New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His sister could have had a motorcycle at her house. I don't know if the sister is married or has a boyfriend or children or anything who could have motorcycle or four Wheeler or dirt bike or anything.

The 35/40 miles from the sister 's house to the truck burned site....is it that many miles by roadway or is it shorter a distance if he would cut through wooded area or something ???? Like I'm speculating if he loaded a four Wheeler in the back of the truck then unloaded it. Set the truck on fire and then went back to the sister's house through the woods or some kind of short cut other than the roadway.just speculation.

Also I haven't caught up reading yet but so far I haven't seen anybody talk much about the 4000 dollar harbor freight tool box. I am wondering if I am the only one thinking that it could contain a murder weapon? Or possibly something like duct tape?? Just speculation.

It is mentioned in the stolen truck report. Not mentioned in the burned truck report!
Those are HUGE! I doubt it and ALL the tools would have burned completely.

It wasn't on the report of the burned truck huh?
Seriously those tool boxes are usually kept in one location.
I have my doubts about that story.
moo

For someone in the military a 40 mile run would be a piece of cake. JMO

He was in the military 14 years ago though. And i thought he wasnt actually in the military for that long. And he was in jail for eight years. I'm not sure about how much exercise a person can get in jail but IMO I would guess that his physical fitness would have surely declined.

Moo

I have heard speculation here on WS since the day we learned of the burned truck's location and a poster came on and said he had a bio sister in that area. Was that Someguy? It seemed reasonable to think so since he had to have an excuse for being in that area.

This is the first I have seen it as an actual fact.

I stated early on BSL needed to be looked at for the I45 murders/disappearances of girls in the area.

But is it the bio sister? I thought he had a sister that was conceived by his adoptive father and the new wife (after the divorce). I thought she lived in TX.

I thought Cynthia & the adopted dad were together until sometime in the late 90's. Unless the child was born several years prior to that I don't see her as old enough to have her own place.

Didn't SomeGuy say BSLs bio mom had OTHER children she kept and didnt give up for adoption? Maybe there are some BROTHERS that helped him?

OK this is weird. Today I was at CC's coffeeshop again on Johnston Street. I saw the guy that I had earlier reported that was BSL. He looks just like him. SO now maybe I must clarify something. I reported after the arrest that I had seen BSL in April at Cc's coffeeshop; now that was probably a mistake. Today I saw someone extremely close in resemblance to BSL. If this person is on websleuths, I want to apologize for my mistake.

Thank you Shelly. That's mighty big of you to come on and admit your mistake.

That sounds like he would have had to have had an accomplice. Be hard to be in your sister's home and driving the truck away at the same time......Unless someone really did steal the truck. (I don't believe that, BTW)

Sorry if this has been said; I'm playing catch-up: I could see it happening, with BSL enlisting an accomplice to pull an "insurance scam," and paying him/her say, $1,000 to "steal" the truck, and then their taking two vehicles to the forest and leaving the truck there. This would work, IMO, without raising the accomplice's suspicions, if the evidence in the truck was not obvious to the casual viewer, but enough where BSL knew it had to be burned.

Sorry... been out of town for a few days... did the FACES lab results make a positive ID that it was Mickey??

Motorcycle makes sense.

He can put that in the truck, burned the truck and ride back in an hour's time.

I dunno; I had thought motorcycle, too, but my thinking hadn't included his staying at his sister's; I had thought he drove out there from Louisiana and dorve the motorcycle back.

For him to had used a motorcycle, he would have had to unload it at his sisiter's before the "theft," (yes, it's possible he used the excuse thathe wanted to take a ride the day before, and so unloaded it), but then creep out in the wee hours, load the motorcycle back into the truck, which would have been hard to do w/o a ramp and w/o starting the motor, which would have woken her up, then driven away in the truck, then driven the motorcycle back to her place, all w/o waking her up.

I saw no indication a motorcycle was reported stolen, so he would have had to ride the motorcycle back to his sister's house.

Yes, it is a mystery how he got back from the forest.

I think he likely had an accomplice to "steal" the truck - left the keys in it and turned off the alarm. Otherwise, how would he have gotten back from the forest?

Insurance scam is the only way I see him getting someone else to cooperate, unless..... he actually did have an accomplice in the abduction who has not been caught. Would BSL cut a deal for life without parole (if he has done so) without ratting out an accomplice?

Not to resurrect the DWT photo at Circle K, but I don't see a passenger (accomplice) in the truck.

So I'm thinking an accomplice parked around the corner from BSL's sister's place, "stole" the truck, BSL snuck out, the two drove the truck to the forest and burned it, then the friend gave BSL a ride back, and he snuck back in before daylight.

JMO, MOO.

The san Jacinto report states that the location was HUES ROAD ,SHEPHERD ,TX 77371

I don't know how to post a google map but maybe someone will come along who does.

I looks like a small gravel road off of fm 223

WOW- just walked FM 223 with the yellow Google Earth man.

The turn-off to Hues Rd. looks just like the exit to the cemetery!! His kind of hideaway!

Now, if he needs to do this at night, I don't see any way someone is going to see/pick up a hitchhiker in the dark on FM 223. I COULD see, though, a cab being called there.

Now that I've seen the road, to keep it simple, maybe he did call a cab, instead of involving an accomplice.

But that creates a new problem: in the dark, the cabbie would very likely see flames from FM 223. And I'm not sure that BSL would stand there and watch it burn, for the risk of being caught if a passing cop sees it from FM 223.

Does he maybe use a timer of some sort? But then, how does he know it's going to be adequately burned, unless he truly was very confident in his arson abilities - to be able to set up an evidence-destroying fire and walk away from it with high confidence it won't go out before the evidence is consumed.

Does everyone agree that the truck was torched at night? Or not? You'd think that torching it during the day, you'd have more traffic out, and more of a chance of someone seeing a smoke cloud and catching him in the act.

Seems to me the risk is a wash: flames can be seen better at night, but fewer people out and about. Smoke less visible than flames during the day - passing motorists could assume someone was burning branches, etc., but more people out and about to investigate.

Hmmmm.

maybe he hitched his sister's car and returned it before sunup. good thinking lera

He would have had to make up an excuse to his sister why he had a car dolly attached to the back of his truck, and likely would have had to rent the dolly from U-Haul. Not too many folks have a car dolly lying around, though for sure it's in the realm of possibility. And, it would have made noise hitching up her car - though maybe her bedroom was far enough away where it couldn't be heard.

It would seem to me that he would have wanted to have been as quiet as possible, "stealing" his own truck.

mmmmm. That's interest about it possibly being a relationship with BSL. Makes me think more towards premeditation, being they had useful machinery and dumpsters he could use to his advantage.
I had heard that the grave was deep, so I was wondering how he got it so deep and an excavator would do the job.
And the dumpster could also prove useful to him. But I never heard of them searching any dumpsites. I could be wrong. Do you know if they did?

I have problems with his using an excavator in the cemetery - if he is caught back there with it, he's in all kinds of trouble, because it can't be explained away. Using a shovel, on the other hand, takes longer, but if one hears a car coming into the cemetery, one can hide behind a tree. Can't hide the excavator.

[respectfully snipped] That address is the excavating business. The reason I think BSL probably did not use an excavator at the Pinseclair Cemetery is twofold:

[respectfully snipped]

Can anyone clear up the name of the cemetery for me? I have seen it spelled five different ways, including conflicting news reports, as:

Pine Clair
Pines Clair
Pinseclair
Pineclair
Pinesclair.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a gravesite website? I don't trust the local reporters to get it right - not criticizing them, but a lot of locals, reporters included don't pay much attention to carefully checking spelling. A reporter could have gotten the wrong spelling from a local or from the police.

Can anyone clear up the name of the cemetery for me? I have seen it spelled five different ways, including conflicting news reports, as:

Pine Clair
Pines Clair
Pinseclair
Pineclair
Pinesclair.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a gravesite website? I don't trust the local reporters to get it right - not criticizing them, but a lot of locals, reporters included don't pay much attention to carefully checking spelling. A reporter could have gotten the wrong spelling from a local or from the police.
I believe it's actually Pinseclair Cemetery.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=68598

We do not discuss members here, it is against TOS.

Thank you!

Pine Clair
Pines Clair
Pinseclair
Pineclair
Pinesclair.

This one says that it's Pinesclair.

http://www.la-cemeteries.com/Cemeteries Evangeline Table.shtml

Hey y'all.. i haven't finished reading all the posts, but..

Anybody else notice his name is misspelled in the report?

He was in the military 14 years ago though. And i thought he wasnt actually in the military for that long. And he was in jail for eight years. I'm not sure about how much exercise a person can get in jail but IMO I would guess that his physical fitness would have surely declined.

Moo

yeah and he looked a little overweight as compared to his Evangeline Parish 99 mugshot. the 99 mugshot looked like a trim "military man" in good shape, but his July 5th mugshot looked like a typical Louisiana 33 year old man that ate good roast and rice and gravy, etoufee, and gumbo on a regular basis. the ladies on those rigs can cook up a good meal, cher! ;)

He would have had to make up an excuse to his sister why he had a car dolly attached to the back of his truck, and likely would have had to rent the dolly from U-Haul. Not too many folks have a car dolly lying around, though for sure it's in the realm of possibility. And, it would have made noise hitching up her car - though maybe her bedroom was far enough away where it couldn't be heard.

It would seem to me that he would have wanted to have been as quiet as possible, "stealing" his own truck.

so you HAVE to have something big and obvious attached to your truck to tow a car?? i see Mexicans towing cars back all of the time on i-10W, but I've never noticed how they "tie" the cars together.

i agree that it would be very risky to attempt this and not wake up the sister, but it's all i can think of besides hitchhiking that seems sort of reasonable.

for a while I thought that maybe he never went to the sister's at all and just lied, but that wouldn't make sense since the stolen report was made from his sister's, and the officer's actually went there.

ahhhhh. this is gonna drive me nuts. can't LE just release how he got back?!:waitasec:

Pine Clair
Pines Clair
Pinseclair
Pineclair
Pinesclair.

Since this is a special report about the cemetery's history. I would think that it would be accurate..
Searching for Mickey Shunick | KATC.com | Acadiana-Lafayette ...

http://www.katc.com/news/history-be...ve-mickey-shunick-was-buried/#!prettyPhoto/0/

History Behind Cemetery Where Police Believe Mickey Shunick Was Buried ... The Pine Clair cemetery was part of a church called "Our Little Flower of Jesus"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne