Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Defense question Lt. Lenk. Why didn't Lenk and Colbourn recuse themselves to avoid any sense of impropriety? Where was their sense of right and wrong?

In medicine, most of the time medical professionals do not treat immediate family members or even extended family members. This is so to avoid any impropriety or having skewed judgement or making an error when emotions are involved. Why not the same for LE in this situation?

Welcome Deeptoad!

Thank you!

This case has been haunting me since I finished the series last weekend. I'm glad to be here and am grateful for the thread and the information people are sharing.

I cannot say with complete confidence that Avery is guilty or innocent. But, it's blisteringly obvious that he was a 'made' man from the onset and did not receive a fair trial.

I wonder if there's a way to figure out where those cell towers are? And then maybe narrow down where the calls were from? Maybe certain locations could be ruled out?

It could also be someone potentially concerned for her if she had mentioned feeling uneasy/uncomfortable about returning to Avery's IMO

The feeling of uneasy/uncomfortable of visiting Avery from my understanding was what the DA put out in the media before/during the trial but when the receptionist recalled the event that was not mentioned. In fact that towel incident was not introduced into court because there was not enough information to verify the event timing and what actually happen.
One theory for that event is that she showed up early and he was in the shower thus why he answered in a towel, but the drama portrayed by the DA in the media and the court made it seem more explicit than it may have been.

If you read through a few tweets you find this is a hoax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know. I saw that after. Sorry, I was at a funeral today and couldn't correct myself. Apologies.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I'd like to add a little something regarding the State's idea that the RAV4 was 'waiting' to be crushed.

In fact, it would probably have been quicker for Steven Avery to crush the car than it would have been to locate the ludicrous camouflage items that were covering the vehicle. There was a subtle 'red-herring' offered by the prosecution that made us think it was not possible to do this immediately. Their claim was that certain items need to be removed before a vehicle can be crushed (petrol tank, fluids, battery, air conditioning refrigerant etc.).

Don't be fooled by this claim for one minute. These things don't 'need' to be removed before a vehicle can be crushed at all. The only reason these things should be removed prior to crushing a vehicle is for environmental and recycling purposes (and there are fines applicable if this process is not adhered to). What the prosecution failed to highlight was that crushing the vehicle with these items still intact would have absolutely no impact on the operation of the crushing machine and the it's ability to crush the vehicle.

I mean, are we really expected to believe that Steven Avery decided to hide the vehicle, rather than crush it promptly, because it would be unethical to the environment if he crushed it without first removing the recyclable parts?

Does anyone know when the cut on Steven Avery's finger was photographed? IIRC, it was his left hand, middle finger? Thanks so much.

It may be plausible that she had a car issue, SA had a look under the bonnet to help her out. He may have cut his finger in this time, explaining his blood around the ignition area and bonnet etc.

This may be why she was there so long

http://www.buting.com/Expert-finds-fault-with-blood-tests-in-Avery-trial.pdf

I am now up to Episode 9 and just watched the FBI guy testify about the EDTA. The blood vial was kept at seemingly room temp for years. I am not a chemist nor a lab tech, but I do know that the vacutainer blood tubes all have expiration dates printed on them. I have had to dispose of lots of tubes due to being expired. I don't understand how the FBI could definitively say that there was no EDTA found due to it never being present when it degrades anyway.

It may be plausible that she had a car issue, SA had a look under the bonnet to help her out. He may have cut his finger in this time, explaining his blood around the ignition area and bonnet etc.

This may be why she was there so long

If he cut his left hand, why would he use his left hand to start the car when the ignition is on the right? Good point that he might have helped her.

The reason why I was asking when the photo was taken is because that cut was well on its way to being healed.

On November 9, Avery was charged with illegal gun possession and taken into custody as the investigation into Teresa Halbach’s death continued. At the time of his arrest, Special Agent Tom Fassbender noted that Avery had “a very substantial cut” on the middle finger of his right hand

Looks like his left hand to me. Where is that picture? Unless the picture is reversed for some reason.

Someone linked a convoluted brian post a while back, and I can't find the post to quote it, but they were asking why it was "interesting" that the styrofoam box with the blood vial was positioned so that the tampered with side was facing towards the inside, bottom of the box. I would assume, he pointed this out because it would make sense to position it this way if somebody was trying to hide the fact it had been tampered with. At a glance, the box would have appeared to have not been touched.

I am curious about Mrs.Sturm, the women who found TH's Rav4. Isn't that TH's cousin? It seems to convenient that on a 40 acre salvage yard, she was able to locate the SUV so quickly and just so happened she was given a camera beforehand, plus she's a terrible actress. My question is, if Mrs. Sturm was told where the Rav4 was located, and she is a family member of the Halbach's, why wouldn't she go to them and explain to them what was going on. Why play along? Perhaps she wanted to be the hero that found the Rav4 and Teresa herself? Another theory I have seen floating around has been the ex-boyfriend and the roommate of TH. IMO, I think that theory could be far fetched, why would they want to harm her? And would they have harmed her and then called LE and advised them she was going to the Avery salvage yard and hatch a big plan to setup Steven Avery? Idk, it all seems to conspiracy like. What reward/outcome would the ex-bf and roommate get out of helping setup a man they have never met. I am sure crazier things have happened and I try to keep an open mind about things. I do think that Steven and Brendan definitely deserve new trials, lets hope 2016 is the year for that.

That blood looks like it was placed there with a QTip.

Also his nail beds look as if ,it he did murder TH ,her DNA would still be on his hands.

From what I have read, his bathing habits were not wonderful so he would have had quite a bit of her DNA left on him

Thank you!

This case has been haunting me since I finished the series last weekend. I'm glad to be here and am grateful for the thread and the information people are sharing.

I cannot say with complete confidence that Avery is guilty or innocent. But, it's blisteringly obvious that he was a 'made' man from the onset and did not receive a fair trial.

:welcome:

:gaah: Episode 5 will not load. Says a " loading issue''. #averybrokenetflix

I am curious about Mrs.Sturm, the women who found TH's Rav4. Isn't that TH's cousin? It seems to convenient that on a 40 acre salvage yard, she was able to locate the SUV so quickly and just so happened she was given a camera beforehand, plus she's a terrible actress. My question is, if Mrs. Sturm was told where the Rav4 was located, and she is a family member of the Halbach's, why wouldn't she go to them and explain to them what was going on. Why play along? Perhaps she wanted to be the hero that found the Rav4 and Teresa herself? Another theory I have seen floating around has been the ex-boyfriend and the roommate of TH. IMO, I think that theory could be far fetched, why would they want to harm her? And would they have harmed her and then called LE and advised them she was going to the Avery salvage yard and hatch a big plan to setup Steven Avery? Idk, it all seems to conspiracy like. What reward/outcome would the ex-bf and roommate get out of helping setup a man they have never met. I am sure crazier things have happened and I try to keep an open mind about things. I do think that Steven and Brendan definitely deserve new trials, lets hope 2016 is the year for that.

Remember the officer who called in the plate check on Nov. 3? And he knew the make and model of the vehicle? That was very odd in court, when he was impeached with his own voice on dispatch.

I believe the County LE found the vehicle on the property, but it would have been excluded because there was no warrant to search the property. They needed a way for a civilian to find it. I believe TH's family would have been willing to help out. I don't blame them - but I also think they would never admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08