Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the long thread name!

http://www.wftv.com/news/17610344/detail.html

"Eyewitness News has learned detectives have been searching for the body of Caylee Anthony in two more places in east Orange County. Caylee was reported missing 78 days ago. Detectives say she is dead and that at one point her body was in the trunk of her mom's car."

and

""It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Jose Baez said.

Judging by what he said, it would seem that Casey would get herself into trouble by telling what she knows about Caylee's whereabouts."

Interesting...
That is just sick! It does her no good... SO WHAT! What "good" should she have, shouldn't she be punished if she did indeed kill her child?? Even IF it was an accident, everything she has put everyone through since that point is insane and she deserves to be punished. What about the good it would do C and G and the rest of us to finally have Caylee put to rest properly?

I cannot believe the callousness and heartlessness in that statement!

I don't think after listening to what was said about the situation of "being told your client murdered someone and knowing where the body was" conversation the other night on NG that they will ever tell. Evidently, according to NG and the others...it is illegal for them to reveal such. They said they would have to bow out of the case instead. I found it to be very interesting and quite disturbing, but I guess it is the way the law works with lawyers. I wish I understood it better. Maybe some Legal Eagle here can explain it.

I think it was said on NG that this is the worst position for an attorney to be in. I believe one of the defense attys indicated that he would probably advise his client to "come clean" and if the client refused, he would get permission to go to the prosecutor with "HYPOTHETICALS." I.e. "IF we knew where the body is, and IF we offered up that information...what deal would the prosecution offer for that information?"

I think what JB is saying very clearly here is that the prosecutor has not offered a sweet enough deal to his hypothetical (yeah, right) so it's not YET in Casey's best interest to offer up that info. It's a poker game and he's gambling very dangerously in my opinion.

The other option is that LE has a mountain of evidence - maybe even a witness - and is offering NO DEAL at all to Casey because they know they will get an indictment and conviction without the body.

Oh, and of course the very unlikely, but still possible scenario that Caylee is safe and will be produced at trial. So unlikely as to be less than a scintilla of hope there.

True, that is the advice a defense atty tells their client in any situation ... but does he really need to announce that to the press and the general public at large?!?!? WTF is wrong with this guy? I'm pretty sure that sometime during those all day visits, he could have found 30 seconds to tell her that in person instead of to the press and all of us who wish she would say something....

I agree, keep that between him and her, not the rest of us who will obviously become outraged over it!

Sadly her attorney is right from a defence prospective. What is the first thing an attorney will tell a client (guilty OR innocent)> DO NOT SAY A WORD!

At this point even if Casey said IT WAS AN ACCIDENT - DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE LE WILL NOT GO AFTER 1ST DEGREE MURDER? Even if she told them that at the beginning they woul STILL have pursued a 1st degree murder case against her.

Look at what they did to Cindy Summer. Look at Darlie Router. Sorry but as sad as this is, you must listen to your attorney and keep quiet until or unless you can get LE to agree to pursue a charge that fits the facts. Good luck with that!

"They" aren't involved in this case. And, do defense attys. tell their clients to lie to LE? If this was truly an accident, and KC had called 911 immediately......she wouldn't be facing the death penalty.

The other area is closer to Orlando International Airport, where a driver told investigators she saw a car like Casey's white Pontiac Sunfire parked in the median days after Caylee disappeared and she saw someone slight of build wearing a baseball cap and what looked like athletic wear walk out of the woods, someone she believes could have been Casey. It was odd to her because it's not a popular spot for joggers.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17610344/detail.html

This is the kind of eyewitness testimony they need to solve this case. Bravo for the person who called in that tip! No wonder they wanted to search that area with such great urgency.

Wow! I hope that is true and not just someone trying to insert themselves into this case for attention.

Baez's statement...hmmm...is English his first or second language? The language seems stilted and awkward like maybe he thought the answer in Spanish but spoke it in English and made the translation in a awkward way? Not a good answer in my opinion, rambling and confusing given what his stance should be.

well the 417 is close to the airport on the map. so the witness with the description makes sense now,

This comment was posted on some random blog site:

On August 16, 2008 at 6:21 pm16 suzanne said:

After reading her entire post, I don't put much stock into this sighting. Sounds too far fetched and is feeding into the whole GSJ thing.

IIRC the post was originally on that male physic's site.

:clap: :clap: Way to go Baez........open mouth and insert foot. :eek: :eek:

Well I guess based on that statement that there is no more reason to believe that Caylee is alive. The Anthony's can stop begging for money now too.

""It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Jose Baez said.

Someone really ought to tell this guy about the death penalty part.

June 27th? The same day the Amscot employee said Casey's car was there at 7am?

You all realize, if this was Casey... then she left baby Caylee in that car trunk for approximately 11 days!!!???!!!???

Does that sound like the attorney of an "innocent" woman?? JB just told us in that statement that she is guilty as sin.

Oh Lordy! I've heard some stupid drivel come from JB's mouth,
but this takes the cake.
How sad to know that Casey cares so little about her beautiful
little girl.

Does anyone think this is the beginning of a set up for an ineffective counsel mistrial down the road?

Does anyone else remember that a guy had also seen something similar? I know that I've read a very similar tip to this one that a guy was explaining and that he'd seen a woman by the side of the road (possibly with a shovel?) and that it had stuck out in his mind because he jokingly made a mental note of it in case he later heard about a murder. Does anyone else remember that???

Yes, I remember reading that too, can't remember where....I remember the difference between the lady's story and the man's story is the fact the man reported she had a shovel, other than that the story is identical....

"It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life'.

Ok a missing child and poker do not even go together. She needs, for once in her damn life tell the truth. I don't care if it is the only act of kindness she ever does in her life. Having her out of jail has done absolutely no good. She has not given any information to anyone about where to find Caylee and it is way past the date that KC said her daughter would be home...remember her birthday. There is no way if I were CA that I could stand to look at her smug face anymore. Maybe CA has more patience and restraint that I do but I would have already whipped her butt and got her a one way ride back to the pokey.

Just imagine how LE feels. They have nothing to go on the find her and I think they are doing the best they can with what they have.

Sadly her attorney is right from a defence prospective. What is the first thing an attorney will tell a client (guilty OR innocent)> DO NOT SAY A WORD!

At this point even if Casey said IT WAS AN ACCIDENT - DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE LE WILL NOT GO AFTER 1ST DEGREE MURDER? Even if she told them that at the beginning they woul STILL have pursued a 1st degree murder case against her.

Look at what they did to Cindy Summer. Look at Darlie Router. Sorry but as sad as this is, you must listen to your attorney and keep quiet until or unless you can get LE to agree to pursue a charge that fits the facts. Good luck with that!

Understood that you would advise your client to not say a word until such time it is ever deemed appropriate BUT, your client expects the same from you as their attorney! He blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc