Netherlands Netherlands - Theodorus “Theo” van den Oetelaar, 33, Oosterhout, 23 Oct 1992

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Littlemissx

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just signed up for this website, and honestly I don't know if it is the place to post this.
My uncle has gone missing October 30th 1992 in the Netherlands. On November Third his car was found near the train station of Breda. For as far as I know police haven't done all they could, as for instance they didn't check for fingerprints on the car.

I know it is probably pretty far fetched, but maybe there is someone on here who knows anything about the case.

Attachments

• Theo.jpg
    Theo.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi All,

I have just signed up for this website, and honestly I don't know if it is the place to post this.
My uncle has gone missing October 30th 1992 in the Netherlands. On November Third his car was found near the train station of Breda. For as far as I know police haven't done all they could, as for instance they didn't check for fingerprints on the car.

I know it is probably pretty far fetched, but maybe there is someone on here who knows anything about the case.
Hello, welcome to Ws Littlemissx!

Last edited:
The Doe Network: Case File 4278DMNET
''Case File 4278DMNET
4278DMNET.jpg
4278DMNET1.jpg

Theodorus Leonardus van den Oetelaar
Missing since October 23, 1992 from Oosterhout, Netherlands
Classification: Missing

• Date Of Birth: April 5, 1959
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 33 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 178 cm. (5'10")
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark blond hair; blue eyes.
    • AKA: Theo
Circumstances of Disappearance
Theo disappeared in his grey coloured Toyota Hilux. Unknown destination.
The car was found unattended in early November 1992 at the railway station in Breda.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Midden West Brabant Regional Police, Bureau Tilburg
+31 79 345 9876

Agency Case Number: 92201186
Source Information:
Vermiste Personen''

Hi All,

Hello Littlemissx, welcome to WS.

I did a little google search for Theo van den Oetelaar and there is actually a lot of information about the case in the Dutch press.
I wonder if you could specify why the police did not do all they might have done. If they did not check fingerprints in 1992, what do you think can be done about that in 2021? Does the car still exist?

DPG Media Privacy Gate

Theo van den Oetelaar disappeared from his place of residence in Oosterhout on Friday evening 23 October 1992. He was supposed to pick up his daughter from his ex-wife's house that evening but never arrived. The police assumes that Theo has become the victim of a crime. After a tip-off in 2008, the police started digging in the Overdiepse Polder near Waspik. Theo wouldt have been shot dead. The perpetrator would have had a debt with him after the sale of an expensive hunting rifle. His body was not found. A brother continued to search the polder for years with excavators and Signi search dogs.

BBM

From the same article:

The fact that the police put her father on the national cold case calendar [2019] in November gives Mariëlla a glimmer of hope. Earlier this year, for the first time in her life, she spoke openly with this newspaper about the missing father and the far-reaching consequences for her and her family. But the cold case team of the Zeeland-West Brabant police did not receive a single tip, according to spokesman Willem van Hooijdonk.

BBM

There appear to be a lot of rumours surrounding this disappearance, and we can safely assume that the police know more than they make known.

The Doe Network: Case File 4278DMNET
''Case File 4278DMNET
4278DMNET.jpg
4278DMNET1.jpg

Theodorus Leonardus van den Oetelaar
Missing since October 23, 1992 from Oosterhout, Netherlands
Classification: Missing

• Date Of Birth: April 5, 1959
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 33 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 178 cm. (5'10")
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark blond hair; blue eyes.
    • AKA: Theo
Circumstances of Disappearance
Theo disappeared in his grey coloured Toyota Hilux. Unknown destination.
The car was found unattended in early November 1992 at the railway station in Breda.
Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Midden West Brabant Regional Police, Bureau Tilburg
+31 79 345 9876

Agency Case Number: 92201186
Source Information:
Vermiste Personen''

Link to the case information does not work. Surprise! it's the DOE network. I won't repeat what I think about their MO. Of course, Theo van den Oetelaar may turn up in rural Wisconsin for instance, but that is unlikely, something anyone can find out after spending 2 minutes on the data in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back