New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier there was speculation on how LE came up with their recent list of places to search. Some theories were the journals or the computers (Good theories and strong possibilities.) But I think it is SP's ex girlfriend. She spent time in the HH after Susan disappeared and she most likely had contact with the kids, maybe possibly overheard some conversations. We all wondered why it took her so long to come forward. Maybe she has been gathering info during that time. Or maybe cops even wired her for a while (I think that would be so cool.)

I am glad to hear that media is there watching the house. I just hope they get a position where they can watch the back door as well as the front.

I was out today and tonite when I went online saw the AOL news....Wow!

We have been here before. Like I saw from one of the friend's/family's statement, this time does feel different. The other instances, there was no search ongoing in those particular areas. This time they were actually looking for Susan and they found a POSSIBLE connection. :(

While I'm hopeful, at the same time, fearful or sad, it COULD be Susan. At least until she's found, there is always that, even slight possibility, she's still out there.

IF Susan is no longer with us, which is what I personally believe, I pray this is her. We need this to end. The Cox family and friends need closure. They NEED Susan home. Susan needs justice.

No matter who this is, my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. Oh, and of course Susan. She's what this is all about.

JMHO
fran

PS.....Josh, on that last alleged camping trip,... you know the one alleged a few weeks ago,.... did you go all the way to Utah?.......:slap:

There was a reward for info on Susan, wasn't there?

I am worried about those kids.

A psychopath who is paranoid could REALLY crack under the intense and in-your-face surveillance. And no where to run. Can't even talk on the phone because everything is monitored, including all computer activity. Also, you know that if JP and SP are guilty, they KNOW whether or not what they found is Susan's body. If yes, they KNOW they are in deep xxxx. I do worry about suicide, but worry more about including the children in the act. I am sure those psychos have/are developing a plan. Doesn't SP leave to go to work? I was SO PLEASED TO HEAR THE NEIGHBORS WERE SCREAMING AT HIM!

For my fellow WS'ers who are also following the CELINA CASS story, how I wish CELINA had the type of media coverage this is garnering. Makes a big difference to have a case in the spotlight.

Finally, I love animals. And my heart goes out to those dogs who are trained to find human remains.

I'm just feeling this is going to have an explosive ending....I pray not, but the JP/SP silence is deafening.

I hope Josh is being watched very, VERY closely. Can't hurt that there are people there with cameras already, waiting for the cops to show up and arrest him.

A not guilty husband and father in law would instinctively say to the media something like: "Oh, we so hope this is Susan." Not hide in silence.

Remember in the Scott Peterson case he was looking up (I think it was tidal) information on the Berkeley marina in the San Francisco Bay on his computer. "Coincidentally" he went to the marina to fish and Laci and Conner's bodies both washed up some months later. And although Casey was not convicted, searches on her computer indicated she was searching for chloroform.

I'm betting anything that they found some information on the Powell computer. Web searches, as well as familiarity on Josh and Susan's part is what brought the investigation to the Topaz Mtn area.

If the latest remains prove to be Susan's, I hope a large LE contingent surrounds the Powell residence before Josh and his dad hear the news. Who knows what either/both of them are capable of doing? I really don't care what they do to themselves as long as Susan's innocent sons are rescued from this web of lies they live in daily.

Good Morning All,
I heard only a few secs of the discovery of human remains news and a possible link to Susan.

Has an estimated time frame been given on identity? If it's a women do you think they will announce that today?

If the arrest JP and NOT SP would he be allowed to keep the boys? OMG that is frightening to think of.

Sorry for the questions and TY for the info.

Good Morning All,
I heard only a few secs of the discovery of human remains news and a possible link to Susan.

Has an estimated time frame been given on identity? If it's a women do you think they will announce that today?

If the arrest JP and NOT SP would he be allowed to keep the boys? OMG that is frightening to think of.

Sorry for the questions and TY for the info.

I'm sure that positive identification could take weeks unless they have teeth that could be compared with dental records. A preliminary identification could take place depending on other evidence in the area (i.e. clothing remnants, jewelry, etc..)

I guess at this point its a waiting game :sigh:

The reporter on Today just said the ME will determine the gender and race today but that id-ing the remains could take some time.

wm

Anyone have connections with anyone going to the scene with ME? Twitter? I would love to follow off and on during the day today. TIA

We were just talking about Topaz Mountain area Tuesday night on the last thread!!!

If this is not Susan, it is someone's loved one. Mr. Cox had so graciously stated that as well. GB he and Mrs. Cox, and the boys as well.

Susan is not alive because she would never have left her boys. I am praying this will be her body that has been located.

:praying:

Assuming this is Susan and assuming they arrest and charge JP with this, I can't help but to speculate what his defense will be. The only thing I can think of is that he will try to say that Susan admitted having (gag) feelings for his (gag) father and he got angry. Of course, it's more likely that he will say he had nothing to do with it. Maybe he will try to say that Steven Koecher killed her, left her there, and then went off and is living it up in Brazil.

The reporter on Today just said the ME will determine the gender and race today but that id-ing the remains could take some time.

wm

Probably means they don't have teeth....yet. Aren't they planning to excavate the area?

Probably means they don't have teeth....yet. Aren't they planning to excavate the area?

Or the person on the Today show was speculating...I doubt they would know what exactly was found.

I am sure they will excavate the area. As far as a positive id, I think the key word is, could take some time. I guess it takes awhile to match DNA, obtain dental records, etc. Even if they make a preliminary id that this is Susan, like if she broke her right arm when she was a child and there is evidence that the found remains has had a broken arm, IMO, LE won't say anything publicly til it is a positive id.

Moo and all that jazz!

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members