Neighbor arrested by US Marshals - where do they take inmates?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LongLittleDoggoe

Reaction score
Earlier this morning, the US Marshal service swooped in and arrested a neighbor down the block. Of course I’m curious what this means (why US Marshals vs, say, local LE) and where I can look up information on charges and where locked up - for example the county lock-up or the Federal prison system, etc.

If anyone has ideas, I’d love to hear. Of course, if this is the wrong place to post, please advise.

The arrest happened in Texas, fwiw.

I’ve been looking through the website and did find the BOP inmate search. I guess I’m not sure what US Marshal involvement entails. Is it always a federal issue, or would they be involved helping on a state or local arrest? Also, could it tie into the severity of the crime. So many questions.

I think US Marshals assist local LE - such as constables - provide backup and support. Felony, involving guns or drugs. JMO

Good timing and looks like you are right. Just located the guy in the jail in the next county over. He got hit with a couple of charges:

BURGLARY HABITATION INTEND OTHER FELONY (AGG ASSLT-FIREARM

AGG ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON (FIREARM)

Apparently whatever went down happened yesterday. Must have been pretty serious as there was 10+ agents in swat gear. One of them was parked in front of our house for over two hours, obviously unmarked, before the arrest took place. My husband went up to the truck to see if they were ok, and the agent flashed his badge next to an assault rifle. Quite a day for us folks in the ‘burbs.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper