Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I guess I have formed an opinion that these interview are "on the record", but I don't buy that they didn't talk to him without any recording between his interview at the school the morning of 2/27 and the interview at the police department later that day. I am assuming that this comes from the interview on the evening of 2/27.

Has anyone found the transcript of the interview of Brendan on the evening of 2/27 at the motel ? There are 3 interviews that I know of that day :

Mishicot school - morning
Two Rivers police department - afternoon / evening
Motel - late evening and is mentioned in the dassey trial transcripts.

between the two rivers and the motel interview, likely during dinner time, Barb Janda likely tells them about the pants.

In the motel interview, based on the trial transcript, the detective questions Brendan specifically about the pants that barb mentioned and what he said, when she questioned him.

on 3/1 is when they recovered the pants from the janda residence.

So that is what leads me to believe that more conversation,probing, and "suggesting" likely happens when not recording. There is no specifics about that statement in the trial other than they "received information".

The same cleaning supplies are mentioned in the 5/13 confession that was suppressed because of the attorney not being present. Here's the context:

pg 786
"When he came back from the fire, he had put her on the fire, now you come back from the fire, or he does, what do you guys do?" -We start to clean up the blood
"What do ya use to clean up the blood" -Her clothes
"Any, anything else?" -bleach, gas, paint thinner
"Was there a lot of blood on the floor?"
(pause)
"In your estimation, was there a lot of blood on the floor?" -Yeah
"Did her, did her clothes get pretty soaked w. it?" -Yeah

pg 811:
"After it burns down, you take the shovel and the rake and bust up the bones, right? Is that what you said?" -Yeah
"And then what?" -Then we just waited for the fire to go down
"Mm hum" -And then we went into the garage and cleaned up the blood and that
"And how did you clean up the blood again?" -With her clothes
"Where is her underwear and her bra? Just tell me that. Where is that? Where is it? Is it at your house? Where is it?" -In some of the stuff that we used to clean up the blood
"Ok, so you clean up the blood w. all of her clothes..."

pg 838:
"Did he talk to you about DNA? About getting rid of the stuff for DNA?" -No
"Then why did he use bleach in the garage?" -I don't know

Regarding jurors....one of them was an "international recording artist" which made me very curious!
I was interested to find out who that was also. It turns out that the megastar was the dismissed juror that was in a local garage band, which makes me disregard his opinions during the later half of the documentary.

The Fox Hills Resort testimony was not recorded because the detectives had faulty equipment.

oh, forgot to even mention this, because it creates a clear beginning of the coercion by police.

In the dassey trial, there is mention of a first interview with Brendan and the interview is played in court by an officer who was interviewing him.

On 11/5 (sat), the police interviewed most of the avery family at the parent's cabin.

Quick note - in the trial transcript from the officer about Steve Avery's father riding around on a golf cart intoxicated and telling them to leave the property or he was going to shoot them.

Anyways, because of elder Avery kicking them out, the next day on 11/6 when the car was found they got a warrant to search the cars. Police pulled over Brendan and Blaine who were driving one of those cars. They did interviews of both of them IN THE COP CARS with a visor cam pointing back at them in the back seat.

So I really want to find that transcript because in the dassey trial transcript they just play it to the jury, but there is no transcript of the recording , just questions relating to what jury heard. So in this interview, there was already coercion going on as they were suggesting that he saw teresa go that day and they lied and told him she needed medication in hopes of him reacting. etc etc. Would like to see that interview because the defense cross examined this officer quite well. I believe it was on day 3 or 4 of the trial transcripts.

So all the way back on 11/6 there were officers that knew brendan might be a target for coercion. They will say it was tactics, but defense clearly illustrates they mentioned things before he did.

I tend to think they were maybe telling the truth and just suck at their jobs, even though it is convenient, because there is really no reason for them to hide any interviews, nothing can be worse than the "tactics" they were using in the 5/13 interview...if they were trying to hide things, I would hope it would be that interview, because it was one of the most coerced, manipulative, and leading interviews I've ever seen.

I'll check out the trial transcripts about the interview. I'm not surprised at all that they were already the one's mentioning things before Dassey as early as 11/5, virtually no evidence was introduced by Dassey ever. Some of the explanations he gives on his own make no sense. I can't even figure out what he's talking about. His statements are SO frustrating, because they were the evidence used to arrest and convict him, and that is just beyond sad. Virtually every single statement used in the probable cause statement to arrest Dassey was from his confessions, which were coerced. I don't understand how a jury could not see that he had no involvement in this at all.

I was interested to find out who that was also. It turns out that the megastar was the dismissed juror that was in a local garage band, which makes me disregard his opinions during the later half of the documentary.

Yeah. Me too, to be honest.

He seems a little too fond of publicity and who on earth refers to themselves as an "International Recording Artist" when they are in a garage band?

The same cleaning supplies are mentioned in the 5/13 confession that was suppressed because of the attorney not being present. Here's the context:

pg 786
"When he came back from the fire, he had put her on the fire, now you come back from the fire, or he does, what do you guys do?" -We start to clean up the blood
"What do ya use to clean up the blood" -Her clothes
"Any, anything else?" -bleach, gas, paint thinner
"Was there a lot of blood on the floor?"
(pause)
"In your estimation, was there a lot of blood on the floor?" -Yeah
"Did her, did her clothes get pretty soaked w. it?" -Yeah

pg 811:
"After it burns down, you take the shovel and the rake and bust up the bones, right? Is that what you said?" -Yeah
"And then what?" -Then we just waited for the fire to go down
"Mm hum" -And then we went into the garage and cleaned up the blood and that
"And how did you clean up the blood again?" -With her clothes
"Where is her underwear and her bra? Just tell me that. Where is that? Where is it? Is it at your house? Where is it?" -In some of the stuff that we used to clean up the blood
"Ok, so you clean up the blood w. all of her clothes..."

pg 838:
"Did he talk to you about DNA? About getting rid of the stuff for DNA?" -No
"Then why did he use bleach in the garage?" -I don't know

From my understanding if they used paint thinner, bleach and gasoline to clean up they would of created quite a volatile mix on the clothing and the garage floor as well as produce a synthetic form chloroform.

"When you add a powerful oxidizer like bleach to a powerful fuel like gasoline, you get a potent mix. It creates dangerously unstable peroxides, and if you light it, watch out for the big boom (particularly if you have it spread out over a large area)." http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_effect_of_mixing_bleach_and_gasoline

From my understand, paint thinner (acetone) and bleach creates synthetic form of chloroform

"did you know it's also risky to mix it with alcohol? Bleach reacts with alcohol to form chloroform, a chemical that could knock you out and cause organ damage.
Another chemical that reacts with bleach to form chloroform is acetone" http://chemistry.about.com/b/2014/05/08/why-you-shouldnt-mix-bleach-with-alcohol-or-acetone.htm

From my belief, if all three were mixed together on the floor and the clothing was used to clean up, it would be a very dangerous mixture that not only would cause an explosion (when the clothing was added to the fire) but also form an anaesthesia which would have probably had some noticeable affect on them.

Did Brendan offer any incriminating information 100% on his own?

Yeah. Me too, to be honest.

He seems a little too fond of publicity and who on earth refers to themselves as an "International Recording Artist" when they are in a garage band?

If that is true that he is in a garage band and portrays himself as an international recording artist, I can't even. lololol

I think this juror is beyond fond of publicity. I'm most bothered that NOW when this is getting publicity, he decides its time to come out and say that there were 3 jurors who never even considered the evidence and were set on Avery being guilty. It's a statement that is meaningless...he can't possibly know whether or not that jury was willing to consider the evidence because there were 17 hours of jury deliberations he missed. They found Avery not guilty on the mutilation of a corpse charge, so clearly they were willing to consider him not guilty.

If that is true that he is in a garage band and portrays himself as an international recording artist, I can't even. lololol

I think this juror is beyond fond of publicity. I'm most bothered that NOW when this is getting publicity, he decides its time to come out and say that there were 3 jurors who never even considered the evidence and were set on Avery being guilty. It's a statement that is meaningless...he can't possibly know whether or not that jury was willing to consider the evidence because there were 17 hours of jury deliberations he missed. They found Avery not guilty on the mutilation of a corpse charge, so clearly they were willing to consider him not guilty.

Agreed.

I laughed too.

Q: Mr ex Juror, what makes you an international recording artist?

A: Well, one of the 7 people who watched my band's YouTube video was from Kuala Lumpur.

Ha!

Did Brendan offer any incriminating information 100% on his own?

Depends on what you consider incriminating and what you consider on his own. I have been trying for the past few days to go through each statement from his probable cause statement and find out whether it originated from him entirely on his own, or from him w. prompting, or by investigators actually giving him information. From what I've been able to tell he introduces the following on his own w. little to no prompting:

-Shovel came from the garage
-He covered or RAV4 w. car hood, branches, and hid it (had been reported in media for months)
-Halbach was tied up and stabbed her in stomach (some indirect prompting used here)
-He saw Halbach's car by side of the road
-He thought Avery would "probably crush the car"
-Mentions rope was used

I'm sure there are other statements made that I have missed, but as I've said earlier, if there is any piece of that confession that you question how he got the info, I can almost guarantee investigators either told him about it directly or indirectly to get him to confess. The prompting used by the investigators is really, really sad.

Agreed.

I laughed too.

Q: Mr ex Juror, what makes you an international recording artist?

A: Well, one of the 7 people who watched my band's YouTube video was from Kuala Lumpur.

Ha!

My thought was that the media and/or DA said/reported that to add more dramatic effect to their narrative of the case.

Not sure if it's been stated yet, but the property is 40 acres. I looked it up to understand better & it said it's 1/4 mile on each side. I live 1/4 mile from a high school & I can barely hear the marching band or crowd at football games let alone if someone is driving a car into the parking lot. So there's no way he'd hear what was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonymous has posted Crime Lab Photos, as well as Pam's photos of Teresa's vehicle showing damage. The Wheel Well cover is missing and front light is in back of vehicle. A mechanic informed them that this damage was likely due to a tow rope or chain. If you are on twitter and want to see more info they have use #MakingAMurderer #Anonymous

Crime lab photos
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXWjYO7WQAEZRn_.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXWPAc9WMAAGW_Q.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXWPAYHWcAE0r-3.jpg

Pam's (who found the vehicle) photos

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXS3SE5UkAAogZg.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXP-W6IWMAEsCF4.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXP-W-_WYAA-FGN.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXP-T4qWwAA8eMB.jpg

Thank you for bringing that up Ringfinger. Now you see this as a "red flag" pointing toward guilt, whereas I see it as yet another indication of planting evidence...

"According to trial testimony it was William Tyson, patrol sergeant with Calumet County Sheriff's Dept, who took the swab from the hood latch, with Deputy Jeremy Hawkins assisting. Tyson testified that "on April 3 we [Deputy Hawkins and myself] were requested to go to where we had stored Theresa's vehicle. nvestigator Wiegert and Agent Fassbender had requested that we do DNA swabs of both door handles, interior and exterior, as well as the hood latch to the vehicle, and the battery cables..."
(SOURCE: Brendan Dassey's Trial, Day 2 - Pages 25, 125, 144)

How does one find SA's DNA on an easily accessible exterior area, such as a hood latch, and yet not find his DNA on the battery cables? That makes no logical sense whatsoever - again. To argue that LE would not or could not have done this is fruitile for me because we have Teresa's RAV4 key that possessed NO other DNA except SA's. It didn't even have Teresa's own DNA on it! THAT is 100% proof in and of itself that LE did and is capable of planting DNA when and where they chose to in this case.

I would have to agree that this is either another indication of planting evidence (corruption) or very inept group of investigators/police force. By reason of Common sense those swabs should of been done back in November not 5 months later and why over a month after Brendan's interviews. Her blood was in the car, so they know someone had to of moved the car. The battery cable was disconnected so they had to know that someone open the hood and disconnected the cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!