Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it...

Narrator -friends are also shedding some light on her feelings about her marriage and her frame of mind at the time Kyron went missing.

Gwen - "Terri would actually wear her emotions right on her sleeve, like, Terri looked a wreck."

Narrator - GR, Terri's friend from the gym painted a picture of her as someone so troubled that it showed.

Gwen - "Terri was often emotional, unstable a little bit, you know Tired. Lonely".

You know I'm not a doctor so I won't diagnose. But this statement is completely contradictory to what the male said about Terri how she was fun loving and friendly etc. And that she hasn't changed.

These comments make me believe that Terri had been working up to some sort of break down.

Everyone has a day here and there when they look tired or overwhelmed. Everyone has less than a good hair day and their makeup went on crooked etc., Everyone has a day here and there when their husband deserves a trip to the moon but it generally passes.

But for this constant emotional state something was going on within Terri and this bothers me . Added with the cool stone face we see her display constantly while in public. NO one can be that cold.

I don't ever want to believe that a parent could hurt a child But something is just wrong with what this woman said.

These statements sound more serious.

I can't remember........was Desiree called at 4:35, or 4:45?

According to this it was 4:25:

When Desiree Young's phone rang at 4:25 p.m. on June 4, she answered, not knowing the call would forever change her life.

Susan Hall, the secretary at Skyline School, was calling Young because she was listed as an emergency contact for Young's son, second-grader Kyron Horman.

"She told me, 'I need to notify you that he's missing,' and I said, 'What?'" Young recalled in an interview with The Oregonian. "She said, 'He's missing.'

And I said, 'I don't understand what you mean, he's missing. How can he be missing?' And she said, 'I'm sorry, they asked for me to call you.'"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_recalls_d.html

ITA. How could he be convincing when all he could say is he knew her back in high school? I had three questions when I saw his interview:

1) Does he or his family have connections to Terri's school-teacher mom or her dad and this was a 'requested' character reference that he did out of pity or because he would suffer in some way if he did NOT do it?

2) Is he really the only and best character reference they can come up with for Terri? Poor thing...

3) Is he just maybe hoping to get something out of the publicity? Or maybe he's hoping to get some 'fun' sexts out of it?

Where is Kyron and BRING HIM HOME.

Well we don't know what his relationship with Terri now is. But he put himself out there. So we have a right to question that. What I want to know is who directed Dateline to him. You can bet that investigators and maybe PI's will be interested in him now though.

You know I'm not a doctor so I won't diagnose. But this statement is completely contradictory to what the male said about Terri how she was fun loving and friendly etc. And that she hasn't changed.

These comments make me believe that Terri had been working up to some sort of break down.

Everyone has a day here and there when they look tired or overwhelmed. Everyone has less than a good hair day and their makeup went on crooked etc., Everyone has a day here and there when their husband deserves a trip to the moon but it generally passes.

But for this constant emotional state something was going on within Terri and this bothers me . Added with the cool stone face we see her display constantly while in public. NO one can be that cold.

I don't ever want to believe that a parent could hurt a child But something is just wrong with what this woman said.

These statements sound more serious.

The high school friend said she used to be fun loving and hasn't changed at all?

I wouldn't expect "fun-loving" to be the first word to pop into your mind when you want to describe a devastated person in the middle of the worst crisis of her life, having lost pretty much everything. It tends to show somehow and put having fun in the background for a while.

Either he hasn't had much contact with her or she's taking it remarkably in her stride or fun-loving is an euphemism for "still great for some risque chat".

According to this it was 4:25:

When Desiree Young's phone rang at 4:25 p.m. on June 4, she answered, not knowing the call would forever change her life.

Susan Hall, the secretary at Skyline School, was calling Young because she was listed as an emergency contact for Young's son, second-grader Kyron Horman.

"She told me, 'I need to notify you that he's missing,' and I said, 'What?'" Young recalled in an interview with The Oregonian. "She said, 'He's missing.'

And I said, 'I don't understand what you mean, he's missing. How can he be missing?' And she said, 'I'm sorry, they asked for me to call you.'"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_mother_recalls_d.html

I'm confused because if you look at this video it is the exact picture as shown in the Oregonlive story yet I don't hear "they" or even she.

The video appears to be the same interview the outfits Kaine and Desiree are wearing etc.

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=98125569&sec=547977

I'm confused because if you look at this video it is the exact picture as shown in the Oregonlive story yet I don't hear "they" or even she.

The video appears to be the same interview the outfits Kaine and Desiree are wearing etc.

http://www.kgw.com/video?id=98125569&sec=547977

If you look at the Oregonian article, there is a video with it. I believe it was done the same day as the KGW video. They had a long day where they allowed individual reporters to interview them. So there were several interviews done one after the other. In the KGW video, she does not say "They asked me to call you." But in the Oregonian video, she does.

What we don't know is who "they" refers to.

Didn't Desiree also state, at one time, that Terri was surprised , that she was coming right away? What mother wouldn't drop what ever she was doing, and come as fast as she could, after receiving news like that? That is how a loving mother would react. Not, geez, I wonder why she's in such a hurry to get here, no big deal, Kyron's only missing.

Why do any of you suppose that Kaine did not call his ex-wife, Kyron is THEIR son!!?

My husband would never ask me to call his ex-wife, 25 years later, much like Terri & Desiree, we still don't like each other and that is fine. If there was ever a problem with one of the kids (they're all grown now) when we had them, HE would call her.

Now, if it was an emergency situation, I wouldn't have hesitated to call her if my husband was unavailable, but if he was around it was his responsibility to deal with her.

I hadn't thought of that. If there really was marital problems, and he was having to most of the primary childcare he should have been taking over more and more. He could have been rushing and thinking of what to do, but it is a little odd that neither Kaine or Terri thought to call Desiree to see if maybe Kyron had been trying to call his mom. It's not too unbelieveable to think that maybe a second grader could run off from school and try to run away.

I hadn't thought of that. If there really was marital problems, and he was having to most of the primary childcare he should have been taking over more and more. He could have been rushing and thinking of what to do, but it is a little odd that neither Kaine or Terri thought to call Desiree to see if maybe Kyron had been trying to call his mom. It's not too unbelieveable to think that maybe a second grader could run off from school and try to run away.

Terri didn't think of calling Desiree to see if Kyron had called her because she already knew the answer. She didn't dare speak to Desiree at all. The same way a lying child doesn't want to talk to their parents.

3) Terri's gym buddy made a point of saying that Terri regularly looked exhausted and "unstable"(thanks grandmaj and JBean!). That is a weird way to describe someone's regular appearance.

SBM

That last made me think that person has been following the press coverage of the case. People often pick up words that they wouldn't ordinarily use when they see them associated with a particular situation.

I'm not saying she was lying, just that she may have unconsciously used a word in a context that she had already seen it used in.

The Dateline show was a good re-hash of the case, I thought. I am still on the fence about Terri, but there is SOMETHING weird there. The alleged murder-for-hire plot, the sexting, so soon after this baby's disappearance, puts my in mind of a possible psychiatric illness. The time that was unaccounted for that day, while could be nothing, also raises a red flag to me. Likewise, the pings on Sauvie and the whole "driving Baby K" story---could be something, could be nothing.

Totally MOO, in the prior Dateline interview Kaine seemed much more on the fence about Terri's guilt. Now it seems like he is ready for war, and deeply, deeply wanting to the public (in order to exert pressure?) to without a doubt believe it was Terri. The fact that his story on Terri and his demeanor have changed so much from the previous Dateline to the present one gives me pause.

ETA: If Terri was drinking that excessively to the point of passing out and endangering baby K, why in the world did Kaine not take action??? If that was happening and he let it ride, that's criminal in and of itself in a way, no?

This case is just SO, SO frustrating to me. WHERE IN THE WORLD IS KYRON?????

Kaine went back to the house to meet LE and answer their questions because time was of the essence.

I think Kaine and Terri (if innocent) probably thought that Kyron wouldn't take the trouble to run off to his mother's house on a day that he was supposed to be driven there anyway.

If someone is unhappy or unstable,why would killing a little kid or offing husband #3 solve the problem.??????? OHHHH.......maybe combining both murders would certainly ensure happiness.??:croc:

The more I see that school the more I think how tiny it is...and how odd it is that Kyron was not seen leaving, regardless of who with, by any number of witnesses. Any child walking out of the school, instead of in, should have caught someone's eye, when only hours later it is learned he is gone. And I don't think LE has that type of witness, as I think it would be enough for an arrest by now.

Terri was asking the PTA lady if the t-shirts she had ordered were ready...and was told no. The PTA lady said she had wanted to send them down to Medford with Kyron that day, if ready, and Terri said no big deal, next time, something like that. Sounds like PTA lady was all over the place that morning, as she also says she witnessed Terri takng Kyron's picture. So I did not get the impression that Terri made a point of asking her a question.

bbm~

I did, because that was the subject of one of the random texts she sent to DY that day (or maybe the night before) that DY found odd. Could be just coincidence, but a great way to set up the idea that th fully expected kyron to be going to Medford that day, if she knew he wouldn't be.

I also thought, for the first time, if she has the receipt from the first FM where she DIDN'T by the meds, why doesn't she have one that she got later when she actually bought the meds? I know she has an eye-witness, but where is the receipt for the meds?

jmoo. Sorry if this has been discussed. Just now catching up :)

I still have not had a chance to watch the video...so I am asking your help..when did Desi learn of the alcohol abuse...was it the 25th of Oct. or when.....quite frankly...if it wasn't until then...4 months later... 4 months now later....I'd be pissed and kicking somebody's booty! And questioning his ability as a father...sorry...Desi had a right to know what was going on in that household...custody or not..if KH did not tell Desi..shame on him...leading me to believe...this was not the truth...Let's just go to her (Teri's) normal liquor store...I am sure the "Fam" went to the same liquor store...for those of US who have alcoholics in the family or have had...they tend to go to the Same place...or maybe my experience...because my Dad had a tab....that's after he beat all 7 us with a clothes hanger and tried to stab my mother numerous times with a butcher knife...until...family members stepped in and took us all out of that situation...so sad this did not happen for Kyron...if KH or anyone else knew there was abuse/alcohol or otherwise..and did not report it..them shame on them.....a mother or father can do WHAT THEY need to do for the sake of their children...bottom line...if you don't want to piss her off...so be it...better to be pissed off than pissed on...JMOFO...

The show said that Terri is living with her parents in another town. What happened with a charge against her for the murder-for-hire attempt? (can't believe the show did not cover that, irresponsible journalism, IMO, or maybe I blinked)

There have been no charges filed, the person making the allegations didn't come forward until contacted by LE over six months later and it's known that TMH "shut down" the sting very quickly. Given those two factors, it certainly seems to me that there is reasonable doubt.

Considering those two factors, the show may not have felt it was worth it to go into a secondary issue (secondary in the sense that the show was supposed to be about the search for Kyron, not the divorce proceedings).

I agree. Yet, curiously, she appears stable as granite now. "Ice in her veins", a former police chief said. That directly contradicts the idea that she wore her emotions on her sleeve. Is it because she's away from Kaine? Is it because she's now got a clear goal: stay outta jail? Isn't rattled by small children to care for? Kaine didn't seem to be able to keep her (through her friends and FB) quiet at the beginning, but somehow Houze is doing a remarkable job of it. Could an emotionally unstable person all of a sudden become very stable AFTER committing a heinous crime? Can she be so unstable that she dissociated herself from that-woman-who-did-that-crime? Of course we don't know what she's like in her home or in Houze's office. Which could very well be why she's been advised to shut up.

I believe she's very good at compartmentalizing.

" Kaine,Desiree and Tony all gave Terri the benefit of the doubt for three weeks ".... But,IIRC, Desiree did state that she felt Terri was involved when she got the phone call saying Kyron was missing ? Be interesting to explore why she felt that so quickly,IMO

All JMO

Natural instinct. We often dismiss that as we don't want to believe that little voice in our heads. Fortunately that voice gets louder and louder and makes us listen. (or tune it out completely)

I still have not had a chance to watch the video...so I am asking your help..when did Desi learn of the alcohol abuse...was it the 25th of Oct. or when.....quite frankly...if it wasn't until then...4 months later... 4 months now later....I'd be pissed and kicking somebody's booty! And questioning his ability as a father...sorry...Desi had a right to know what was going on in that household...custody or not..if KH did not tell Desi..shame on him...leading me to believe...this was not the truth...Let's just go to her normal liquor store...for those of US who have alcoholics in the family or have had...they tend to go to the Same place...or maybe my experience...because my Dad had a tab....

You bring up interesting points pertaining their background and history, but to be honest...how is that relevant, really? I can't see how it would help to try & figure out who was "right or wrong". I am sorry, life is messy IMO.

Now that TH rescinded the motion at this point...I see the whole topic as a non-issue (personally)...until at a latter day to be brought up again when TH feels it is convenient to reapply or whatever the correct terminology is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow