Reaction score
670UFNET
670UFNET - Unidentified Female

670UFNET.jpg
670UFNET1.jpg
670UFNET2.jpg
670UFNET3.jpg
670UFNET4.jpg

Facial reconstruction of the victim; Victim's shirt, pants and socks. Suitcase the victim was found in.

Date of Discovery: October 12, 2005
Location of Discovery: Schiedam, Netherlands
Estimated Date of Death: Two weeks prior
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 16-24 years old
Race: White
Height: 164 cm (5'3")
Weight: 60 kg (141 lbs).
Hair Color: Brown, medium length and dyed.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She had no piercings or tattoos.

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Red shirt with white text: Victoryi and Power Cycle, blue Gateway jogging trousers with double black stripes (size XL), and red socks with a duck print.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found in the waters of the Thorbeckesingel, in Schiedam, Netherlands, around 4:30 pm. Her body was wrapped in two duvets and placed in a suitcase.

One duvet was white with a red floral pattern and the other had a green and yellow floral pattern. There was also an orange cloth present.

Investigators have used the social media platforms of Twitter, Facebook and Youtbe to draw attention to her case but she remains unknown.

Thanks for bringing this to WS...I worked on this case for years already.....A cold case team did make another reconstruction. I don't know why this is not on her unidentified site of the Dutch police.

News article with new reconstruction Politie op zoek naar info over dode in koffer Thorbeckesingel | Schiedam24 and a translation of it in English and also an other article I can't find anymore in English:

SCHIEDAM - A woman who was found dead in 2005 in the water of the Thorbeckesingel in Schiedam is one of the 52 unresolved cases on the coldcase calendar presented by the police. The police wants to use the calendar to investigate stalled investigations into murders and disappearances. "The police solve by far the most murders in the Netherlands, but unfortunately it is not always possible to bring an investigation to a good conclusion," says the hermandad. "This is a hard hit especially for the surviving relatives of the victims, who struggle with the question of who killed their loved one and why." Cold police teams try to find answers to those questions and to ensure that justice is done. "Crucial to the solution of cold cases is always the help of the public, of witnesses", according to the police. She therefore calls on everyone to take note of the overview of unsolved deadly cases and contact (T: 0800-6070) if someone thinks they have information. On October 12, 2015 there was a horrific find in the Thorbeckesingel, near the Doctor Kuyperlaan. The remains of an unknown young woman were found in a suitcase. She was killed by a crime. The suitcase had probably been in the water for two weeks when it was found. Extensive research was done into the identity of the victim, but it is still unknown who the young woman is. She was young, between 16-22 years old, about 1.64 meters long and weighed sixty kilos. The victim had dark blond to brown hair and wore blue sweatpants and a red shirt. In 2017 a digital facial reconstruction was made using the latest techniques. The police would very much like to know who this young woman is and how she came to an end.

SCHIEDAM / ROTTERDAM - With the reconstruction of her head, the cold case team of the police hopes to find out who the dead woman was who was found in Schiedam in 2005.

It is hoped that the face leads to recognition and the identity can finally be established. ,, This is our last straw, '' says Frank Visser, head of the Regional Investigation Department.

The unknown woman was fished from the water of the Thorbeckesingel in October 2005 in the Nieuwland district. Her lifeless body was stuffed into a suitcase and dumped into the girth. Research has shown that the suitcase has been in the water for more than two weeks.

A staff member from the public services department took the suitcase between the reeds during a cleaning of the bank. In addition, the remains of the body, which had been wrapped in sheets, fell out of the suitcase.

It is certain that the woman was murdered. How, the police do not want to say. How the victim is put in the suitcase is also not made known. In view of the fact that it is indicated that the body was still intact, the woman, as it were, must have been 'folded' in the suitcase.

Because the investigation team ended up on a dead track, the cold case team was called in last year. That was decided by the Dutch Forensic Institute to make a reconstruction of the head. Striking is that the woman, presumably between the ages of 16 and 22, had an angled jaw line.

In 2005, the police processed a photograph of the woman into a composition drawing. The reconstruction that was presented yesterday differs quite a bit from that.

That the reconstruction of the head of the victim, which was found in the Thorbeckesingel in Schiedam, deviates from the previously made composition, has to do with the fact that the woman had been in the water for two weeks.

Attachments

• Reconstructie van hoofd vermoorde vrouw - RTV Rijnmond.mht.jpg
    Reconstructie van hoofd vermoorde vrouw - RTV Rijnmond.mht.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
A message from the police about the suitcase.

"The red suitcase that her body has been in, is from the brand Line. It is the largest example (71 by 45 centimeters) of the four-part Albany Trolley Set. The set was sold in April 2005 in a limited edition. It's known in which stores this set was sold. So you don't have to call about that. We would like to hear if you know who had a similar suitcase in his/her possession in the period from April to October 2005 and after October not anymore."

A message from the police about the suitcase.

"The red suitcase that her body has been in, is from the brand Line. It is the largest example (71 by 45 centimeters) of the four-part Albany Trolley Set. The set was sold in April 2005 in a limited edition. It's known in which stores this set was sold. So you don't have to call about that. We would like to hear if you know who had a similar suitcase in his/her possession in the period from April to October 2005 and after October not anymore."
Thanks Bit of hope for these great updates!
Went to bed thinking about this mp and woke up the same way, so very happy to see more information!
Surely unconnected to, but am reminded of " Beth Doe", ie. the suitcase and blankets..
Although LE know where the suitcase was purchased, wish they would give some indication as to which country and where this young woman might have once lived.
Although wondering if the mp was a student visiting from elsewhere and stayed with the wrong person and the suitcase belong to the killer?
The jaw is very pronounced, have seen that sometimes in people from Newfoundland.
The hair was apparently dyed brown, assuming it was blond originally, it usually imo, works the other way around so maybe she came from a place where there are mostly blonds.
All speculation, imo.

Am lurking on the "Unidentified" threads because I am a beginner and try to learn about this.
Am I the only one to think that the "outfit" she wore is quite off? Seems to be something for a child, but not a woman 16-24 years old.

ETA very likely this is not relevant anyway!

Last edited:
Am lurking on the "Unidentified" threads because I am a beginner and try to learn about this.
Am I the only one to think that the "outfit" she wore is quite off? Seems to be something for a child, but not a woman 16-24 years old.

ETA very likely this is not relevant anyway!
Again, my thoughts too about the clothing- respectfully wondering if perhaps the mp might have been a special needs person due to the chin and the clothing.
On the other hand, maybe she worked with children or simply was somewhat flamboyant, an artist perhaps?
The blankets she was wrapped in are apparently bright colours and the suitcase too was red.
speculation, imo.

Do you have a link from doenetwork?
I truly read (pls correct me if I'm wrong) but DNA should be avaible according by Dutch law for unidentified persons

Ohhh okay,sorry about that
See that it already posted in the first post
Hope it's ok to add a link under this topic about DNA and unidentified persons ..for the missings Identificatie onbekende doden (2010)
Also it would be interesting to add that unidentified persons between 1920 and 2008 family's can ask to submitt DNA for their missing relatives into the Dutch DNA data base for missing persons during that time period
Please read the topic "Inhaalslag" on the page provided...having trouble with c&p

I guess she could be a tourist/student from outside the EU/Netherlands but who knows?
Could also be a Dutch citizen
At least family can contact the DP and submit DNA
No one should enter the grave with no name
She died so young thats really sad and hopefully when ID-ed,her killer will/can be caught.Murders are not barred (here) anymore!

Just noting that another woman was also found in a suitcase circa 2015..
Body in suitcase thrown in Maastricht river was a white woman - DutchNews.nl
August 31, 2015
"The body found hidden in a suitcase in the Maas river in Maastricht on Friday is that of a white woman aged 40 to 60, police said on Sunday. They have now appealed for help in identifying the woman in Belgium and Germany as well as the Netherlands because of Maastricht’s central location."

About the clothing branch Gateway it seems to be located to Amsterdam? Gateway to Fashion - Home
Kinda odd if you ask me how much details the killer left behind I am not familiar with that area but I did lived in Utrecht and the watercanals (grachten) were drained regulary during my student time
So makes me wonder if that was the case also in Schiedam and maybe the one who killed her..didn't know or wasnt local?

Just noting that another woman was also found in a suitcase circa 2015..
Body in suitcase thrown in Maastricht river was a white woman - DutchNews.nl
August 31, 2015
"The body found hidden in a suitcase in the Maas river in Maastricht on Friday is that of a white woman aged 40 to 60, police said on Sunday. They have now appealed for help in identifying the woman in Belgium and Germany as well as the Netherlands because of Maastricht’s central location."
I just googled it and if I am correct that murder is solved(2016) and ID-ed It was her husband who killed her after a fight
Dader 'koffermoord' Maastricht krijgt 7,5 jaar cel
But the orginal case reminds me of an episode from ID where also a woman was found murdered in Amsterdam she was a model and was molested and later found murdered in a suitcase ID-ed years later..I do recall her killer was from the UK and is in jail.He made drawings of the murder,not sure if I can recall all the details correct but it sure does sound the same..except they found the torso of her,wich was harder for indentification

BTW her hair was dyed and she was estimated between 16-22 years old.

Wie weet wie deze vrouw is? Who is this women? #ccthorbecke #SMW

What I "filter" from the clothes she was wearing...

It has to be an inside scene....laying low...relaxing wearing this kind of clothing..house clothing, .domestic...or relax-time from a young prostitute perspective. The bedclothes are consistent with that..

A 16 years old is considered to be a child....clothing like that is not unusual...even adult guys wear the strangest patterned socks and also underpants with patterns...during that time....

And the writing on her red shirt victoryi...makes me think of east European or Russian made, at least another country made shirt...wrongly spelled...or Chinese....

Or maybe it's related to a cruise ship victory I

Last edited:
Thanks Bit of hope for these great updates!
Went to bed thinking about this mp and woke up the same way, so very happy to see more information!
Surely unconnected to, but am reminded of " Beth Doe", ie. the suitcase and blankets..
Although LE know where the suitcase was purchased, wish they would give some indication as to which country and where this young woman might have once lived.
Although wondering if the mp was a student visiting from elsewhere and stayed with the wrong person and the suitcase belong to the killer?
The jaw is very pronounced, have seen that sometimes in people from Newfoundland.
The hair was apparently dyed brown, assuming it was blond originally, it usually imo, works the other way around so maybe she came from a place where there are mostly blonds.
All speculation, imo.

I know what you mean..but you should never go to bed with an UID or MP in your mind...I understand it completely but it's not healthy X

This case kind of reminds me of a Belgian unidentified murder victim who has only recently been identified (approx. 10 years after her body was found). She was found in the dunes near the coast and even though she had a tattoo and wore rather unique jewelry, nobody came forward to identify her which baffled the entire country. Eventually she was identified through DNA after her mother reported her missing in Bulgaria. It turned out she had moved to the Netherlands to start working there illegally. She kept in contact with her family and visited often. When her family failed to hear from her and couldn’t contact her, her mom went to the local police which eventually got the ball rolling. (It is thought she was murdered by her boyfriend when they made a trip to Calais)

I suspect this woman/girl is foreign as well. Her young age and the clothes she was wearing make me wonder if maybe she was part of a gipsy community. Her features in the more recent digital sketch make me thing she might be.

It would explain the hair dye as well. Most gipsy women have black hair so it could be that in order to stand out in her community she coloured her hair. It’s not easy to dye black hair, especially if you’re doing it yourself and likely using cheap products. It could be that “brown” was the best result she was able to get.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221
Back