New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You raise an interesting perspective.

I do believe though that there is a plea deal involved here that allowed LE to find Mickey.

If there is indeed a plea deal then there will be no trial as most of us know a trial to be. This is an important distinction as there will not be a jury. There will be some of the lead investigators outlining the evidence but little to no detail. There as well may be some forensic evidence given but once again not any detail.

In a plea deal, specific to this case, the only thing that would happen is that BSL gives the specifics to LE and the DA does not pursue the death penalty.

If this is the case the media attention has no bearing whatsoever on the sentence. That has already been stipulated in the plea deal.

This is very important to remember.

Right, I know there wouldn't be a trial if he accepts (accepted) a plea. I hope that he is accepting a plea that will save taxpayers a ton of money but more importantly, one that spares Mickey and Lisa's families a trial.

As far the witnesses describing a white truck and a partial plate- I don't understand how they remembered a partial plate # yet didn't realize it was a Louisiana plate. That just seems off to me. I hope LE is taking the tips seriously and asking BSL is whereabouts on 4/26/10 but I am not ready to believe he is responsible based on that tip. DWT's are everywhere as we all recently figured out. I think it warrants being checked into but it's not enough to be speculated about in the local media (where the jury will come from if there is a trial for Mickey & Lisa). JMO

Bing.com has different aerial views with different angles from Google. Look at it and compare them to Googles maps. It gives a very different look to the area.

BSL's attorneys are seasoned criminal lawyers and they would have worked out the plea to cover not only Mickey and Lisa but any future cases as well. They could be announcing charges but these would be taken care of with any plea deal.

It really is not too early. One of the purposes of an evidentiary hearing can be for the defense to find out what the prosecution plans to use in their case.
Remember even though we all pretty much think BSL is guilty, in the eyes of the law, he is still innocent and is given every opportunity to defend himself.

I agree that I would imagine a plea deal would be in place already as well.

I will defer to you locals on the second point. Here, it would would not be named what it is in this pleading and the DA would not call for the hearing if it was the defense seeking the discovery. Like I said before, I'm not familiar with LA law and while there are many similarities from state to state there are also many differences. I will defer to the locals. Oh and absolutely, he's innocent until proven guilty from a legal point of view. I don't think I said he wasn't and certainly didn't mean to imply otherwise and apologize if I did.

Testimony will be given Friday in a hearing related to accused murderer Brandon Scott Lavergne, but court officials have not disclosed the identity of the person to testify.

"Perpetuation is primarily used for a witness who otherwise might not be available for
trial," either because of illness, death or they don't have a fixed address, "

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120815/NEWS01/208150328/-1/rss01

BBM - possibly a homeless person at Whiskey Bay ??!!?? hmmmmmmm

Very well could be. I'm still stumped.

Can somebody please help me out with NSEW? Is the highway north of the cemetary, unidentified white spots East, and the poop pond West?

Tia... I am all turned around now!

This sounds similar to when the police in Indiana tried to connect the Lauren spierer case to Mickey's, no? Am I wrong?

I don't think you are wrong, I just think that it isn't the same. When Lauren Spierer's case was brought up in relation to Mickey's, no one was in custody so the media couldn't report that "Indiana police are questioning if BSL is responsible for Lauren's disappearance."

Right, I know there wouldn't be a trial if he accepts (accepted) a plea. I hope that he is accepting a plea that will save taxpayers a ton of money but more importantly, one that spares Mickey and Lisa's families a trial.

As far the witnesses describing a white truck and a partial plate- I don't understand how they remembered a partial plate # yet didn't realize it was a Louisiana plate. That just seems off to me. I hope LE is taking the tips seriously and asking BSL is whereabouts on 4/26/10 but I am not ready to believe he is responsible based on that tip. DWT's are everywhere as we all recently figured out. I think it warrants being checked into but it's not enough to be speculated about in the local media (where the jury will come from if there is a trial for Mickey & Lisa). JMO

If the license plate was written down as asserted, and then checked and partially matched BSL's, that is critical information that needs to be followed up on.

This family needs closure as well. It is not like BSL is going to be released. The newspaper is not stating it was him, they are giving the information they know at this point in time.

The family itself has stated in one of the interviews that they are not getting their hopes up but if this information leads them to find their daughter is that not the purpose behind this?

I am sorry I am not getting why it is ok for one family to get closure and not another.

ETA Ali went missing in April of 2010, longgggggggggg before anyone knew of BSL.

Bing.com has different aerial views with different angles from Google. Look at it and compare them to Googles maps. It gives a very different look to the area.

Also, you can rotate the view giving you different photos of the area. I don't see the white things. I am not sure what dates these pics on Bing are from but it looks like they are during the fall.

Want to make sure we don't get off track here. I'm not asserting that the blue spots are bodies. I'm asserting that they are irregularities which I'd like to see explained (even if it's nothing more than distortion of the photograph by some natural or artificial means) and/or investigated.
Maybe the spots were something on the camera lens?

If the license plate was written down as asserted, and then checked and partially matched BSL's, that is critical information that needs to be followed up on.

This family needs closure as well. It is not like BSL is going to be released. The newspaper is not stating it was him, they are giving the information they know at this point in time.

The family itself has stated in one of the interviews that they are not getting their hopes up but if this information leads them to find their daughter is that not the purpose behind this?

I am sorry I am not getting why it is ok for one family to get closure and not another.

Definitely not okay for one family to get closure over another. I wish that there weren't ANY families who needed closure. I can't imagine the hell Ali's mom has been through the last 2 years while not knowing. I'm not saying that at all. My point was basically, I think that responsible reporting is a must so that the trial can stay in Lafayette and that I hope a conviction is obtained by BSL getting a fair trial.

I second that notion ... makes me want to drive out there myself just to see EXACTLY what they are (but I won't) ... (I don't think!!!)
Are the spots on any other google images in the area? If they're related to the camera they should be on other images from the same time.

Definitely not okay for one family to get closure over another. I wish that there weren't ANY families who needed closure. I can't imagine the hell Ali's mom has been through the last 2 years while not knowing. I'm not saying that at all. My point was basically, I think that responsible reporting is a must so that the trial can stay in Lafayette and that I hope a conviction is obtained by BSL getting a fair trial.

Yes they do. It as well has no bearing on MS at all.

If this has been reported accurately I do not see any irresponsible reporting. They are reporting that some witnesses wrote down a partial license plate number that would then partially match a truck belonging to BSL. They are not stating he kidnapped her, murdered her, et al. They are stating what is hopefully fact which LE will or are investigating.

Ok, now I definately think they are egrets flying and the green and blue spots are like a double exposure result due to motion. (colored shapes are exact shape as white spots sort of like shadow or vapor trail)

I am sure in 5 minutes I will have a different theory.

I don't think you are wrong, I just think that it isn't the same. When Lauren Spierer's case was brought up in relation to Mickey's, no one was in custody so the media couldn't report that "Indiana police are questioning if BSL is responsible for Lauren's disappearance."

Thank you,

So basically they were going on the similarities of both girls being out at bars, going home late, disappearing, along with the presence of a white truck. Pretty much circumstantial ...

Ok, now I definately think they are egrets flying and the green and blue spots are like a double exposure result due to motion. (colored shapes are exact shape as white spots sort of like shadow or vapor trail)

I am sure in 5 minutes I will have a different theory.

But egrets aren't rectangular in shape :maddening: it seriously is driving me nuts not being able to figure it out

Guys, KATC and the news in general are not speculating BSL's involvement out of no where. Trust me. There is a lot more than just a similarity in the license plate numbers. Be patient, and trust that they aren't getting their information from out the air, they are getting it from a reliable source.

I have no idea how to post a map photo from other sites. I have been looking at the website Terraserver.com. You can go back and look at different dates of pictures. The woods to the east of the cemetery do not seem very old. The trees close to the cemetery are much taller than the trees to the east. You can tell that on all the maps by the shadows or the trees closer to the cemetery. On the 1/1/04 photo it looks like there were a few trails or roads in that area east of the cemetery. I am not from the area, so I know nothing about it, but it looks to me like the area you are seeing the white dots used to be an open field or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995