Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting parts of the transcripts stephsb :) It's extremely helpful!

I also found it really interesting that the investigators really wanted Brendan to tell his mom what he told them so they "didn't have to do it". What a sneaky a$$ way to get him on a taped phone call telling his mom things that they coerced him to say.

Thanks for posting parts of the transcripts stephsb :) It's extremely helpful!

I also found it really interesting that the investigators really wanted Brendan to tell his mom what he told them so they "didn't have to do it". What a sneaky a$$ way to get him on a taped phone call telling his mom things that they coerced him to say.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS omg I was like seriously!? I saw RIGHT through that little play. Then they could play that in court and be like "SEE?!"

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS omg I was like seriously!? I saw RIGHT through that little play. Then they could play that in court and be like "SEE?!"

I feel like the worst part of Brendan's interviews are that everyone else can see exactly what they are doing and what is coming, but Brendan is completely clueless. He has no idea what is coming and falls for every single one of their dirty tricks. The 5/13 interview was especially disgusting, how anyone could have any respect for these two after reading that interview, I have no idea. When they are carrying on their good cop/bad cop routine to try and coerce him into saying that he and Steven planned the murder (gotta make that first degree murder charge stick!) and telling him that "Teresa wants him to tell the truth" and "Teresa is watching and is happy w. what he's saying" whenever he tells them something they want to hear- ugh it is sick.

The Midwest Innocence Project just announced via press release that they are taking Steven Avery's case.

Kathleen Zellner and Associates will be taking over.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Irene Roedig, DOB 24 Apr 1935, was a 43 year old mentally disabled woman found naked and rope-bound in a residence at 1218A S. 26th St., Manitowoc, WI on Jan 22, 1980. She was one of nine children. Her murder is unsolved. A fire had been set at the residence, possibly to cover up her murder. Her parents were Charles and Irene Roedig who had farmed north of Manitowoc in the 1960's.

He was also part of a group, wasn't he? Young men + mob mentality + low IQ + showing off + alcohol = terrible things happen all the time. I don't think it's the same as a budding serial killer torturing animals in private, sober.

Was SA the only one charged/punished for this incident?

But if you were a cop and you were going to place it there to be suddenly found, would you put it out in the open like that, right on the floor?

It seems possible to me that it fell from somewhere , like from under something else that was moved or something. I just think that if it were planted, it would not have been put right there like that, causing people to wonder why it was overlooked previously.

It actually reminds me of a trick I pull on my kids when Santa hides the big present. Oh hey kids, grab that blanket and give it to me I'm cold...0resent falls out from under blanket...oh wow...where did THAT come from?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe anyone's wrote that they're "certain" because of his reaction.

Add to that that Jody had a BAC of just 0.02 !
So not even legally drunk! ( MAM eps, 2 16:56). It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Sandy didn't buy her a beer at one of dem dere many taverns, ( which Sandra Morris walks to of course.:angel: )

Your source doesn't state her BAC was 0.02.

Furthermore, according to Michael Griesbach, who was the prosecutor of her case, in his book The Innocent Killer: "Her blood alcohol concentration this time was a healthy .285— more than three times the legal limit— and it was the drunken driving charge that would net her the most time."

Just here to clear up false information.

The Midwest Innocence Project just announced via press release that they are taking Steven Avery's case.

Kathleen Zellner and Associates will be taking over.
You know, the way the distanced themselves when Avery was charged? And now, that he has all of these supporters? It's hard for me to believe they're actually doing it for altruistic reasons. Importantly, what about Brendan?

Your source doesn't state her BAC was 0.02.

Furthermore, according to Michael Griesbach, who was the prosecutor of her case, in his book The Innocent Killer: "Her blood alcohol concentration this time was a healthy .285— more than three times the legal limit— and it was the drunken driving charge that would net her the most time."

Just here to clear up false information.

It was a shot of her arrest paper work, and that's what was on it. I'll grab a screens shot if you like, or just Google her name for the paper work reddit has it.

You know, the way the distanced themselves when Avery was charged? And now, that he has all of these supporters? It's hard for me to believe they're actually doing it for altruistic reasons. Importantly, what about Brendan?

I believe this is a different "branch" of the Innocence Project" but I certainly hope that if they get Avery off Brendan's case will implode like a house of cards as a result anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given those horrendous press conferences at that time, I can see why they might have distanced themselves from SA not wanting to jeopardize other future cases?

This is what's shown at 16:56 in the series: http://imgur.com/g5jSZko

It's more likely that her legal limit was .02 (because of all her prior offenses).

Do you agree?

I think I see what you mean. Given that my OP was just a bit of light sarcasm about how the wife of a cop, (Sandra ) was probably not ever given a dui, (preferential treatment), in spite of her being an admited bar-fly, plus the fact that this has been discussed here, and it was revealed that Jody was most likely not allowed to have ANY alcohol, I really feel you have put way to much effort into a mute point, but I do stand corrected. I beg your pardon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper