New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
kgeaux, CajunA, MamaRoux, CajunCoDe, courtneyb, and all other WS members and guests I may have offended with my original post...apologies. I meant no disrespect to the gentleman in the video. My comment was targeted at the local media. Jus the words wrote all wrong. Ma panties in an uproar that evenin...or a major 'pet ah crrrrrochet'!
I am of Cajun heritage, and speak as all do. Ima (I am going to) NOT tell ma 78 year daddy (who sits drinking coffee, speaking French with me almost every day) what I posted. He liable ta tear me a new one wit da finest of Cajun cuss words!
So...I'll take my foot out my mouth now, and thank you for puttin me in my place. Carry on...

Ah shoot what character you have to come out and fall on the sword. You're good people. With that, there is no way my funny side can ignore this so it isn't meant as an insult to you at all. O'k?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-P8Fgfhvk"]Crimson & Clover - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks! That's the first time I've seen the mounds of earth (click "satellite view"). They are a lot bigger than I had assumed, and so is the cleared area. This was obviously done with a excavator. What's curious is that the farmer thought to call the police - obviously he didn't do it. Who trespassed on his lannd and dug a big cleared area without his knowledge? There's a house in front of it, off of Lumas Rd., and two dirt trails that converge on the exact spot. Why wouldn't the house owner know what's up? The fact that the trails converge on the spot mean that the spot has some ongoing significance on that property. Maybe the house does not belong to the farmer, and he saw the mounds from an adjacent property? Maybe the homeowner was digging a private dump site for debris? What it actually looks like to me is that someone started digging a crawfish pond and didn't finish.

I know this is going to sound very strange to some, but -- could someone have been stealing (or getting ready to steal) dirt from off this property?

(In my county, there have been so many scandals over dirt, it's not funny! Questionable county contracts, etc., to buy fill dirt -- you know, for road repairs and that kind of thing.)

Some really nervy private (or otherwise) "crew" could have driven an excavator back there, unbeknownst to the landowner, to get dirt they needed to fix a driveway, or for any number of things, really.

Although possible with bsl, I highly doubt he has others in that forest unless you they were taken from about a 30-60 minute radius from that graveyard. He seems to have about equal times of dumping distance and abduction distance.

Now if he gets convicted with more which I feel highly so, they should look into small cemeteries that are 60 minutes or less from the abduction site. Abducting someone any further and driving that far with bodies is just too risky, 60 minutes is already pushing it.

I think he's strange enough to possibly dig up graves already there and just dump another body there in that grave, to make sure it's never checked. A grave that isn't often visited so that it wouldn't look like it had been disturbed.

If they begin looking for more victims, there's a small cemetery in the HOOK MAN bridge forest that I had taken pictures of a while back, the day before Mickey's body was sadly found. But that is very close to Rayne and it's basically just tomb stones in the forest now, because they've been there so long.

Burying a body that deep means the chance of it never being found despite bad weather conditions.

Thanks! That's the first time I've seen the mounds of earth (click "satellite view"). They are a lot bigger than I had assumed, and so is the cleared area. This was obviously done with a excavator. What's curious is that the farmer thought to call the police - obviously he didn't do it. Who trespassed on his lannd and dug a big cleared area without his knowledge? There's a house in front of it, off of Lumas Rd., and two dirt trails that converge on the exact spot. Why wouldn't the house owner know what's up? The fact that the trails converge on the spot mean that the spot has some ongoing significance on that property. Maybe the house does not belong to the farmer, and he saw the mounds from an adjacent property? Maybe the homeowner was digging a private dump site for debris? What it actually looks like to me is that someone started digging a crawfish pond and didn't finish.
I also got the impression that someone was digging a pond. Originally I imagined three mounds of dirt looking like graves. This looks like the three mounds of dirt were simply taken from the original pit that was being dug.

Don't know if any one has posted this. I try to keep up with all the posting before posting anything but this might of been said. In Louisiana there is a great deal of deer hunting in that area and it could be deer blinds that are mounted up in the trees. Deer blinds are mounted up in the trees to be able to see the deers before they see you. It could be the blinds that Google has picked up.
Sorry if this has been posted.

As we await the hearing tomorrow morning, the old saying "Tell the truth, shame the devil" comes straight to mind. I believe we all have the capacity for the greatest good and the worst evil inside of us...even the best of us. When I read some of the vile outpourings online regarding BSL from supposedly "good" citizens among us, it makes me cringe. I am sure that I'm not alone in stating that I have heard of some people who have served "cajun justice" on suspected pedophiles. Does that make them the "good guys" in the eyes of God? I hardly think so, and what if the object of their hatred was innocent, or had already made his peace with God? We are not here to take lives, even if they are evil. That's God's work. JMO
At the hearing tomorrow, I believe he has a golden opportunity to shame the devil, by being totally honest and forthcoming and by showing true and heartfelt remorse for his sins/crimes. It won't bring back any of the precious young lives he has taken, but it will give the victims' families the answers they have sought for so long. Shame the devil, and no more "BS" Mr. Lavergne!!!

"Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. ... Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways," says the Lord GOD. "Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn and live!"" (Ezekiel 18:27-28, 30-32).

Didn't someone say the Google photo with the white dots was taken May 31 of this year?

Anyone know if there was rain in that area around then? If so, I wonder if the white spots might be a small amount of water at the bottom of holes or pits excavated (for what purpose, I have no idea) -- the light could be striking the water in such a way to cause the "white" reflection and colored prism effect.

I also got the impression that someone was digging a pond. Originally I imagined three mounds of dirt looking like graves. This looks like the three mounds of dirt were simply taken from the original pit that was being dug.

BBM above:
For Crawfish ponds they don't dig them out, they build levies around the land high enough to hold the water. They are wide enough to ride 4 wheelers on. My father had a 22 acre crawfish pond, which was used for rice at the end of crawfish season.
They do dig out fish ponds, for catfish, ect. :smile:

I find this very interesting K.jill!!! I think quite a few missed my earlier post about the name of the cemetery. It is generally referenced as Pinseclair. In French: Pin s'eclair I am sure that the other spellings are a result of people writing down what the words sound like. That is common here as Cajun French is an archaic form of the language compared to formal or Parisian French and is not formally written (though there are some dictionaries that have been compiled) If you speak French, you know what I mean and as it would be pronounced "panz-clair". The literal translation would be "light pine" or "lightening pine". I found some old Ping images of the cemetery and the tree color varies with those closest to the cemetery being almost a gray green. I'll try to link.

Anyway--back to the white dots---interesting if the older folks named it "lightening pine" due to the white lights--

What I see when I zoom in closely is like there are the words Google and the date very faintly superimposed. That makes me wonder if the image is a pic that has some kind of overlay to copy-right it and they are floating dust particles These are dust particles floating in the air in front of the lens. "The flash illuminates them, and they show up as white spots because they are out of focus. If you use the repeat mode on your camera, you'll see them in
different places each time--or you may get lucky and get a shot without
them." Is what I found as an explanation on a digital photos blog.

It seems possible that the translation of Pinseclair into 'light pine' or 'lightening pine' could also be 'lighter pine.' 'Lighter pine' is a word I have heard only from Louisianians -- it's called 'fatwood' in other areas, and sometimes 'heart pine.' 'Lighter pine' is excellent kindling material, as it comes from old pine tree stumps that are saturated with the rosin and oils of the tree. You take a small stick of it and splinter it up into many, many smaller pieces and use them to start fires. It is commonly found in dense pine thickets in Louisiana. I am not saying this has anything to do with the dots, just the name of the place.

Thoughts anyone? :twocents:

It seems possible that the translation of Pinseclair into 'light pine' or 'lightening pine' could also be 'lighter pine.' 'Lighter pine' is a word I have heard only from Louisianians -- it's called 'fatwood' in other areas, and sometimes 'heart pine.' 'Lighter pine' is excellent kindling material, as it comes from old pine tree stumps that are saturated with the rosin and oils of the tree. You take a small stick of it and splinter it up into many, many smaller pieces and use them to start fires. It is commonly found in dense pine thickets in Louisiana. I am not saying this has anything to do with the dots, just the name of the place.

Thoughts anyone? :twocents:

Just adding that, in addition to the terms you've mentioned, here in Georgia I've also heard it called "fat lighter" and light-wood (which kind of came out like "light-erd" or "light-ood").

There could have well been a very old stand of pines at that place back when the cemetery was started, including dead ones and stumps that had reached the stage you are speaking of.

BBM above:
For Crawfish ponds they don't dig them out, they build levies around the land high enough to hold the water. They are wide enough to ride 4 wheelers on. My father had a 22 acre crawfish pond, which was used for rice at the end of crawfish season.
They do dig out fish ponds, for catfish, ect. :smile:
Thank you GrannyA! :) I have a dug out pond on my property. No crawfish, but I've got bass, sunnies, and pumpkin seeds! :)

Just curious. Does anyone think LE would have made any kind of plea agreement with BSL, taking the DP off the table, if he led them to her grave, but insisted her death was an accident? I cant believe that they would, but I also cant believe that he would lead them to her grave otherwise, and I feel certain they were led to her. I dont believe they would have found her in 1000 years otherwise. So, absent a plea change, I am really stumped as to what Friday's hearing could be about.

ETA..the only other scenario I can picture is that someone else did know details and led them to the body in exchange for some degree of immunity.
Mickey's father has said that he felt someone else was involved. He said that a few times.

Wouldn't that be something if he was right? He does seem awfully insightful to me.

Tomorrow could be very interesting, and my guess is, it will be.

I believe Louisiana also has the Bill of Information method of bringing charges -- but don't know if it would be a likely route to add additional cases at this point. (I would think maybe so, though.)

The information below might be helpful, although it is not specific to the state of Louisiana:

more at link: http://www.ndran.org/Capital%20Defense%20Handbook.htm

Only if BSL is accused of more crimes in the 15th Judicial District of Louisiana, made up of Acadia, Lafayette and Vermilion Parishes, would this hearing address those. There are 42 Judicial District Courts in Louisiana and 64 parishes.

http://www.lasc.org/about_the_court/map01.asp

Evangeline Parish is the 13th Judicial District, so it appears that LE believes that MS was killed in the 15th JD (unless the kidnapping charges give them some sort of leeway, i.e, crime initiated there so will be prosecuted there, unsure of that). LP's body was found in Acadia Parish, so that would be the 15th JD also.

A side note, I have seen some talk here about LA laws in general, and it is my understanding from our Louisiana History/Studies class way back in the 8th grade that Louisiana Civil Law is based on the Napoleonic Code. The use of parishes and police juries is a good example of this, the equivalents of counties and their governing bodies in the other 49 states. We were also taught that Louisiana Criminal Law is based on English Common Law, hence the use of the word Sheriff for the local LE authorities. My understanding of this is simplistic, at best. :moo:

Although possible with bsl, I highly doubt he has others in that forest unless you they were taken from about a 30-60 minute radius from that graveyard. He seems to have about equal times of dumping distance and abduction distance.

Now if he gets convicted with more which I feel highly so, they should look into small cemeteries that are 60 minutes or less from the abduction site. Abducting someone any further and driving that far with bodies is just too risky, 60 minutes is already pushing it.

I think he's strange enough to possibly dig up graves already there and just dump another body there in that grave, to make sure it's never checked. A grave that isn't often visited so that it wouldn't look like it had been disturbed.

If they begin looking for more victims, there's a small cemetery in the HOOK MAN bridge forest that I had taken pictures of a while back, the day before Mickey's body was sadly found. But that is very close to Rayne and it's basically just tomb stones in the forest now, because they've been there so long.

Burying a body that deep means the chance of it never being found despite bad weather conditions.

While distance is an important consideration, OceanMetTheSky, imo there are several factors that should be factored in. BSL, displays the traits of an emulator and a collector, imo, and would need to revisit his victims graves/trophies to relive the crimes.

Ali & the other three missing women in TX who went missing in the three week period around 04/2010 are concerning to me due to BSL's family ties to the area. This would give him a seemingly plausible reason to frequent the area, not only for abductions, but for revisiting the victims, imo..

Henry Lucas & Kenneth McDuff being buried only 50 miles away in the Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery in Huntsville, TX, is a very eerie coincidence, imo.

Jurisdictional linkage blindness(other than the LE jurisdiction of the abduction), should be considered as well as easily accessed & private/forested(historical cemeteries are seldom visited except memorial/decoration day). Often located in rural areas, national forests, WMAs, very few historic cemeteries have full time caretakers, if any at all. Many times the families of the deceased have relocated to other far away areas.

Just adding that, in addition to the terms you've mentioned, here in Georgia I've also heard it called "fat lighter" and light-wood (which kind of came out like "light-erd" or "light-ood").

There could have well been a very old stand of pines at that place back when the cemetery was started, including dead ones and stumps that had reached the stage you are speaking of.

'Light-ood,' interesting the things we learn at WS.

Haha!!! If you were bad or not where you were supposed to be as a kid here, you might be told "the feu follet is gonna come after you". It's a spirit per legend and it lights up! Basically what others know as a will o the wisp :)

French To English*-*feu follet*
(m) n. ignis fatuus, phosphorous light which hovers over the ground in marshy areas; something delusive or misleading (from Latin "foolish fire")

I am soo gettting my fiancée to teach me French!

"Seems like a fitting time to repost the opinion of someone that has removed the mask of normalcy from many faces of evil"..

http://fightforjustice.blogspot.com/2005/12/roger- l-depue.html
Roger L. Depue “Between Good and Evil” Author & Retired FBI BSU/BAU Profiler:

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance.

But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

I must have gone crazy last night... :floorlaugh:

Today I am looking at these and have no idea, I certainly don't think the are anything I posted in my out of the box theory.

LOL, I think something similar happened to me in the wee hours a night (morning) or so ago, when I started seeing pink scribbles on the DWT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevTom23