not children). sexual predators ARE strategic and more diminuitive abductees seem to be the preference, for obvious reasons--just review a bunch of cases and you'll see a distinct pattern.

i agree that nothing can be 100% ruled out, but statistically and logistically it is highly improbable that a random sexual predator abducted Jason.

I don't think Jason committed suicide. His body would have more than likely been found by now and the time/situation at hand before he went missing doesn't equate to suicide in my opinion: he was called in to work early; by all accounts, he gladly agreed to go in early, got ready, and left. I find it hard to believe that along the way he decided "well, now is a good of a time as any to kill myself," even if he had been thinking about it (which from what know about the case, I do not think he was).

BUT, I do not think it was a random abductor (though I do not rule it out so easily). I have always believed that for Jason to vanish so completely without a trace, it had to be someone he knew or was at least familiar with; possibly even someone in the neighborhood/along the route he was walking. And this case is extremely frustrating because there is so little evidence to go on, so all we can do is speculate.

You'd be surprised how often suicide victims aren't found, though. I mean, usually they ARE found but sometimes their body is carried out by a tide or picked apart by animals or somehow get stuck in an inaccessible/heavily shrouded spot and they are never brought back to their families. I can think of a few cases off the top of my head where people were clearly suicide victims but the bodies were never ever found. Men are also far less likely to be open about their depression and far more likely than women to go through with the suicide.

I agree though, that based on the fact that Jason set up for a ride and everything that suicide should not be the top theory. I definitely believe his disappearance is linked to bullying. Then aGain, we really know so few details about Jason's life and the area in which he disappeared

I went back and skimmed previous threads. Jaon's mom said the co workers were interviewed by LE and a tough PI. Nothing suspicious was found out by either party.

I don't think a tall, grown man walking through a residential neighborhood during the day makes a viable target for a stranger. Someone who knew Jason and knew he was a trusting person is much more likely.

I went back and skimmed previous threads. Jaon's mom said the co workers were interviewed by LE and a tough PI. Nothing suspicious was found out by either party.

I don't think a tall, grown man walking through a residential neighborhood during the day makes a viable target for a stranger. Someone who knew Jason and knew he was a trusting person is much more likely.

it could have been a bully or a bunch of bullies who said something like, 'get in the car now or you'll regret it later.' but yeah... there had to be some incentive for jason to get in the car... he had to have known the person(s)

i wonder if the bullies just intended to beat jason up and it went farther than they imagined.

i WISH some of jason's classmates would come forward. that is the key to solving this IMO. i just have no clue what his life was like. was he still being bullied? was it incredibly physical and intense? brutal? his mom said he had no enemies but if he was bullied in the past then obviously there were people who wanted to hurt him, emotionally and/or physically

i wonder if the perp knew his schedule or just knew he went to work in the mornings and was driving around, waiting for him to walk by?

perhaps this was unplanned, someone who hated him randomly came upon him + it was kind of a crime of opportunity?

Leilarose68,

To answer your question, yes, I can:

In addition to a number of sex offenders such as Jeff Dahmer, Gary Ray Bowles and Randy Kraft, there are cases such as this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/0...cused-chaining-and-sexually-assaulting-2-men/

It is unwise to think that only small boys are prone to being abducted, sexually assaulted and in some cases murdered. This is discussed in the link below:

http://www.livingwell.org.au/information/unhelpful-myths-about-the-sexual-assault-and-rape-of-men/

A quick check of behindthepinecurtain.com will also provide other examples of how people in positions of authority can take advantage of young men who were taught to revere and respect them.

Who knows who might have pulled up in a car and offered Jason a ride?

