DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

At the very top of that other webpage it says:

"60 million hits per month
50,000 visits every day!"

I think he knows what he is doing. ;)

The fact that Lisa's page is grossly inadequate, but was created by someone that obviously is extremely aware, speaks volumes. He doesn't need my opinion. .. he's got counters and trackers that give him feed back. He's not new to this game. . .he could write a book.

I was just wondering if you felt that the design of the successful page was the reason why it got so many hits. Is the subject matter of the successful site popular? Maybe that has something to do with the number of hits?

Why?

At the very top of that other webpage it says:

"60 million hits per month
50,000 visits every day!"

I think he knows what he is doing. ;)

The fact that Lisa's page is grossly inadequate, but was created by someone that obviously is extremely aware, speaks volumes. He doesn't need my opinion. .. he's got counters and trackers that give him feed back. He's not new to this game. . .he could write a book.

Speaks volumes about whom? Do you think the parents asked for a poorly designed website, and if so why?

Speaks volumes about whom? Do you think the parents asked for a poorly designed website, and if so why?

Not speaking for Hambirg, but I personally don't feel that the parents asked for anything because they know where Lisa is. I think this is just a D/T tactic. I doubt that the parents even know much of anything about the site. Yeah, they gave a statement FOR the website...big whoop! In actuality, this website speaks volumes to me that the parents aren't doing a thing to find Lisa. Because if they were, they would be adding to this website. ANYONE can add content to a website. This is just another skeleton website that will do nothing. And why? Because the parents are sitting on their butts waiting for time to pass so they can get on with their lives.

Not speaking for Hambirg, but I personally don't feel that the parents asked for anything because they know where Lisa is. I think this is just a D/T tactic. I doubt that the parents even know much of anything about the site. Yeah, they gave a statement FOR the website...big whoop! In actuality, this website speaks volumes to me that the parents aren't doing a thing to find Lisa. Because if they were, they would be adding to this website. ANYONE can add content to a website. This is just another skeleton website that will do nothing. And why? Because the parents are sitting on their butts waiting for time to pass so they can get on with their lives.

Thank you for the explanation. I was having a hard time understanding why the people who think the baby is dead were the ones angry about the web site. (because if the baby's dead she's not coming home no matter how well designed the web site is) I don't know if I agree with your conclusion, the parents might not know how easy it is to update a web site, but I at least now understand your argument.

BBM: I haven't authored a website in several years, but I would hope that no one could get into my fttp:/ site and make changes to MY web page. If we know this site belongs to another individual, how do you propose DB update it, change it, improve it, etc?
Why has no one here with all these good ideas gone in and updated the site?

BBM: I haven't authored a website in several years, but I would hope that no one could get into my fttp:/ site and make changes to MY web page. If we know this site belongs to another individual, how do you propose DB update it, change it, improve it, etc?
Why has no one here with all these good ideas gone in and updated the site?

Perhaps the fact that you haven't authored a website in several years is the reason that you don't understand this. Nowadays, webmasters often make sites and give instructions on how to update it. I have two of my own that were built for me by webmasters and I was given instructions on how to add content, delete content, change it and add/delete photos. It's quite easy really. And, a person from here couldn't go in to update it because they weren't given instructions on how to do it. Doing the updates aren't difficult in the least bit if shown how. If it were MY baby missing, and was the "official site", I would certainly want to have a hand in it, ESPECIALLY if the person who did it won't do anything to update or complete it.

Perhaps the fact that you haven't authored a website in several years is the reason that you don't understand this. Nowadays, webmasters often make sites and give instructions on how to update it. I have two of my own that were built for me by webmasters and I was given instructions on how to add content, delete content, change it and add/delete photos. It's quite easy really. And, a person from here couldn't go in to update it because they weren't given instructions on how to do it. Doing the updates aren't difficult in the least bit if shown how. If it were MY baby missing, and was the "official site", I would certainly want to have a hand in it, ESPECIALLY if the person who did it won't do anything to update or complete it.

So do you have proof that DB was given these instructions. Personally, I would NEVER give anyone my fttp:/ addy, password, or any other information to alter MY website.

norest is not saying the general public would have access... that would be ridiculous! but any website that is about their "missing" baby should be their website especially if they "endorse" it imo. they should WANT to update and make changes and read comments (and maybe respond to any positive feedback)... personalize it, you know?! they aren't. no one is. the first website looked much better imo. don't know why that one was suddenly abandoned... too much work to keep constantly updating? or maybe the creator realized it was unnecessary...

does anyone remember who was in charge of the "find baby lisa" site?

norest is not saying the general public would have access... that would be ridiculous! but any website that is about their "missing" baby should be their website especially if they "endorse" it imo. they should WANT to update and make changes and read comments (and maybe respond to any positive feedback)... personalize it, you know?! they aren't. no one is. the first website looked much better imo. don't know why that one was suddenly abandoned... too much work to keep constantly updating? or maybe the creator realized it was unnecessary...

It still does not show me that without a doubt DB or JI or their DT has access to change the site. Anyone can start a web page and call it "official"

In answer to your last question, I thought it was CS that owned the last one but I'm not sure of that for a fact either.

It still does not show me that without a doubt DB or JI or their DT has access to change the site. Anyone can start a web page and call it "official"

In answer to your last question, I thought it was CS that owned the last one but I'm not sure of that for a fact either.

Fact? We don't need no stinkin' facts.;)

THANK YOU! Sometimes I'm just :banghead:

THANK YOU! Sometimes I'm just :banghead:

Didn't you say though that you don't think the parents have anything to do with the site anyway? Dewey is right, I can put up a site now and put the word official on it, doesn't mean it's anything of the sort.

So do you have proof that DB was given these instructions. Personally, I would NEVER give anyone my fttp:/ addy, password, or any other information to alter MY website.

Why would she have proof that that info was handed to the Bradwins, she has made the statement she doesn't think the parents have anything to do with the site.
Her entire statement reads

You highlighted the very last sentence of her bolded comment, seperated it from the qualifiers and seperated it from the context of the entire paragraph.

Why would she have proof that that info was handed to the Bradwins, she has made the statement she doesn't think the parents have anything to do with the site.

You highlighted the very last sentence of her bolded comment, seperated it from the qualifiers and seperated it from the context of the entire paragraph.

If you go back and read post 226 she makes the assumption that DB should update the site b/c webmasters give out instructions to do so.

If you go back and read post 226 she makes the assumption that DB should update the site b/c webmasters give out instructions to do so.

The bulk of her post is expanding on her previous statement that anyone can make changes to a website. The brief bit about BD does not read as an assumption to me. It's a hypothetical and it's qualified with an if. That one little word can have a big impact in a sentence. YMMV.

Thankfully, most people can read my statements as to what they really mean. But, separating and stirring and mixing...well, you see it a lot here.

Didn't you say though that you don't think the parents have anything to do with the site anyway? Dewey is right, I can put up a site now and put the word official on it, doesn't mean it's anything of the sort.

I would imagine if you popped up now with a site about BL and perpetuated association to the parents or endorsement by the parents by claiming it official and making mentions to "our daughter" like this site does without their permission, you would likely receive a nice cease and desist letter from one of their counsel. :moo:

I was just wondering if you felt that the design of the successful page was the reason why it got so many hits. Is the subject matter of the successful site popular? Maybe that has something to do with the number of hits?

Considering he owns a very successful website, with all the normal design elements of most other websites, AND he advertises as a web designer on that site, I think he knows about web design.

We can help you get started by registering your own unique domain name, hosting and then launching your own website. After that, you can make changes yourself or write us an email.

http://barrelhorseworld.com/websites/

ETA- just wanted to point out this part. . .

After that, you can make changes yourself or write us an email.

Considering he owns a very successful website, with all the normal design elements of most other websites, AND he advertises as a web designer on that site, I think he knows about web design.

We can help you get started by registering your own unique domain name, hosting and then launching your own website. After that, you can make changes yourself or write us an email.

http://barrelhorseworld.com/websites/

ETA- just wanted to point out this part. . .

After that, you can make changes yourself or write us an email.

Thanks for your reply hambirg. The link you provided is great but I still was wondering about the successful website you mentioned before.

I'm still curious whether the subject matter vs the design of the website is key to it's popularity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett