Netherlands Netherlands: Sjonny W.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

nicknld

Reaction score
A good article (in Dutch) here: Sjonny W.: onschuldige schilder of drievoudige moordenaar?

One of the fewer more comprehensive stories of the case, should be decent through Google Translate.

I think the case is interesting, since in the Netherlands, there are many cases unsolved, that don't get much attention, even in the national news.

Sjonny is being prosecuted for the murder of three women in and around Amsterdam. The murders occurred between the early 2000's and 2017. He was only tracked after the last one, where CCTV captured him and phone records connected him to the victim (Sabrina). After DNA testing he was connected to earlier cases, 2 definitely and 1 is rumoured.

As part of the investigation he is diagnosed with an antisocial personality disorder.

All victims are described as being marginalised, which might explain the lack of attention given to their cases (sad but true).

I had been interested in this case since I would expect there would be more victims. Since the earliest case is from 2003, and the fact that he was able to evade a lot of suspicion until 2017, Sjonny seems to be a very capable killer. His choice of victims, and the locations that he operates in suggest he is very aware of his actions. His last victim has still not been found. The areas of Amsterdam he lived in, are known for little social control towards suspicious behaviour.

So therefore, I would find it unlikely he didn't kill for about 14 years. He wasn't in prison in that period. His most risky behaviour and why he has been prosecuted for these 3/4 murders is mostly because he knew the women for a longer period of time.

So far, I find it hard to locate more missing and potential victims of Sjonny, even in Dutch, so I'm wondering if there are others out there with possible suggestion or interest in the case. Lately it has been quiet around it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221
Back