Need help with loading the original case here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bump

I remember when Nancy Grace covered this case for a few days. Always wondered what really happened to Hannah. I think about her still.

Hannah was last seen hanging out with other teens from the apartment complex...

“We’ve had several persons of interest that we’ve talked to that remain persons of interest,” [Sgt Dan] Franklin said...

“There was a lot of social media that she was involved in and she would tweet out that she was scared or she felt she had a stalker. All that stuff was investigated and looked into and it was more just teenage drama type stuff,” Franklin said...

[Detectives are] urging anyone with information to come forward, particularly about the man in a silver, four-door car seen around the time of Hannah’s disappearance.

“That is definitely somebody that we feel would be somebody that we need to talk to,” Franklin said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/hal...new-leads-in-hannah-truelove-murder/413417366

So Hannah was last seen hanging around with other teens near her apartment, LE think she willingly went into the wooded area behind the apartments with someone she knew, she was stabbed to death (so the killer brought a knife with them), LE have several POI, some witnesses are not co-operating, and LE are looking for a man in a beat-up silver car.

It blows my mind that the person who did this is able to live with what they did (provided they're still alive, of course). Also, the fact that they wouldn't have told someone something? Ugh!

There was a few tweets on her Twitter on the 23rd. Whether she was the one who posted them I don't know. The tweets were:

"I need to move out of these dang apartments"

Thank you for the reply. But those tweets were made by her between the 12 and 22 of August. That vehicle is pretty descriptive. Several years old at the time of the murder. Either it was bought new and was kept for several years,, or someone bought not long before the murder, say a year or so because it was older and cheaper. If I had to guess I would say it was bought by someone whom could not afford a newer vehicle and purchased a older one being cheaper and not in the best condition. Not implying the person whom was in the vehicle when seen was the owner. But perhaps they was. I am guessing any buy here pay here lots in the area, state would have reported selling a vehicle to someone that fit the vehicles description....Some witnesses said they say Truelove on Thursday night around 7:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. in the parking lot near the woods where she was found. I am not convinced that is true. I think she was killed sometime after that tweet.....
I need to move out of these dang apartments..

8:31 PM - 22 Aug 2012.......... No sighting of her on that Thursday except around 7-8 PM. Stalker in street terms does not mean automatic being male. But female also. I think the stalker she was talking about was female and not male even though i think i read they interview a man in the case.......I think she was killed by another young female, after going into the woods for whatever reason.

[video=twitter;238433243643396099]https://twitter.com/hannahtruelove/status/238433243643396099[/video]

Bump for Hannah. I have a feeling it was one or all of the teens she was seen with. JMOO Teens can be brutal when in a group. I wonder if the guy or girl she felt was stalking her was there in the group of teens that night. I hate seeing crimes without any movement forward. They just seem to run out of steam. I say re interview the kids from that night. They know what happened. IMHO

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...ying-gainesville-teen/xV7DGxEKcqtLeou0swRjiP/
[h=1]Cold case: 5 years later, no answers in slaying of Gainesville teen[/h] Sept. 22, 2017
She was discovered stabbed to death Aug. 24, 2012, near the apartment complex where she lived with her mother near Lake Lanier in Hall County
Five years later, police are still searching for Truelove’s killer and some motive in the case. They’ve gone back over the evidence using new technology in hopes for a break in the case.

“Hannah was a very unique individual in the best way,” her mother has said.

Read more about Truelove’s disappearance and stabbing, along with other cold case updates at myAJC.com.

Hi new member first post. Has anyone ever checked who her followers are on twitter? I think they'd keep going back to the scene of the crime so to speak. If this was indeed someone who was stalking her or otherwise obsessed they wouldn't be able to help themselves going back and looking at her pictures. JMO

This post is similar to some previous posts but with more information about the case of Hannah Truelove, a 16 year old female that was murdered near the Lake Lanier Apartments in Gainesville, GA. Prior to her murder, Hannah was seen in her apartment complex up until 7:30 pm on August 23, 2012. Some witnesses say that they saw her hanging around a manhole drain with some other teenagers. The next day, her body was found in a wooded area behind her apartments. She had been stabbed to death. Much of this information is easily accessible on the internet, youtube, and through her FB and Twitter pages. One working theory that the GBI and Police have is the Hannah knew her attacker and voluntarily went into the woods with him/her, due to no signs of a struggle.
Based on information taken from her Twitter account, many thought that Hannah had a stalker and this was the person who killed her. This information was proven false by Police and GBI and chalked up to teenage drama. I have looked over the same Twitter posts and agree with them. Even though they have not put out their own theories, I believe that in the week leading up to her death, Hannah was having trouble with a boyfriend along with trouble from an unknown female. Through her tweets she randomly posts about messing up the relationship and wanting someone back and it appears that she is trying to post so someone can see that she misses them. She then has a few posts where she is responding to some drama from a female that may have been trying to steal her prior boyfriend.
Shortly after all this, Hannah begins posting that she is scared and that she can't do something by herself and that her "tummy hurts". She then posts that she is getting a little tummy. These posts make me believe that she found out she was pregnant or at least wanted someone that was looking at her tweets, to believe she was pregnant. My working theory is that whoever killed Hannah:
1): Knew her
2): Met her at the Apartments on August 23rd.
3): Hannah went into the woods with this same person because she trusted them.
4): Hannah was murdered because she was pregnant or the killer believed she was pregnant.
Without seeing the actual police and GBI reports none of this has been confirmed but just based on her actions the week prior is makes sense. I would also be very interested in seeing the autopsy report to see where all the stab marks where. Many times a killer with stab a pregnant woman in the stomach and this may have been the case with Hannah too. The GBI has stated that they have suspects in the case and that they are working leads but it has been almost 6 years since the murder. Someone knows something and needs to come forward with their information. Anyone can reach out to me with information as I am actively investigating the case from the private sector.

Was there a trail in the woods that led to another apartment complex? Or, she might have gone into the woods to smoke pot with a friend. When I was that age we used to go into the woods to drink.

From the information that I read, the area behind her apartments led down to the lake. Not sure about any trail but I DO believe that she willingly went into the woods with someone she trusted. She was possibly with a boyfriend that may have murdered her because she was (or thought she was) pregnant...or a girl that was jealous. She had a recent spat on Twitter with an unknown female who may have been upset that Hannah was dating a certain guy. Without the police and GBI records it is hard to say or prove any of this but based on the information I have found, it seems the likely answer. Some of her friends are associated with the Gangster Disciples also which is a very well known street gang so it could have also been a initiation killing for a new member.

Dec 17, 2018
"A teenage girl is murdered just yards from her home in woods on the bank of Lake Lanier. A heavy rainstorm washes away much of the evidence and leaves investigators on a search for clues in this cold case. Producer: Becky Kellogg; Reporter: Vinnie Politan; Photograph: Pete Smith."

I sent an email to the original poster. I had a question about a boy who followed Hannah about a month exactly before and stopped tweeting on about 8/19/12. He had made the account in June 2012.

I only noticed because for my work I use Twitter a lot and have had stalkers and the posts about creepy people only started a day or two after that.

Why describe her as "at risk" but then refuse to say more?
Hi,
I am new here and am very interested in this case.
I know it remains unsolved , I know her father very well. AND know he needs a resolution on this.
I knew Hanna as a young girl.
Would you have any advise on how to get this case active again. Or can you point me in a direction.
Thank you for your time.

Bumping with this 2012 comment from article. rbbm
Wondering if anyone similar to HT has since gone missing? Stalkers do not give up imo, speculation.
0825Hannah_Truelove_VEEhDXh.max-752x423.jpg

Police issued this photo of Hannah Truelove, 16, on Friday after the teen went missing on Thursday. Her body was found Friday evening near the Lake Lanier Shoreline at the apartment complex where she lived.
Aug 26 2012
Police confirm body found is missing teen
''Besides speaking with acquaintances, police are investigating whether Truelove had a stalker based on a comment posted on a Twitter page that she appeared to use, according to Associated Press reports.''

I thank you and Jeff Truelove thanks you.

Cold case Hanna Truelove.

Thank you all who are responding to
my inquiry about this case. It took a long time to find this case in the websleuths cold case list. Now it as on the first page of the list. Wow, I am impressed.
Reading through the latest from the news, I found that the same Hall County Deputy has had this case on his desk from the start until now , see proof below.

My thoughts are that maybe a cold case unit could take the case with fresh eyes and new angles. Perhaps come up with some new leads.
I would like any feedback and or advice on how to proceed.
Thanks
D

Proof:

COLD-CASES
Author:Becky Kellogg
Published:4:08 PM EDT August 23, 2018

Updated:5:28 PM EST December 31, 2019
....“This is the spot where Hannah’s body was located,” Lt. Dan Franklin of the Hall County Sheriff
“The burden to get justice for Hannah is squarely on my shoulders and the shoulders of my co-lead at the GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations),” Franklin said.

Franklin keeps Hannah’s Nintendo DS close by as a reminder to always be searching for new clues in the case.

“I never forget about Hannah. I think about her every day,” he said.

If anyone has any information about Truelove’s murder, they're asked to call Hall County Sheriff at 770-531-6885 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS

From the article:
Hannah Truelove’s murder remains unsolved

Bumping

Came across the case after it was mentioned on a more current case. Praying for justice.
Do you mind sharing what newer case you were referring to. I'd like to read that case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back