New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Lisa and Mickey compare at all. To me, he hid Lisa in plain sight.

I had heard awhile back that if a grave is more than 8ft deep the cadaver dogs cannot get a scent. Do we know how deep the grave was?

Gosh. Who gets up at 5:30am that doesn't have to go to work?

You folks keep saying 5:30 a.m. -- when I go to the link, it says 6:30. Still darn early, I know -- but was the time changed at some point?

You folks keep saying 5:30 a.m. -- when I go to the link, it says 6:30. Still darn early, I know -- but was the time changed at some point?

I believe that the first person who told us of the story said 5:30, but that is before we got the link, which does indeed say 6:30

Me! I am a morning person, have been all my life. I get up at or before 5:30 every single day. Even if I stay up late, my eyes pop open, and I am bright eyed and bushy tailed at dawn!

Hubby works in the oilfield. He doesn't have to get up every morning, but he does.....you'd be amazed at the schedule some of these guys keep, and if you work that schedule for a long enough time, it becomes a habit.

My personal opinion is that Brandon would have made sure to wake up early that day if he were the one responsible for his truck disappearing, because he would want it to look like he had not had enough time to drive the truck 40 miles away and get back to sister's home in time for it to have been him.

(That sounds very convoluted. I hope y'all can "unscramble" kgeaux's thoughts here!)

I keep going back to the first news releases about this truck---the first ones "I" heard. The truck had been identified as Brandon's by the time I knew for a fact that the burned truck was indeed Brandon's. Those early reports said the truck had been "stripped."

I've read suppositions that the word "stripped" means that everything was taken out of the truck, seats, etc. I've read other (informal/word-of-mouth) reports that there were extra tires put inside the truck to make it burn longer.....but I haven't read any MSM reports specifying that the seats were indeed removed, or that tires were indeed burned inside his truck.

Any of y'all know anything?

I never saw a news report about his truck. I did see something circulating about a different truck found stripped.

The latter part, about the new tires being in the truck cab to ensure a more destructive fire, I did hear. That is all I have heard period in regards to his truck and I cannot confirm of that is true but believe it is.

If he had OnStar in his truck, it would show where it was taken. What truck theif drives it right to the place where they are going to torch it? It will be interesting to find out what other stops he made. Also, what was in the toolbox that was so incriminating that he had to burn that too?

He could have walked somewhere after torching the truck and called a cab & had them drop him off away from his sister's house. The walked the rest of the way home. If he paid with cash & it was away from that scene, no one would question it. It would nice to know the kind of area where the truck was found.

I dont have a link handy, but the truck was found in Sam Houston National Forest, IIRC, and people familiar with the area describe it as being a big area of forest basically in the middle of nowhere. If that is true, I doubt a cab was a transportation option, and not sure you would want to do a lot of walking there. JMO

My mind keeps going back to a post about warrants for a place that handles excavators. Am I remembering this correctly? I don't know how to navigate these forums very well to look back. IMO it is possible that LE told BSL that the excavator had GPS and it was only a matter of time before they located Mickey. (This could be true, some of the newer machinery is equipped with GPS for run away renters these days) but regardless it may have been the pressure he needed to crack. This is all just theory of course.

I like what you said here.
I think they knew he had rented/borrowed an excavator and when. Perhaps there was a receipt in his home. If there were a GPS on it, then they (LE)would have known where he took it, just needing the exact location.
JMO

Question:
Can we sleuth or discuss RSO's whose last name is Lavergne?
There are 8 in Lafayette parish. I am curious about 4 of them...convictions involve minors, tier 1,2, and 3. Wondering if they know bsl...

I dont have a link handy, but the truck was found in Sam Houston National Forest, IIRC, and people familiar with the area describe it as being a big area of forest basically in the middle of nowhere. If that is true, I doubt a cab was a transportation option, and not sure you would want to do a lot of walking there. JMO

is it possible that sam houston forest was a rumor? i heard that too, but can't remember if it was MSM.

sheperd, texas is what katc is reporting and this is it (close to sam houston forest, but not as unpopulated)

http://goo.gl/maps/DJpj4

Hi all! Haven't been on here for awhile, but I've been reading daily.
It makes a lot more sense to me that he had the burning supplies hidden somewhere close to where it was eventually burned. It makes no sense to me that someone stole his truck sometime after 10pm and drove it 40 miles to start a fire on the truck prior to 4am. Why would anybody (randomly) steal a truck just to burn it? Makes lots of sense that BSL needed it burned. And I suspect he did it himself.
I'll bet LE knows now how he got back to his sisters too.
ATV possibly?

Oh, I don't for one second think a stranger stole BSL's truck and burned it. I DO think that he either had an accomplice who took the truck from sis's driveway, or that he drove his truck to the burning location and had help getting back to sister's home. I didn't see anything in the LE discovery that was published that would make me think LE knew how the truck got to the burning place, or if BSL drove it there or how he got back to sister's home, but maybe I missed something. I'll have to re-read.

I never saw a news report about his truck. I did see something circulating about a different truck found stripped.

The latter part, about the new tires being in the truck cab to ensure a more destructive fire, I did hear. That is all I have heard period in regards to his truck and I cannot confirm of that is true but believe it is.

Well, crud. Maybe I am mixing up two reports. I am thinking this was a local report, not from Texas, and that it was along the lines of the truck found burned in Texas belonged to BSL, and was stripped. But like I said, I could be "merging" two articles, one of which would be completely unrelated to BSL.

He did have a truck....what's to say he didn't steal another car, hitched it to his truck and towed it, torched the truck, drove back in stolen car that nobody knows it was stolen. Parked it back where it was (within a few miles to blocks) walks back to sister, comes in the door, sister wakes up, BSL pretends to go out and get his shaving kit...MOOOOOOOOOOOO

Question:
There are 8 in Lafayette parish. I am curious about 4 of them...convictions involve minors, tier 1,2, and 3. Wondering if they know bsl...

Why don't you hit the little triangle with the exclamation point in the upper right of your post? That will enable you to ask a moderator directly.

The san Jacinto report states that the location was HUES ROAD ,SHEPHERD ,TX 77371

I don't know how to post a google map but maybe someone will come along who does.

I looks like a small gravel road off of fm 223

He did have a truck....what's to say he didn't steal another car, hitched it to his truck and towed it, torched the truck, drove back in stolen car that nobody knows it was stolen. Parked it back where it was (within a few miles to blocks) walks back to sister, comes in the door, sister wakes up, BSL pretends to go out and get his shaving kit...MOOOOOOOOOOOO

maybe he hitched his sister's car and returned it before sunup. good thinking lera

The san Jacinto report states that the location was HUES ROAD ,SHEPHERD ,TX 77371

I don't know how to post a google map but maybe someone will come along who does.

I looks like a small gravel road off of fm 223

Yes, you're right!

I don't know how to post the map location either but if you look closely, you'll see that Hues Road fades out and then starts up again nearby--just like another piece of a stray thread. The area looks fairly isolated from the satellite view. :detective:

The truth is out there.
--Fox Mulder

Question:

You may sleuth and discuss RSOs in accordance with the rules here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91068"]New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hope that helps,

Salem

Wait a minute...

Didn't I read a news story where the insurance company gave him a rental?

Okay... I just about busted a gut because when I first read this, I thought it said: "Didn't I read a news story where the insurance company gave him a RECTAL?"

Was at first very confused then laughed out loud.... HE DESERVES MORE THAN A RECTAL....

No a poster on here that works for a rental company said he rented a car from TX back to LA. He was not a verified insider and we do not know if this is true.

maybe he hitched his sister's car and returned it before sunup. good thinking lera

Agreed! That would maybe be the reason he went ther to spend the night. To "borrow" his sisters car! Good thinking!
It seems like his continual movements after abducting Mickey were ways to hide the crime and to have alibis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx