Netherlands Netherlands - Huizen, WhtMale 1263UMNET, 20-50, burning torso, head+hands found 1yr later, Sept'05

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Mrs. Badcrumble

The North remembers
Reaction score
Couldn't find an existing thread for this unfortunate fella, so here we go:

1263UMNET

1263UMNET.jpg
1263UMNET1.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim; Cartier Belt Buckle

Date of Discovery: September 6, 2005
Location of Discovery: Huizen, Netherlands
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Mutilated, burned
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20 - 50 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 175 cm (5'9")
Weight: Well muscled
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar from an appendix surgery.

Identifiers
Dentals:Well-cared teeth with a few white fillings.
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Near the body a button of a pair of trousers, a metal tag, the Cortigiani brand (Italian brand) and a belt buckle, the Cartier brand, were found.

Circumstances of Discovery
The burning body (torso) of the victim was found in a wooded area outside the town of Huizen, Netherlands on September 6, 2005. A year later they found a head and two hands in Breukelen. Inquiry reveals that they belong to the body (trunk) which was found in Huizen.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Politie Nederland Opsporingen
Agency Phone Number: 0800-6070 Free Number
Agency E-Mail: info@lbvp.info
Agency Case Number: 05140611

Information Source(s)
Politie Nederland

Admin Notes
Added:05/19/2009; Last Updated:10/14/2019

Police shows 'head' murdered man
Following a murder case in 2005, the Gooi and Vechtstreek police ordered a reconstruction of the victim's head. The identity of the man has not yet been established.

ANP6 October 2008, 10:14
The Detection Requested program pays extensive attention to the murder case on Tuesday. By showing the reconstruction, the police want to enlist the help of the public to find out the identity of the man. With the identity and possibly new information, the investigation into the perpetrator can be continued.

In September 2005 the burning body of a man was found on a forest path in Huizen in Noord-Holland. The man's head and hands were removed. The body was charred. Almost a year later, in July 2006, a head and two hands of an unknown man were found in the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal near Breukelen. By means of forensic investigation it was fairly quickly established that the body parts belong to the burned body in Huizen.

The police do not by definition assume a settlement in the criminal circuit, but also take other possibilities into account, such as problems in the relational sphere.

Huizen/Breukelen is known about criminal activity...

Attachments

• 09AA81EA-3F83-4F43-A5B8-E6B4163791E5.jpeg
    09AA81EA-3F83-4F43-A5B8-E6B4163791E5.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 9
  • 997E4FF1-6051-4ACA-BF2E-E392E588B440.jpeg
    997E4FF1-6051-4ACA-BF2E-E392E588B440.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 9F30BF23-425E-45E9-8358-B5D05A416620.jpeg
    9F30BF23-425E-45E9-8358-B5D05A416620.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2E4C450F-44FE-4F50-982C-6D34DB64F4EC.jpeg
    2E4C450F-44FE-4F50-982C-6D34DB64F4EC.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 483A79B4-7D06-4004-9D16-CF66D352C047.jpeg
    483A79B4-7D06-4004-9D16-CF66D352C047.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 9
  • F94C8718-BEF6-4B98-9F05-5C207149F9E0.jpeg
    F94C8718-BEF6-4B98-9F05-5C207149F9E0.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 464BF08C-83B7-4C36-A65B-72A8D9D3AA18.jpeg
    464BF08C-83B7-4C36-A65B-72A8D9D3AA18.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 9
  • 07292864-8EE8-4600-8B63-31B70CFBB4B0.jpeg
    07292864-8EE8-4600-8B63-31B70CFBB4B0.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Rootje for all your work. I'm afraid this person can not be found in Namus. I found some new information. It appears this John Doe has probably ties to Colombia or Ecuador.

Nieuwe ontwikkelingen gruwelmoord Huizen - Gooisch Nieuws

There are new developments regarding a Gooise abomination murder from 2005. At that time a burning body was found in a cupboard in a Huizen forest.

The man, whose identity is unknown, was found September 6, 2005 in the forest at Crailoseweg in Huizen without limbs. Almost a year later, his head and hands were found in the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal.

Little known
Until recently, almost nothing was known about the man. He was probably between 1.70 meters and 1.80 meters, had well-groomed teeth, an athletic body and once underwent appendicitis.

New developments
Researchers have learned more about the victim through new technical developments. For example, he was probably between 42 and 45 years old and probably lived in Colombia or Ecuador until the age of thirty.

Cold case
Police are now transferring the investigation to those countries. It is only about finding out his identity, because the case is barred. This can change if an identity is established.

Tips
Call your tips on 0900-8844 or report it via www.politie.nl. Do you prefer to remain anonymous? This can be done via Report Crime Anonymous 0800-7000 or M-online. You can also send a message in your own language by email to: 14sors@politie.nl.

Thanks Rootje for all your work. I'm afraid this person can not be found in Namus. I found some new information. It appears this John Doe has probably ties to Colombia or Ecuador.

Nieuwe ontwikkelingen gruwelmoord Huizen - Gooisch Nieuws

There are new developments regarding a Gooise abomination murder from 2005. At that time a burning body was found in a cupboard in a Huizen forest.

The man, whose identity is unknown, was found September 6, 2005 in the forest at Crailoseweg in Huizen without limbs. Almost a year later, his head and hands were found in the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal.

Little known
Until recently, almost nothing was known about the man. He was probably between 1.70 meters and 1.80 meters, had well-groomed teeth, an athletic body and once underwent appendicitis.

New developments
Researchers have learned more about the victim through new technical developments. For example, he was probably between 42 and 45 years old and probably lived in Colombia or Ecuador until the age of thirty.

Cold case
Police are now transferring the investigation to those countries. It is only about finding out his identity, because the case is barred. This can change if an identity is established.

Tips
Call your tips on 0900-8844 or report it via www.politie.nl. Do you prefer to remain anonymous? This can be done via Report Crime Anonymous 0800-7000 or M-online. You can also send a message in your own language by email to: 14sors@politie.nl.
Thanks for the link!
Doesn’t NAMUS have South American cases as well?
Plus it’s possible that he lived in the USA the last 10 or so years of his life and they didn’t include the background on NAMUS. Just brainstorming.
He is white/Caucasian, so I don’t think he was born in Latin America. Maybe born in the USA, moved to Latin America, and then came back to the USA?
Do you think this scenario might be possible, and if yes, would they include the Latin American background in the NAMUS profile? Some of these cases have literally nothing to go on, not even a picture, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a lot more information that just isn’t on the site.

Namus has strictly cases of people missing from the USA or unidentified persons found in the USA. "NamUs is a national information clearinghouse and resource center for missing, unidentified, and unclaimed person cases across the United States."

In theory everything is possible but it's all about the likelyness of a scenario. He could have had ties to the USA but how big is that chance. It was probably a drug-related crime, a reckoning in the criminal circuit. Colombia is famous for his drugs, the Clan del Golfo is the biggest kartel and seems to have ties with Dutch criminals. Clan del Golfo: hét drugskartel van Colombia - Crimesite Please translate yourself.

Namus has strictly cases of people missing from the USA or unidentified persons found in the USA. "NamUs is a national information clearinghouse and resource center for missing, unidentified, and unclaimed person cases across the United States."

In theory everything is possible but it's all about the likelyness of a scenario. He could have had ties to the USA but how big is that chance. It was probably a drug-related crime, a reckoning in the criminal circuit. Colombia is famous for his drugs, the Clan del Golfo is the biggest kartel and seems to have ties with Dutch criminals. Clan del Golfo: hét drugskartel van Colombia - Crimesite Please translate yourself.
Considering he was white and not Hispanic, ties to the USA become a lot more probable.

Also, I emailed the police requesting more information on our UID, if possible. They answered with “I’ll need some more personal information.”
Well, sure, what do you want to know?
They want to know my address and how I found out about this case. Especially the address is a bit weird to me... why would they need that?
Is this normal? Should I give my address? I know it’s the police but I’m underage and why on earth do they need THAT? Name, email, phone number, sure, but address?

Also, I emailed the police requesting more information on our UID, if possible. They answered with “I’ll need some more personal information.”
Well, sure, what do you want to know?
They want to know my address and how I found out about this case. Especially the address is a bit weird to me... why would they need that?
Is this normal? Should I give my address? I know it’s the police but I’m underage and why on earth do they need THAT? Name, email, phone number, sure, but address?

I'm not sure if this is "normal", I don't see the need for it to ask. On the tipform with an unidentified case they only ask your name, phone number and e-mailaddress.

I'm not sure if this is "normal", I don't see the need for it to ask. On the tipform with an unidentified case they only ask your name, phone number and e-mailaddress.
Right?!
I asked why he needed my address. I’ll keep you posted.

Right?!
I asked why he needed my address. I’ll keep you posted.

And what was his answer? Maybe it has something to do with the fact you are underaged and they want an extra check of your credibility.

And what was his answer? Maybe it has something to do with the fact you are underaged and they want an extra check of your credibility.
He didn’t know I’m underage. I told him in the same email I asked him why he needed my address but he hasn’t responded yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221
Back