Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That bullet.......that has got to have been planted, surely?

If that came out the back of her head then it MUST have come with hair, blood, brain matter and skull fragments. It MUST have done. Even if they were tiny trace amounts, there had to be something.

And yet there was nothing. They even dug up the floor desperately trying to find something and couldn't.

I am not a conspiracy theorist at all...in fact, I annoy people by refusing to give credence to their 9/11 theories, or moon landing nonsense....I even think that LHO was a lone assassin.

But I am certain there was a conspiracy here. Certain.

Doesn't make SA innocent, of course, but he did say it from the first moment...if evidence is found, it must have been planted.

Or maybe someone on the property just told him what they had done to her and he was checking on her to see if it might be true ? Totally devil's advocate , just saying it could be .

Hadn't thought of that! Maybe he was worried about her, even?

Hadn't thought of that! Maybe he was worried about her, even?

Or (you've got me thinking now) - he found her phone on the ground and called it to see if it was hers? Doesn't want to admit that because it might sound incriminating.

Hmmmmm.

Ooops. Answered myself.

A big thing for me is Averys d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bullet.......that has got to have been planted, surely?

If that came out the back of her head then it MUST have come with hair, blood, brain matter and skull fragments. It MUST have done. Even if they were tiny trace amounts, there had to be something.

And yet there was nothing. They even dug up the floor desperately trying to find something and couldn't.

I am not a conspiracy theorist at all...in fact, I annoy people by refusing to give credence to their 9/11 theories, or moon landing nonsense....I even think that LHO was a lone assassin.

But I am certain there was a conspiracy here. Certain.

Doesn't make SA innocent, of course, but he did say it from the first moment...if evidence is found, it must have been planted.

The bullet bugs me as well. I read somewhere (maybe even here) that a .22 caliber doesn't usually exit. So that has me thinking....since the bullet wasn't found until the 3rd or 4th search is it possible it was found among the ash with her bones because it was still in the skull when she died and then placed in the garage? Is it possible the fire destroyed the chance of it having blood on it but because it was among her remains it still had her microscopic DNA?

Of course this would mean that there is less of a chance to find blood in the garage and less for SA to clean up but why then would he remove the bullet from her burned remains and stash it in the garage?

If it did exit her body then there would be a lot of blood evidence that wasn't found. And the bullet would have blood on it.

Just another piece of the puzzle that doesn't make any freakin' sense to me.

ETA - I just answered my own question I think....SA was already being held in prison when the bullet was found. So he wouldn't have found it among her ashes and moved it. So....yeah...the bullet. It's things like this that really really bug me and create reasonable doubt.

A big thing for me is Averys d

OMG I can't to see what the intended post was supposed to be but this typo/mispost is FREAKING AMAZING AND HILARIOUS OMG

Hey guys.. Yesterday (?) I added 3 pics of the ex-boyfriends hand with some wounds on it. I don't see that post now. Just wondering if it got deleted (did I break a rule)?

I've been gone from WS for over 2 years, but this topic brought me back. I am saddened that so many people watched this documentary and came to the conclusion that Steven Avery was framed by Law Enforcement. I understand how people can believe he is innocent from watching this series. I won't call it a documentary even since it is more a propaganda film. It is a one-sided, cherry picked, heavily edited movie presented without all facts or evidence of the case. It's very frustrating to those of us who have read actual court transcripts that show who this man really is.

I've been gone from WS for over 2 years, but this topic brought me back. I am saddened that so many people watched this documentary and came to the conclusion that Steven Avery was framed by Law Enforcement. I understand how people can believe he is innocent from watching this series. I won't call it a documentary even since it is more a propaganda film. It is a one-sided, cherry picked, heavily edited movie presented without all facts or evidence of the case. It's very frustrating to those of us who have read actual court transcripts that show who this man really is.

Putting his guilt/innocence aside, what are your thoughts on the way LE handled the leads and investigation as a whole? Do you feel they did a THOROUGH investigation into all available persons of interest?

BBM: You aren't the only one who has read the court documents. Many of us have done the same.

Who would you say SA "really is?" Would you agree or disagree with the doc-makers and many posters that, independently of SA's guilt or innocence, this was a (deeply) flawed prosecution of both SA and BD?

I would agree with those commentators who have focused on the systemic problems highlighted through this case, rather than looking at the doc as a propaganda piece on behalf of SA. Should the state get a pass on running a poor investigation, possibly planting evidence, sanctioning what IMO was the spurious prosecution of BD?

best,

s

Well, the jury had more information than any poster on a forum...and a) initially the majority voted to acquit and b) he was found not guilty of burning/mutilating the body....the clearest possible sign that they had a big, big problem with some of the evidence.

So, I am sorry that you are feeling sad - but I seriously refute your contention that this documentary was heavily one-sided and cherry picked. It was trying to show a broken system, and it did. The possible guilt/innocence of Brendan and Steve was a side issue.

Lots of people at the time were not persuaded by the evidence...including Brian whose blog we refer to. He watched it in real time and was appalled at pretty much everything.

As with almost any case, there can always be improvement in an investigation. Even with some of the mistakes that were made, I believe that Steven Avery is guilty. I don't believe that LE framed him...at all.

And, I never insinuated that you didn't read court files. I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular. I was meaning the hundreds of people who just watched this documentary and immediately said he was framed. I believe that those of us who have read the court documents (which obviously includes you) are able to make a more informed decision.

As with almost any case, there can always be improvement in an investigation. Even with some of the mistakes that were made, I believe that Steven Avery is guilty. I don't believe that LE framed him...at all.

And, I never insinuated that you didn't read court files. I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular. I was meaning the hundreds of people who just watched this documentary and immediately said he was framed. I believe that those of us who have read the court documents (which obviously includes you) are able to make a more informed decision.

It is also sad that so many people are trashing the doc without actually seeing it and reiterating the information given by the sex offending piece of carp of a prosecutor in the case!

So sorry about the accidental post. I had actually reconsidered the validity of what I was going to say and in trying to delete it I accidentally posted it. I was just going to point out that SAs demeanor throughout both trials was consistent. Steadfastly proclaiming his innocence. Never straying from his original story. Never losing his temper publicly. It's bad enough to have a case wrought with so much reasonable doubt and conflicts of interest in the first place. But to see the possibility of having It happen TWICE to the same man by the same group of people?!?! I mean honestly! In a normal case I think there is more than enough doubt here. But I feel there is a much higher level burden of proof than in any normal case. The first jury convicted him beyond a reasonable doubt and we know where that got him!!!

And as aside the original tape victim came out saying he wanted her to buy him a house and she thinks he's guilty. I say shame on her!!! Her testimony (I'll never forget his face) put an innocent man in prison for 18 years and he didn't even sue you!!! You even stated he wasn't aggressive in any way about the house just desperate mainly because of what you did to him (the man was now living in an ice shanty after spending 18 years because of you!). The least you could do for this man was to keep your big mouth shut this time!!! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji21]

The people who said he was framed said that because we watched it. ( read the transcripts, discussed the case ect...). These were not innocent "mistakes" made by LE. Thousands of people were not "tricked" into believing these two were framed, by some clever Documentariens skillful editing.

This is what I find so infuriating about the, "SA's guilty, evidence wasn't planted, Doc was biased" crowd; They never offer anything to back up this (imo ridicules!) claim, just some vague insinuation that they "know better than we simpletons who believe fake tv drama" .

OJ and Casey Anthony steadfastly professed their innocence from day one and I doubt if many of us believe that. Guilty people rarely say they are guilty. So him claiming innocence from day one doesn't really sway me one way or the other.

I wish I had access to more videos of these LEO interrogating suspects in other crimes. I don't know if this was the status quo within that department and how many people were railroaded into confessing to crimes they didn't commit.

As a homicide survivor, I am more than likely to side with LE, with some exceptions. I found the LEO conduct appalling as well as that of the first Defense Attorney and Investigator. I can only go by what I see on programs like "The First 48", where I have never witnessed LEO coercing a confession like what was done to Brendon.

IMO

OJ and Casey Anthony steadfastly professed their innocence from day one and I doubt if many of us believe that. Guilty people rarely say they are guilty. So him claiming innocence from day one doesn't really sway me one way or the other.

For me it was that plus his demeanor. OJ and Casey just oozed guilt, IMO :p

"The Truth Makes A Sound Like The Ring Of A Bell".

Did you hear that sound from CA or OJ? I didn't. They were all over the place lying. And you could TELL.

I DO hear it in this case from SA. (Just as clearly as it sounds markedly FALSE when listening to Kratz).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery