New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this does turn out to be Susan, how will LE prove JP murdered and buried her there?

Will there be evidence with her body?

something up. LE don't come out with saying that human remains were found and tell Chuck Cox they were in a shallow grave and take it all back. Something is up.

I was thinking this at first also- that it was a GPS that caused the police to have such a specific target. I theorized that Josh moved Susan on a potential 2nd trip from Topaz mtn. to somewhere else. However then my DH asked me why the police wouldn't know where he moved her TO after that if they did in theory have GPS on him? Well pooh DH, you made a great point... So I am not so sure about the GPS theory anymore, he kind of blew that out of the water for me.

I am concerned with some of the specific wording coming out of the authorities today. Some of it is being used for a reason and my thoughts are really wondering why they also brought out MORE dogs today to the same spot. I think either there is something there that they can't SEE physically yet or something was there, and is gone now.

I think Josh freaked after the search warrant was served because he knew the police would have information on where Susan was buried. I think he left on August 26th and moved her. I think Tony Abbott may have saw Josh in the area in recent weeks and the combination of his witness report along with whatever the police found during the search warrant is what led police to this specific location.

I don't know... Just all theory. I might change my mind again in a few minutes. ;)

Susan I have prayed for your return and for your boys and family so many nights. I hope and pray that you will be found and that the TRUTH will be known and that justice will come swiftly to those who harmed you. So many people are praying for you and your loved ones...

BBM. That is exactly what I think as well.

The key for me is to find out how long JP went camping for. If he was gone for a few days, he may have taken the body to a very far away new location.

Perhaps relying on the media of this case could help investigators trace his travels - posting the vehicle, photos of him and his kids, etc. and asking if anyone saw these people in late August.

In that he has been a "person of interest" in this case and that they were so confident they had some new solid information from the search of his home, I'm disappointed if in fact they weren't monitoring his travels from the get-go.

Personally, I think he regretted the 50/50 thing as soon as he said it. It almost looked like he winced.

I'll have to check it out, I've only been reading. Thank you!

Also, this is the craziest investigation I've ever heard of! How is it that all these different agencies are out there to assess and then the police chief comes out etc if they haven't found anything????

This is a huge retraction because too much got out too soon! JMOO
Something is definitely amiss!
What are they doing?

West Valley City Police Lt. Bill Merritt told Fox 13 that investigators did recover some items that were of interest. They were photographed and documented and will be analyzed back in West Valley City to see if they have a connection to the missing woman's case. Police acknowledged the odds of finding Susan were "slim to none" in this vast desert, but said they must keep pushing forward with the investigation.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-s...for-susan-cox-powell-20110914,0,5405325.story

I wondered if the items mentioned above had something to do with Abbott? Could he have directed LE to the whatever it was they found?

IMHO, if they only found a little piece, they would not need ME to come to the sight. I would think that they would take that to the lab to analyze and they would only need a forensics team to sift and take the important "stuff" to the lab. The ME is coming to the scene to see if male/female and age can be determined. That to me means that they believe there is at least most of a body present.

But if they are doing it archeologist style, you know, where they carefully brush and sift bit by bit through the dirt so as not to lose any piece of evidence and just in case there are native American remains under there, maybe they would have found one piece of bone but believe the rest of the body is underneath. I don't know.

Like I said, I was speculating based on this:

"may not have been visible to the human eye"

If it's not visible to the human eye then it has to be "dust" of some sort. Whether it's natural or burned. I said burned because 2 years is not a long time to have remains turned to dust.

Unless they're tiny bone fragments? IDK

Or maybe they mean that whatever the dogs are hitting on is under the dirt and they haven't pulled it out yet? It's very confusing right now.

FWIW, there was a huge, huge scandal last year of Native American graves being raided in Utah and it resulted in dozens of arrests and IIRC, 4 suicides. Local LE was acccused of turning their backs and letting the thefts happen. So Utah LE is hypervigilant on following the rules now.
http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/newsroom/2009/june/NR_0510_2009.html

That makes sense. They may have been able to determine that the ground disturbance is relatively new, but it could be the work of grave robbers, I guess, so they may want to be extra vigilant.

I thought the anthropologist had come out and said the remains were not American Indian? Or, did I misread something?

I thought I hear that too. So many conflicting reports. Possibly the anthropologist saw enough to determine it is not a Native American burial site, so whatever is in there is likely not the remains of an Indian.

I think what was said was that the site/remains/whatever was found was not the age of an ancient burial ground...nothing about race as far as I know.

Maybe that was it.

I have never felt good about those two innocent boys being with those freakazoids the Powell's. I pray they remove them soon. They will need much therapy to overcome the lies the Powells have told them about their mother and her disappearance, and the lies the Powells told them about their "Cox grandparents" as well.

Thanks. I was just reading an article and this is what it says, dated Aug 26, 2011:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/steven-powell-susan-powell-flitatious-relationship-128459213.html

These two are beyond disgusting and disturbed. Remember, the father was the product of a kidnapping and intense parental alienation when he was a kid and IIRC, he did the same thing to his own kids. There is a serious family history of extreme dysfunction there.

I have worried about those boys from day one. Psychologically, I can only imagine what those creeps are telling those sweet kids about their mom.
And about women in general. What they are teaching them about relationships, boundaries, etc., is likely very horrible as well.

Then there's the danger that josh, when cornered, will do something horrific to them. I;m sure he'd rather have them dead than in the hands of his wife's family. That is very scary to me.

And here's the part none of you are going to like. Based on my experience, grandparent rights are very difficult to obtain. So trying to obtain visitation now or even in the future will not be easy at all.

What about custody? If and when joshie gets arrested, will custody go automatically to the Cox's? Sadly, no. Courts generally use the best interest of the children theory when deciding custody and although to us, Steve Powell is clearly a danger to those kids, it will not be as clear to the Courts. Instead, the court will look at where the kids have been living, going to school and making friends for the last two years and who has been a constant in their lives.

I know the main goal of the Cox's right now is justice for Susan. I understand that. But if I were them, I'd get the best family law/probate attorney money can buy, and start gearing up for what is likely going to be just as important as finding Susan. Custody to the Cox's is not anywhere close to a slam dunk. Just look at the Monica Beresford-Redman case.

I really feel there ought to be a law that presumes that the best interest of children whose parent has been murdered, when the other parent is the accused/or in custody, is with the family of the victim, not of the suspect. The suspect's family would then have to overcome the presumption in order to get or maintain custody. :twocents:

I'll have to check it out, I've only been reading. Thank you!

Also, this is the craziest investigation I've ever heard of! How is it that all these different agencies are out there to assess and then the police chief comes out etc if they haven't found anything????

This is a huge retraction because too much got out too soon! JMOO
Something is definitely amiss!
What are they doing?

I have wondered if this is all strategy based on the advice of profilers, in order to draw josh out - make him reveal something. Ever since that ridiculously bizarre and fruitless scavenger hunt at the mines with all the media in tow, I thought either they are the worst Keystone Cops we have ever seen, or they have a plan. Who knows, Mr. Cox may even be in on it.

If this does turn out to be Susan, how will LE prove JP murdered and buried her there?

Will there be evidence with her body?

I'm hoping that with a body, they will have enough to bring charges, based on the bizarre behavior and statements of josh. I know it's not a lot, but it may be enough, even if nothing on/near the body connects the murder to josh. When you compare this case to casey anthony's case, for example, there was a lot of divided opinion in that one. Most people felt she did something but some were not sure what, or if others were involved, etc. Public opinion in this case, though, is almost solid behind the idea that josh murdered his wife and hid her body. I am hopeful that what they have will be enough without direct or solid circumstantial evidence tying him to her death.

If not, hopefully they have cell phone pings that can tie him to the area. That would be great.

But but but ...Josh took the boys with him when he left on Aug. 26th for the second midnight camping trip. They were little the first time, but now they are both old enough to tell people what they did when they went camping. How did Josh move Susan with the children right there with him?

Moving a body is messey work, probably stinky too. There would be evidence everywhere on Josh's clothes, whatever tools he used, vehicle used to transport body...I'm just not seeing it!

If Josh only pretended to take the boys, who would have kept them and where? If they were at Steve's house, they wouldn't have a "camping" story to tell. Is JP really foolish enough to leave the boys at home but tell everyone else that he took them camping?

If Josh moved her, I think he would have to either drug the boys or not take them with him. Do I believe he would drug them if he thought he needed to? Absolutely!

If she was moved , I think it happened before the mine searches...maybe long before.

Susan's family should have custody of her boys right now. It is frightening that they may be in an "unstable" environment and the stress in their environment/father/grandfather could exponentially increase if this is Susan's grave.

This is a pretty hot story, and very high profile. Sometimes, as we know, the media runs with something and things get confused. I'm sure the WVCPD is only clarifying.

Remember, there is ground penetrating radar that can detect voids, objects and disturbances in the soil. They have not said that they've used this, but I imagine they have, which is why they're spending their time excavating. They know it is there, just not how deep. Seven dogs is not a coincidence.

Also, the police cannot tell us everything they find - some things will need to be left for trial. There may have been things done to the body, or things with the body, that their suspect has already talked about, and only the killer would know.

We just need to be patient. There will be a resolution to this discovery.

Thursday Aug 25 10 p.m. - police complete search of JP's home.

Friday Aug 26 11 p.m. - JP reportedly decides to go camping. (25 hours after search completed.)

Saturday, Aug 27 12:00 a.m. - JP leaves with kids to go camping. (1 hour after deciding to do so.)

“He's on a camp out,” said his father Steven Powell. “It was a spur of the moment thing.”

Steven Powell said Josh first told him about it Friday night at around eleven. An hour later he said he and his two boys got in the van and went camping.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/susan_powell/story/Wheres-Josh/RtT4myCb4ku6wwGOJJVdKw.cspx

If you listen to Steven Powell in the interview at link (interview was given on Saturday Aug 27,) he sounds nervous - notice how fast he is talking, the body movements are quick, his eyes are blinking rapidly, he looks uncomfortable. He also doesn't state where his son went camping, says he doesn't know. And that he doesn't know when he will return.

The date of the report is August 30, 9 p.m., and they state in the video that it is unknown when and if JP returned, and that calls to the house were unanswered.

Thanks. I was just reading an article and this is what it says, dated Aug 26, 2011:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/steven-powell-susan-powell-flitatious-relationship-128459213.html

You know, it really, really angers me the way some news media report certain things. In this article, it states: "The father of a Puyallup man who is considered a person of interest in his wife's disappearance revealed more about his flirtatious relationship with his daughter-in-law, Susan Powell."

WTH? What flirtatious relationship? The one he imagined? The one he desired? No way in he!! will I believe Susan engaged in anything like that with that gross man. How dare King5 or the AP phrase it in such a way as to appear as if such a relationship was factual. That really makes me upset.

Here's another thing that has me disturbed. Steve Powell may be smarter than he seems. Ever since he announced his "obsession" with Susan and his lie about her flirting with him, etc., I have seen some people beginning to wonder if he was involved in the murder in some way.

Now as I said before, in posts to news articles, etc., the majority solidly believe josh killed her, but I am seeing some suspicion going towards Steve. If enough people start to feel that way it will be harder to convince a jury that josh was the only one with motive to do it. And that may be exactly what Steve is trying to do with his revolting, little lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMTAG