New book coming out by Paula Woodward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He did. Well, sort of. He was working on it with Robert Whitson (former BPD) when he (Lou Smit) died in 2010. Whitson finished the book (which was said to be 90% complete when Smit died) naming himself as the author, and listing Smit as a "contributor" (but you know... everyone just writes books for personal profit).

Injustice: Why JonBenet Ramsey Was Murdered By A Sadistic Psychopath - Not Her Parents: Robert A. Whitson PH.D., Andrew Lou Smit: 9781475074826: Amazon.com: [email]Books

Of course people write books for profit. What would be the point otherwise?

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

Every once in a while, someone writes a book to consolidate and pass on information to the general public.

Crazy thought, I know. Just nuts.

Every once in a while, someone writes a book to consolidate and pass on information to the general public.

No they don't. Really. They all make a profit if they are selling a book. Where the proceeds donated to a cause? Because if not any book written by anyone on any subject becomes a profit maker.

If one really wanted to just share the info and make sure people had the truth they could write it all on a free blog or website.

There is nothing wrong with writing a book to make a profit. But it is what it is, IMO.

I know there's nothing wrong with writing a book for profit. I'm saying making blanket generalizations about every single author who ever got published isn't right. We can't know everyone's intentions, as much as we like to think we do.

Round and round we go...I distinctly recall someone questioning Kolar's conclusions b/c he wrote a book, and surely he was only motivated by money.

Round and round we go...I distinctly recall someone questioning Kolar's conclusions b/c he wrote a book, and surely he was only motivated by money.

Ah yes, Kolar's "agenda".

An agenda of money and lies and lies to make money.

To be clear, It is not any particular author that I think this about. If you write a book unless it is strictly for charitable donations, IT is for profit.

That is with all books. Health books, Crime books, Religious books.

IT is also that persons POV alone. It does not make it gospel. To me a book written by anyone is just an opinion. If there is evidence, then it should stand up to scrutiny, and they should welcome that. If not, then it is just a nice book.

IMO

Heyya otg,

Ha, maybe Beckner will have future comments, given his impending
retirement.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/18/chief-who-took-over-jonbenet-inquiry-to-retire/

Shapiro, the case seems to be a set point of his moral compass.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/02/16/should-men-be-reviewed-like-restaurants/

"Seventeen years ago, while working as a cub reporter on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case for the tabloids, I learned how powerful and hurtful words can be.Knowing all too well that tabloid audiences are typically female, it didn’t take long for my editors to falsely accuse JonBenet’s father, John Ramsey, of sexually molesting and brutally murdering his 6-year old daughter.
After all, men make easy targets nowadays as ‘chauvinist pigs’ and ‘sexual predators.’
But John did not sexually abuse or murder his daughter. He was a loving father who adored his little girl.
The false accusations against John Ramsey coincided with the birth of Internet chat rooms, and I quickly realized the danger of how online users can spread lies like wildfire."

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro is an investigative journalist who reported his editors at The Globe tabloid to the FBI in 1999.

Thanks for that quote. I had not seen that before.

Yes but making a profit doesn't necessarily negate any other intentions you may have with the book. Such as, like you mentioned, a health book. Making profit doesn't mean you don't also want to help people.

Getting off track with this irrelevant topic.

Getting off track with this irrelevant topic.

Snipped by me..

And we finally agree. :)

People have to make up their own mind about the sources of their information. No one can do that for them..

For anyone interested in this case. This book is a MUST READ!! This book is well sourced with actual police and DA files, includes BRAND NEW information and debunks the false information that many have come to believe in this case. Not only that, it includes many actual documents and never seen before photos. I appeal to anyone with an open mind and heart to read this book. I just finished reading it today.

One of the revelations is that not only was what resembled pineapple in JB stomach, there was also grapes, grape skin, and cherries. Which resembles a fruit cocktail.

It also clarifies much of the DNA misconceptions and includes actual reports. This book is a MUST read if you are interested in learning more about this case.

https://www.amazon.com/We-Have-Your-Daughter-Unsolved/dp/1632260778

The last paragraph of the introduction. I hope she's going to correct this falsehood later in the book.

"Evidence showed she’d struggled helplessly with her tiny fingers to free the rope that was pulled tight around her neck."

Woodward, Paula. We Have Your Daughter: The Unsolved Murder of JonBenét Ramsey Twenty Years Later (Kindle Location 46). Easton Studio Press, LLC. Kindle Edition.

The forensic evidence doesn't support a struggle.

A few pages in, a photo describes a "Sitting Room Christmas Tree, main floor." They include floor plans earlier in the book. There is no sitting room described in those plans. The 1st floor contains the living room, sun room, dining room, kitchen, foyer, study, mudroom and garage. There is no sitting room listed on any of the diagrams. Based on what I know of the house and this photo, the "sitting room, main floor" is actually the bedroom on the top or 3rd floor. They didn't know the house and they didn't fact check the plans. Sloppy.

"Another photo with the common area outside her bedroom that contained her trophies." No. The common area outside her bedroom had the sink, spiral staircase, the cabinets, and the closet for the stackable washer and dryer. Her trophies were on the shelves in the playroom. In order to get to it, you have to move into the older part of the house on the 2nd floor. It's not a straight path. From JB's room, that would be a right toward the staircase up to the 3rd floor. Another right. Down a bit of a hall and a left and into the playroom. It's not outside her bedroom. I think they just mixed the common room with the play room.

Seriously, this is a book that is claiming to set the record straight and it's sloppy on the details. It's also going for the sympathy angle. John reading "A Night Before Christmas" to the kids and Patsy shaking her presents and saying how pretty the bows are. There's nothing wrong with that, but I'm worried that "the Great American Family" angle is meant to distract from the details that were promised in the book.

Next chapter.

The last paragraph of the introduction. I hope she's going to correct this falsehood later in the book.

"Evidence showed she’d struggled helplessly with her tiny fingers to free the rope that was pulled tight around her neck."

Woodward, Paula. We Have Your Daughter: The Unsolved Murder of JonBenét Ramsey Twenty Years Later (Kindle Location 46). Easton Studio Press, LLC. Kindle Edition.

The forensic evidence doesn't support a struggle.

Evidence of Struggle? "Evidence gathered during the autopsy is consistent with the inference that she struggled to remove the garrote from her neck. (SMF P 44; PSMF P 44.)" (Carnes 2003:21).
http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682495/Neck Injuries

Evidence of Struggle? "Evidence gathered during the autopsy is consistent with the inference that she struggled to remove the garrote from her neck. (SMF P 44; PSMF P 44.)" (Carnes 2003:21).
http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682495/Neck Injuries

It's true that this is one particular interpretation of the evidence, although it's one that I personally don't put much credence in. (Judge Carnes clearly disagrees.) My issue with this statement in Woodward's book is that it's presented as conclusive truth, and I find that misleading at best.

Based on this statement and one about JBR having been "brutally beaten", I found myself unable to trust any so-called new evidence this book might purport to contain. I was also bothered by the subjectivity of the author's approach. I'd be willing to read an intruder theory book that came from a place of objective fact and reason, but this is not that book. I returned it after reading a handful of pages. It's the first time I've ever returned a Kindle book.

Oh for that matter, the bruises on hand hand and arms when she's struggling against an attacker. If Woodward wants to put this in her book, she'll need supporting evidence and maybe agreement of one of the initial investigators. Let me add the input from the FBI as well who commented on many issues in the case.

Judge Carnes certainly had her own opinion. But the coroner's findings don't really support the idea that JB clawed at her neck or struggled at all. I've seen the close ups and the only abrasion I see - which is totally in line with the only neck abrasion the coroner mentions in detail - is the angry red triangular mark below the cord. All of the other marks are consistent with spotty petechial hemorrhaging not fingernail abrasions.

I won't be spending any money on this book.

Looking forward to Kolar's re-issue though, and hoping he lays out his entire theory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back