New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason, the link isn't opening, but it's pinseclair cemetery. if you google that the findgrave website pops up and there is a pic of the cemetery. it matches the pictures in the news links
Maybe those posters who are local might try pronouncing it w/ Church Point-Bois de Mallet accent? JMO

Latest Update Hearing Set For Brandon Lavergne's Murder Trial
12:39 PM by KATC
A hearing has been set for Friday for Brandon Scott Lavergne's murder trial. The request for an evidentiary hearing was asked for by Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes this morning; Judge Herman Clause signed off on the request. The hearing is set for 10:00 a.m.
Lavergne was indicted July 18 by a Lafayette grand jury for the first-degree murder of Shunick and Pate. Lavergne has been indicted in the deaths of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate.
For Page One of the Evidence Document, click here
For Page Two of the Evidence Document, click here

COULD THEY BE SUBMITTING A CONFESSION AND CHANGING THE PLEA?:waitasec:

It's important because it's where Mickey was laid to rest while we were looking for her. That's reason enough for me to want to know the name.

So far, no one can agree on the name.
A trip to the courthouse vendor-vendee records might help.

Latest Update Hearing Set For Brandon Lavergne's Murder Trial
12:39 PM by KATC
A hearing has been set for Friday for Brandon Scott Lavergne's murder trial. The request for an evidentiary hearing was asked for by Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes this morning; Judge Herman Clause signed off on the request. The hearing is set for 10:00 a.m.
Lavergne was indicted July 18 by a Lafayette grand jury for the first-degree murder of Shunick and Pate. Lavergne has been indicted in the deaths of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate.
For Page One of the Evidence Document, click here
For Page Two of the Evidence Document, click here

COULD THEY BE SUBMITTING A CONFESSION AND CHANGING THE PLEA?:waitasec:

Can someone please help me understand what does this mean?

In doing a little research I discovered that the excavating and dirt service, located at the address of the dumpster mentioned in the documents, is owned by a man who has the same last name as BSLs girlfriend's maiden name. Possibly that is her father's business? I don't think BSL used an excavator, more likely LE thinks/thought he may have used their dumpster to get rid of evidence.

ETA: I can't provide links because some are facebook accounts of people who are not involved.

Yes it is the gf's father's business. Maybe he had a large commercial dumpster for the business that BL possibly could've used to dispose of evidence.

Looks like AFG is owned by the father of BSL's GF. That Leger Road is in Crowley, LA and I believe that the other Leger Road listed was a Church Point address--where the dumspter was searched. Unless that was a typo--there is no Leger Road in CP--maybe in Duson--

Yes, I agree. I think the CP was a misprint, especially now since we've heard there were other misprints in the document.

I'm thinking if he led them to Mickey's body as everyone believes since he was out of prison that day, this hearing is to change his plea.

Perhaps he is now looking at life in prison without parole in exchange for them going after the death penalty. If I remember correctly this is what happened in the California case of Chelsea King. The linked him to the other girl's murder (Amber DuBois) and John Gardner showed where Chelsea's body was. After that, he was given life in prison instead of them going for the death penalty. Sounds just like this case to me.

Kind of sucks that he won't be facing the death penalty, but at least Mickey's family can bury her now.

Thank you for demonstrating the problem. It's never spelled the same.

I have no reason to believe KATC got it right. We are lots of wonderful things down here in Cajun country, but accurate we are not, and spellers we are not.

I still don't know what the cemetery's called, and probably never will. Even the police report probably has a different spelling.

Findagrave.com spells it Pinseclair. If you look at obits of people who are buried there it is spelled Pines Claire or Pine Claire though. We may never know the real spelling I'm afraid. Possibly changed spelling over the years? I even found a bulletin from St. Ann's in Mamou that spells it Pain Claire's!

So, wasn't his father (step father? adoptive father? not sure which) in the hospital recently? Maybe he's not doing so well? THIS IS JUST MY THOUGHTS, NOT FACT.

His adoptive father was in the hospital, his step-father has already passed away I believe.

I'm thinking if he led them to Mickey's body as everyone believes since he was out of prison that day, this hearing is to change his plea.

Perhaps he is now looking at life in prison without parole in exchange for them going after the death penalty. If I remember correctly this is what happened in the California case of Chelsea King. The linked him to the other girl's murder (Amber DuBois) and John Gardner showed where Chelsea's body was. After that, he was given life in prison instead of them going for the death penalty. Sounds just like this case to me.

Kind of sucks that he won't be facing the death penalty, but at least Mickey's family can bury her now.

that was what I was thinking.

sorry if this was already discussed, justr getting home from work.

I'm so glad you did this so I don't have to. I think another poster mentioned that someone in the household may take Ambien? If so, not only would they sleep, but there's a window in Ambien where you develop amnesia. Can't remember what you do. I had a friend who took it & the next morning couldn't find his keys. They were in the fridge. He had no memeory of the event.
And you're right about the short window & the oddity of someone wandering on that street, stealing a truck, & then burning it? Again, as w/ LE in nola & Jeff parish, completely bizarre stories. I just want to know what the insurance company thought of his story. And no car alarm?
And, b/c I know nothing of this, does someone who works offshore need w/ that large a tool box??

BBM

I had posted earlier that if she takes Ambien...

Just want to clear it up that I have no clue if she did/does.

I take it and my husband has told me that I wake up in the exact position that I went to sleep in... I never move.

That's what I was thinking- calling it this to avoid the media but I don't think that'll work. The media will be there- ESPECIALLY with all the speculating going on that he led police to Mickey as part of a plea deal.

A friend said maybe they were discussing the evidence in court with the judge to determine what's admissible or not but it seems very early for that type of hearing?

Won't avoid the press but maybe a lynch mob then. Way early to be having hearings on what is admissible and what's not.

Yes, if there's a plea agreement, that process would have to be followed through with. I have just never heard it called the same thing that Friday's hearing is called. Of course, I don't live in LA and all states have there own words to describe the same thing.

-----------

Thanks for that. If you read/listen to video, here's a quote:

In the report filed on May 31st, Lavergne claims when he went to his truck at 6:30 that morning to get his shaving kit, the truck was gone. Also in the truck, his red tool box. The estimated value of the tool box and truck was $34,000.

BS Lavergne intentionally set his 2011 Silverado on fire, then purchased a 2009 Silverado...
A search on the price of the 2009 replacement truck would have been approximately $25,000.00. This would have given BSL about $9,000.00 working capital/travel expenses.

Glad they arrested him on July 5, 2012 before he absconded and truly became an everywhere, nowhere man...

http://autos.aol.com/used/kbb/Chevr...+Cab-LT_Pickup_4D_5_3_4_ft/2009/retail-value/

"Judge Herman Clause set an evidentiary hearing for 10 a.m. Friday in the case of Brandon Scott Lavergne, the man accused of killing Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate.

Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes, lead prosecutor in the case, requested the hearing this morning.

The request states that the evidentiary hearing be "limited to the perpetuation of testimony." "

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

What does all this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member