Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But would you agree that law enforcement and the state has an obligation to investigate leads that are highly suspicious, just to have a fair trial and be sure we got the right guy ?

Would you want that, if that was you on trial for murder ?

What you mentioned are things that I put alot of weight on personally, and have taken heat for stating the same things.

But even I can admit that there is reasonable doubt given the investigation that had tunnel vision on Avery and excluded so many other credible leads.

We know it's fact that in his rape conviction they excluded the guy who did it, even though other law enforcement bodies were saying "we believe this is other guy did it, you need to look at him". Law enforcement purposefully decided to exclude that suspect. -- are you ok with that ?

So, yes, we all have our gut feelings and see the evidence. But shouldn't we be fair ? It's not avery's fault that now an investigation of law enforcement's handling of this case is likely the only way we ever see a real investigation.

Avery is playing his best card, which is that law enforcement is biased. There's alot of evidence to that effect. Who's fault is that ?

But at his rape trial there was not the DNA we have today that would have cleared him and that would have been that. So for me the weight of certain evidence has changed because of the times we live in.
So no, I don't think they should chase down insane leads to appease the public. I hate hate hate when there is a corrupt official because it taints it all for many people.. But evidence is evidence.
The logical thing is if this guy was wrongly accused once and incarcerated, And now there is another case against him they are going to be extra careful to make sure they have the right guy this time.

I just don't believe that cops were running around setting him up. I think he wants people to believe that but I believe he did this based on the evidence I have seen.
For me, The murder could have been as simple as bashing her over the head, doing whatever he wanted to and then tossing her body on a burning fire. That would not leave much evidence especially if he burned everything. And he would not need anyone's help.

:seeya: Very shortly, we will ask you to move on to Thread #3 in a new sub-forum -- Netflix Series: Making a Murderer. Coldpizza and I have set up a few threads, and it's a rather bare bones, work-in-progress at the moment. We'll continue to work on it, and eventually open it up for members to post new threads.

I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member