New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this about LA/Cameras in courtrooms. Still searching for other sources.

http://www.rcfp.org/browse-media-la...d-law-fall-2003/camera-access-americas-courtr

Louisiana civil service hearing closed to cameras
A civil service referee banned cameras from a civil hearing to adjudicate a wrongful termination lawsuit filed by a former employee of the Public Service Commission.
WWL-TV reporter Dave McNamara protested the ban as a violation of Louisiana's Open Meetings Law. According to McNamara, the civil service hearing, held Aug. 6 in Baton Rouge, was not conducted in a courtroom, but in a "quasi-courtroom" style.
"There was a hearing officer and then they took testimony," McNamara said. "It was not an actual courtroom."
Current Louisiana courtroom guidelines allow cameras in the state Supreme Court, but prohibit cameras inside lower-level courtrooms. According to a statute within the Louisiana local civil rules, cameras are banned "to minimize interference with and disruptions of the court's business."
Even though civil service hearings were not conducted in a courtroom, Civil Service Referee Roxie Goings Clark told Baton Rouge's The Advocate, "We are having a court hearing with witnesses; [cameras] would upset the courtroom."

BTK; Dennis Rader(KS)..He escalated to ritualistic murder. He had predug the grave of one of his last victims and photographed/videoed himself in the grave wearing her bra/panties/burial mask before burying the innocent victim...

Many of BTK victims clothes/other personal items/IDs;dr licenses etc., were found at his residences. Even a few that were prior & future intended victims; the more fortunate ones..

I jus bout threw up...

Trying to avoid the media circus is a good point, however, would calling it something else be, well, legal? If it is about preservation of testimony, could it be BSL's adoptive father, who was hospitalized when Mickey was murdered? It could be any witness, though. No cameras in Louisiana courtrooms.

I apologize if this has already been answered. Catching up. Just bouncing off this post.

The law is the law. They aren't concerned with media. They must follow the proper channels in a legal case of this nature. There is no beating around the bush.

From the records posted earlier, BSL was allowed $4,000.00 for the tool box.
The burned DWT was a 2011 & BSL replaced it with a 2009 DWT...

My reasoning for the post was that most folks would have purchased a newer vehicle, or at least one as new as the lost vehicle.
What motivated BSL to settle for an older vehicle? Was it for additional travel money should he be forced to go on the run?

Guess he will be poor because now he will have to pay it back!

BTK; Dennis Rader(KS)..He escalated to ritualistic murder. He had predug the grave of one of his last victims and photographed/videoed himself in the grave wearing her bra/panties/burial mask before burying the innocent victim...

Burial masks were worn during burial rituals in the neolithic period(stone age)..

Many of BTK victims clothes/other personal items/IDs;dr licenses etc., were found at his residences. Even a few that were prior & future intended victims; the more fortunate ones..

Thanks Foxfire... Cajun net says there are photo's...If there are I wonder what BSL's photo's look like..hmmm Thank God he didn't last as long as BTK!!

"Perpetuation of testimony"
http://www.katc.com/files/evidencedox1.pdf

Could this be a "confession" given by BSL in court while under oath?

OR could the person he confessed to be testifying as to BSL's
admission of guilt ?

I think as far as Priests go testimony and confession go hand in hand...
or not.
:waitasec: color me confused!

I don't know this but maybe he is giving testimony before being shipped off to TX where he will be charged in other cases? Unlikely but it could happen eventually.

I just spoke with an attorney from downtown Baton Rouge. He explained to me what the following means

"the State requests the fixing of an evidentiary hearing,
limited to the perpetuation of testimony"

First he said that in general, an evidentiary hearing is a hearing to see what evidence will be allowed in court and to what extent. He says that evidence consists of 2 things: testimonies and exhibits.

According to the above quote, the state is requesting that the defense present what testimonies they would like to use at trial. The Judge decides what will be allowed before the jury and to what extent.

It's hard to come up with an example of a testimony that the defense may want to use since BSL seems so guilty and since those near and dear to him are suspicious of him - at least according to the Cajunnet.

The atty, not following this case very closely, could only come up with an example of a testimony for the STATE, that the Judge might deny - CH saying how BSL harrassed her etc. The Judge might not allow that testimony in trial. So, that's the purpose of an evidentiary hearing - to decide what evidence will or will not be allowed to be used during the trial before the jury.

THIS particular evidentiary hearing on Friday is for the Defense to show the Judge what TESTIMONIES they want to use in trial before the jury. The hearing on Friday will not include what exhibits they want to use. They will most likely have a separate hearing for exhibits.

FWIW, all of this above is according to a Baton Rouge attorney.

It makes sense to me now, so I hope he's right.

Exactly. I have been talking about this for a couple of days. Both sides want to admit what they can to either convict or defend but only certain things will be allowed.

Sorry, Crimson clover..these predators are purveyors of darkness and only escalate with each innocent victim devoured.

"You have to enter the fire to extinguish the flames of evil"...

Whom might I 'google' for that quote, Foxfire? I'll just perceive it spilled from your brilliant mind! Ok, so... 'held for documentation'? Can you, or anyone, educate me on this? I pursue this only for reasons to connect dots of arson.

For those of you who don't understand south Louisiana geneaology...my great-great-great grandmother was a Leger. I don't know a single one.

I understand that there are a lot of common surnames in Acadiana, and sharing the last name with someone doesn't mean you're related to them or know them. However in this instance, the gf's father does own the company at that address.

Whom might I 'google' for that quote, Foxfire? I'll just perceive it spilled from your brilliant mind! Ok, so... 'held for documentation'? Can you, or anyone, educate me on this? I pursue this only for reasons to connect dots of arson.

Crimson clover, yep that's my quote.. An inferno/fire/flames are analogous to a demon, as well as are serial predators. A fire is a living and breathing entity. Flames are ever changing in their form and intensity, elusive, and very very unpredictable..

"That is why you must be prepared to enter the fire to extinguish the flames of evil"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIilh_7nFI"]Backdraft - YouTube[/ame]

Crimson clover, yep that's my quote.. An inferno/fire/flames are analogous to a demon, as well as a predator. A fire is a living and breathing entity. Flames are ever changing in their form and intensity, elusive, and very unpredictable..

"That is why you must be prepared to enter the fire to extinguish the flames of evil"...

OK, Foxfire, I know fire. I know demons. Keep in mind I am a veteran firefighter's wife. I shall be vocal, no longer complacent...you all have allowed me my voice. All I need to know tonight is wtf means 'held for documentation'?

OK, Foxfire, I know fire. I know demons. Keep in mind I am a veteran firefighter's wife. I shall be vocal, no longer complacent...you all have allowed me my voice. All I need to know tonight is wtf means 'held for documentation'?

Cool, CC...

RE: All I need to know tonight is wtf means 'held for documentation'?

"CC, I don't have a clue"..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4xpDuf84A&feature=related"]I Am Woman - Helen Reddy - YouTube[/ame] LOL..

Hey everyone. I am NOT trying to start a “owl or bike under truck” crazy talk … but I do wonder if anyone has found out what those “odd things” are in the trees to the right side of the attached photo (the photo where Mickey was found). I also find it odd that Google EARTH has imagery for the spot dated 05/31/2012 … almost like LE was involved? I have NO idea … I just know there are so many other places you think would be updated on Google EARTH … just got me thinking.[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/love2eatcrawfish357/7786381630/in/photostream"]Image | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]
Any thoughts on what those things are? If you are on Google EARTH, check it out yourself … I just find it odd. Any thoughts?

The husband is an aerial firefighting crew chief. Fire is no joke and has a mind of it's own. "held for documentation" is held without bond usually until documentation or records can be verified.

As in this case..
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2012...-because-authorities-thought-she-was-illegal/

Re: "held for documentation" I am not coming up with anything except maybe having to do with citizenship (arizona and all). Can you provide more context?

“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
Helen Keller

Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.
Helen Keller

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.
Helen Keller

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/helen_keller.html#Tg0bWDDMuZ94fdwT.99

It loaded for me earlier... but it won't now.

It was Pinesclair.

Findagrave just loaded for me.

It says Pinseclair.

I have no idea about the bonafides.

This seems like such a small fact to be driving me crazy, but heck, seeing the multiple spellings drives me as crazy as the regular WS poster who consistently spells Mickey's last name wrong.

Probably no way to figure it out except interviewing a really old member of the old church, and then hope he/she can spell.

“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
Helen Keller

Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.
Helen Keller

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.
Helen Keller

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/helen_keller.html#Tg0bWDDMuZ94fdwT.99

Thank you, Foxfire! I need not 'google' either Helen. Love them both! I feel out of bounds. Foreign territory. Speculation of a familiar name, poss associated with BSL, shortly after his arrest. Arson ties. IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx