New "Dateline" - 2010.11.12 Kyron Horman case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for answering, MsSuzanne. The question was not intended to sound 'about each other' but I felt it was relevant to the case. Meaning, some here feel she is innocent and if they honestly feel so, would they be comfortable having her watch their kids. Afterall, Kaine was comfortable with her, obviously, so it seemed fair to ask likewise of others here. Imo, it ties in with the case, since she was the last one to see him alive.

One thing I would like to share with you about alcoholics, is that they can function even though they are drunk. My cousin is an alcoholic, works in a body shop. Very good at what he does. He worked at the best bodyshop in northeast Ohio for several years.
During that time he ended up in jail for beating up his girlfriend while he was on a drunken episode. He was in jail for months. He did not get fired from this job for many years, even though the incident I mentioned above, happened after other incidents where he was jailed.
Not sure if you have ever been near a body shop, but the fumes are overwhelming. So even if he wasn't drinking before he went to work or during, he was still 'under the influence' because of the fumes. In spite of his intoxication, he was still able to do his job well.
The body shop eventually did let him go. His rounds at rehab during those years which he didn't benefit.
Btw, I have also heard of alcoholics who cannot function normally unless they are under the influence. Again, just some 'food for thought'.
I know all about recovery an alcoholics.I 've been in recovery for 20 years now.I counsel people with addictions and teens.I do not feel Terri was an alcoholic.I think that is only what Kaine wanted you to think.A DUI 5 years ago doesn't show me a problem and I don't believe Kaine when he said she was passed out drunk on the couch.We are only hearing this from him.No one else apparantly knew about it.If this was going on and I don't feel it was.Then he ALLOWED it to happen.He was probably drinking right along with her.He is responsible and I do not see codependency in his controlling behavior.I don't want to hear from him any more.

Maybe. But I don't think that is the purpose of the emergency contact number. If my daughter were to go missing at school, and my husband and I were standing in the office, I do not believe the school would feel obligated to call my grown son and daughter and next door neighbor to let them know. I think I recall the secretary saying Terri asked her to call Desiree, but cannot find a link.

I guess it is possible since Desiree is his mother the circumstances were a little different. But I do not believe they felt obligated to call simply because she was listed as an emergency contact.

Yep! I remember reading that as well. Personally, I think she was afraid to call Desiree, for fear of messing up or saying something that would giver her away, cast suspicion on her and so on. Pretty obvious, at least to me, why she was not the one to tell Desiree.

Yep! I remember reading that as well. Personally, I think she was afraid to call Desiree, for fear of messing up or saying something that would giver her away, cast suspicion on her and so on. Pretty obvious, at least to me, why she was not the one to tell desiree.

I don't recall reading, or anything else much from anyone associated with the school. A link would be great.

I don't recall reading, or anything else much from anyone associated with the school. A link would be great.

IIRC:

The school admin has issued statements. If you Google Portland Public Schools issues statement, some results will pop up. Also if you Google Matt Shelby (I think his name is) - he is from PPS, and made a number of statements.

I think there was just one more person from PPS who spoke at a presser. I want to say his first name was Nathaniel (I have no idea why though. :) )

From Skyline, only Ben Keefer, the principal has spoken.

The secretary has never spoken.

The teacher has never spoken.

The groundskeeper spoke, but I don't recall which organization he works for. Public works or something like that I think.

IIRC:

The groundskeeper spoke, but I don't recall which organization he works for. Public works or something like that I think.

sbm

Right. The groundskeeper does not work for the school district. He works for the City of Portland's Park Bureau.

Yep! I remember reading that as well. Personally, I think she was afraid to call Desiree, for fear of messing up or saying something that would giver her away, cast suspicion on her and so on. Pretty obvious, at least to me, why she was not the one to tell Desiree.

I can't remember........was Desiree called at 4:35, or 4:45?

Why do any of you suppose that Kaine did not call his ex-wife, Kyron is THEIR son!!?

My husband would never ask me to call his ex-wife, 25 years later, much like Terri & Desiree, we still don't like each other and that is fine. If there was ever a problem with one of the kids (they're all grown now) when we had them, HE would call her.

Now, if it was an emergency situation, I wouldn't have hesitated to call her if my husband was unavailable, but if he was around it was his responsibility to deal with her.

Yes, he was! He lost what little credibility he had when, after defending Terri for several minutes, said he'd recently reconnected with her via FB and went on and on about how she was the same person she was back in high school. How would he know without seeing her, talking to her? How many of us are exactly the same as we were in high school?

I did not watch the show but IMO, if she is the exact same person as she was in high school, now that she's in the middle of probably the worst crisis of her life, having lost her stepson, her daughter, her husband, her home, her reputation, her whole life as she knew it, has nothing to her name and is scared of being prosecuted for some serious crimes... well, she must have been a very troubled teenager.

Why do any of you suppose that Kaine did not call his ex-wife, Kyron is THEIR son!!?

My husband would never ask me to call his ex-wife, 25 years later, much like Terri & Desiree, we still don't like each other and that is fine. If there was ever a problem with one of the kids (they're all grown now) when we had them, HE would call her.

Now, if it was an emergency situation, I wouldn't have hesitated to call her if my husband was unavailable, but if he was around it was his responsibility to deal with her.

Except he was busy looking for Kyron and perhaps on the road at that moment. Plus, it has been widely told that Terri emailed Desiree many times per day, plus saw her whenever she took the boys down south for visits. They communicated regularly. Desiree was more suspicious because Terri did NOT call herself.

Except he was busy looking for Kyron and perhaps on the road at that moment. Plus, it has been widely told that Terri emailed Desiree many times per day, plus saw her whenever she took the boys down south for visits. They communicated regularly. Desiree was more suspicious because Terri did NOT call herself.

Exactly!

I don't think that facebook friend helped her reputation at all. He didn't seem very credible to me.

This was very hinky and inappropriate IMO. I am glad this was brought up again and I went looking for the article.

“The secretary told Young that Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, asked her to call and inform her that Kyron was missing.”

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html

((( Thanks, Pensfan! )))

Which makes me want to ask again (and oddly, no one has answered), for those who are upset claiming that Terri wasn't considered a 'parent' to Kyron, why is it suddenly Kaine's responsibility to be the one to notify Desiree that Kyron was missing and not Terri? Doesn't being a parent include the crappy jobs as well as the enjoyable ones?

I feel as though this was all happening at once. kaine was realizing that this wasn't a case of boy misses bus, while terri is talking to the office and calling Desiree at the same time. This whole thing must have been surreal. We have the luxury of time and hindsight, they really didn't even know what was happening.
They and the school were probably flying by the seat of their pants. Even kaine said he really couldn't remember exactly what he and terri discussed in the car, because,imo he was trying to wrap his brain about what was happening.

Funny, even though I'm the step mom and now the step gram to eight. I'm the one who has to tell my husband when everyone's birthday is, etc., and we should call them. In that situation, a child missing, I would have told my husband to pick up the phone and call his ex, because her son was missing too. Just me I guess.

I don't think that facebook friend helped her reputation at all. He didn't seem very credible to me.

He actually seemed as though he had difficulty expressing his message. He was not at all convincing.

He actually seemed as though he had difficulty expressing his message. He was not at all convincing.
He got quite emotional, didn't he. His voice seemed cracking with tears at one or two points.

He got quite emotional, didn't he. His voice seemed cracking with tears at one or two points.

I wonder Terri threatened to quit sexting him or not follow through on a future promise if he didn't say something nice about her...the fact that the only person who said something to defend her is a man she can easily manipulate is the most unconvincing thing in the world to me.

ITA. How could he be convincing when all he could say is he knew her back in high school? I had three questions when I saw his interview:

1) Does he or his family have connections to Terri's school-teacher mom or her dad and this was a 'requested' character reference that he did out of pity or because he would suffer in some way if he did NOT do it?

2) Is he really the only and best character reference they can come up with for Terri? Poor thing...

3) Is he just maybe hoping to get something out of the publicity? Or maybe he's hoping to get some 'fun' sexts out of it?

Where is Kyron and BRING HIM HOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member