Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it redials the *67 part but I am not sure.

Interesting.

My phone does include the 141 (the British version) if I redial. But that is now, not 10 years ago when phones and tech were very different.

If it wouldn't automatically include the *67 then yep....a pocket dial or an accidental last number redial is a very likely explanation.

Me too - and there was blood in 10 different places? It looked like one was near the steering wheel - one on the door area - and wasn't one in the back near the rear opening? Was he just bleeding all over the dang car - was he wrestling around with her inside the vehicle? Why would he have blood up and down the car from the steering wheel to the back.

And leave no fingerprints....What area of his body was this blood coming from? Obviously not his hands as he must have worn gloves to prevent fingerprints. What other body part would be touching the car in TEN different locations?

Seems like severe case of someone over doing it to me.

One explanation people have come up with is that Steven could have been wearing gloves which were sliced through when he cut his finger - so the blood dripped out while preventing him from from leaving finger prints.

Hmmmm.

Firstly, the blood in the RV was not found on anything that could have cut him. So where is the blood on the sharp thing that sliced through his gloves and deep into his finger?

Assuming he wasn't wearing surgical gloves, then any dripping blood from his fingers was first coming into contact with wool or fleece from the glove...where are the fibres?

Secondly...he can't have been wearing gloves when he touched the hood latch. The claim is that sweat DNA was found there. There's no such thing as "sweat" DNA, apparently...because sweat is made up of proteins. What this must have been is touch DNA which is skin cells.

He touched something without gloves leaving skin cells, but no fingerprint? Not even a partial one? And his hand must have been bloody from the cut, so where's the blood? Unless, of course, he deliberately used his other hand because his right was all bloody.

Too many questions here....

I accidentally clicked on this thread earlier today - another about action being taken about dodgy LE in Suffolk County NY. NY Corruption at the top of the Suffolk County Police Dept Burke held without bail
The first post links another WS thread in the Long Island SK forum - the same county officials have been part of the official investigation for many years and have continually refused FBI assistance on the case ...

I accidentally clicked on this thread earlier today - another about action being taken about dodgy LE in Suffolk County NY. NY Corruption at the top of the Suffolk County Police Dept Burke held without bail
The first post links another WS thread in the Long Island SK forum - the same county officials have been part of the official investigation for many years and have continually refused FBI assistance on the case ...
Speaking of, a must see documentary regarding LEO corruption is "The Seven Five" (recommended by hawkshaw, who is a regular poster in the LISK forum).

[video=youtu;LBB7DolmQPY]http://youtu.be/LBB7DolmQPY[/video]​

Wow 200,000 people signed a petition to release SA after people watch the Making a Murderer!!

What about Brendan?
USA Today says there are two petitions. However, a quick google search reveals there are at least three petitions (two on change.org and one on the presidential petition site). It will be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of them.

I am guessing their lawyers will appeal. If so, I hope the appeals court vacates, at the very least, Brendan's conviction.

Aside: I admittedly consider the white house petition for a pardon to be, um... ill informed, as presidential pardons are generally reserved for crimes people commit against the federal government (Nixon's pardon, for example).

Eta ~ Dassey's appeals failed. His attys have now filed writ of habeas corpus in the federal court. (link) Crossing fingers.

Speaking of, a must see documentary regarding LEO corruption is "The Seven Five" (recommended by hawkshaw, who is a regular poster in the LISK forum).

[video=youtu;LBB7DolmQPY]http://youtu.be/LBB7DolmQPY[/video]​

Gawd I hate that Michael Dowd, a narcissist for sure, imo.

Brendan's "confession" signing transcript. (link)

Gawd I hate that Michael Dowd, a narcissist for sure, imo.
He's on twitter and even has a web site where people can contact him to schedule events.

Phlebotomist?
Nope. I'm a researcher in a laboratory that makes QA materials for blood-based tests. We use lots of blood and manipulate it in different ways to mimic disease states (mostly non-infectious metabolic disorders). Sometimes we're literally dealing with buckets of blood [emoji1]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I know it's a creepy question, and I apologize if it's already been asked and/or answered and I missed it but... any idea how long it would take to burn a body to the condition TH was found in a regular ole backyard bonfire?

According to this link, the burning process done in a crematorium takes approximately two to two-and-a-half hours but obviously those conditions are completely different. http://nfda.org/planning-a-funeral/cremation/160.html#long

So excited that I FINALLY had the opportunity to watch the first 6 episodes this weekend. My friends know what a crime buff I am and have been asking me for weeks now if I've watched. Let me start by saying I'm hooked, and I expected no less. You seriously can't make this stuff up!

Here are the things in the first 6 episodes that have me screaming:

1. The lying on LE side. There were so many interviews where those cops are almost literally squirming during interviews and in court. Their eyes are shifty, they don't make eye contact, they stammer/stutter, stumble over their words, omg I can go on for days. THEY ARE LYING! It's times like these that I wish polygraph exams held up in court, because I bet money that none of them would pass one. I still have quite a few episodes to get through but nobody has done a lie detector test.

2. Brendan Dassey. That poor child. He reminds me of my 7 year old son. You can tell he's not very educated and LE has totally taken advantage of that. He changed his story so many times....why? Because it's fabricated! You can't keep a lie straight if you are coerced by LE like that. At first he said Teresa was handcuffed to the bed, but then when he was forced to draw pictures, he drew rope and chains. HELLO!!! And when he retracts the murder story and gives the REAL account (several different times!) it's always the same exact story of him being at the house, etc.

3. The blood in unlikely places and lack of blood in places where there should be-- where's the blood on the outside of the RAV4? Where's the blood in the bedroom? How about blood anywhere around the fire pit? Was there any blood in the sinks, washing machines, etc. etc. etc.? Nope. Because it was planted there.

4. That damn judge. I would like to slap him for SO many reasons. First, why hold the trial in the neighboring county if every juror is from Manitowoc?? Because they're doing it on purpose. I 100% believe that judge is in on the gig. I think he's making it so Avery had no standing chance. Not one. The only times he did things to help the defense was small things, almost in a "let me throw you a bone" type of way.

5. Bobby Dassey and Scott Tadych......do they seem shady to anyone else?

6. Ken Kratz. I knew he was a skeez the minute I laid eyes on him. Also, why the dramatic re-telling of Teresa's death? It made me sick. He made it like it was out of a movie, which to me is very disrespectful.

Anyway. My theory is probably similar to others'-- Teresa finished up her photos at Steven's house, and LE met her (Colburn, maybe?) at the end of the street, stopped her and executed her. They then threw her into the back of her own vehicle, took her down to the burn barrel, then moved her remains to Avery's fire pit during that gazillion day search.

I truly hope the petitions get him a retrial. Not in the neighboring county, either. As far away as humanely possible!

I haven't watched yet(trying to finish season 3 of OITNB) but have been reading here. If he cleaned up ALL the evidence from the murder, burned a body to the extent it was burned, why would he have left the DNA in the car? Why not torch the vehicle and get rid of that? Or at least hide it better by crushing it? Right now, from my reading, that is my biggest issue with the continuity of the crime. Someone is going to go through these extreme measures of disposing of all the other evidence and then just leave this literally and physically HUGE piece of evidence? Doesn't make any sense!!

4. That damn judge. I would like to slap him for SO many reasons. First, why hold the trial in the neighboring county if every juror is from Manitowoc?? Because they're doing it on purpose. I 100% believe that judge is in on the gig. I think he's making it so Avery had no standing chance. Not one. The only times he did things to help the defense was small things, almost in a "let me throw you a bone" type of way.

Totally Agree!

If you signed one of the two petitions, it looks like you will need to sign a different one: http://www.vox.com/2016/1/4/10711150/obama-pardon-making-a-murderer

"But there's a problem: Obama can't pardon Avery or Dassey because they're state prisoners, and the president's pardon power is constitutionally limited to federal crimes."

Can't find a proper petition that has been started, if you are wanting to sign.

I haven't watched yet(trying to finish season 3 of OITNB) but have been reading here. If he cleaned up ALL the evidence from the murder, burned a body to the extent it was burned, why would he have left the DNA in the car? Why not torch the vehicle and get rid of that? Or at least hide it better by crushing it? Right now, from my reading, that is my biggest issue with the continuity of the crime. Someone is going to go through these extreme measures of disposing of all the other evidence and then just leave this literally and physically HUGE piece of evidence? Doesn't make any sense!!

Good point. Why didn't he burn the vehicle?

If he was so intent on getting rid of Teresa by burning her, why not stick her in the car and set fire to both?

Instead, he parks her car in his back yard (basically), hides the key in his bedroom, sticks her body in a bonfire outside his bedroom window in full view of everyone...AND invites his teenage nephew along?

I know that Steven can hardly be confused with Steven Hawking...but even so, he is not that flipping stupid!

Did SA ever give a reason for the *67 calls and/or has anyone seen it stated that SA's phone records show the calls ? Because we've all read it 100 times now but unless they are ON SA's phone bill, then anyone could have called twice. I 've just been assuming it was him, but do we know that for sure?

Oh I so agree! It was those little innocent moments when he came across as completely without guile and you could just *tell* what he was really like and that he didn't have a CLUE what was going on and that things were happening to him that were 100% wrong.

The ones that also stood out to me were when he asked if he would be through by 1:30 and the interrogator asked him why - and he said he had a project due in that afternoon class. Totally clueless that he was being framed for murder and not only wasn't going back to school but was never going home again.

Then when he was talking to his mom about watching "Wrestle Mania". These are the immature young boy ideas that were foremost in his brain at a time when his entire life was hanging by a thread.

There is NO excuse for an authority figure to take advantage of him like this! Where was his safety net? How could the appellate judges not see what we all see? Are they all corrupt?

The one that stood out to me, heartbreakingly so, is when he asked his mom ' what does inconsistent mean? '' and she replied ' i don't know '' .

Nope. I'm a researcher in a laboratory that makes QA materials for blood-based tests. We use lots of blood and manipulate it in different ways to mimic disease states (mostly non-infectious metabolic disorders). Sometimes we're literally dealing with buckets of blood [emoji1]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge . Your input has been really helpful.

Good point. Why didn't he burn the vehicle?

If he was so intent on getting rid of Teresa by burning her, why not stick her in the car and set fire to both?

Instead, he parks her car in his back yard (basically), hides the key in his bedroom, sticks her body in a bonfire outside his bedroom window in full view of everyone...AND invites his teenage nephew along?

I know that Steven can hardly be confused with Steven Hawking...but even so, he is not that flipping stupid!
Or crush the car?? Or nestle it among the 50 zillion other vehicles instead of conveniently leaving it on that ridge where it was found so easily??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member