New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming this is Susan and assuming they arrest and charge JP with this, I can't help but to speculate what his defense will be. The only thing I can think of is that he will try to say that Susan admitted having (gag) feelings for his (gag) father and he got angry. Of course, it's more likely that he will say he had nothing to do with it. Maybe he will try to say that Steven Koecher killed her, left her there, and then went off and is living it up in Brazil.

This could be more thought out than we think. SP already preparing for the "crime of passion" defense for his son...

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
There's been a delay. BLM sending anthropologist to look at bones before ME does. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

Fathers of Elizabeth Smart and Kiplyn Davis say a federal grand jury should investigate the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

Ed Smart and Richard Davis made the comments in response to questions from 2News, on the same day police dogs hit on a scent believed to be human remains, during a search for Susan in remote Juab County.

"I think we could get some people in jail," said Davis, of a grand jury proceeding. "I think some of the truth would finally come out."

http://connect2utah.com/news-story/?nxd_id=163757

natecarlisle Nate Carlisle
Meanwhile, search for #SusanPowell resuming near Topaz Mountain. #findSusan
16 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

If BLM says remains are not Native American or relatively new remains, Utah medical examiner will be called. #findSusan
45 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

WVCPD waiting for BLM anthropologists to arrive and examine remains found during #SusanPowell search. #findSusan

Hi SS! SP has slandered Susan by making claims of her being a sexual person. He also threatened to publish her diary entries from when she was a young girl as proof that she is/was a sexual person and a flirt. Susan's parents opposed and an order from a judge prevented the publication of her girlhood writings.

SP claimed that they flirted and she asked him to rub her thigh after she had her legs waxed. A witness alleged that SP had Susan's diaries and her religious undergarments and his *advertiser censored* locked in a bedroom cabinet.

After this the popo got a search warrant for SP's home, where JP and the boys, along with JP's brother and sister reside. Evidence was removed but I don't know what exactly except for JP and SP's computers.

SP is a perv, IMO. He was fixated on Susan and fantasized about her, again IMO.

This is not the behavior of a FIL who is worried about the safety and whereabouts of the mother of his grandchildren. I can't speak for others here, but that is why the man repulses me personally.:sick:

MOO

wm

Thanks a lot. I hope I wasn't the only one who hadn't followed the aftermath with those things. Icky is irght...ugh.. I had wondered because in general I never get upset when a parent refuses to believe their child is involved and even thinks things that are ridiculous (I even don't feel as angry about the anthony's) but he has gone about 10 steps over the line of denial and into active horridness.

Makes you wonder if he killed her instead after being rejected even though I believe it was Josh. But yeah I get whomever suggested arrest them both and let LE sort out who did it.

If BLM says remains are not Native American or relatively new remains, Utah medical examiner will be called. #findSusan

WVCPD waiting for BLM anthropologists to arrive and examine remains found during #SusanPowell search. #findSusan

I never thought of that, grave must be more than shallow though to wonder if it was Native American.

i have searched for updates on this case almost daily since she was in the news as missing and i have to admit this investigative team has kept a lid on almost all information. and that's a good thing too.

i mostly want her sons to know that she didnt walk away from them.

I commend LE for their perseverance and investigative work! They seemed confident that they would find a body. (sorry no link to article) Now I am sure they are holding their breath just like we are for an id on these remains. There are 70something missing persons in UT so these remains could be anyone.

The area is so vast! It makes me sad to think that JP took Susan and the boys out there and buried Susan while the boys were asleep in the van! I too want those boys to know that Mommy didn't just abandon them to go look for crystals!

Prayers for Susan and her boys, friends and the Cox family. And prayers that JP will come clean and tell the truth about what happened. I know, I know....:innocent:

wm

West Valley City Police Lt. Bill Merritt told Fox 13 that investigators did recover some items that were of interest. They were photographed and documented and will be analyzed back in West Valley City to see if they have a connection to the missing woman's case.

Officials have not disclosed the motivations for this search, but say it is not connected to recent searches in Ely, Nev., or a search warrant executed in the Puyallup, Wash., home of Josh Powell and father-in-law Steve Powell.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-s...for-susan-cox-powell-20110914,0,5405325.story

**more at link**

Has anyone seen the father son duo since these remains were found?

Anthropologists to examine remains found in Susan Powell search

Topaz Mountain • Anthropologists from the federal Bureau of Land Management were expected to arrive here Thursday morning to determine whether remains found as part of a police search for Susan Cox Powell are Native American.

If anthropologists cannot determine the remains are Native American, the state Medical Examiner will be called in to examine the remains and then excavate them, according to West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt

more at link (aww that dog is adorable!)

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52591212-78/police-powell-remains-search.html.csp

Oh, for goodness sake! What, does the ME have big plans for the weekend? Delay, delay, delay!

Anthropologists from the federal Bureau of Land Management were expected to arrive here Thursday morning to determine whether remains found as part of a police search for Susan Cox Powell are Native American.

If anthropologists say the remains are not Native American or cannot make a determination on scene, then the state medical examiner’s office will travel from Salt Lake City to excavate the remains, said West Valley City Police Lt. Bill Merritt.

If the BLM says the remains are too old to belong to Powell, "we’ll just move on," Merritt said.

Meanwhile, police on all-terrain vehicles and cadaver dogs and handlers began a fourth day of searching for Susan Powell.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52591212-78/powell-police-remains-susan.html.csp

Oh, for goodness sake! What, does the ME have big plans for the weekend? Delay, delay, delay!

I think the anthropologist will look at them first... if they are too old to be susan or native american than it is not her.... last article I posted said if the anthropologist determines those things or cannot determine either way they will be excavated and sent to the ME ((if I understood it correctly that is LOL))

eta: lol...I just reread it... it says that the ME will come to the scene at that point...

more coffee...more coffee... need more coffee LOL

i have searched for updates on this case almost daily since she was in the news as missing and i have to admit this investigative team has kept a lid on almost all information. and that's a good thing too.

i mostly want her sons to know that she didnt walk away from them.

The thanks button wasn't enough... I too want that for her boys, more than anything they need the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Hmmmmm.....kinda feels like those closest to everything are dialing back thoughts of this being susan. It seems they are carrying on searching. I think if they thought this was her, things would slow to confirm. I dunno....

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
There's been a delay. BLM sending anthropologist to look at bones before ME does. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

What does that mean? How deap or detailed is this earth the body is in?

Would JP have been able to dig a shallow grave in the midst of a blizzard? Was the ground frozen then?

Now I'm nervous!! Whatever the outcome, someone will have found a loved one.

I don't really know what I am talking about here but I think the BLM being brought in is a procedural measure? Isn't this search in a different county? So could LE just proceed with excavating the area without getting the all clear from BLM as it could be a sacred buriel ground or something?

My gut says these are not NA remains because of the 'shallow grave' report. But what do I know? :D

MOO

wm

What does that mean? How deap or detailed is this earth the body is in?

Would JP have been able to dig a shallow grave in the midst of a blizzard? Was the ground frozen then?

Now I'm nervous!! Whatever the outcome, someone will have found a loved one.

All this means is that they want to be sure of what they're dealing with, because it's obvious the only person of interest would like to deflect any way possible. Getting all of one's ducks in a row is the best policy.

Josh Powell, 35, released a statement after the discovery of the remains that read, "With very little information available to the public, we can only hope that additional information is released quickly to minimize heartache to those of us who love Susan. In the meantime, we continue to hope for Susan's safe return."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-mystery-father-worried-remains-daughter/story?id=14525301

Sounds like his lawyer wrote that. I'll bet he did.

Yes, a jawbone is generally an indicator of gender. Males and females have different angles, and it's pretty obvious. So is the forehead. Men have a more pronounced brow ridge.

Also, male bones tend to be bigger.

It's also easy to tell the gender if you have the pelvic bones because males are also thicker. A woman's pelvic bones also bend out a bit like flower petals opening up, and a male's pelvic bones are really straight up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry