Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this verrrrry interesting...its an audio of Colburn's 11/3 call in on the license plate that clearly shows background voices. I will not state here what it sounds like to me, as I do not want to give anyone a preconceived idea before actually hearing it and forming opinions for themselves. Just a hmmmm moment for me.

[video=youtube;BwjuhDUmGjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwjuhDUmGjI&app=desktop[/video]

I am in a place with way to much noise to ever make that out, that place is called my life. I don't see that ever allowing me to hear what is in the tape. So I promise not to disclose if you send me your thoughts on what you hear. I will then opt out on posting opinions on what I think what the tape says . So people dont think I had my own conclusion . Pretty please?

I am in a place with way to much noise to ever make that out, that place is called my life. I don't see that ever allowing me to hear what is in the tape. So I promise not to disclose if you send me your thoughts on what you hear. I will then opt out on posting opinions on what I think what the tape says . So people dont think I had my own conclusion . Pretty please?
Do are we supposed to put what we think it said?
It's hard to make out,
at first I thought it was someone calling "Theresa!" But I listened again, and I think it was someone calling out. "Text her!"

Go ahead retry him. I think he will still be guilty because he killed her. The evidence is overwhelming.
But I really believe that BD should be free based on his own atty framing and setting him up. That atty should be disbarred if he is not already.. I could have done a better job for BD with my Law and order degree.

I don't think SA's case is all about BD. I think it is about the evidence that puts her there with him and him with her and her things.

360,000 disagree. Just saying. I live maybe an hour away so I feel I am familiar with the case outside of the documentary. And more evidence can also mean more corruption. IMO.

I found this verrrrry interesting...its an audio of Colburn's 11/3 call in on the license plate that clearly shows background voices. I will not state here what it sounds like to me, as I do not want to give anyone a preconceived idea before actually hearing it and forming opinions for themselves. Just a hmmmm moment for me.

I seen this on reddit... I think you and I hang out over there haha My only problem with this is.... now that we have seen the transcripts, that call was cut, the dispatcher actually says more (irrelevant things). Also... I have no idea if this is altered. I did hear what is speculated (I won't ruin it for anyone lol ).... but no way to tell if it was in his background or the dispatchers, if this is unaltered. I seriously question his call in of the plates, but I am not sure if this is real or not, if it is... it could be huge, right?

Ok, to me it sounded like "the car's here", but since I had seen other poster's on the thread I originally found it on stating that, I did not know if that had colored my perception of it. I wanted to give any listeners a chance to form their own opinion's. :)

[video=youtube;BwjuhDUmGjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwjuhDUmGjI&app=desktop[/video]
I listened to the call, and it sounded to me like he was calling from a place where there were people. If anything, the call arguably refutes the defense counsel's contention... that he was looking at the car when he made the call.

From the trial transcript:

The investigation determined that Teresa had three business stops on the 31st of October. Now, one of those were a person by the name of Mr. Schmitz; one of those was a person by the name of Mr. Zipperer. And the third and the last stop that she made late in the afternoon on the 31st was at the Steven Avery Salvage Property.

I listened to the call, and it sounded to me like he was calling from a place where there were people. If anything, the call arguably refutes the defense counsel's contention... that he was looking at the car when he made the call.

And I think it was meant to imply that others were there with Colborn (her family... her friends... other officers?) I think it could be in the dispatchers background, or it could be the result of cutting the recording? I was worried it was altered so I didn't share it here when I first seen it days ago ;-)

Lynn.

Hi Andy.

Can you run Sam William Henry 582. See

if it comes back to (Inaudible.)

Sam William Henry 582. I (Inaudible.)

All righty. You speak any Spanish there, Andy?

I just a call at the top of the list, is my on

call didn't call me back. If I want to get in

trouble, Andy, I get in trouble. You know, what

am I supposed to do?

Well --

My favorite one is in the city of Manitowoc. Okay. Shows that she's a missing person. And it lists to Teresa Halbach.

All set.

Okay. Is that what you're looking for, Andy?

'99 Toyota.

Yup.
That is from the transcript, DAY 7 Page 181.... I don't think we heard all of that? some of it doesn't even make sense (to me anyway lol)

Things I just read in the trial transcripts related to the SUV:

Nov 5, 2005

1. First "police officer" to approach the SUV after it was found and yellow tape secured the area was 4 legged canine, Brutus, a cadaver scent detection dog.

2. Brutus immediately alerted to the presence of cadaver scent, specifically in the back of the SUV/cargo area (from the outside he alerted).

3. All 4 doors of SUV were locked when vehicle was found. Battery was unplugged, both license plates had been removed, various pieces of timber and other stuff was partially obscuring the vehicle.

4. Crime scene techs were on scene but no processing of SUV was done. SUV, in its found state, was put on a flatbed truck and moved to the secure crime lab facility for processing by the CSIs.

5. Vehicle was found at the furthest point from SA's trailer (looking at an aerial view), and located right next to a car crusher.

6. No one knew what evidence might be in that SUV. All they knew when the SUV was hauled away was that Brutus had alerted at the back of the SUV and there was no body in the SUV.

Continued from SA Trial Transcripts

On Nov 5th:

1. The search was on looking for Teresa.

2. All buildings were searched (again, looking for an alive or deceased TH).

3. Additional canine search and rescue resources were deployed. Those additional dogs helped search all the vehicles on the Avery Salvage Property, all looking (sniffing) for Teresa. This search occurred throughout the night of Nov 5th.

On Nov 6th:

1. Additional human resources were needed to help search the yard and quarry.

2. On this day every vehicle on the property was opened up by one of many volunteer firefighters, with a police officer assigned to each firefighter.

3. SA's rifle was found on this day, 22 caliber.

4. Last recorded voicemail of TH found this day, dated from Oct 31 when she called the name and number she had been given ("B Janda"). TH did not know who "B Janda" was. TH left a msg on "B Janda"'s phone line that she would be there sometime after 2pm to take pictures.

5. Confirmation received from Auto Trader that SA called Auto Trader on Oct 31 around 8:30am, requesting TH to come and take photos that day. He obscured his number, gave the name "B Janda" as for who was calling and asked for "the same girl as came out last time."

On Nov 7th:

1. Initial tests from Wisconsin State Crime Lab on SUV indicate presence of female blood and also presence of male blood. They don't yet know whose blood has been found in the SUV.

2. SA's burn barrel was found near his property. It was very close to the red Dodge Caravan SA asked TH to photograph.

I have my headphones on and what I hear is a woman's voice saying 'urgent'. I was thinking at first it was his police radio? or could be someone in the office?

On Nov 5th:

1. The search was on looking for Teresa.

2. All buildings were searched (again, looking for an alive or deceased TH).

3. Additional canine search and rescue resources were deployed. Those additional dogs helped search all the vehicles on the Avery Salvage Property, all looking (sniffing) for Teresa. This search occurred throughout the night of Nov 5th.

On Nov 6th:

1. Additional human resources were needed to help search the yard

2. On this day every vehicle on the property was opened up by one of many volunteer firefighters, with a police officer assigned to each firefighter.

4. Last recorded voicemail of TH found this day, dated from Oct 31 when she called the name and number she had been given ("B Janda"). TH did not know who "B Janda" was. TH left a msg on "B Janda"'s phone line that she would be there sometime after 2pm to take pictures.

5. Confirmation received from Auto Trader that SA called Auto Trader on Oct 31 around 8:30am, requesting TH to come and take photos that day. He obscured his number, gave the name "B Janda" as for who was calling and asked for "the same girl as came out last time."

This is all in the opening statement correct?

Maybe he did not notice then?? And could not see all the places it dripped. I have cut myself many times and not noticed until I see blood dripping somewhere.

I don't see any crazy reason for it.. It seems like a normal explanation to me.

I watched the whole series, I took notes and I have a firm belief that this guy was totally shafted in 85. But this is a whole new ballgame and I think he used his past false conviction to get away with this one.

He is not the nice guy that he is playing to be. He set a cat on fire, He ran his cousin off the road. He had police to his house for domestic violence with Jodi and Lori. He is not a nice guy. HE is a guy who I believe killed TH and figured he would just say he was framed and get away with it. He started from day 1.. I think they are setting me up...

Yeah, Right.. He did this. He killed her and burned her. I believe that BD is the one who deserves the sympathy and concern. This guy is right where he should be.

I tend to agree.

I also think that Ms. Halbach's murder did not go down as proposed by the DA. Why?

Because the prosecutor was relying upon the coerced, and imnsho, orchestrated confession (ala Kachinsky emails) of a mentally challenged teen. A confession that lacked physical evidence to back up his description of events.

That said, do I think SA murdered Ms. Halbach? More likely than not. Why?

The necessary narrative to implicate a 3rd party leaves too many loose ends. These loose ends primarily involve blood evidence in the car and moving the cremains. Now, while I, personally, am of the opinion the cremains were moved from the quarry to the burn pit, I highly doubt LE or some 3rd party moved them to the burn pit to frame SA. Simply bc I do not for a minute believe he murdered her in his home or his garage.

I do however think that the two Manitowoc LEOs planted evidence. Primarily due to the paucity of evidence that was required to support the prosecutor's narrative. Importantly, a lurid narrative of rape, torture, execution, and desecration. And yet, the only DNA they found that even remotely indicated Ms. Halbach's presence inside SA's residence, was a single slug with a minuscule sample. So minuscule, there was not enough left for a retest when the lab technician contaminated it with her own DNA.

So, yes, I think at least one or both of the LEOs planted the key and the slug. Though, I tend to think the reason, if they did, in fact, plant both items, had more to do with tunnel vision and attempting to strengthen their case against Avery, as opposed to doing so out of malice or revenge (i.e., the lawsuit).

And, herein lies the crux of the matter.

To my mind and from where I sit... notably, nearly ten years later as opposed to having had a front row seat during the trial proceedings... I think a mistrial (as opposed to a not guilty verdict), at the very least, would have been appropriate. Thereby allowing the state to retry the case.

Of course, all this is nothing more than speculation. After all, both men were convicted and sentenced. I wasn't there. And as such, I tend to be much more interested in the process as opposed to the whodunnit.

On Nov 8th

1. Search for possible evidence.

2. Toyota key was found in SA trailer

3. Crumpled plates found in a station wagon (those plates belonged to TH).

4. Burn pit found and was being guarded by SA's German Shephard dog. Dog was aggressive and would not allow any person or search canine anywhere near that pit.

On Nov 9th

1. Anthropologist examines the burn pit and finds numerous bone fragments, determines them to be adult female.

2. Tibia (bone) found with some tissue still attached.

Note: Tests were later done on that tissue to identify if it was TH (it was). TH DNA profile was developed from a PAP test she had done. That DNA matched tissue on the tibia as well as on the can of coke that was in the cup holder in her SUV. The female blood in the cargo area matched to TH DNA as well.

3. Male blood analyzed and DNA profile was obtained. That blood matched SA.

4. Deep cut on SA's right middle finger was noted and photographed.

Could the background noise be from in the department itself? Just cause there is something in the background doesn't mean we can pin point it came from his end of the phone call or hers.

On Nov 8th

1. Search for possible evidence.

2. Toyota key was found in SA trailer

3. Crumpled plates found in a station wagon (those plates belonged to TH).

4. Burn pit found and was being guarded by SA's German Shephard dog. Dog was aggressive and would not allow any person or search canine anywhere near that pit.

On Nov 9th

1. Anthropologist examines the burn pit and finds numerous bone fragments, determines them to be adult female.

2. Tibia (bone) found with some tissue still attached.

Note: Tests were later done on that tissue to identify if it was TH (it was). TH DNA profile was developed from a PAP test she had done. That DNA matched tissue on the tibia as well as on the can of coke that was in the cup holder in her SUV. The female blood in the cargo area matched to TH DNA as well.

3. Male blood analyzed and DNA profile was obtained. That blood matched SA.

4. Deep cut on SA's right middle finger was noted and photographed.

It's the states JOB to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. of course all their witnesses will be called to do just this for the state. However there is another half of this case. Where the defense calls question to the states case. The testimony, the photographic evidence and the reports. The defense is to poke holes in the states version of the truth. To call into question if those witness are credible and reliable, does their testimony match the reported evidence and photo evidence. In this case the defense did a heck of job doing so. I do believe some of the states evidence, however the evidence that is not circumstantial is very much in question. His Blood, Her Key and the Bullet. I would not one someone who is not willing to even look or accept any of the rebuttal from the defense. I would not want someone without common sense on my case. One that don't even need to hear the defenses rebuttals or evidence. Have decided just with the prosecutions media coverage. Why not just let the prosecution present their case and then decide on guilt. Forget the defendant at all defending themselves. No why have a trial at all. arrest them hang them and ask questions later. Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me. That is not the kind of small minded people I would want to be serving on an jury I was facing.

The opening of KK states hes doing MCo. a FAVOR by being a special prosecutor. What exactly does that mean. I thought he was special prosecutor cause MCo. publicly recused themselves. He also states how Judge F. thinks is appropriate that Calumet county take the Lead on the case. Yet that judge did not also recuse himself from the case of BD the co defendant of SA's case. The Judge W who also did not step down from their duties and hand them to Calumet. These judges may not have been named directly in the lawsuit that SA filed, but he filed it against the County in a WHOLE. Anyone who worked for that county should have been excluded from the case once they found out he was one of the last appointment Teresa had that day. That alone makes the states case unable to be proven as truth. He wants to excuse it because it helps his case. But as American people we should not excuse it. All the people involved in presenting the states case had a responsibility to present it without a conflict of interest or the appearance of one. Only in the media would they do this. They did not avoid the APPEARANCE even of conflict of interest. Those officers are the Appearance even if they did not plant the evidence. That mistake lies on the state and the many key figures who should have known better. They all should be ashamed of themselves. Even if they were not directly in on any wrong doing they were all apart of allowing it to appear that there was a conflict. Which makes them equally guilty in my opinion. Omission is a lie in my opinion.

Maybe instead of petitioning for SA and BD to be pardoned. Why don't we Petition for the Whole State of Wisconsin's. From the DOJ all the way down to the Sheriff's Volunteers who served on a Jury they may not have been allowed on. Be investigated for Misconduct. For never investigating the, improper way Evidence is stored in the clerks office, to the tampering with the blood evidence. If found it was indeed not tampered with lets reprimand the person who DEVIATED from protocol in resealing that sample with scotch tape. If nothing else the way they care and handle evidence should be called into question. This also goes for the way they treated that poor murdered woman's bones. Teresa Halbach if nothing else deserved a better investigation into her death and better care in handing the case so the appearance was never there. Her Family deserves some closure into her death. And this does not give it to them. and it is at fault of LE. IMO

It's the states JOB to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. of course all their witnesses will be called to do just this for the state. However there is another half of this case.

I'm just laying out things I read that helps form the timeline of activities in the case. This is just information that may be helpful for those who might have questions about what day suchAndsuch was done.

Notice I'm not arguing whether any interpretation is true or not (that's up to the jury in the end).

I'm just laying out things I read that helps form the timeline of activities in the case. This is just information that may be helpful for those who might have questions about what day suchAndsuch was done.

Notice I'm not arguing whether any interpretation is true or not (that's up to the jury in the end).

Can I ask you this? Say you have a enemy, you don't even know why they dislike or hate you so much but they clearly do. Then your accused of some horrific crime, would it be ok for LE to ask your enemy to come and collect the evidence that jury used to put you away. Would that be something you stand by and trust that it was collected by your enemy without any biases?

Right.... but then you are misinterpreting some of these facts, from what I have read in the transcripts already.

These are from your previous posts.
On Nov 6th:

On Nov 9th

Nov. 6th
3. SA's rifle was not found that day... it wasn't hidden was it? it was above his bed and was there the first time they went in the house, they just removed it and took it into evidence that day.
4. Actually, this would not be her last recorded VM. She called the Zipperer's residence in the early afternoon when she could not find the house. (Day 2)
5. This is not as nefarious as it sounds. She had 3 known appointments that day, one was with Steven Schmitz, he also DID not call Auto Trader himself, a friend did and gave Steven Schmitz' address to go to for the photo's. (Also Day 2)

Nov 9th
1. Can you point me to which Anthropologist examined the burn pit. I have read the testimony of Eisenberg, the prosecutions anthropologist... she was not there, neither was the anthropologist that testified for the defense.... if there is another one that I have missed, I would be interested in reading that.

These are just things I have read already..... still reading, there is a ton of info that has been dumped in the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