New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that there are a lot of common surnames in Acadiana, and sharing the last name with someone doesn't mean you're related to them or know them. However in this instance, the gf's father does own the company at that address.
Don't know about Church Point. I do know about the Broussards all over the world who are descendants of three Broussard children who were driven here from Canada. I'm a descendant of Anne, the sister. My hubs is a descendant of Joseph, one of her brothers. One of my professors was a descendant of Alexander, the other brother.
At the last Broussard family reunion, a feat in & of itself, the tally was @ 250,000. Yes, that's right. It filled volumes of books & many CDs. I had never met hubs before. Never met my professor before.
If you have the time & aspirin, & are interested, Rev Donald Hébert of Mire published over 30 volumes of birth, marriage & death certificates from all over the Acadiana area, even venturing into Galveston. It's there you can see who is related to whom. I'm an Hébert too, way back, like the Leger. I didn't know him till I met him.

Findagrave just loaded for me.

It says Pinseclair.

I have no idea about the bonafides.

This seems like such a small fact to be driving me crazy, but heck, seeing the multiple spellings drives me as crazy as the regular WS poster who consistently spells Mickey's last name wrong.

Probably no way to figure it out except interviewing a really old member of the old church, and then hope he/she can spell.
The courthouse, CF. if it it's the cemetary of a Bois de Mallet family, & you can't find much in records, ask an older Guillory, Pappilon, Collins or Ledet from there.

I wonder if the person who will testify Friday is his X-wife....the DA wants to try and get in, the abuse he inflicted on his X. This will show a pattern, and will link to how MS and LP were murdered.....basically cause of death, his MO.

Possibilities:

-terminally ill person
-person who works away-from-home at long periods of time
-transportation-challenged person from another state who is planning on being in town at that time
-person who is currently incarcerated, and whose jailer(s) have arranged for testimony at this specific time to accommodate logistical concerns
-undercover-type person (or someone in the FWPP) whose identity the state/feds seek to protect

Other ideas?

ETA: Jumping off of your idea, CajunLady, perhaps it's his biological father? Long-shot, I know, but perhaps he agreed to testify in exchange for LE protecting his identity.

Perhaps it is another person involved and the reason for expediancy is to provide for a speedy trial for this person. Maybe somebody else was arrested and is taking a plea in exchange for their testimony. speculation based on nothing.

Don't know about Church Point. I do know about the Broussards all over the world who are descendants of three Broussard children who were driven here from Canada. I'm a descendant of Anne, the sister. My hubs is a descendant of Joseph, one of her brothers. One of my professors was a descendant of Alexander, the other brother.
At the last Broussard family reunion, a feat in & of itself, the tally was @ 250,000. Yes, that's right. It filled volumes of books & many CDs. I had never met hubs before. Never met my professor before.
If you have the time & aspirin, & are interested, Rev Donald Hébert of Mire published over 30 volumes of birth, marriage & death certificates from all over the Acadiana area, even venturing into Galveston. It's there you can see who is related to whom. I'm an Hébert too, way back, like the Leger. I didn't know him till I met him.

http://www.houseofnames.com/broussard-coat-of-arms

'Interesting Donamena'..
Noticed there are 40+ variations of spellings of the Broussard surname..

-------------
My immediate guess, is that those little white spots perched atop the trees and seen at that distance are, not owls, or buzzards, but:

Snowy Egrets

They do nest sometimes high up in pine or fir trees. They also are prevalent in many areas of the U.S.

There are photos online of them perched atop trees.

Although not indigenous to the area. Could it be a nest of a Blue Footed Booby?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NAKg46s1DA&feature=relmfu"]What in the World is a Blue Footed Booby? - YouTube[/ame]

It could be the defense calling for the hearing. They do that to see what cards the prosecution is holding or it could be that BSL will plead guilty. Prosecutors love to try "newsy" cases so he may be hoping that BSL won't plead and the case can proceed.

Before BSL told LE where to find Mickey, his attorneys would have sewn up an agreement, e.g., I don't think he would have said it was an accident because there's no way the prosecution would have accepted that. Also, the prosecutor could not pretend to accept an accident version just to find Mickey. Whatever they agreed to is pretty much solid unless the judge decides otherwise. They could have agreed to a no DP or they could have agree to 2nd degree murder. Guess we'll find out on Fri.

Edited to add:
Just read The Advertiser story. The witness could be a BSL family member. Maybe this is the person who convinced BSL to confess or may be someone to whom BSL confessed and the prosecutor is afraid they'll change their mind about testifying so he's striking now. Hopefully, it isn't CH because I really feel that she'll be easily discredited unless she has pictures of BSL killing Lisa.

Perhaps it is another person involved and the reason for expediancy is to provide for a speedy trial for this person. Maybe somebody else was arrested and is taking a plea in exchange for their testimony. speculation based on nothing.

If someone assisted him at some point, like giving him a ride after burning his truck, this could be that person's testimony. Maybe?

My guess as to the Pinesclaire (clearcut/cleared pines)Cemetery's name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Highway_10#History

where the road turns sharply south, a scenic road begins that passes through

* pine forests that were once clear cut during the lumber boom that ended in the mid-1930s'.

There is a roadside marker commemorating the work of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in replanting depleted forests in the area.

"there is a reason for the seasons"...

I wonder if the person who will testify Friday is his X-wife....the DA wants to try and get in, the abuse he inflicted on his X. This will show a pattern, and will link to how MS and LP were murdered.....basically cause of death, his MO.

That's what I was thinking too. I think he ended up strangling them to death.

Will the hearing be streamed live? Do we know what the regulations are about cameras in the courtrooms in LA?

C.Cr.P article 292 A preliminary examination shall be immediately granted upon request of the State or Defendant unless the Defendant has been indicted by a Grand Jury..

"Just speculation & my opinion, but from my layman's interpretation of the info provided in the above link and other observations:

'A plea agreement has been reached with BS Lavergne in the murders of Mickey Shunick & Lisa Pate. Once all the legal formalities are completed, and Judge Clause is satisfied that BSL's rights are understood and protected. There will be a sentencing hearing promptly scheduled unless BSL waives the 3 day delay. If waived, sentencing may occur on Friday.

9. Sentence

If a defendant is convicted of a felony, there must be a delay of three days unless the defendant waves this delay.

My gut says a bomb shell on Friday...oh my did I just say Bomb Shell?

Hate to put it like this but what if on Friday it would be this: BSL would change his plea to guilty and tell the court that he hit MS with his truck and got down and did something to her( hit her or maybe stabbed her) and then put her in the back seat and she got something and damn near kicked his BUTT and he lost it and done her in and the Daily Advertiser camera shows something and he doesn't want the DP so he chooses to confess.
Now this is only me playing Magnum PI and I didn't sleep at the Holiday Inn Express last night.

Thank you. I thought it was on the police report but did not see where.
IMO it may have been his sisters house or he could have lied. Not the first time he would have lied to police when reporting a crime. A crime that he committed... Just speculation.

I think a police officer would have to show up at that house to take the stolen truck report. I don't think he could lie about who lived there..they would have a way to check. JMO

How SO stupid our Cajun language and accent comes across to the outside world! The local media always finds the most unflattering spokespeople to comment news events. Ugggghhhh.

I don't find the man's accent to be unflattering at all. His accent is a good example of what a true old Cajun accent sounded like. Having grown up around my older relatives who did not learn to speak English until they were adults, I am familiar with the accent, and I MISS hearing people speak like that. I'd give my right arm to be able to hear my PaPa talk to me in that accent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx