New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We don't really know the date Whitnei was last seen so we will have to guesstimate. Her body was found early morning (7:30am) on May 12, 2007. LE estimates she had been dead for a few days and also it was stated in news articles she had not been seen by family/friends for a few days prior to her body being found.

For convenience, here's a May 2007 calendar.......that means she was possibly killed on the 8th/9th which would be a Tues/Wed.

4u9ob8.jpg

concerned......14/7 is a common schedule too. We also need to keep in mind some of these oilfield workers are assigned to projects in other countries which would put them on even longer "on/off" schedules.

First time posting, I lived in SE LA, originally from an area where offshore workers depart for their jobs. Crew changes as I remember were Wednesdays and Thursdays, mostly Thursday for 7/7 shifts. My BIL works a 14/7 shift and he leaves out on and returns on Wednesdays.

Hi ThisisCrazy! Welcome to Websleuths :)
I am confused about the 14/7 shift and 7/7 shifts, does it mean 14 days straight of work or 14 hours straight of work? Ya'll could probably help me out with that :)

Hi ThisisCrazy! Welcome to Websleuths :)
I am confused about the 14/7 shift and 7/7 shifts, does it mean 14 days straight of work or 14 hours straight of work? Ya'll could probably help me out with that :)

14/7 = work 14 days off 7 days.

Wanted to add this too.........people working working on overseas projects may have a 30/30 schedule.

concerned......14/7 is a common schedule too. We also need to keep in mind some of these oilfield workers are assigned to projects in other countries which would put them on even longer "on/off" schedules.

I forgot about that as my cousin did Indonesia for years and he was gone for months and home about 30 days. It has been a long time and I really don't remember details on that but you brought up a very good point.

This type of worker is very common to Louisiana so the SK may not have been in jail or military or institutionalized but doing a gig overseas during the "timeout". This kind of shift work and periods of absence might explain what is happening in Jennings. Also, this is creepy to say.....he may have been operating in another country during the "on" time.

14/7 = work 14 days off 7 days.

Wanted to add this too.........people working working on overseas projects may have a 30/30 schedule.

Okay, i got it now lol i wasn't sure at first, thank you :)

Are there any other jobs that would have scheduling like that?

"A legislative committee on Friday appropriated $250,000 to help law enforcers investigate the deaths of seven women since 2005 in Jeff Davis Parish. The Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget authorized the money to pay expenses and overtime for state police and the Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office’s Multi-agency Investigative Team."
http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpnewssum/?p=4677

This is an older link that i brought up again. If LE was given $250,000 dollars to investigate these deaths; that's a lot of money. It doesn't seem like LE has done much to investigate, nor do they care about the girls. If they're supposed to be using the money to investigate, i hope they update us more on their investigation process. Or are they using the money for something else?

ConcernedPerson ..It seems No killings in 2006 may be a clue about his life in '06.

1. possibly in jail
2. out of state or the country
3. just married
4. injured and in the hospital
5. In rehab.

Mahoo added military reservist
CP added possible murders different location
ThisisCrazy added about offshore oil rig shift jobs

I just wanted to add what if during that time the killer was already under investigation for something else so had to stay on the downlow?

Mahoo added military reservist
CP added possible murders different location
ThisisCrazy added about offshore oil rig shift jobs

I just wanted to add what if during that time the killer was already under investigation for something else so had to stay on the downlow?

Let's throw this into the mix just for chits & grins......possibly, since drugs are brought up so often with this case.....the person was in rehab for an extended stay.

Profiling is an inexact science but FBI profilers always look for the Triad.Most serial killers have this in their background....bedwetting beyond the age of ten, arson and abuse of small animals. Some are thought to work alone and some work with others or in a pack. There may be a puppet string puller but be assured that the killer enjoys the duty and will kill again maybe even the puppet puller.

http://www.geocities.com/serialkillers101/profile.html

Let's throw this into the mix just for chits & grins......possibly, since drugs are brought up so often with this case.....the person was in rehab for an extended stay.

A druggie couldn't pull this off without a lot of help. Not 7 murders....either he was assisted with evidence elimination or obsfucation or he was provided an iron clad alibi. In either case this is an organized serial killer whether he acted alone or in pairs or packs. It will take some good minds to nail this personality disordered individual and I am not sure local LE is up to the task.

What about a Task Force designated to search abandoned buildings, homes and barns in the area? I would bet my bottom dollar evidence would be found. Maybe property owners in the area would volunteer their properties for the FBI to search. No fear on their part because if it isn't their DNA found but a victim and another party all they will have done is help solve the crimes going on without any culpability. After all their DNA is supposed to be there not a victim or another party. Just a thought!

Profiling is an inexact science but FBI profilers always look for the Triad.Most serial killers have this in their background....bedwetting beyond the age of ten, arson and abuse of small animals. Some are thought to work alone and some work with others or in a pack. There may be a puppet string puller but be assured that the killer enjoys the duty and will kill again maybe even the puppet puller.

Bravo Bravo :clap:......excellent post and information.

Interesting analogy with the "puppet string puller". I'm certainly not ruling out the possibility of more than one person being involved in this and you have a good point.....if it is more than one person involved.....one is likely the "leader" and the other is the "follower".

Gotta add though.....kinda creepy about the puppet killing the puppeteer :eek:.

A druggie couldn't pull this off without a lot of help. Not 7 murders....either he was assisted with evidence elimination or obsfucation or he was provided an iron clad alibi. In either case this is an organized serial killer whether he acted alone or in pairs or packs. It will take some good minds to nail this personality disordered individual and I am not sure local LE is up to the task.

snipped to address this part.

I've been saying the same thing all along.....someone hyped up on drugs would not have the where-with-all to continue to place these bodies so methodically in what appears to be a grid. Not to mention I don't think someone that was "high" could manage to eliminate all sources of evidence.....leave absolutely no forensic evidence what-so-ever in the deaths of SEVEN young women....who is this person :waitasec:.

What about a Task Force designated to search abandoned buildings, homes and barns in the area? I would bet my bottom dollar evidence would be found. Maybe property owners in the area would volunteer their properties for the FBI to search. No fear on their part because if it isn't their DNA found but a victim and another party all they will have done is help solve the crimes going on without any culpability. After all their DNA is supposed to be there not a victim or another party. Just a thought!

I wish there was some way this could be done....especially with dogs. Being a typical rural area though....the abandoned structures are too numerous to even begin to know where to start. There may also be many hunting/fishing camps as well........just too many remote areas. Like trying to find a needle in a haystack :rolleyes:.

Thing is .....it seems like these bodies were possibly held in some other location prior to being transported to where their bodies were eventually found. You and I have both been following cases long enough to know hauling a 3-4 day deceased body is no easy task. It is also, I hate to say, a messy task......which also equals evidence.

snipped to address this part.

I've been saying the same thing all along.....someone hyped up on drugs would not have the where-with-all to continue to place these bodies so methodically in what appears to be a grid. Not to mention I don't think someone that was "high" could manage to eliminate all sources of evidence.....leave absolutely no forensic evidence what-so-ever in the deaths of SEVEN young women....who is this person :waitasec:.

Here's the deal we don't know what evidence has been gathered and I doubt we will ever be privy. If someone didn't want this evidence known than they would throw it away. Assuming there is reason to throw it away.

I still say the best "new" evidence will be searching abandoned homes, buildings and barns. A really good effort to achieve resolve.

The grid pattern is a no brainer to me. Most are placed off 1126 and very ill conceived. Trying to indicate an ingress to Jennings which I bit on at first. Not any longer. This is something local. I feel sure now.

I wonder if they brought in a dog to track Brittney's trail from the Family Dollar Store. That would have been a very fresh scent I would think.

Since all the murdered girls knew each other some way or another, would it be a far stretch to say they all got drugs from the same connnection/dealer?
Maybe a drug kingpin ordered to have them killed since they knew too much info on something or another, maybe where the source of drugs was coming in or something.. If someone were to have them "ordered" to be killed, the only reason why i could think of is since they knew info they didn't want getting out. Maybe the "hired" or killer who was "ordered" to kill the girls has killed before and it was known and that's why his "expertise" in killing was enlisted by whomever.. Maybe someone found out about his killing habits and is blackmailing him to kill the girls? If that is the case, then i wouldn't be surprised if he is tempted to kill the "puppet puller". The serial killer can't stop killing at this point, it's his drug, he craves the killing.
The question would be in this scenario, who did he kill before these girls that someone found out about? Then either hired or blackmailed him to kill the 7 girls?

I wonder if they brought in a dog to track Brittney's trail from the Family Dollar Store. That would have been a very fresh scent I would think.

They should have brought in a dog, although i think Brittney got into someone's vehicle at some point, so the trail might be lost there.
Brittney's family is the ones who actually found her body. I'm not sure what LE was doing to seach.. LE was still in denial about a serial killer at that point i guess..

Here's the deal we don't know what evidence has been gathered and I doubt we will ever be privy. If someone didn't want this evidence known than they would throw it away. Assuming there is reason to throw it away.

I still say the best "new" evidence will be searching abandoned homes, buildings and barns. A really good effort to achieve resolve.

The grid pattern is a no brainer to me. Most are placed off 1126 and very ill conceived. Trying to indicate an ingress to Jennings which I bit on at first. Not any longer. This is something local. I feel sure now.

Awhile back in the case, there was some discrepancy about an officer who bought a pick up truck off an inmate, and the possibility? that the pick up truck had been involved in some of the murders. Hunters use pick up trucks all the time, put the game in the back, even gut them, cut em up, then just wash down the back bed of the truck, even bleach it out if they want. You can get a cap for the bed of the truck, no ones sees whats inside. In rural areas and elsewhere, pickup trucks are practical and won't stand out. I'm not saying the officer who bought the truck may be responsible or anything, it just got me thinking what if the killer is using a pick up truck?

The grid pattern shows also that the killer is very bold and doesn't seem to be afraid of LE. This is very Dangerous. Two of the victims were left right out in the open; Whitnei Dubois was left at an intersection of Boddy and Earl Duhon Roads; and even worse, "Muggy" Brown was left on East Racca Road that led directly to the police shooting range. Four of the victims were found on a "cluster" on the grid
http://i44.tinypic.com/sgtmz9.jpg

It doesn't seem like the killer is afraid to dump the bodies near where he has dumped other ones before. That shows his boldness towards LE. Being that he dumped Muggy Brown on the road that leads to the police shooting range, i would think that would be a slap in the face to LE and they'd be doing all they could to try and catch him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk
Back