Netherlands Netherlands - Schiedam, WhtFem, 16-24, 5'3'', 12 Oct 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is her older PM reconstruction. Her face was recognizable but swollen from being in the water. In this recon she looks much younger.
View attachment 150641

upload_2018-10-11_23-26-1-png.150641

Please do post source/link where that sketch (one on the left) came from. Thank you.

Last edited:
Wondering why the uid's eyebrows appeared to be groomed in the earlier sketch and look bushy/ wild in the later sketch, which one is accurate?

From looking at it - earlier sketch, one on the left, it does not appear like regular sketch... but rather touched up photo of post portem. If that is the case I would definitely go by that photo. I am curious where it came from or where it was published.

Mind you, bloating does distort a lot facial features and the body too. I have myself not recognized my own sister and was fighting doctors and hospital that person presented to me was not her. Person looked 20 years older then her and like 200 kg heavier, all due to bloating.. My sister was young, very sporty and naturaly thin ... It made me question everything I knew and since then I usually stay away from comparisons.. If I don't recognize my own sister, then well...

From looking at it - earlier sketch, one on the left, it does not appear like regular sketch... but rather touched up photo of post portem. If that is the case I would definitely go by that photo. I am curious where it came from or where it was published.

Mind you, bloating does distort a lot facial features and the body too. I have myself not recognized my own sister and was fighting doctors and hospital that person presented to me was not her. Person looked 20 years older then her and like 200 kg heavier, all due to bloating.. My sister was young, very sporty and naturaly thin ... It made me question everything I knew and since then I usually stay away from comparisons.. If I don't recognize my own sister, then well...
So sorry about your sister, Al Ka, that must have been terribly hard - only keep your beautiful memories.

So sorry about your sister, Al Ka, that must have been terribly hard - only keep your beautiful memories.

Thank you, it was absolutely horrible and I don't wish anyone to go through identifying injured or deceased loved one. Shock, pain and emotions are indescribable. My sister has survived after few month in coma.

This is her older PM reconstruction. Her face was recognizable but swollen from being in the water. In this recon she looks much younger.
View attachment 150641

I’m really starting to wonder if that recon (the one on the right) is just a bad recon all together. I agree that the recon on the left looks like a retouched post-mortem, but if that’s the case then I have way more concerns than the eyebrows alone. For one her eyes appear way closer together on the recon on the right. Also, even if you correct for bloating, her chin and jawline don’t appear to be on the same line at all on the left recon, while the right one shows a very pronounced, almost masculine jawline. I’m not sure if I’m making sense. Simply put, I’d think her face was much rounder (if the left recon is indeed based on a pm picture) than shown in the right and “better known” recon.

Please do post source/link where that sketch (one on the left) came from. Thank you.

You are right Al Ka, but this is from a long time back. I kept it in my own file when I started working on this case way before I joined WS and wasn't always so neat to keep the sources as I'm nowadays. So you have to trust me on my blue eyes :)

This picture was once on the Doe Network file and in a AD (paper) article as a whole (so both together in one picture as above), but I can't find it on line anymore at this moment (not the text and not a through a picture search). I keep on the look out for it.

That must have been a horrible experience Al Ka. Heartbreaking. Sorry for your sister and for you, having to experience that.

You are right Al Ka, but this is from a long time back. I kept it in my own file when I started working on this case way before I joined WS and wasn't always so neat to keep the sources as I'm nowadays. So you have to trust me on my blue eyes :)

This picture was once on the Doe Network file and in a AD (paper) article as a whole (so both together in one picture as above), but I can't find it on line anymore at this moment (not the text and not a through a picture search). I keep on the look out for it.
The earlier recon is also one i have seen before, but cannot recall the link- will keep eyes peeled.
On another note, came across this link looking for the other sketch and thought this might be something to keep in mind too. imo, speculation.
Hundreds of Irish women travel to Netherlands for abortions

Last edited:
The earlier recon is also one i have seen before, but cannot recall the link- will keep eyes peeled.
On another note, came across this link looking for the other sketch and thought this might be something to keep in mind too. imo, speculation.

An interesting point of view...but as far as I know there was not mentioned anything about a former pregnancy. Could mean a couple of things...it was not "traceable" in the autopsy, because she would have been very early in the pregnancy (maybe someone knows how this works) or it wasn't mentioned because of the strict privacy laws.

That’s a very interesting theory! Though, wouldn’t they be able to see whether she had ever been/had recently been pregnant or had a recent abortion during the autopsy?

I’m really starting to wonder if that recon (the one on the right) is just a bad recon all together. I agree that the recon on the left looks like a retouched post-mortem, but if that’s the case then I have way more concerns than the eyebrows alone. For one her eyes appear way closer together on the recon on the right. Also, even if you correct for bloating, her chin and jawline don’t appear to be on the same line at all on the left recon, while the right one shows a very pronounced, almost masculine jawline. I’m not sure if I’m making sense. Simply put, I’d think her face was much rounder (if the left recon is indeed based on a pm picture) than shown in the right and “better known” recon.

You are making lots of sense and yes, sketch on the right, which was used for most of the years does have very strong almost masculine jawline.

The new sketch released in 2018 is one of the best and I might say does resemble her post mortem too. But even on that one I do have a bit of reservation with how they portrait her lower part, jawline. I assume they had difficulties to portray it accurately due to the bloating.

Newest sketch -
gezichtsconstructie2.jpg

Politie op zoek naar info over dode in koffer Thorbeckesingel | Schiedam24

You are making lots of sense and yes, sketch on the right, which was used for most of the years does have very strong almost masculine jawline.

The new sketch released in 2018 is one of the best and I might say does resemble her post mortem too. But even on that one I do have a bit of reservation with how they portrait her lower part, jawline. I assume they had difficulties to portray it accurately due to the bloating.

Newest sketch -
gezichtsconstructie2.jpg

Politie op zoek naar info over dode in koffer Thorbeckesingel | Schiedam24
This sketch looks very different then the first one,would be interesting to know about isotope research...that has not been done,yet?

Excited to see this new video ! Some of it is in English.
"Published on Oct 23, 2018
https://goo.gl/WUGS3H. Het slachtoffer werd in 2005 gevonden. Haar lichaam was in dekbedhoezen gewikkeld en in een koffer gestopt. Alle informatie die de politie kan helpen bij dit onderzoek is heel erg welkom op 0800-6070 of via het tipformulier op https://www.politie.nl/gezocht-en-ver.... Wil je anoniem blijven, bel je 0800-7000"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy-mae-pinkerton
Back