CA Need advice on how to access TV news reports

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Smartnoggin

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the best course of action is to request news casts from CA in 1976-79? I’d rather not try and re-invent the wheel. Some are posted on You-tube but I’d like to see what else can be discovered. Will news agencies respond to requests? Thanks so much!

Can someone tell me what the best course of action is to request news casts from CA in 1976-79? I’d rather not try and re-invent the wheel. Some are posted on You-tube but I’d like to see what else can be discovered. Will news agencies respond to requests? Thanks so much!
Is there specific content in a particular location you are trying to find?

Have you tried any libraries? The CA state library or a university with archives might be able to help. Just be sure when you contact them to make sure you are talking to an archivist or librarian with an MLS not just any staff member.

You could try searching Worldcat.org using the advanced search tool & entering the call letters of the station then truncating by date.

Let me know if I can help further & best of luck!

Is there specific content in a particular location you are trying to find?

Have you tried any libraries? The CA state library or a university with archives might be able to help. Just be sure when you contact them to make sure you are talking to an archivist or librarian with an MLS not just any staff member.

You could try searching Worldcat.org using the advanced search tool & entering the call letters of the station then truncating by date.

Let me know if I can help further & best of luck!
Thanks so much! I’ll start there.

Might try here:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968