neighbors being questioned about handyman

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If this "handyman" was living in the abandoned home that was demolished, he could have had contact with the city inspectors when they came to the property. If so, he would know that the house was going to be boarded up and demolished.

This would be a reasonable explanation as to why he may have disappeared around the same time as Lisa...

Interesting idea. I assumed the house had already been boarded up. It has been vacant for two years, at least, according to the owner. Most cities have codes that require vacant homes in that sort of disrepair be boarded up and secured. It has been reported by the owner that he has not had contact with city officials regarding this property. I find that very hard to believe. I think it more likely that he has been ducking the notices and fines associated with this hazardous property.

If the "handyman" was using this house as a squat location, he would have seen all the stickers and notices that are posted on properties slated for demo.

If I recall the house was slated for demo, but not meant to occur on the day it did. The demo was moved up and rushed after the search performed on the well/cistern.

So if he moved on, he moved on prematurely. Most people who are homeless would not willingly leave a good squat til they had the next one lined up. Particularly with the nights turning colder as they are this time of year.

So either he found his next squat at a most coincidental time or he has moved on to warmer climes.

All of the above is speculation and simply MOO

I was under the impression that neighbors had mentioned the handyman/homeless guy. Did I miss the coverage where mom suggested him?

It was confirmed on Nancy Grace tonight that the handyman and the homeless man are one and the same. I wasn't 100% clear on that before. The owner of One Eyed Jack's was interviewed and confirmed that this man had come into the bar for a while, while he was living with a couple of people nearby. The others moved, and the handyman had nowhere to go, so he was kinda wandering around the neighborhood.

A local reporter on the scene said he talked to a neighbor about a weird encounter with the handyman a couple of months back. The men were in the park talking about getting jobs , and then the handyman pulled out a knife and began to cut an orange.

Nancy asked if there were indications that the handyman had been staying in the abandoned home that was searched and then demolished. The reporter at the scene said that it was possible, but no way to really know. No one was paying much attention to that house.

It was stated and repeated that LE has not located this handyman known as "Jersey", but they really want to talk to him. They want to know what he might have seen while out and about in the area and of course question him in general. No photo shown.

FWIW: Nancy thinks the idea that a homeless handyman would go into a house, steal no money or food and snatch a baby is far fetched.

It was confirmed on Nancy Grace tonight that the handyman and the homeless man are one and the same. I wasn't 100% clear on that before. The owner of One Eyed Jack's was interviewed and confirmed that this man had come into the bar for a while, while he was living with a couple of people nearby. The others moved, and the handyman had nowhere to go, so he was kinda wandering around the neighborhood.

A local reporter on the scene said he talked to a neighbor about a weird encounter with the handyman a couple of months back. The men were in the park talking about getting jobs , and then the handyman pulled out a knife and began to cut an orange.

Nancy asked if there were indications that the handyman had been staying in the abandoned home that was searched and then demolished. The reporter at the scene said that it was possible, but no way to really know. No one was paying much attention to that house.

It was stated and repeated that LE has not located this handyman known as "Jersey", but they really want to talk to him. They want to know what he might have seen while out and about in the area and of course question him in general. No photo shown.

FWIW: Nancy thinks the idea that a homeless handyman would go into a house, steal no money or food and snatch a baby is far fetched.
Wow! I agree with NG?????? What is the world coming to?

Wow! I agree with NG?????? What is the world coming to?

:great: I had the same thought while watching the show - I don't believe that the handyman is involved at all. I actually agreed with her on another point tonight too. A caller suggested that one of the boys had hurt Lisa or helped an adult to abduct her. Nancy (and her panel) all explained why they believe that to be VERY FAR FETCHED.

I was under the impression that neighbors had mentioned the handyman/homeless guy. Did I miss the coverage where mom suggested him?

I haven't seen any coverage where any person in particular suggested him.

Someone in that condition could also explain why all the lights were on.

Yes, but it doesn't explain why Mom or the boys didn't heard all the noise a person in that condition would make. Plus he's smart to take the phones, and agile to carry the baby out. He's just the all-around-perfect drunken homeless handyman. Doesn't even cut himself when he pulls out a knife to peel his orange.

Sorry, it's hard to know, he's so slick he got away. I have him included in my prayers - find Lisa, or find the handyman.

I'm just not feeling this handyman angle. I can't explain my opinion, but there it is anyway.

Sounds reasonable, Ricquelle.

When the cistern was being searched, I read somewhere that the lot was overgrown and bushes had been cleared several weeks ago. Who would have done that? Would it have been the city in preparation for bringing big equipment in to demolish the house? If so, seems likely anyone staying there knew he had to find someplace else.

Yes except he was missing before they searched the abandoned house and demolished it. Right after Baby Lisa was missing they had his picture showing it to people in the neighborhood.

Does anybody know where they got the picture of the handyman?

The major thing (we know of) that cries out, "Handyman!" is the fact he hasn't been seen in the neighborhood since baby Lisa's disappearance. That alone makes "Jersey" suitable for checking into, and kudos to KCPD for doing just that.

I'm just not feeling this handyman angle. I can't explain my opinion, but there it is anyway.

Well I don't believe there is any evidence he ever did any work for Lisa's parents. I think he was just someone in the neighborhood people believed was behaving somewhat bizarre, but there is no more evidence than that.

Did LE show their pic of the handyman to that couple that saw a man with a baby at around midnight? I'm sure they have. As MamaK asked, how did LE have a photo of the handyman?

Did LE show their pic of the handyman to that couple that saw a man with a baby at around midnight? I'm sure they have. As MamaK asked, how did LE have a photo of the handyman?
The cops know his name. They are familiar with him. They just don't know where he is at the moment. We might not even know for sure when LE does talk to him and he satisfies his whereabouts to them if the media does not get a hold of the 'story'.

The cops know his name. They are familiar with him. They just don't know where he is at the moment. We might not even know for sure when LE does talk to him and he satisfies his whereabouts to them if the media does not get a hold of the 'story'.

Since winter is approaching, and he is homeless, maybe he has gone to a state with warmer climate.

Since winter is approaching, and he is homeless, maybe he has gone to a state with warmer climate.

...or staying at a shelter, or with friends, or passed out in a ditch, or on a bus headed for Florida. who knows? :banghead: I wish they would release a photo of him and just state that he's wanted for questioning...

I also think that if LE was very concerned about his involvement, we would have seen his image published.

I also think that if LE was very concerned about his involvement, we would have seen his image published.

ITA
Are you getting a sense of how the community is feeling?
The reason I ask is because Ed Smart was on Joy Behar tonight and he is an amazing man who (he and family) went thru h3ll! It was a wonderful interview and very insightful and I'm gonna post the transcript when it's available. He says he understands what the family is going thru and must go thru so the investigation can go forth. But, he also said his community support meant alot to him and the family.
ETA-
Here is the link to the transcript w/Ed Smart and also Atty. Zellner and DAN AUSTIN, RETIRED NYPD DETECTIVE.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/13/joy.01.html

I agree. Imo, handyman came up when police were asking neighbors about anything or anyone hanging around the area. Maybe he was on the parents' list too for that same reason. LE should find him and see if he saw anything or anyone suspicious in the neighborhood during his wanderings (could be a good witness - probably had a lot of time, not working, to see things riding around on his bike). He needs to be officially eliminated and interviewed, imo.

I'm not counting him out 100%, but how far could he get with a large sick baby on a bicycle or by foot in the time alotted? The amber alert was issued quickly and LE was all over that area like flies on you-know-what.

And, IIRC, neighbors interviewed said they hadn't seen handyman since days BEFORE Lisa went missing.

JMO...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back