GUILTY Netherlands - Jos Brech, 55, wanted for murder, Vosges (Fr) winter 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'Gouden tip kwam van oplettende lezer in Spanje'

The tip that led the police in Spain to Jos Brech came from someone who had seen a photograph of the suspect in the Nicky Verstappen case in the media.
Peter R. de Vries, who assists the Verstappen family has been informed by the Dutch investigation team. He tells the NOS that the reader who recognised Brech immediately contacted the police in the Netherlands. " They considered that this information was reliable and took action very quickly."

Brech camped according to De Vries at a location 50 to 60 kilometers from Barcelona. "The Spanish police also reacted quickly. They checked whether they could find him quickly and then observed him for some time. When they arrested him, it was indeed Jos Brech."

The defendant in the Nicky Verstappen case made no statement upon his arrest. He would not have said anything at the police station either. According to De Vries, Dutch investigators will travel to Spain on Monday morning. "Then there will be a first interview with him. We are very curious to know what his attitude will be.

At the beginning of July, Brech came to the attention of the police and the judiciary after a dna kinship investigation. Wednesday his name and photo were made public, with the hope of finding him sooner. On Monday morning, the judicial authorities will provide more information about the arrest.

BBM

Moeder Bertie Verstappen stond te trillen op haar benen: 'Belofte aan Nicky nagekomen'

Mother Bertie Verstappen started trembling on her feet when the investigator in charge of the case called her this evening at 5.45 pm. "Come to Nijmegen, he said. Then I knew enough, they got him."

"I was texting with Peter R. de Vries about the hectic week when the phones of both of us started ringing," Bertie Verstappen tells to RTL News. The family investigator called her. "He said that we should come to Nijmegen, then I knew enough. They have him, I thought. There was no other option."

At 19.30 hours the family got into the car and drove to Nijmegen. Outside the police station, Verstappen put her arms around Peter R. de Vries. "Who would have expected that, so quickly' I said to him. The rest of the police team walked in. Dear God, we have him, we said to each other."

"Inside, part of the team was waiting for us. They told me that they had arrested Brech at 3.15 pm.
There was someone who spoke to Brech. This would have been a Dutch tourist who is in Spain. He had heard about it and thought it was Brech. He has informed the police. They then arrested him."

The family hadn't expected it to be so fast. "We didn't know if he was still alive or how long he could hide. This man can live on water and a fish he might catch.

The family has not seen a picture or proof that it is really Brech. "We only learned by word of mouth that it was him. But they are 100% sure of it. They are working hard on the DNA.

She said to her husband Peter, "We have kept the promise we made to Nicky. We said we would keep searching until we had him."

The last few days, Verstappen has felt as if she were in another part of the world. "This is so unreal. We have had to wait 20 years for this. Now let's hope he will talk. I hope I will get answers to all the questions we have."

Bertie Verstappen is enormously grateful to everyone who helped with the search. "I dare not name names, if I do, I am afraid I forget someone, but all those people who have donated DNA, who have been looking around, have called. I am so grateful to them. We have got him!

BBM

Moeder Bertie Verstappen stond te trillen op haar benen: 'Belofte aan Nicky nagekomen'

Mother Bertie Verstappen started trembling on her feet when the investigator in charge of the case called her this evening at 5.45 pm. "Come to Nijmegen, he said. Then I knew enough, they got him."

"I was texting with Peter R. de Vries about the hectic week when the phones of both of us started ringing," Bertie Verstappen tells to RTL News. The family investigator called her. "He said that we should come to Nijmegen, then I knew enough. They have him, I thought. There was no other option."

At 19.30 hours the family got into the car and drove to Nijmegen. Outside the police station, Verstappen put her arms around Peter R. de Vries. "Who would have expected that, so quickly' I said to him. The rest of the police team walked in. Dear God, we have him, we said to each other."

"Inside, part of the team was waiting for us. They told me that they had arrested Brech at 3.15 pm.
There was someone who spoke to Brech. This would have been a Dutch tourist who is in Spain. He had heard about it and thought it was Brech. He has informed the police. They then arrested him."

The family hadn't expected it to be so fast. "We didn't know if he was still alive or how long he could hide. This man can live on water and a fish he might catch.

The family has not seen a picture or proof that it is really Brech. "We only learned by word of mouth that it was him. But they are 100% sure of it. They are working hard on the DNA.

She said to her husband Peter, "We have kept the promise we made to Nicky. We said we would keep searching until we had him."

The last few days, Verstappen has felt as if she were in another part of the world. "This is so unreal. We have had to wait 20 years for this. Now let's hope he will talk. I hope I will get answers to all the questions we have."

Bertie Verstappen is enormously grateful to everyone who helped with the search. "I dare not name names, if I do, I am afraid I forget someone, but all those people who have donated DNA, who have been looking around, have called. I am so grateful to them. We have got him!

BBM

I am so glad for the parents, at least there is a chance to get some answers for Nicky after all this time ...
TBH, I was sure Brech was dead by now.

I am so glad for the parents, at least there is a chance to get some answers for Nicky after all this time ...
TBH, I was sure Brech was dead by now.

I am really surprised, I had not expected this. IMHO there was a chance of 50% that he was no longer alive. The other 50% .... hiding with anarchists, other friends or living on his own in the woods, but I had read somewhere that living like a bushcrafter for a long time will make you ill.

What has happened now, that he was recognized by an outsider, a Dutch tourist, seems out of the "ordinary". In the village in the Vosges where he came often, no one had any memory of him. In Spain he lived in the woods too, according to the Spanish press. If he was living in or near a deserted village as he intended to do, how come this tourist was there too?

Was the tourist another squatter? Or was he a hiker, possibly on one of the Caminos (Camino Catalán) to Santiago de Compostela?

I'm happy for the family too. I hope they get answers, there are still a lot of questions.

'Tipgever had contact met Jos Brech voordat hij verdachte werd' | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl

"Informant met Jos Brech before he became a suspect"

The man who informed the police about Jos Brech's whereabouts had already seen and spoken to him several times, even before it was known that he was suspected of being involved in the death of Nicky Verstappen.

The 46-year-old Dutchman, who wants to remain anonymous, told this to De Telegraaf.

The informant lives in the region of Castelltercol, where Brech was arrested on Sunday. "He was living in a tent in the woods, near a house that has been frequented by several people for years. It is a kind of commune, where I have lived for a long time too.

"I have seen and spoken to him once in July, and for the last time at the beginning of this month. He likes to live in nature, he told me. That's why he was there," he says.

"He looked neat, not feral or anything. He is otherwise a neat man.

The Dutchman says to have had a nice conversation with Brech. "But when the news about him became known, I got a feeling about it. I also showed a friend of mine his picture, asked him: that's the Dutchman we saw here, isn't he? He replied that he knew for sure.

On Saturday the 46-year-old man contacted the police and spoke for an hour with a detective. "Then, at one point, I was told: we are going to take action."

That was stressful, he says. Especially because he was afraid that Brech would smell a rat too soon. "I am very relieved that he has now been caught."

BBM

Policía Nacional on Twitter

Policía Nacional‏ @policia

1f4f9.png
Así hemos detenido en #Barcelona a uno de los hombres más buscados por Holanda desde hace más de 20 años. Presunto autor de la agresión sexual y asesinato de un niño de 11 años y experto en supervivencia, ha sido localizado en un monte cercano a Castellterçol. #EstamosPorTi

This is how we arrested in #Barcelona one of the most wanted men in Holland since over 20 years. Alleged perpetrator of the sexual assault and murder of an 11-year-old boy and survival expert, he has been located in a bush near Castellterçol. # We're HereForYou

Video at link

Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

Spanish police share images of the arrest of Brech

Video The Spanish police have released images of the arrest of Jos Brech, who is suspected of involvement in the death of Nicky Verstappen. He is called 'one of the most sought-after men in the Netherlands'.

The images show how the 55-year-old Limburger is pushed into a car on a dirt road by masked agents, with his arms handcuffed on his back. The images were distributed via Twitter. We've been arresting one of the most wanted men in the Netherlands in Barcelona for the past twenty years. The suspect of the assault and murder of an eleven-year-old boy, an expert in survival, was on a hill near Castellterçol', said the accompanying text. The movie lasts nine seconds.

Brech was arrested by a special team for fugitives, the so-called Fugitive Active Search Team. When the Dutch police got the tip yesterday morning from Spain that B. was staying there, the Dutch police alerted the Spanish Fugitive Active Search Team, which acted quickly.

The 55-year-old suspect was arrested when he went outside to cut firewood. Jos Brech was located in a deserted house on a hill near Castellterçol, the Spanish police reports. The investigation services suspect that Brech has travelled through Europe since his disappearance in February and stayed in abandoned homes. He may have worked in exchange for food.

Among Brech's properties, the Spanish police found many tools with which he could survive in the wilderness, such as fishing gear, a book on edible plants, dried food, boots and mountain clothes and all kinds of batteries. He also had his passport with him.

The police tracked down the man thanks to a tip from a Dutchman. In total over 1500 tips about the suspect were received by the police in the past few days.

Brech may be in the Netherlands this week. That is what Chief Public Prosecutor Jan Eland said today at the end of the press conference on the arrest of B. in Spain. If the 55-year-old man from Simpelveld cooperates with his extradition, he may be here this week. Otherwise it can take sixty to ninety days, according to Eland. That is the normal procedure. According to Spanish media reports, B. will be brought before the court in Barcelona today.

BBM

RSBM.

I think this forensic psychiatrist is giving JB far too much benefit of the doubt.

BBM

He did. The crime was not hands-off as he suggested, but hands-on. The file may have disappeared, but the man who arrested and questioned him, remembers the case very well....

Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

It was already clear that Jos Brech was involved in a sex offense case in 1985, as he confessed as a witness in the Nicky case in 2001 to the investigation team. It was not known exactly what happened in '85, the case file was destroyed according to the judicial authorities, much could no longer be ascertained.

But police officer Ton van der Vegt still remembers. "I arrested and questioned him," says sixty-something Van der Vegt to this newspaper. This week the detective immediately remembered, after reports about Brech and the sex offense case of 1985. When old photos of a young Brech appeared last weekend, it made the picture complete for Van der Vegt, who then worked for the national police force Beek-Nuth.

The young man he heard as a detective in 1985 must have been Jos Brech: It can't be any other. It was the only case of sex offenses in Wijnandsrade at the time. And I did that case, it concerned two boys from the primary school in the woods,' says Van der Vegt, then State Guard and temporary investigator.

Last week it became clear that Brech had already confessed his past - and treatment at Riagg - as a witness in the Verstappen case in 2001. From the statement by detective Van der Vegt it now appears that this was a case of touching the forest: I remember I was angry during the interrogation, like: "Boy, what did you do with those children? I thought: I'm going to teach him a lesson professionally. What I saw then was a pitiful, wretched little guy.

The 30-year-old investigator at the time no longer knows how the police traced Brech, who was then 22 years old. Van der Vegt heard him and forwarded the official report to the Public Prosecution Service. Despite a confession, Brech was not prosecuted any further, but was given a two-year probationary period. The investigator thinks that the fact that the perpetrator got off the hook is poor. That's not a punishment in my eyes. As a policeman, you work to ensure that someone is always punished for his actions.

BBM

Last edited:
Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

Here Jos Brech stayed since the end of May. In a hammock between two trees, by a campfire, at a yoga commune near the village of Castellterçol. The photo shows the owner of the house, who handed him over to the police.

This is where Jos Brech was hiding.

In a hammock, stretched between two trees, next to a swing and by a campfire in the vast forests of central Catalonia Jos Brech was hiding the last three months. At the end of May, the Dutchman arrived at a commune where yoga retreats are held, hidden deep in the hills around the village of Castellterçol, an hour's drive from Barcelona. Previously he would have stayed in the mountains near Terrassa, closer to Barcelona.

Yesterday morning, the owner of the house, where Brech helped with numerous activities, received a phone call from the Spanish police. They could not find the house, as it is well hidden, at the end of a difficult path of five kilometers. "I didn't want the police to invade our camp, so I agreed to take the Dutchman to an open place," says the Argentinian man to the AD. He doesn't want his name in the newspaper.

The images of the arrest have been released by the Spanish police. On them you can also see this owner, sitting on the ground, the hands on the back. However, he has not been arrested. "It was a madhouse. When we arrived at the agreed place, a 20-man crew of special police units stormed from behind the trees and straw bales."

He had consciously lured Brech along, under the guise that they were going to cut wood, in order to be able to keep the peace in the camp, where many children also reside. In addition, Jos stayed just outside the camp, on the mountain, and he would have easily escaped if he had seen the police arriving. "They would never have found him again, unless they had deployed hundreds of people."

The members of the commune who know about the arrest - the children have deliberately not been informed - were completely surprised by the news about the background of the Dutch guest. "Jos did a lot of work here. Knew everything about plants, both edible and medicinal. And he was good at interacting with children. But he was an odd one. He barely spoke. And never wanted to be seen in the village. He said that he had said goodbye to consumer society and that he had been wandering the world for years, living in forests," a woman from the camp said.

Brech will be brought before the court this afternoon in the town of Granollers, where he will be interrogated by a video link by the judge of the Court of Justice in Madrid and requested to cooperate in an extradition to the Netherlands.

BBM

On the list of stuff that JB might have taken from the cabin in the Vosges was also a picture of one of those tiny tents that double as a hammock.

Jos Brech wordt binnen enkele dagen uitgeleverd aan Nederland

Jos Brech, the suspect in the Nicky Verstappen case, will be extradited to the Netherlands. That is what the Spanish judge has ruled.

Brech was questioned by a Spanish investigating judge on Monday about his extradition to the Netherlands, among other things. Brech has agreed to the fast-track procedure for his extradition.

The 55-year-old suspect from Simpelveld was arrested on Sunday afternoon in a remote area about 50 kilometres from Barcelona. He is suspected of involvement in the death of eleven-year-old Nicky Verstappen from Heibloem.

BBM

Profiler: 'Nicky Verstappen en Jos Brech kenden elkaar'

"Nicky Verstappen and suspect Jos Brech must have known each other."

That is what the Belgian data profiler Carine Hutsebaut, who had already worked on the case before, says to L1.

The psychiatrist and criminologist thus goes against the official reading of the police and justice system. At the press conference in which Brech was presented as a suspect, the police emphatically said that the two did not know each other. Hutsebaut twice made an offender profile in the Nicky Verstappen case on behalf of the police and the Ministry of Justice.

Hutsebaut emphasises in her assertion that 'knowing' is different in children and in adults. "An adult says he knows someone when he knows where someone is working, what he is doing in everyday life, and where he lives," she says. "Children already 'know' someone they have seen two or three times. Who may have nodded kindly to them. From a child's perspective they know someone."

The offender profile that Hutsebaut made largely corresponds to Jos Brech, who has now been arrested: "We assumed that the person in question was unmarried, known for sex crimes, lived in the neighbourhood and was between 25 and 35 years old at the time.

A data profiler is often used by the police in unresolved cases in order to draw up a profile of the perpetrator. This may include the presumed age, home situation, background and character sketch of the person based on the circumstances surrounding the crime. Such a profile should help the police to track down the perpetrator.

Jos Brech was arrested on Sunday near Barcelona, after a tip from a witness who had seen his photographs. Twenty years after Nicky's death, the 55-year-old man from Simpelveld is being held in prison for involvement in this case.

When asked why Brech never reported to the police, the data profiler highlights his private situation. "Brech lived alone with his mother. His father had died a long time ago. There was a strong maternal bond," says Hutsebaut. According to her, the reverence for his mother plays a role in the fact that Brech never came out with his story.

Hutsebaut states that Brech, who is now 55, has the emotional age of a child aged between 8 and 12. According to her, this calls for a specific way of interrogating the suspect about what happened in 1998.

Monday afternoon it became clear that Brech would be extradited to the Netherlands in a few days' time. According to a Spanish court, Brech had accepted the accelerated extradition procedure.

BBM

In one of the videos from the interview the expert says an indication that they met before is that the perpetrator would not have had the time to groom a child at 10 minutes to 6 in the morning. It would have taken him at least 10 to 15 minutes to gain confidence and talk the child out of his tent, and that was far too risky. (He might have been seen or heard.)
She also knows more evidence from the files, but that evidence is still under gag order.

Members of the commune in Spain where JB stayed in recent months describe him as 'autistic' (not an official diagnosis). "He would talk for hours about plants ...

Decision of the Madrid court concerning the extradition of Joseph Theresia Johannes Brech:

DlnOVZSX4AIXdj-.jpg

DlnOV5JWsAAKrP5.jpg

Joseph Theresia Johannes Brech, accused in the Netherlands of murder, sexual assault, child abduction and illegal detention, has been remanded in custody without bail for risk of absconding. He shall be extradited within the short time limit established by law.

BBM

Via Pilar Suárez Pilar Suarez on Twitter

Zaak Nicky Verstappen: profiel van de dader
I was very happy with the news of JBs arrest
Now that he has been captured,he is of the list of Interpol (I guess) and with that...the suspects name cant be written out,no more..?!
He is not convicted (yet) and the investigation is still ongoing.The police is still working on the tips and everyone who knew/knows him is requested to come forward and contact the police
According to the Belgium profiler who made an earlier offender profile (when it was a cold case) was correct but lets hope,he really lived with a huge quilt feeling and is ready to deal with it!

Zaak Nicky Verstappen: profiel van de dader
I was very happy with the news of JBs arrest
Now that he has been captured,he is of the list of Interpol (I guess) and with that...the suspects name cant be written out,no more..?!
He is not convicted (yet) and the investigation is still ongoing.The police is still working on the tips and everyone who knew/knows him is requested to come forward and contact the police
According to the Belgium profiler who made an earlier offender profile (when it was a cold case) was correct but lets hope,he really lived with a huge quilt feeling and is ready to deal with it!

bbm

There is no Dutch or European law prohibiting the usage of a suspect's full name. Most Dutch news outlets only use first name and initial of the last name, but that's not law or even a rule - it's an 'honor code' amongst journalists. Anyone is perfectly allowed to use and write the suspect's full name. No worries.

Seis horas de infarto: así detuvieron al pederasta Jos Brech en Barcelona

A report by a Dutch citizen led to the arrest of his compatriot Joseph Theresia Johannnes Brech, who has been wanted for 20 years on charges of raping and murdering a child in the country in 1998, on a hill near Castellterçol (Barcelona), according to the National Police inspector and spokesman for Catalonia, Antonio Navarro.

"They contacted us and the very precise information allowed us to locate and arrest the suspect within six hours," Navarro said on Tuesday, stressing that the dissemination of images of the suspect by the Dutch police had helped to locate him. According to this inspector, at the time of the arrest, which took place last Sunday, Brech "was with another person" and both were arrested "until it was finally established who the suspect was."

The alleged killer "was perfectly prepared to survive in hiding for months," said Navarro, since "he was an expert mountaineer and had extensive knowledge of how to live without being found." The police spokesman has detailed that among the suspect's belongings were dried food, all kinds of clothing and manuals on wild plants that could be eaten. "He was ready to flee if he noticed the presence of police in the area," he said.

BBM

Advocaat: 'Jos Brech binnen twee dagen in Nederland'

Jos Brech, the main suspect in the Nicky Verstappen case, will be in the Netherlands within two days.

That is what [ his lawyer ] Iñigo Cobo Martínez told AD.

According to the lawyer, the Simpelveld suspect has consented to the extradition. "I have dealt with two of these European requests for arrest this week, just like Brech's," the lawyer says to the newspaper. "That is much faster than an extradition. Sometimes there are problems with the journey or the suspect, and the police can ask the court for ten extra days, but that has not happened in this case. Brech will be on a plane to the Netherlands within two days.

Brech is officially a suspect in the murder of Nicky Verstappen since Monday. His lawyer doesn't speak about whether Brech told him anything about what he is suspected of, or whether he knew about the search for him.

BBM

Jos Brech will be transferred to the Netherlands on the basis of the European Arrest Warrant that was issued. The term "extradition" is widely used in the media, but legally, "extradition" would be a different procedure. The European Arrest Warrant replaces the lengthy extradition procedure between EU-states in many instances, and the crimes of which Jos Brech is suspected are within the framework of the regulation.

Good that he will be in the Netherlands so soon again. Sometimes those matters last months and months. Hopefully he will cooperate with LE.

Exclusief inkijkje: dit had vluchtende Jos Brech allemaal bij zich

Jos Brech carried all this gear at the time of his flight. With video

6c233a38-ab4f-11e8-8da8-ddac1b74e5eb.jpg

Two days after the arrest of Jos Brech, the accused of the murder of Nicky Verstappen, his confiscated 'survival baggage' is safely stored with the National Police in Barcelona. De Telegraaf paid an exclusive visit to the inspector who was able to lock up the most sought-after man in the Netherlands.

"The case has surprised me a lot, a very special story", says inspector Antonio Navarro Acevedo. "We really wanted to detain this man because he was so wanted in the Netherlands."

Of course, more people are being arrested for whom a European arrest warrant has been issued, but Brech is a special case, also for Navarro. "Normally this involves people fleeing and hiding in cities who use false documents. But this man wanted to stay under the radar in a different way."

"Look, he had a survival kit with him to be able to escape and disappear as soon as he came into the spotlight of the police. He was even prepared to sleep in caves. He also had a lot of prepared food with him, even a book on edible plants. And fishing gear, so that he could catch his own food. Plus tools to build a cabin." He shakes his head in disbelief. "Weird."

Navarro Acevedo shows the equipment that the police found when they arrested Brech on Sunday at 3 pm just outside the village of Castellterçol. They are silent witnesses of the journey that eventually led him to Catalonia via the Vosges. Brech had a filter with him to purify water and make it drinkable, a wallet, a Dutch driving licence, two bank cards, a health insurance card, a USB stick, batteries, memory cards from a photo camera, GPS transmitter, pens, batteries, a notebook and watch. He had stored a lot in an outdoor backpack.

6c609324-ab4f-11e8-8da8-ddac1b74e5eb.jpg

Road maps he carried with him also show that he had prepared himself well for a flight to the northeast of Spain. When he was arrested, he carried maps of the Bages region (in the Pyrenees, the border area between France and Spain), of the Catalan regions of Lluçanès and a few other areas, and of the famous 'Ter Route', which links the Pyrenees with the Costa Brava. Navarro points to the map of Catalonia, which hangs in his office. "Catalonia has many forests. Here around Manresa and everything behind it, there alone he could have remained hidden for a long time."

The inspector thinks Brech entered Spain somewhere in April. "We were not looking for him then, because at that time the European Arrest Warrant was not yet in force. That dates from 13 June. Look, here it is. Brech himself stated before the court that he had been in Spain since the end of March. "That is indeed possible," Navarro says. In any case, it is logical that Brech may have used transport after all. "He may have entered Spain by car, or perhaps on foot." Brech had a Dutch driving licence with him.

If he had help with his trip: Navarro doubts it. "I don't think so, because he was a very solitary man who didn't appear to trust anyone."

The army green hiker's bag also contained a German-language guide - Brech speaks the language of our eastern neighbours - with the name "Eating Herbs: Survival Knowledge in Extreme Situations," something about which he fervently told the informant of De Telegraaf, who reported his place of residence to the international search team during the weekend.

Navarro tells us that he was called by the Dutch police at nine o'clock on Sunday morning. "We have special units, who are dedicated exclusively to the search for missing persons. We have passed on the information to them. They located the house and waited until he came out. He did not resist, he was surprised." It was six hours after he received the phone call from the Netherlands.

Navarro is satisfied.

"The cooperation with the Netherlands is very good, we have received detailed descriptions. Brech did not sense his arrest was coming, Navarro says. "He felt safe, in this area, because it was a mountain area close to a village. He could easily disappear again."

After his arrest he remained calm, Navarro says. "He didn't speak until he was brought before a judge." During the court hearing Brech indicated that he had no objection to extradition to the Netherlands, but his Spanish lawyer Iñigo Cobo Martinez did not manage to get him at liberty until then. "The danger of escape is too great," according to spokeswoman Inma Moreno of the national court in Madrid yesterday afternoon. She also indicated that it could take up to a week before he leaves for our country, but in principle this could happen at any moment.

BBM

When I found this interview, it was free for all to see, but that seems to have changed while I was working on it and it is now hidden behind a members-only wall.

The video can still be found here:
Exclusief: kijkje in overlevingskit Jos Brech

My original impression of Bushcrafters was that they would live in nature, with nature, for as long as possible. Looking at the gear Jos Brech has with him, a lot of it was hi-tech. He used GPS instead of navigating by the stars for instance.
The health insurance card is odd to say the least. Of course it is wise to have health insurance. But the other side of the coin is that the moment he used it, he would have been traceable. Also, this indicates that he would have had an income somewhere, possibly a form of benefits that continued, even during his lengthy absence from the Netherlands and while he was missing.

14K men agree to mass DNA test, help solve 1998 murder of Dutch boy (with clip)

"BARCELONA, Spain – In August 1998, 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen disappeared from his summer camp tent; his body was found the next day. Now, there’s been an arrest in the case that has been major news in the Netherlands and involved a massive DNA undertaking.

The Guardian reports, as the 20th anniversary of Verstappen’s death approached, Dutch officials in May 2017 put out a request: that roughly 20,000 men in the Limburg area where Nicky was killed submit their DNA that October as part of a mass testing program.

More than 14,000 did, reports the BBC. Jos Brech was not among them: the NL Times reports he left in October to hike in France’s Vosges mountains, reportedly telling his family he’d submit his DNA upon his return....

DNA that Brech’s relatives provided showed the killer — who left his DNA on Nicky’s pajamas — was related to one of the donors, which helped authorities zero in on him....

Brech was arrested Sunday and will be extradited to the Netherlands...."

14K men agree to mass DNA test, help solve 1998 murder of Dutch boy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicky-Verstappen-Photography-Dutch-Police.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back