Leilarose68,

In addition to a number of sex offenders such as Jeff Dahmer, Gary Ray Bowles and Randy Kraft, there are cases such as this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/0...cused-chaining-and-sexually-assaulting-2-men/

It is unwise to think that only small boys are prone to being abducted, sexually assaulted and in some cases murdered. This is discussed in the link below:

http://www.livingwell.org.au/information/unhelpful-myths-about-the-sexual-assault-and-rape-of-men/

A quick check of behindthepinecurtain.com will also provide other examples of how people in positions of authority can take advantage of young men who were taught to revere and respect them.

am more familiar with the jeff dahmer case, but i'm pretty sure in that case, all the victims were all gay men that jeff picked up at a club or another place where one would find a gay hookup. in another post i was going to write the caveat of 'if jason were gay and living a double life...' then i might see him having been abducted by another gay man he might have flirted with or tangentially knew etc. as we all know, men are the abductors the vast majority of the time and a significant other or a rejected lover or something are always the top suspects
in the case you posted about the men being chained up, it says that the three of them knew eachother from a bar. i do wonder if it was a gay bar. obviously fox news wouldn't post it if it were + those things tend to be hush hush.

fact of the matter is, a straight, tall grown man being abducted by another man is very very UNLIKELY. i stated before that it isn't IMPOSSIBLE but it is highly highly unlikely apart from 1 or 2 random serial killers throughout history you cited. it is far more likely that a gay man frequenting the gay scene might be abducted because there is more of a tension, flirtation, accessibility and relationship there.

the fact that you could only dredge up a few examples of a grown straight man being abducted by another man should tell you how unlikely this scenario is. compare those few examples to the many more frequent reasons men go missing every year. compare it to the amount of women who are abducted by strangers... there is just no statistical comparison.

again, i am talking about the LIKELIHOOD of this occurring based on jason's demographic and what we know about him. the link you posted isn't really relevant here... of course random straight dudes can get raped by random strangers, but it is very unlikely. the source even confirms what i know which is that most men who are raped identify as gay and are raped by other gay men. that is not jason's demographic, as far as we know.

Leilarose68,

and anyway... WHY would jason have taken a ride if his ride was coming + it's not like he could alert his ride that he found another one... there were no cell phones. it was someone he knew, probably around his own age. that's the only theory that makes logical sense. he wasn't going to get into a car with some creepy stranger. there would have been no reasonable incentive for him to do so. i don't even think he or his ride was running late... why the heck would he get into a car with a stranger? even if the stranger had a gun or a knife i have a hard time believing jason wouldn't have run away or something once he sensed things were getting weird. i mean, also, this was broad daylight and jason was anything but diminuitive! his height is not the be-all end-all but you can't just neglect it when forming theories about random abductions. abductors generally aren't idiots; they are strategic

This young man vanished without a trace. I do not understand how you can be so sure that he did not take a ride with someone of ill intent. I did not dredge up information as you stated. Jason was a vulnerable young man. The fact that he is 6 foot 1 does not preclude him from danger.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ed-cop-to-sexually-assault-boy_n_1172557.html

No one saw what happened to him. Many young men have disappeared under similar circumstances, to wit, they were here, then gone. A quick search of "missing young males" provides this information.

I never said I was sure. In fact, I believe I have said several times that nothing can be totally ruled out. Grown men do go missing but rarely are they abducted by a random stranger. It's just common sense and statistics. It's unlikely given Jason's description, his demo and the circumstances under which he disappeared. That's all I'm saying. UNLIKELY, not impossible.

Jason and his family are never far from my mind. I pray this case gets resolved very soon.

Abducted in 10 -11 am, in the morning-residential neighborhood highly unlikely . Being a fairly large boy...it would be difficult. Bullies are they not still sleeping at this time in the morning??? For a neighbor to do abduct someone this would almost have to be planned.
A thought, is he realized he dropped something / or missed placed something in those garbage cans after the garbage truck did its pickup. He went after the truck and something happened at that truck that the operators did not see.

Abducted in 10 -11 am, in the morning-residential neighborhood highly unlikely . Being a fairly large boy...it would be difficult. Bullies are they not still sleeping at this time in the morning??? For a neighbor to do abduct someone this would almost have to be planned.
A thought, is he realized he dropped something / or missed placed something in those garbage cans after the garbage truck did its pickup. He went after the truck and something happened at that truck that the operators did not see.

Agreed.

I think a probable scenario is that a neighbour stopped Jason under false pretences (not necessarily someone he knew very well), perhaps asked him to help with the trash cans, and then attacked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc